GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 112 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,538
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The life of Matthew Madonna #849052
07/01/15 05:24 AM
07/01/15 05:24 AM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Matthew Madonna did two prison sentences for drug trafficking (11 years & 20 years) but went on to become the Lucchese acting underboss.

Madonna would have a lot of heat on him all the time because of his past convictions.
He spent 31 years of his adult life in prison and roughly about a total of 10 years of his adult life dealing drugs before rejoining the Luccheses in 1995.

Gets out of prison in 1995 after a 20 year bid and 3 years later he gets made, then about 3 years after that he gets promoted to capo, then shortly after that he is promoted to the family panel and later on promoted to acting underboss.

My first question is how did a drug dealer who spent most of his adult life either in prison or dealing drugs get into the Lucchese administration?

My second question is how the fuck does a guy live life like that?
Gets out of prison after 11 years and goes straight back to dealing heroin and gets hit with 20 years prison time.
Does Madonna not mind prison or something?

Last edited by Neo; 07/01/15 05:30 AM.
Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849060
07/01/15 07:37 AM
07/01/15 07:37 AM
CleanBandit Offline
Capo
CleanBandit  Offline
Capo
First question - As far as I understood from some of the posts on the site regarding the matter, Madonna was close to being inducted before his bid. He took his time, kept his mouth shut and came out a senior citizen(more or less, don't hang me for this comment oldies! lol) and was rewarded greatly.

Second question - What did you expect? He's a career criminal with mafia ties. You expected for him to sit back and retire at a rather young age for a criminal? It's their mentality, it's in their blood. Either you go in fully, or you don't go in at all(at least when it's the case of blue collar criminals).

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: CleanBandit] #849077
07/01/15 10:56 AM
07/01/15 10:56 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: CleanBandit

Second question - What did you expect? He's a career criminal with mafia ties. You expected for him to sit back and retire at a rather young age for a criminal? It's their mentality, it's in their blood. Either you go in fully, or you don't go in at all(at least when it's the case of blue collar criminals).

But still, after his first drug sentence Madonna could have switched to other kinds of crime; for example, Salvatore Santoro (who later became Lucchese underboss) did time for drugs, but after getting out switched to labor racketeering I think and wasn't involved in drugs anymore.

Instead, Madonna made twice the same mistake.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Dwalin2011] #849086
07/01/15 11:47 AM
07/01/15 11:47 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

But still, after his first drug sentence Madonna could have switched to other kinds of crime; for example, Salvatore Santoro (who later became Lucchese underboss) did time for drugs, but after getting out switched to labor racketeering I think and wasn't involved in drugs anymore.

Tom Mix was the exception, not the rule. Because, generally speaking, people stick to what they know. Whether they're criminals or working stiffs.

He was a very bright guy. He came up in Harlem and lived right over here on City Island. He was one of the few guys with the balls to tell Ducks that he was making a huge mistake with Amuso and Casso. And they took their revenge on him by hitting Buddy Luongo because they were close. And that was the true beginning of the Bronx-Harlem/Brooklyn conflict.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: pizzaboy] #849099
07/01/15 12:17 PM
07/01/15 12:17 PM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Tom Mix was the exception, not the rule. Because, generally speaking, people stick to what they know. Whether they're criminals or working stiffs.

He was a very bright guy. He came up in Harlem and lived right over here on City Island. He was one of the few guys with the balls to tell Ducks that he was making a huge mistake with Amuso and Casso. And they took their revenge on him by hitting Buddy Luongo because they were close. And that was the true beginning of the Bronx-Harlem/Brooklyn conflict.

Interesting.

Madonna must have known Amuso and Casso really well or heard a lot of jail talk about those lunatics from Brooklyn because he was half way through a 20 year bid by the mid-eighties and wouldn't have seen or talked to Amuso or Casso in 10+ years.

Last edited by Neo; 07/01/15 12:21 PM.
Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849100
07/01/15 12:21 PM
07/01/15 12:21 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Neo

Interesting...

Madonna wouldn't have seen either Amuso or Casso in 10 years because he was still half way through a 20 year bid by the mid-eighties.

Madonna must have known Amuso and Casso really well or heard a lot of jail talk about those lunatics from Brooklyn.

He's talking about Santoro, not Madonna.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: TommyGambino] #849103
07/01/15 12:24 PM
07/01/15 12:24 PM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Oh, my mistake. It is 4:30 am here and I'm still half asleep. blush

Last edited by Neo; 07/01/15 12:25 PM.
Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: TommyGambino] #849105
07/01/15 12:27 PM
07/01/15 12:27 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
He's talking about Santoro, not Madonna.

Correct, Tommy. Good looking out wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849133
07/01/15 01:44 PM
07/01/15 01:44 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
If Madonna didn't go to prison, would he have been immediately made once the books were re-opened?

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: mightyhealthy] #849147
07/01/15 02:42 PM
07/01/15 02:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
If Madonna didn't go to prison, would he have been immediately made once the books were re-opened?

Probably not. They would have had to keep up appearances because of the alleged drug ban. Not that it mattered, most of them were in junk anyway. But not right after his first release, when the books were getting ready to open after a hiatus that pertained to drugs (and again, the REAL rule wasn't "Don't Deal," it was "Don't Get Caught." wink ).

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849163
07/01/15 03:29 PM
07/01/15 03:29 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Yeah, but he did get caught. And made anyway.

They broke the rule that replaced the rule.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: mightyhealthy] #849166
07/01/15 03:34 PM
07/01/15 03:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yeah, but he did get caught. And made anyway.

They broke the rule that replaced the rule.

They amended that rule at one point. I think it was that you couldn't have a drug conviction during the last five years.

My memory is fuzzy right now about who imposed it and when because I'm on Limoncello to help me deal with my Dad on a hot day. But it just goes to show the hypocrisy. Like the mob's rules are like the Constitution, a living and breathing document that can change over time lol.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849199
07/01/15 05:16 PM
07/01/15 05:16 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
I mean, the whole point of the rule is to stop people from snitching, no?

So if he isn't going to flip then who cares. Sell away!

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849200
07/01/15 05:17 PM
07/01/15 05:17 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Oh and there is nothing in the Constitution guaranteeing Tax Exempt status for religious institutions... smile

JUST KIDDING NOT TRYING TO GO THERE! Lol. Besides like I said I see both sides, would never ever want to see the Gov't force the Church what to do. Separation and all that.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: mightyhealthy] #849206
07/01/15 05:36 PM
07/01/15 05:36 PM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss

I'm also interested in finding out the exact reasons behind the drug ban.

I know the main reason - heavy prison sentences can cause wiseguys to start talking.

Also I have a theory that big earners involved in gambling rackets and union schemes were ordered not to get involved in the drug trade because the bosses, thinking long term, didn't want their best earners off the streets for years. Just a theory.

Last edited by Neo; 07/01/15 05:38 PM.
Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: mightyhealthy] #849209
07/01/15 05:59 PM
07/01/15 05:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

The rule was selectively enforced, just like every other rule. And again, the subtext was "Don't Get Caught."

If you can't get your head around it, I don't know what to tell you.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: mightyhealthy] #849214
07/01/15 06:10 PM
07/01/15 06:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Oh and there is nothing in the Constitution guaranteeing Tax Exempt status for religious institutions... smile

JUST KIDDING NOT TRYING TO GO THERE! Lol. Besides like I said I see both sides, would never ever want to see the Gov't force the Church what to do. Separation and all that.

I couldn't care less. The Catholic Church will survive.

Because I've got news for you. There's gonna be some backlash. You were here at the time. In the year after gay marriage was approved in New York, gay bashing incidents were up THREE HUNDRED PERCENT, because they had to flaunt it. In NEW YORK CITY, the Liberal Capital of the United States.

I like you. You know that. But you brought it into this thread just to get a rise out of me.

Edit: Bad day with Pop. Check your pm, Mighty smile.

Last edited by pizzaboy; 07/01/15 09:57 PM.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849216
07/01/15 06:20 PM
07/01/15 06:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Neo
Also I have a theory that big earners involved in gambling rackets and union schemes were ordered not to get involved in the drug trade because the bosses, thinking long term, didn't want their best earners off the streets for years. Just a theory.

Keep it a theory. The major books, shys, and ESPECIALLY the union heavies (Bernie Adelstein, Johnny Dio, Tony Pro, et al.) never went anywhere near big-time drug deals because they couldn't risk violating the anti-trust laws. Too much to lose. If you breach an anti-trust law, you can't hold a union position.

And for the tenth time: The rule was rarely enforced, the subtext being "Don't Get Caught," rather than "Don't Deal."

Castellano himself took dope money off the DeMeo crew. They're all hypocrites, and the rules have always been selective anyway.

Think about it. There was more skag moved during the '60s and '70s (The French Connection era) than at any other time up until recently when heroin made a comeback (into the suburbs of all places). Those years completely coincided with the "making hiatus," and it was the Golden Era of heroin dealing in East Harlem. Don't be naive.

You want to learn? Then read and learn. You're in the right place smile.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849225
07/01/15 06:46 PM
07/01/15 06:46 PM
US~NY &WA
F
Facchia Offline
Button
Facchia  Offline
F
Button
US~NY &WA
Nice....advocating violence because a minority "was shoving it down people's throats". So they are suppose to hide because it bothers you? Sounds like someone is insecure in his manhood, Pizza"boy"...

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Facchia] #849226
07/01/15 06:51 PM
07/01/15 06:51 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Facchia
Nice....advocating violence because a minority "was shoving it down people's throats". So they are suppose to hide because it bothers you? Sounds like someone is insecure in his manhood, Pizza"boy"...

You gonna start this shit again, Facchia? You already went on vacation for starting trouble. You looking for another vacation?

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849228
07/01/15 06:53 PM
07/01/15 06:53 PM
US~NY &WA
F
Facchia Offline
Button
Facchia  Offline
F
Button
US~NY &WA
I will remove myself, fuck you and this board. Have fun with your four guys will no lives. I actually look on her to laugh and these losers.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Facchia] #849229
07/01/15 06:55 PM
07/01/15 06:55 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I will remove myself, fuck you and this board. Have fun with your four guys will no lives. I actually look on her to laugh and these losers.

Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out. Bye!

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Facchia] #849231
07/01/15 07:00 PM
07/01/15 07:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Doesn't anyone see a pattern here?

The mods are not fucking around (and I applaud them for it). Flaming long time posters--or any posters--won't be tolerated. Take heed.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849233
07/01/15 07:09 PM
07/01/15 07:09 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Here here!

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: pizzaboy] #849263
07/01/15 09:58 PM
07/01/15 09:58 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT

The rule was selectively enforced, just like every other rule. And again, the subtext was "Don't Get Caught."

Nah, I completely get it.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: mightyhealthy] #849267
07/01/15 10:10 PM
07/01/15 10:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Nah, I completely get it.

I know. I was barbecuing for my father at the time and really had my hands full. And I returned your pm.

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849305
07/02/15 01:58 AM
07/02/15 01:58 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Don't get caught unless you had permission from the boss or are the boss.

Trumunti
Evola
Galante
Genovese
Eboli

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: mulberry] #849321
07/02/15 09:10 AM
07/02/15 09:10 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
mulberry ,that list is a little short.. lol, you can add every boss..carlo's brother paul was the H guy ..joe n gallo and his son. neil had nothing but junk guys around..look at harlem..vic gas. the jersey guys i think are pretty clean or really never got pinched..maybe someone can come up with some names in the junk biz from nj..

Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: Neo] #849324
07/02/15 10:10 AM
07/02/15 10:10 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
The nj Ls have always made some $, but not at that top wholesale level but still even recently if u really dig some things are going on

Then obviously cherry hill and skins , that was his big part of his biz

Plus a lot of biz on the fringe - finance and clean plus port delivery

the WS cleaning , that was a big thing that is rarely discussed here and didn't get much media attention as it should of but a lot of money there ,

But your right Bronx not a ton of wholesales except for cherry hill who were probably one of the biggest

NJ towns so corrupt so labor and construction , garbage is always going to bring be big but 1 fam did a shit load of pills but LE couldn't get above the associate level

Last edited by DB; 07/02/15 10:12 AM.
Re: The life of Matthew Madonna [Re: bronx] #849329
07/02/15 11:04 AM
07/02/15 11:04 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: bronx
mulberry ,that list is a little short.. lol, you can add every boss..carlo's brother paul was the H guy ..joe n gallo and his son. neil had nothing but junk guys around..look at harlem..vic gas. the jersey guys i think are pretty clean or really never got pinched..maybe someone can come up with some names in the junk biz from nj..

Spot-on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull