GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (The_Marble_Guy), 266 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,852
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco #850085
07/07/15 08:19 AM
07/07/15 08:19 AM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
Anyone know the real reason why Amuso and Casso wanted to kill D'Arco? They claimed they thought he was a rat but that was bull shit. What was the true reason?

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #850089
07/07/15 08:27 AM
07/07/15 08:27 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
D'Arco was already in their bad books because of his failed hit on Peter Chiodo. Amuso and Casso also came to believe that D'Arco was skimming money from their tribute payments.

Last edited by Neo; 07/07/15 08:29 AM.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #854872
08/08/15 03:24 PM
08/08/15 03:24 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Not hard to believe. I find it hard to believe D'Arco was as virtuous as his book made him out to be.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #854955
08/09/15 01:00 AM
08/09/15 01:00 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Though that's mostly likely true Moe it's no denying C & A were certified nut jobs.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 08/09/15 01:00 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #854957
08/09/15 01:15 AM
08/09/15 01:15 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Though that's mostly likely true Moe it's no denying C & A were certified nut jobs.

I'm glad they got caught because the punishment is worse. Had there been no more charges, and they came out of hiding, the Bronx/Harlem faction would have finally gone on the offensive with the full backing of the Westside. Uptown, Downtown, the Bronx, and with the blessing of Chin himself.

Those two animals would have been slaughtered in the street, and that wouldn't have been nearly enough punishment. Now, spending your final 30 or 40 years in a cage, that's justice. And, God forgive him because he wasn't a Saint by any means, but wherever Mikey Salerno is today, I can see that childlike grin of his. They couldn't shine that man's shoes.

I hope they live another thirty years, right where they are.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #855006
08/09/15 01:01 PM
08/09/15 01:01 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Did D'Arco really try to align with and get Daidone and Crea to take out Lastorino, Baratta and Zappola towards the endgame in 1991, or is he just trying to make his defection seem a bit more noble?

I find it very hard to believe that he wasn't taken out earlier considering how much of a liability his junkie son was and how insubordinate he was with his superiors.

Does anyone really believe this guy would have lived to see another day if he shouted back to Casso on the phone or disrespected Bowat at a sitdown?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Moe_Tilden] #855015
08/09/15 01:33 PM
08/09/15 01:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Did D'Arco really try to align with and get Daidone and Crea to take out Lastorino, Baratta and Zappola towards the endgame in 1991, or is he just trying to make his defection seem a bit more noble?

It's possible for one reason only: The Bronx/Harlem faction was getting ready to go on the offensive with the backing of Chin and the Westside at EXACTLY that time (around '91).

I find it very hard to believe that he wasn't taken out earlier considering how much of a liability his junkie son was and how insubordinate he was with his superiors.

That's the life, Moe. Years ago, you'd walk down the street and see a brokester who owed the whole neighborhood, then say to yourself, How the fuck is that guy still walking around? Some people just get lucky. Other guys die for absolutely nothing. But if you choose that life, it's on you.

Besides, they had no one else in the Brooklyn faction with a little experience who they could bullshit into believing that he was the boss. That crew was THAT fucked up at the time.

Does anyone really believe this guy would have lived to see another day if he shouted back to Casso on the phone or disrespected Bowat at a sitdown?

I doubt it, but who knows? The Casso telephone thing might have been D'Arco raising his voice out of frustration, then embellishing it in the book.

As far as Bowat and that sitdown, I doubt that, too. But again, you never know. You have to take a very powerful position at the table to be taken seriously or you'll get eaten alive.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #855018
08/09/15 01:52 PM
08/09/15 01:52 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
I am thinking D'Arco took advantage of Casso's and Amuso's absence and kept more than he was supposed to keep rather than kicking up everything. Casso and Amuso were far from stupid and i really believe that was D'Arco's demise.
D'Arco may have even cut a few deals with other guys telling them to say they only kicked up X amount ( less) than they really did. However, those guys gained as well by being able to keep more.
When you normally get 25k a month from a guy and now its only 10, antenna's go up.
D'Arco probably justified it by the fact that he was on the street taking the risk and he was running things, plus, lets face it, he saw an opportunity and thought he could get away with it.
This is just my own opinion but a few guys here know more than me.

Last edited by Belmont; 08/09/15 01:54 PM.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #855020
08/09/15 02:09 PM
08/09/15 02:09 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I read the posts here and older ones about Amuso .

Now i understand the dislike for Casso with his crazy ways and him being a rat.

But why the same hatred for Amuso ? did he do the same thing ?

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Belmont] #855022
08/09/15 02:11 PM
08/09/15 02:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Belmont
This is just my own opinion but a few guys here know more than me.

Don't kid yourself, Belmont. You're one of the ten best posters on this entire board when it comes to this section. Much like myself, you post what you know, and you don't speculate too much about what you don't know. You're a valuable asset here smile.

As far as the whole Lucchese fiasco, you know more than you think you do. Don't forget, they wanted to wipe out the ENTIRE Jersey faction, and that's right up your wheelhouse.

Casso was a maniac, and Amuso suffered from some kind of warped co-dependency. I almost feel bad for Amuso because that was probably an honest mental problem.

None of it matters. If and when they ever came out of hiding (the charges get dropped, etc.), they all would have been slaughtered. I know I'm a repetitive pain in the ass, but the Bronx/Harlem Lucchese faction had the ENTIRE Westside behind them. The Brooklyn Luccheses had the Brooklyn Luccheses. Ballgame over.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Serpiente] #855024
08/09/15 02:15 PM
08/09/15 02:15 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Serpiente

Because he was a party to it. Like I said in my much longer post above, he obviously suffered from some kind of co-dependency that allowed him to go along with Casso on everything. He's a stand-up guy, though. Credit where credit is due.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: pizzaboy] #855028
08/09/15 02:36 PM
08/09/15 02:36 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Serpiente

Because he was a party to it. Like I said in my much longer post above, he obviously suffered from some kind of co-dependency that allowed him to go along with Casso on everything. He's a stand-up guy, though. Credit where credit is due.

Thanks " and understood . I did not know if Amuso was like that the whole time.
I am sure the dependency came from Casso proving him wrong a few times when Casso had the answers already to Amuso's thoughts .
Casso did have a few fed's (i hear) also the NYPD guys that got pinched in his pocket.

I would think in the beginning Amuso was keeping Casso a little at bay ,but when Casso kept coming up dead on he must have caved .

I think I said that right !

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #855039
08/09/15 03:25 PM
08/09/15 03:25 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Interesting, guys.

Joseph De Fede isn't mentioned once in D'Arco's book which I find quite interesting, considering he was the next acting boss after D'Arco. Pretty much every other Lucchese mobster from Hill, Burke, DeSimone and Vario to the DiPalermo's to Crea and Migliore to the obvious ones (Amuso, Casso, Corallo, Furnari) get mentioned, but not Little Joe.

One more thing. Before Al turned, people had their guard up around him - Jimmy Ida seemed to have his number. It's covered in the book, but I think I seen this story fleshed out somewhere else on the web in greater detail. Al seemed to gaining a bit of distrust. Whether this was Amuso & Casso feeding disinformation and/or paranoia...

His story about the attempted hit at The Kimberly Hotel seems to be a case of extreme paranoia. If they were going to whack him & Avellino, why didn't they complete the job on Avellino after D'Arco scarpered?

And besides Avellino was a huge earner for the family and held in even greater esteem than D'Arco.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Moe_Tilden] #855042
08/09/15 03:34 PM
08/09/15 03:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
One more thing. Before Al turned, people had their guard up around him - Jimmy Ida seemed to have his number.

If I remember correctly, Moe, at first he claimed to be friendly with Jimmy before Jimmy put his guard up. And I can tell you with absolute certainty that that's bullshit. Jimmy wouldn't even look in Al's direction when they co-existed in Little Italy.

I also remember him mentioning that Jimmy hung out at La Mela, like it was some kind of big breaking news. Anyone who knew him knew that Jimmy loved that place and ate there almost every day. And he PAID wherever he went. He wasn't one of the scumbags who expected every meal and drink to be "on the arm."

And that's ironic because Little Al was one of those scumbags who expected everything for free. He bullied waiters and walked out on checks in unconnected restaurants all over the old Little Italy. Scumbag.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: pizzaboy] #855044
08/09/15 03:36 PM
08/09/15 03:36 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

I'm glad they got caught because the punishment is worse. Had there been no more charges, and they came out of hiding, the Bronx/Harlem faction would have finally gone on the offensive with the full backing of the Westside. Uptown, Downtown, the Bronx, and with the blessing of Chin himself.

Those two animals would have been slaughtered in the street, and that wouldn't have been nearly enough punishment. Now, spending your final 30 or 40 years in a cage, that's justice. And, God forgive him because he wasn't a Saint by any means, but wherever Mikey Salerno is today, I can see that childlike grin of his. They couldn't shine that man's shoes.

I hope they live another thirty years, right where they are.
Casso has to live out his days, as what he hates the most, a rat, I can think of a worse punishment for him.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #855085
08/09/15 07:14 PM
08/09/15 07:14 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I have the lil al book in my bathroom and when I forget my phone its the read and I've read it alot. Its a solid book my page I picked up today so Hickey d the genovese guy is doing dope deals with the prince street crew after the genovese kill hicky do they want all his loanshark money or drug deal money like if someone owed him 20 k for dope or what if he owes the prince st dudes there must have been some conflicts.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #855086
08/09/15 07:16 PM
08/09/15 07:16 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

If they didn't like al why make him the vario crew capo that put him in charge of a huge crew and Bruno f and manzo the airport big guy who had seen right threw al and nixed his induction saying this guy is a ice cream scooper.lol.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: pmac] #855100
08/09/15 08:33 PM
08/09/15 08:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: pmac
If they didn't like al why make him the vario crew capo that put him in charge of a huge crew and Bruno f and manzo the airport big guy who had seen right threw al and nixed his induction saying this guy is a ice cream scooper.lol.

They needed someone weak and gullible enough to believe that he was really the boss. Facciolo was strong out that way, that's why they whacked him. It's been proven and admitted by law enforcement, including the FBI, that Bruno wasn't a rat.

But that was their m.o. Whack a guy who's too well respected, then hang a rat label on him. They did the same thing to Mikey Salerno. And that man would never give the law more than his own name, if that. Scumbags.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #855111
08/09/15 09:12 PM
08/09/15 09:12 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Pizza you think people made beefs about unsettle dope deals at high levels between someone like dickey and the prince street guys that had to be a real bad look for the lcn rule book but you never no who gave a investment with a blind eye but wasn't trying to get fucked for there money if a guy got whacked or not.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: pmac] #855115
08/09/15 09:23 PM
08/09/15 09:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Pizza you think people made beefs about unsettle dope deals at high levels between someone like dickey and the prince street guys that had to be a real bad look for the lcn rule book but you never no who gave a investment with a blind eye but wasn't trying to get fucked for there money if a guy got whacked or not.

Without a fucking doubt. They lie about each other so much, they don't even know when they're telling the truth. Especially back then. The '70s and '80s were particularly full of backstabbers who'd lie just to ruin a guy's rep if someone was jealous of him.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #855116
08/09/15 09:26 PM
08/09/15 09:26 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

That was 89 after gottis brother gene I think took 50. You no I read scarpa said n 90 the Colombo took a real stance against drugs probaly dope cause scarpa didn't give a fuck but he never told his bosses about dope deals.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: pmac] #855128
08/09/15 10:01 PM
08/09/15 10:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That was 89 after gottis brother gene I think took 50. You no I read scarpa said n 90 the Colombo took a real stance against drugs probaly dope cause scarpa didn't give a fuck but he never told his bosses about dope deals.

He's a rat, but I believe it.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: pmac] #855138
08/09/15 10:32 PM
08/09/15 10:32 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
scarpas whole crew, son included dealt pills, pot, coke all over bklyn and s.i. everyone knew., no secret.he kept killing and bringing money, the higher ups said zero. greg was pinched by the secret service, no prison, case was forgotten about..he got away with what ever he wanted to do.. the families would kill a guy here and there just to say we clean our house. like Pizza said lies and jealousy. got good guys killed

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: bronx] #855159
08/10/15 12:40 AM
08/10/15 12:40 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: bronx
like Pizza said lies and jealousy. got good guys killed

Eh, like my wife has been saying to me going on thirty years, even a busted clock is right twice a day.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #855993
08/14/15 10:05 AM
08/14/15 10:05 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

How can D'Arco say he is not a rat?

He says that he squealed on Amuso & Casso because they weren't "playing by the rules" and they were going after families. Bull shit. He didn't play by the rules. The fact that he ratted because he was going to get whacked rather than ratting because he was going to prison doesn't make him any less of a rat. And the feds had him pegged as one of the leading figures of the family and were closing in on him due to the Matamoras landfill investigation, so this narrative that he didn't have any pending cases against him is a bit erroneous.

If D'Arco was ratting because he was disillusioned with the mafia and it wasn't the mafia he fell in love with, fair enough, but he didn't just rat out his superiors (Amuso & Casso). He f***ing ratted out his underlings! Pete Del Cioppo and Harpo Trapani didn't pass down orders to kill family members and family captains so his argument falls to pieces right there.

There was a cap on how long Sammy Gravano could testify for the feds. There was no such cap with D'Arco. He ratted and ratted and ratted and ratted and ratted - for over a decade. He was clearly desperate to evade prison. He is a coward and it is a disgrace that he didn't serve any prison time for all the murders he participated in.

And it's right there in the book that he was caught in a lie once on the stand, so he and the feds have no right to preach about Casso and say what a great servant D'Arco was!

D'Arco regurgitated the same stuff they didn't want to take Casso at face value for!

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Moe_Tilden] #855998
08/14/15 10:21 AM
08/14/15 10:21 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
@ Moe

Virtually ALL rats say the same fucking thing. They only get religion AFTER they flip. They did it for their family. They did it because they wanted a better life. They did it because there was a contract on them, so it was really self-defense and they're not rats for that reason. It's coded into the DNA of the stool pigeon. You're born loyal or you aren't. It can't be taught. You have it or you don't. And rats don't have it no matter how long they've been wiseguys.

And I feel the same way about dirty cops. I actually hold them in lower regard because you have to expect a criminal to lie, cheat, kill and steal. But guys like Eppolito and Caracappa are the worst of the worst because they're paid to protect and serve. If you wanna be a cop, go ahead but be an honest cop. If you wanna be a wiseguy, go ahead but don't give up your friends. Pick a fucking side and stick with it.

My two cents.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: pizzaboy] #856002
08/14/15 10:25 AM
08/14/15 10:25 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
If you wanna be a cop, go ahead but be an honest cop. If you wanna be a wiseguy, go ahead but don't give up your friends. Pick a fucking side and stick with it.

My two cents.

Ill throw a dime in on that.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #856929
08/20/15 07:04 PM
08/20/15 07:04 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Something funny in the D'Arco book (which I finished) that I feel compelled to talk about.

Paraphrasing here....

D'Arco: "When I was testifying, Vic couldn't look me in the eye. He kept pretending to take notes."

Capeci: "Amuso sneered directly at D'Arco for several moments."

LOL.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856977
08/20/15 11:51 PM
08/20/15 11:51 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Moe thats a good point..I just finished his book for the 2nd time and its clear he didnt just rat to save his life he testified against other families trials like Gigante and Jimmy Idas I believe, like pb said I agree they all say the dame bs

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #857009
08/21/15 08:45 AM
08/21/15 08:45 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I would have less of an issue believing D'Arco if he simply ratted in trials he had personal - tangible - involvement in and ate a 3 or 4 year sentence (that is if he had no issue with going to prison) but the guy clearly ratted every time he could do so it would, firstly, delay his sentencing and, secondly, shave a little off his sentence each time he testified - until eventually he got off scot free without serving any time.

It's garish.

At the end of the day, he ordered several murders. He likely had a guiding hand in one or two relating to people who were more civilian than mobster.

Garish.

Imagine how pissed off Ida and Gigante were seeing this guy testifying about them? After all their efforts to remain secretive lol.

Ah well one criminal puts two others away and genuinely stays out of trouble. I suppose it's the price you pay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull