GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CleanBandit), 273 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,594
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish #844887
06/07/15 01:44 AM
06/07/15 01:44 AM
Extortion Offline OP
Underboss
Extortion  Offline OP
Underboss
I dont think it was madonna hes not in jail and seems smarter than nose. Pizza any input besides everyone hated meldish? Mancuso seems reckless for a front boss.

Last edited by Extortion; 06/07/15 01:45 AM.
Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #844924
06/07/15 05:16 AM
06/07/15 05:16 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Extortion
I dont think it was madonna hes not in jail and seems smarter than nose. Pizza any input besides everyone hated meldish? Mancuso seems reckless for a front boss.

I seriously doubt it was either of them. I'm hearing that he had taken to dealing directly with some young Black and Latino gangsta types, and that it was probably a spur of the moment drug deal gone bad. I can see it because the guy didn't have two nickels to rub together towards the end, and he was desperate to earn.

Matty and Nose both have too much to lose to hit a complete scumbag who hasn't been relevant this century. Matty has other cases that he's trying to get concurrent time on, and Nose has his hands full elsewhere. Plus, neither of them would have liked the idea of the hit going down where it did.

Mickey Meldish still had a small rent controlled studio on Second Avenue around 109th. If it was an old time mob guy, in my opinion that's where they hit him, in Harlem, for the irony, history and significance of it all.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #844940
06/07/15 07:47 AM
06/07/15 07:47 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Neither.

Hit was a black guy too wasnt it?

Meldish had a book full of enemies

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #844945
06/07/15 08:14 AM
06/07/15 08:14 AM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
My guess-Matty gave the ok, probably told them to keep it away from him. he's sweating it now lol

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Blackjack2121] #844952
06/07/15 08:23 AM
06/07/15 08:23 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Meldish had a book full of enemies

Forty years worth. But I really hope it was a spur of the moment thing because that was just the Meldishes' style. To go off half-cocked and kill a guy over nothing. What comes around goes around. The world's a better place with one dead and the other jailed for life. Trust me on that.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #844977
06/07/15 09:52 AM
06/07/15 09:52 AM
OldSmoke Offline
Made Member
OldSmoke  Offline
Made Member
Love PB's analysis after being off the threads for so long.

I agree that Madonna probably didn't order it with everything he's got going on, plus what Pizza said about where it happened. Mancuso and Bonannos wouldn't surprise me just because of how their last decade has gone.

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #844980
06/07/15 10:15 AM
06/07/15 10:15 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
PB, just out of curiosity did you read the gangland last week or the week before where he spoke about the guy who is with the Bronx Bonnanos bc i dont take hos word as gospel as some do but i wa saying nose was behind it before he reported it, bc of all the tension between them and Meldsish was on a war path after the beating in Harlem.. so after that in may have been self defense on their part, also you said an old school mob guy would have done it in Harlem, these 30 to 40 year old guys who Nose made are far from that lol, and it seems like the type of poor judgment he would make causing all this unnecessary attention..... Also a side notei found it interesting a few years ago when it happned LE was kind of like who cares he had it coming then after a few reports on Gangland about Nose and his crew the arrests follow shortly after along with more of Capecis "inisder" information

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Vknicks] #844983
06/07/15 10:28 AM
06/07/15 10:28 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Vknicks
PB, just out of curiosity did you read the gangland last week or the week before where he spoke about the guy who is with the Bronx Bonnanos bc i dont take hos word as gospel as some do but i wa saying nose was behind it before he reported it, bc of all the tension between them and Meldsish was on a war path after the beating in Harlem.

I didn't read it, but I've seen other posters mention it here and there, and I do remember your analysis smile.

My position remains the same. It could've been anyone. And if Mancuso did have a hand in it, he's dumber than I thought, someone will flip, and he'll die in jail.

And if that happens, at least he'll dodge the disappointment of finding out that he's not really the boss the first time he walks Tremont Avenue lol.

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: pizzaboy] #845008
06/07/15 12:31 PM
06/07/15 12:31 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
shooter was around the same age as him too. could be that they knew each other.

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #845036
06/07/15 02:32 PM
06/07/15 02:32 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

the black guy been indicted for over amonth or 2. its a state case maybe it falls apart. maybe the older black guy is solid takes it on the chin.

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #845037
06/07/15 02:33 PM
06/07/15 02:33 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

read the car was in motion as hes killed, shot on the right side of the head so probaly pasenger

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: pmac] #845039
06/07/15 02:50 PM
06/07/15 02:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: pmac
the black guy been indicted for over amonth or 2. its a state case maybe it falls apart. maybe the older black guy is solid takes it on the chin.

Maybe it was just between him and Meldish, no wiseguys involved, and the Black guy has no choice but to take it on the chin. Mickey Meldsish was broke and doing petty drug deals with a bunch of nobodies towards the end. It could just be that he owed money and layed down on the wrong guy. The shit happens with street gangs every day. And that's what Meldish had lowered himself to towards the end. Petty drug deals with street gangs.

Why do people have to keep dragging Matty into this shit? The poor bastard is 80 years old, heading off to jail on one charge and trying to work out two others. They just love to blame the guinea gangster.

I've just come to the conclusion that Jerry Capeci is a self-hating piece of shit who envies other Italian Americans with real money. Fuck him. I've lost total respect for this guy. The Mafia that made him famous as a journalist doesn't really exist anymore, so he's lowered his standards, just like Anastasia did with that piece of shit book about Alite.

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: pizzaboy] #845049
06/07/15 03:43 PM
06/07/15 03:43 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: pmac

Maybe it was just between him and Meldish, no wiseguys involved, and the Black guy has no choice but to take it in the chin. Mickey Meldsish was broke and doing petty drug deals with a bunch of nobodies towards the end. It could just be that he owed money and layed down on the wrong guy. The shit happens with street gangs every day. And that's what Meldish had lowered himself to towards the end. Petty drug deals with street gangs.

Why do people have to keep dragging Matty into this shit? The poor bastard is 80 years old, heading off to jail on one charge and trying to work out two others. They just love to blame the guinea gangster.

I've just come to the conclusion that Jerry Capeci is a self-hating piece of shit who envies other Italian Americans with real money. Fuck him. I've lost total respect for this guy. The Mafia that made him famous as a journalist doesn't really exist anymore, so he's lowered his standards, just like Anastasia did with that piece of shit book about Alite.

Hey they got to make a living too

But yes I expected more from George. He dropped down a notch or two imo

And Capeci has not written his own articles for years.

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Blackjack2121] #845051
06/07/15 03:55 PM
06/07/15 03:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Hey they got to make a living too

But yes I expected more from George. He dropped down a notch or two imo

And Capeci has not written his own articles for years.

Eh, I'm just in a mood lol.

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #845061
06/07/15 04:39 PM
06/07/15 04:39 PM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
Maybe Capeci felt like he was picking on the Bonnanos too much after the embarrassment with Noses nephew getting made lol...
but in all seriousness thats what i was saying the other day about Gangland implicating Matty on something with no evidence just for a cheap headline. his own sourse said something along the lines of it doesnt mean he did it so it was just cheap speculation ... PB you should really read the article and youll see you not just in a mood and Capeci is grasping at irresponsible journalism

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Vknicks] #845064
06/07/15 04:57 PM
06/07/15 04:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Vknicks
PB you should really read the article and youll see you not just in a mood and Capeci is grasping at irresponsible journalism

I will, now that I understand what you meant. But even before I read it, I'm going to put it out there that he's running out of stuff to write about, he knows that the heyday is over, and that they'll never be another attention loving media whore boss like John Gotti ever again.

Now, Capeci had been at it for YEARS before Gotti knocked off Castellano. But John Gotti the mob boss is what made Jerry Capeci rich and semi-famous. If not for the Gotti era, and the books that he co-authored with Gene Mustain (and are still in print), Capeci is still banging out a column for a daily. He sure as shit wouldn't have become famous enough to write a weekly Internet column that you have to pay him to read.

And Blackjack is right, I don't think Capeci writes half of what ends up in Gangland every week. The worst part is, back in the late '80s and early '90s, I couldn't wait for the Tuesday Daily News (that's where his column really took off). Today I wouldn't take a gift subscription to his site. But I'm gonna go check out that article about Matty now, Vknicks.

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #847780
06/25/15 12:33 PM
06/25/15 12:33 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
From this weeks Gangland-

Grand Jury Indicts Two In Luchese Family Rubout Of Ex-Purple Gang Leader

A Bronx grand jury has indicted two members of a Luchese crime family hit team for the execution slaying of Michael Meldish, the notorious former leader of the Purple Gang who was shot to death while seated behind the wheel of his car in front of his home two years ago.

As predicted by Gang Land last month, the grand jury charged reputed mobster Christopher Londonio and mob associate Terrence Caldwell with murder, manslaughter and weapons charges for the November 15, 2013 killing of Meldish, a Luchese associate who headed a loosely connected gang of drug dealers from the Bronx and East Harlem in the 1970s and 80s.

Londonio, 41, and Caldwell, 57, who was arrested on a complaint last month that charged him with taking part in the Meldish murder, were both tied to the slaying "by DNA, phone records and license plate readers," according to the Bronx District Attorney's office.

Sources say the FBI and the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's office are working with cops and assistant district attorney Christine Scaccia in the murder probe.

Last month, the sources say, Londonio, who had been out on bail on a Bronx indictment for weapons charges, was hit with federal gun charges in an effort to put him behind bars while the state probers presented evidence of the mobster's alleged involvement in the murder before the grand jury. Caldwell has been held without bail on Rikers Island since his arrest last month.

Each defendant pleaded innocent Monday at his arraignment before Supreme Court Justice Jeanette Rodriguez-Morick.

During Londonio's court appearance, defense attorney Robert Blossner stated he would be withdrawing from the case because of an undisclosed "conflict of interest." Sources say the conflict stems from Blossner's representation of 80-year-old Luchese capo Matthew Madonna, the subject of a continuing investigation into the Meldish slaying.

Madonna, who pleaded guilty last week to eight-year-old New Jersey gambling charges, is slated to begin serving concurrent prison terms later this year for up to five years in the Garden State and for up to three years in New York for separate bookmaking charges lodged in 2009 by the Manhattan District Attorney's office.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Dellacroce] #847784
06/25/15 01:18 PM
06/25/15 01:18 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The Londonios were Throggs Neck kids. They lived right over here on Revere, around the corner from McDonald's. The brother Michael got himself shot and killed by the cops about ten years ago right in the fucking house. They came to arrest him and he started shooting at them. The kid was an earner, too. Too bad he was nuts.

It's really weird if you think about it. The Meldish brothers, one dead and one in jail. And if this kid Chris goes up, it's the same deal. One brother dead, and one in jail. He better hope he doesn't end up in the same joint as Joey Meldish. He's pushing sixty, but he's crazy for life.

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #847830
06/25/15 04:27 PM
06/25/15 04:27 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I admittingly don't know much on the issue but sounds like Meldish burned either his supplier or didn't payback the cash to finance a purchase . Drugs still a big part of the game for a few crews out there and 3 fams are still notorious for it , even today - excluding weed .

I'm don't have any knowledge on a Harlem beat down some have stated so that would be good info

But I think this is where things are now , an occasional out of control or informant associate hit every once in awhile and rarely gambling related as I know several guys who beat out on multi thousand in debts and they just blacklist everywhere as a lot of these books are loosely connected either by lay offs or managing a package into one of the monster books instead of banking it yourself ,which is smart as it drives the gambler crazy and the bookie might just get back some of his $.

I will say something could be up here in NJ as I know of a long term package guy that just went dark , that to me means someone is hot right now . Just my opinion of course

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #847833
06/25/15 04:50 PM
06/25/15 04:50 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
lol@caught by dna, cell phone records, and license plate readers, police state much?

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #847843
06/25/15 05:16 PM
06/25/15 05:16 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
You'd think people would be more careful, everyone has to be aware of this stuff by now

Re: Madonna or mancuso who whacked meldish [Re: Extortion] #871061
12/30/15 12:39 PM
12/30/15 12:39 PM
G
glockenspiel Offline
Associate
glockenspiel  Offline
G
Associate
Just saws this thread. Re Meldish, didn't he grow up in East Harlem, non-Italian family, East 118th or 119th? Name sounds Jewish but he was Lithuanian I think.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull