GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, 1 invisible), 228 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,521
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,978
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,089
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: Faithful1] #846661
06/17/15 09:06 PM
06/17/15 09:06 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
good pull F1

Never heard of that guy or his story.

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846686
06/18/15 12:07 AM
06/18/15 12:07 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Looks like the British newspaper the Daily Mail has been all over this. DK reporters traced her family tree to the 1600s and found no black ancestors: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ves-Africa.html

She says that she's also bisexual: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...onated-her.html

And to top it off, made a sex tape with her ex-husband: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...urt-papers.html

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: getthesenets] #846742
06/18/15 11:29 AM
06/18/15 11:29 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
and yeah F1

this stuff came out because she alleged that her p.o. box was filled with hate mail and evidence showed that only those with keys had access to it.

point by point breakdown by local media outlet that was behind the story

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/rachel-dolezal-the-story-behind-the-story/33608002

This is the crux of the story...all the interviews and revelations about sexuality and other smokescreens are just to deflect from Rachel being a LIAR. Worse than her lying about who she is and her background is her crying wolf about "hate mail" and "nooses" on her property. There is a REAL ugly history in this country of race riots,terrorism, violence,lynchings,etc.
These things are not to be trivialized...by ANYBODY. Her story has taken several bizarre and even comical twists and turns. On a surface, skin deep level(pun) it's a very funny story....but Rachel dishonors the generations of people who were victims of jim crow and klan fueled terror by LYING about being the target of hate crimes/intimidation.

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846743
06/18/15 12:04 PM
06/18/15 12:04 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
There was a movie that my wife liked in fact their was a remark of the same movie.

Where a white women became an actress a famous actress and had a black house keeper who loved her. The black housekeeper had a daughter with whie features. The actress also had a daughter about the same age. As kids they were close very close.

The housekeepers daughter wanted to be white not black.

She became ashamed of her mother for being black. She left and passed herself off as a white women.

Long interesting story then the housekeeper dies. I think the funeral was had in black Harlem. A lot of people loved that women. Then the daughter hears about it and comes to the funeral. Then she crys for her mother who she denied in the past.

Forget the movie name, but it was very good.

only the unloved hate
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846744
06/18/15 12:06 PM
06/18/15 12:06 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I think this girl is the opposite. They could make an interesting movie about her.

Black people dislike her for obvious reasons. White people dislike her for reasons not so obvious.

Did she marry a black guy and have children with him?

only the unloved hate
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846747
06/18/15 12:18 PM
06/18/15 12:18 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
The movie was imitation of life.

only the unloved hate
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: Footreads] #846753
06/18/15 01:04 PM
06/18/15 01:04 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Foot,

You should put a SPOILERS alert in your post about the film...for those who haven't seen it.

Imitation of Life was a great film...the mixed race woman was played by a White actress.

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846793
06/18/15 02:56 PM
06/18/15 02:56 PM
B
Bookgirl Offline
Associate
Bookgirl  Offline
B
Associate
I don't know, I mean on one hand as long as you are not hurting anybody then you should be free to live your life however you want (as crazy as you want).

But on the other hand I just can't help but think this whole thing just highlights this modern day mentality where if you don't like something physically about yourself then change it (and lie that you ever got it changed).

Whatever happened to learning to accept yourself the way you are?

I mean there are always going to be things about your body you don't like, but we are all going to get old anyway. We are all going to get gray hair, get wrinkled skin, etc. Physical beauty is so fleeting that it's overrated in my opinion.

Meanwhile your personality will last forever, and THAT'S what people should really focus more on improving.

Instead of spending thousands of dollars on looks which will fade anyway, maybe people should spend more time on fixing their rotten personalities which will never fad.

But I'm only 29 so you older people can feel free to jump on me if you want (EX: You'll think differently when you're older!) I just think society (and my fellow women especially) places way too much importance on how we look...when it really should be more on how we act.

As far as the woman in the article goes...I don't understand why she felt she had to lie and say she was black to be a member of the NAACP. Unless she just wanted that particular 'look', but then this is different then just dying your hair and claiming you're a blonde when you're really a brunette.

This is claiming you are a totally different race, and that is not acceptable in my opinion. You can admire a race without lying and claiming to be of that race. I personally think people of mixed race have such a beautiful skin tone, but as a white girl I'm not going to paint my skin and pretend to be something I'm not.

That's just crazy, and goes back to learning to accept yourself the way you are.

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: Footreads] #846821
06/18/15 05:04 PM
06/18/15 05:04 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
I think this girl is the opposite. They could make an interesting movie about her.

Black people dislike her for obvious reasons. White people dislike her for reasons not so obvious.

black people ain't mad at her, she helped more blacks than she hurt

don't know where you got that story from

Last edited by cookcounty; 06/18/15 05:05 PM.
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: cookcounty] #846842
06/18/15 05:55 PM
06/18/15 05:55 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: Footreads

black people ain't mad at her, she helped more blacks than she hurt

don't know where you got that story from

The point is cook she lied. She lied about who she was to gain favor and receive benefits in college and in the NAACP. She also lied about being the victim of hate crimes. As a black man cook, this should be insulting to you

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: getthesenets] #846844
06/18/15 05:56 PM
06/18/15 05:56 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
and yeah F1

this stuff came out because she alleged that her p.o. box was filled with hate mail and evidence showed that only those with keys had access to it.

point by point breakdown by local media outlet that was behind the story

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/rachel-dolezal-the-story-behind-the-story/33608002

This is the crux of the story...all the interviews and revelations about sexuality and other smokescreens are just to deflect from Rachel being a LIAR. Worse than her lying about who she is and her background is her crying wolf about "hate mail" and "nooses" on her property. There is a REAL ugly history in this country of race riots,terrorism, violence,lynchings,etc.
These things are not to be trivialized...by ANYBODY. Her story has taken several bizarre and even comical twists and turns. On a surface, skin deep level(pun) it's a very funny story....but Rachel dishonors the generations of people who were victims of jim crow and klan fueled terror by LYING about being the target of hate crimes/intimidation.

Amen! Lying about racism whether it is someone falsely claiming to be black when she or he is not, or falsely claiming a crime was racially motivated when it was not, or faking a crime that never happened, all diminish real racism.

Yesterday in South Carolina an atrocity happened when a 21-year-old white gunman entered an AME church and murdered nine unarmed black people in cold blood while they were involved in a Bible study. Today while watching CNN I saw two different guests make unproven comparisons, the first compared this crime to the church burnings of the 1990s and the other said that the killer was influenced by hate media, specifically naming FOX News.

First, the nothing about the shooter's motivations have been released to the public, so we don't know what his specific motivations were. Since he murdered black people and he is white the motivation could have been racist, since he murdered people involved in a Bible study in a church the motivation could have been a hatred of Christianity, or it could have been a mix of both. He could also have been a paranoid schizophrenic who stopped taking his meds. So the politicians should not have prematurely asserted what the shooter's motivations were until we have all the facts.

Second, I watch CNN and Fox, and occasionally MSNBC, CNBC and Fox Business, and Fox's news stories do not promote hate but are just as fair as the other stations, maybe even more so. The Fox commentary shows, like O'Reilly, Hannity, etc., are generally pro-police and reflect a more conservative point of view, but nothing that promotes hate. If anything they are anti-hate. They do criticize MSNBC just as Sharpton and Maddow on MSNBC criticize Fox. I have issues with some Fox commentators myself, but what this politician did was to slander the network. We don't have any evidence that the shooter even watched Fox. We don't know what he watched or who he listened to. Moreover, Fox commentators could be described as slightly anti-Muslim, so how does this even relate to encouraging someone to fire on a church? It makes no sense at all. It is a rush to judgment, politicizing an issue and it reflects more on the politicians making the comments than the tragedy itself.

Third, if this was (again, we don't know yet) a terrorist attack by a demented individual, someone who is mentally ill and not necessarily racist, then it misdirects a possible solution by creating a false cause and focusing our attention on that. In the 1990s there was a rash of church burnings that were blamed on racism. It turned out that many of them were caused by a 13-year-old white girl who was motivated by Satanism, others by a fire fighter turned arsonist; there were a few fires committed by the KKK, but they were a significant minority. It also turned out there also a large number of white churches that were burned, but because the black churches were predominately made of wood they were easier targets. It also turned out that the historical numbers were within the norm, so there was no rash of burnings. President Bill Clinton claimed that in his youth he remembered church burnings in Arkansas. An investigation by the Arkansas Gazette showed that there weren't any. Washington Post writer James K. Glassman wondered if this was a diversionary tactic during the illegal use of FBI files scandal. At any rate, the arsons continued with many white churches being burned by practicing Satanist Jay Scott Bollinger and his stripper girlfriend Angela Wood.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/churches/churches.htm

http://archive.wilsonquarterly.com/in-essence/fires-time

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/691591/posts

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/06/12/us/arr...oners-pain.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/04/21/us/man...ghter-died.html

https://www.atf.gov/content/about/our-history/blast-from-the-past/historic-cases/church-arson

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2000/decemberweb-only/35.0.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95006

http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/community/race/churches.html

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846858
06/18/15 07:20 PM
06/18/15 07:20 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@rockstar

why should i be insulted because a chick i never heard of wants to be black

i'm sure during her years at NAACP that she helped back people a few times

a non racist ain't insulting

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846866
06/18/15 09:14 PM
06/18/15 09:14 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
@cookcounty - The problem is that she was a fraud, a liar, and possibly delusional. If she had just come clean about who she is then there wouldn't be a problem.

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846873
06/18/15 10:12 PM
06/18/15 10:12 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Here's what we do know about the racist shooter so far: He was racist, took psychotropic medication (for what?), and played video games (which ones? was he obsessed with them?): http://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-carolina-shooting-suspect-idd-as-dylann-storm-roof-21/

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: Faithful1] #846874
06/18/15 10:18 PM
06/18/15 10:18 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Here's what we do know about the racist shooter so far: He was racist, took psychotropic medication (for what?), and played video games (which ones? was he obsessed with them?): http://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-carolina-shooting-suspect-idd-as-dylann-storm-roof-21/

That evidence can suggest that his rage was racially motivated.

It also suggests he had mental problems and probably played violent video games. I certainly don't think he was into club penguin. The picture I'm getting is a disturbed individual who spent too much time on the wrong activities

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846880
06/18/15 11:02 PM
06/18/15 11:02 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: Faithful1] #846883
06/18/15 11:18 PM
06/18/15 11:18 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846888
06/18/15 11:43 PM
06/18/15 11:43 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
It's known that watching violent movies can desensitize people to violence. Racist videos can promote false stereotypes and make them acceptable to young and weak people who don't have strong foundations. Not saying it's true for everyone, but for some it can certainly reinforce racist views just as they can reinforce violence. Adam Lanza, who was either autistic or had Asperger's Syndrome, was said to have developed his aim by watching violent videos. Read "On Killing" by Col. Dave Grossman.

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846906
06/19/15 06:38 AM
06/19/15 06:38 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Living in the middle of violence can desensitize people to violence. Who needs a video game or a movie to do that?

only the unloved hate
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846908
06/19/15 06:43 AM
06/19/15 06:43 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
How much actual violence did that white kid actually do before he shoot those people in church? Outside of killing animals probably none.

What probably did it for him is watching tv last year and hearing black people say to no justice no peace. Like the anarchist al sharp ton and others. Plus the medication that he was taking or that he stopped taking.

only the unloved hate
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #846909
06/19/15 06:47 AM
06/19/15 06:47 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Now you will see a lot of already crazy black kids who are or should be on meds doing the same or similiar violence to innocent white people.pushed by anarchist talk. Same old anarchist that would never do violence themselves.

only the unloved hate
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: Faithful1] #846939
06/19/15 01:43 PM
06/19/15 01:43 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
@cookcounty - The problem is that she was a fraud, a liar, and possibly delusional. If she had just come clean about who she is then there wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, fraud is the issue.

I refer you to Johnny Otis, a major figure in R&B history. He was born to Greek immigrant parents and was relatively dark-skinned. From an early age, he chose to identify with and live among blacks, and was instrumental in discovering and recording black artists. But he never tried to deceive anyone about his race--nor did he try to assume important positions in black institutions by posing as a born African-American:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Otis

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #847006
06/19/15 09:34 PM
06/19/15 09:34 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
What a great way to live you're life eh, you find something you are interested in and then just proclaim you're the same..

Hey, I'm a white, Scottish man, but Im really an Italian American gangster, and if I dress and act that way, you better agree! No wait, I'm a unicorn now....for fucks sake, why do we have to entertain these people

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #847007
06/19/15 09:40 PM
06/19/15 09:40 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Something I find interesting is that this women is being accepted and praised by liberals and African Americans (apologies if I used the wrong nomenclature) but when an African American is conservative they are called an Uncle Tom or said they re trying to be white, obviously it is supposed to be an insult, how accepting the left can be.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 06/19/15 09:43 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #847018
06/19/15 10:38 PM
06/19/15 10:38 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
It was either on CNN or MSNBC that Michael Eric Dyson and Toure were having a debate about her. Both are pretty far Left and they didn't agree. Dyson was kinda sorta defending her while Toure was calling her a fraud and a liar. Haven't heard any black conservative defend her, so all her defenders are on the Left, but not all those on the Left are defending her. It could be certain kinds of Left-wingers. Dyson is in the Marxist camp and Toure is more of a progressive socialist. Don Lemon is a CNN anchor who's on the center-Left and he doesn't defend her either.

Re: Can you be "bi-racial"?! [Re: fergie] #847020
06/19/15 10:43 PM
06/19/15 10:43 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
I haven't been watching the news on this, certain "issues" I turn off when they come up. I just assumed this was being defended and praised because of this headline, though I didn't read the article, I should know that making assumptions only makes one thing out of me.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 06/19/15 10:44 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull