GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 181 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,876
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,573
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
coaching by the media #846477
06/16/15 04:18 PM
06/16/15 04:18 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
I know everyone is sick of the bruce jenner thing but I gotta bring up the media brainwashing aspect of it. Am I the only one who has seen dozens of articles on my Facebook news feed about 'how to respond' to jenner and his sex change? And God forbid you refer to him as a 'he'.. people will jump down your throat. I was banned from commenting on a popular website because when they posted an article about the proper way to talk about bruce (always as 'she' and 'her'), I commented that if you're born a man, you're a man for life. Bruce is a man who had surgery to look like a woman. This was enough to get about 100 people calling me a bigot and the website banning me. I don't like being coached on how to feel. I feel however I feel naturally. Is this abnormal on my part? Are the people on this site buying the media hype that not calling a man a woman is the new equivalent to racism? This whole thing is annoying.

Make that coffee to go
Re: coaching by the media [Re: blacksheep] #846479
06/16/15 04:32 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
This probably still could have been within the Jenner thread but, yes, you make a good point. To stifle peoples valid opinion in this way is more divisive than actually helping their cause. The majority of people probably don't give 2 f@@ks what Jenner does, but even to have a tiny minority who do, think they can push ridiculous legislation through is, at least, frustrating and at worst, can actually fuel contempt

Re: coaching by the media [Re: blacksheep] #846480
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
What about trump running for President.

After all the liberal media saying the exact same negative things about trump. Like they all were machines and all there responses have been word for word.

only the unloved hate
Re: coaching by the media [Re: blacksheep] #846481
06/16/15 04:47 PM
06/16/15 04:47 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Social media is a joke and any attempt to have a rational discussion about "issues" is met with attacks from social justice warriors. Call Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner what you want he/she/him/her/it f**k what other people think.

MSNBC (probably the worst) Fox and CNN all do it they will edit and manipulate footage and give you half truths, all propaganda and bullsh*t

Feel however you want about religion you can love it or criticize it but the left and the media are brainwashing people the same way with this.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: coaching by the media [Re: thedudeabides87] #846594
06/17/15 10:41 AM
06/17/15 10:41 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@Dude

great points and the illustration is great example.

I'm not Catholic but members of my family are, and it always startled me how openly people can mock that set of beliefs versus others. Usually members of a group are given free reign to parody themselves and their backgrounds but lot of non Catholics have gotten passes to vilify something something that they aren't qualified to speak about.

Re: coaching by the media [Re: getthesenets] #846601
06/17/15 11:29 AM
06/17/15 11:29 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
Gotta love double standards. I'm agnostic so I don't really have a dog in this race, but I do feel for the Christian people. It seems like it's open season on them, but God forbid they say anything about anyone else. If you even broach the subject on a far left forum, you're immediately labeled a tea party racist/sexist/misogynist, etc. Just for mentioning double standards. Everyone should be able to be made fun of in my opinion. If Christians are on the list, so should gays, trannies, jews, all races, etc. People are too easily offended, but then they will do the most offensive shit to those they view as a majority. What a world we live in

Make that coffee to go
Re: coaching by the media [Re: blacksheep] #846604
06/17/15 12:26 PM
06/17/15 12:26 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
@Black sheep

It's the social justice mentality. Bullying and threatening is okay as long as it's the 'right' people doing it to the 'wrong' people. But in reality they barely differ from neo nazis or white supremacists. The beliefs are different but the tactics are the same. But I can deal with a neo nazi much easier. They voice an opinion on Jews or how Hitler was a great man, they'll get shoved in a corner and ignored by the general public, derided as racist lunatics. Social justice warriors are regarded as heroes and fighting for equality. What they really are, are angry little shits behind a keyboard.

A friend of mine in college who was a strong catholic got ashes on her head for Ash Wednesday, a tradition within the church. She got repeatedly made fun of and mocked and I'm thinking to myself if she had been Muslim or some other minority religion the world would have gone crazy. Double standards at its finest

Last edited by rockstar_man45; 06/17/15 12:27 PM.
Re: coaching by the media [Re: blacksheep] #846623
06/17/15 04:41 PM
06/17/15 04:41 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
But is the fact that Christians DONT get murderously crazy over the slightest perceived insult not the apparent quality they have? Turning the other cheek etc.

Re: coaching by the media [Re: blacksheep] #846627
06/17/15 05:43 PM
06/17/15 05:43 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
@Dude

You make a great point. People can post anything on social media, without any context, and the "social justice" warriors will pounce on it with hateful furor.

Without going into specifics, someone really close to me is going through some stuff right now that has been exacerbated by Facebook. Again, without being specific, a picture was taken of this person and their co-worker doing their job as they were trained, but the person who took the picture added a pithy little caption and supposed "back story" to the photograph, and it has pretty much gone viral in their community. People are threatening my friend, calling them a piece of shit and that they better watch their back. It is infuriating because I am well-versed in the training protocols of these individuals, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with what is going on in this photograph.

Again, I wish I could be more specific, but out of respect to this person, I am keeping it as vague as possible.

The point is, some low-life piece of shit decided to take a picture, post it anonymously to Facebook (going so far as to post a snapshot from their phone, conveniently hiding their user name), and all these people (who are absolutely not in the know) are blowing up. Thankfully the picture only shows my friend from the back and their identity hasn't gotten out. I can't imagine the type of threats they would be receiving if they knew my friend's identity.

The internet has become one big sandbox for bullies. Now they don't even have to leave the comfort of their own home. They can anonymously lash out at whoever they want, with no consequences.

And don't even get me started on the media's involvement...

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: coaching by the media [Re: blacksheep] #846634
06/17/15 06:33 PM
06/17/15 06:33 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
@XDCX
Something similar happened last week here in the Netherlands. There is this TV show that puts cameras in public places and then they record the reactions of people when something unacceptable is done or said by actors. Last weeks episode was about a girl with a headscarf(actress) that was shopping and she was being discriminated by an employee(actor). Most people defended the girl. However there was this one woman who appeared to be agreeing with the shop workers insults. Apparently they edited what she said and apparently she never even agreed with the insults but they were talking about shoplifting in general without referring to Islam or the girl. She was actually defending the girl when the shop worker started to insult her.

Thanks to social media the edited footage of her ''discriminating'' the girl went viral. The poor woman has become too afraid to leave her house because of this crap. All the network did was apologize and say that she signed a contract. Legally she can't do anything against the network I think.
To quote the dude:

Re: coaching by the media [Re: blacksheep] #846643
06/17/15 07:46 PM
06/17/15 07:46 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
@Gets & XDCX

Thanks

@yigido

The premise of the show sounds good but you can never trust anyone in the media (print, t.v. radio) Sounds a little like a show we have in the US called "What Would You Do?"

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: coaching by the media [Re: blacksheep] #846652
06/17/15 08:30 PM
06/17/15 08:30 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
I know everyone is sick of the bruce jenner thing but I gotta bring up the media brainwashing aspect of it. Am I the only one who has seen dozens of articles on my Facebook news feed about 'how to respond' to jenner and his sex change? And God forbid you refer to him as a 'he'.. people will jump down your throat. I was banned from commenting on a popular website because when they posted an article about the proper way to talk about bruce (always as 'she' and 'her'), I commented that if you're born a man, you're a man for life. Bruce is a man who had surgery to look like a woman. This was enough to get about 100 people calling me a bigot and the website banning me. I don't like being coached on how to feel. I feel however I feel naturally. Is this abnormal on my part? Are the people on this site buying the media hype that not calling a man a woman is the new equivalent to racism? This whole thing is annoying.

There's a couple terms for it. One is groupthink, where a person who doesn't think the same way as the group is ostracized. When the government is involved it's called fascism. This is a bit of both. The left-wing idealists want to make gender a social construct as if you are whatever you call yourself. It's anti-science and anti-reality. No matter what Jenner cuts off and no matter how he dresses, he's always going to to have that Y chromosome that makes him a male. If a man does not believe he's a male and surgically removes his genitalia then we are to accept it as normal, but if another man doesn't like his arm and cuts that off, he's probably going to be locked up for his own safety. It's an absolute double standard and it fits in with the post-modern philosophy that's taught at universities across the country.

And Philip C., if you're out there jump in and give your opinion.

Last edited by Faithful1; 06/17/15 08:33 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull