GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 47 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,680
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Connie didn't know about Fredo? #7633
04/08/04 10:29 AM
04/08/04 10:29 AM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline OP
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline OP
Underboss
Happy Valley
In Part III, she thinks Fredo drowned. How can she believe that? Connie knew right away when Michael killed Carlo. Kay and Anthony obviously know Michael killed his brother ("Tony knows you killed Fredo"). Even Mary had heard rumors. The only possible explanation is that she didn't want Michael to know that she knew what really happened (if that makes sense).

(I noticed during the famed "Silent Scream", Al Pacino had a huge piece drool coming out the side of his mouth. Every time I see the ending now, that is always going to distract me. I just ruined one of my favorite movie endings.)

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Connie didn't know about Fredo? #7634
04/08/04 11:01 AM
04/08/04 11:01 AM
North London
Bella Mafia UK Offline
Capo
Bella Mafia UK  Offline
Capo
North London
I think Connie says this to Michael because she is, at this stage, deeply deluded. In GF3, Connie is much more involved than in the previous 2 films - she gives Vincent the go-ahead for the hit on Joey Zasa - and, if anything, she is more keen than Michael on continuing the old family ways. I'm sure she knew that Michael killed Fredo, but I think she chooses to lie to herself in her head that it was an accident. She is basically in denial - there is an imlicit agreement between brother and sister that the truth of the incident is never referred to or properly dealt with. She also wants to reassure Michael that he has done nothing wrong - as if saying a lie will somehow make it become reality.

Remember Connie is keen for Michael to stay in the business whereas Kay wants nothing to do with it - that's why Kay throws the truth in Michael's face.

...there's people who would pay a lot of money for that information. But then your daughter would lose a father..instead of gaining a husband.
Re: Connie didn't know about Fredo? #7635
04/08/04 11:07 AM
04/08/04 11:07 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
... (I noticed during the famed "Silent Scream", Al Pacino had a huge piece drool coming out the side of his mouth. Every time I see the ending now, that is always going to distract me. I just ruined one of my favorite movie endings.)
Then perhaps you might consider closing your eyes or turning away from the picture at that point, thereby allowing yourself to focus only on the scream. Since you already know it will be a silent one, then you won't be missing anything and in your mind you can picture a 'drool-less' Michael who has just witnessed the murder of his daughter.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Connie didn't know about Fredo? #7636
04/08/04 04:17 PM
04/08/04 04:17 PM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
I still find it hard to believe that Connie knows the truth about Fredo

Re: Connie didn't know about Fredo? #7637
04/09/04 08:24 PM
04/09/04 08:24 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
She knows. By the end of GFIII, the most ruthless, cold-blooded, merciless member of the family is Connie Corleone.

"You did good."
Re: Connie didn't know about Fredo? #7638
04/12/04 12:24 PM
04/12/04 12:24 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
In Part III, she thinks Fredo drowned. How can she believe that? Connie knew right away when Michael killed Carlo. Kay and Anthony obviously know Michael killed his brother ("Tony knows you killed Fredo"). Even Mary had heard rumors. The only possible explanation is that she didn't want Michael to know that she knew what really happened (if that makes sense).
I don't believe that Connie could suddenly believe that Fredo drowned. Don't forget - she asks why Michael won't see Fredo in the boathouse before Mama's funeral. She couldn't have come to the conclusion that Michael killed Carlo & the Family heads ("Read the papers - that's your husband") and suddenly been scratching her head about Fredo.

I believe that she says this to ease Michael's burden & guilt over having Fredo killed. Remember, she says it right after Michael announced that he made confession and after he had a serious diabetic stroke. Perhaps she did not want Michael to have any additional stress to what he was already undergoing - his health & the Immobiliare scandal.

Re: Connie didn't know about Fredo? #7639
04/19/04 04:23 AM
04/19/04 04:23 AM
nottingham, england
estelle Offline
Associate
estelle  Offline
Associate
nottingham, england
i couldnt believe it either...but i think its because fredo was shot after connie ade her peace with michael and told him to make up with fredo..so she wouldnt think that he still killed him.

connie obviously didnt see fredos body either because i dont think she would have believed that he had drowned...there being a giant bullet hole in his head an' all!

the toes you step on today could be the ass you kiss tomorrow
Re: Connie didn't know about Fredo? #7640
04/19/04 10:32 PM
04/19/04 10:32 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
I think by GF3 Connie did know the truth. How could she not have. She only said that to make Michael feel better. By this time too, I think she knew WHY Fredo was killed, and her husband. She even kills one of Michaels enemies, so she knew the truth behind and understood Fredo's death.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull