GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Giacomo, dsd, 1 invisible), 216 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,874
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,566
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: SinatraClub] #845107
06/08/15 03:46 AM
06/08/15 03:46 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
You are entitled to your opinion just like I am entitles to mine, which remains, it was a weak attempt that never got off the ground.

He would have been squashed anyway. He should have took the hint when he got it in Dante and Luigi's. Skinny would have quelled him pretty easily imo.

I always kind of felt bad for Scarfo JR. for some reason though lol

Not for nothing, and perhaps Serp never meant it like this, but the quote does say that he was busted down for getting a lot of made guys from other families to back him. The attempt never got off the ground but it seems to be much more than a "weak attempt", if whats said is indeed the case and true. At the very least this is Nick Jr having the ability to plan, and reach out, even if it's mostly because he may have enamored many with promises of money. With his earning power, that certainly possible. And none of this is to say that he'd be able to get any of the Five Families to back him, but I'm just saying, it seems as if he may have been able to perhaps buy the assumed participation of more than just a few guys from various families in NY.

If I took Serp's comment completely out of context, then I apologize.

When did he ever say a lot of made guys? He said guys from other families. Could be 2, could be 3, could be 5. Not sure where you got "a lot of made guys" from.

And in his above statement, he even remarked...a take over of some rackets and a last ditch effort to put SR. in power.

There are tons of half cocked plots thought about, and put in the planning stages that don't pan out. Doesn't mean there was ever a serious threat and I doubt anyone in Philly was worried about Scarfo Jr. coming back.

And that was one of the reasons he was busted down, the Perna's or whoever were plotting to take his spot from him and used that as a push. (Might not have been a Perna, trying to recall off the top of my head)

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845208
06/08/15 08:40 PM
06/08/15 08:40 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
I wouldn't base my entire opinion of Scarfo JR on what Phillip Leonetti said about him. Sure, I read Mafia Prince, decent read. But even if what Leonetti said about JR was true, and that's a huge if, we're talking about his opinion of a kid from a million years ago. Believe it or not some people grow up a lot and evolve from weak children into strong adults.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: Serpiente] #845210
06/08/15 09:16 PM
06/08/15 09:16 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
I have been hearing all kinds of thing from people close to Nick that went to a hearing or one of his family told I really should not say.And it is possible they have the copy's of what being said in court.Don't know for sure.

Amouso keeps coming up as boss ,out of the mouth of FBI from what I am hearing.(but most know he is boss weather a lighting rod or what ever)
Everyone keeps saying that the moneys Perna was / is kicking up unseated Nick jr as skipper ,not true Pernas kicking up anyway no fucking choice they kick or Die...

The whole thing was Nick jr getting a lot of made guys from other families to join him in taking some rackets form Philly.Don't know if it was a take over .

There is many reasons why he was doing this at this time .
money ,power ,and Skinny still in the can at the time and uncle Joe would have had to go along cos his Boss is Nick jr father was also pulling strings while there was lots of money to pull it off.Only if NY said yes ....

Now if it would have went through with out Amuso knocking Nick jr. down then it would have happened.(uncle Joe would of had to go along).

I know many don't get what I am saying ,but it will be coming out or is already out (some of it is )there was three or more families in this scam .
Nick jr. was not put down to soldier cos of Pernas money ,he was put down for not clearing this take over it through the bosses.

There is more to it ,cos it possible it was cleared by someone in NY but the other or ruling panel shot it down.
This all depends who is the real boss of the Lukes.

This is old news but many don't know that the Gambino's around or before this were close to taking out the Philly administration meaning the top three I would guess.
This was also comfirmed by Feds .

It is looking like Amuso is boss but just the head with say ,just will be over ruled if that is possible.
I will be hearing more of this as long as the people still are going to court or getting some type of copy's of whats going on .

I hope this came out legible" ,if not I am sure someone can put it right .....

@ Blackjack, ehem, the bolded. That's where I got the "a lot of made guys from other families" statement. And it's also said that the Perna's had little to do with Nick Jr being busted down to soldier and that it was indeed moreso his attempt at a "takeover" of Philadelphia LCN rackets, and not clearing it with his bosses. If I'm understanding Serp's post correctly, Nick Jr had the ambition, the know how, the guys, his father and the money to pull it off to at least a marginal extent. But he went over some peoples heads with the whole thing, people who mattered, and he paid for it.

Yet still, the simple idea of Scarfo Jr being able to garner some serious backing for his supposed "takeover" is still pushed aside as simply being ridiculous. Even with Serp's acknowledgment of the Gambino's considering taking out Philly's administration, effectively closing the Philadelphia families books for the foreseeable future. And with the informants and files which have come out or been leaked through reports since, which all but confirm that many important people within the LCN world, at least on the East Coast, weren't at all happy with what was going on in Philadelphia at the time, as well.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/08/15 09:20 PM.
Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845218
06/09/15 07:02 AM
06/09/15 07:02 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Boy you guys could have just PM me if you wanted to know what I was saying.

I don't know who the made guys were ,but I was surprised when I herd it also.
I still don't who but I sort of can guess where he would have gotten support.
The two Gambino crews he was close to is a possibility.
Then there is his crew with the Lukes. I am pretty sure he is close to other guys in that family,remember it's all about money.

He was also close to a couple Colombo guys and a third that his father was close with .

Then there is his fathers family ,nobody knows who still holds his father in high regard in Philly .

Hearing what I herd and reading what I read it was easy put a couple of these things together ,if they fit or not .

This may come out and it may be nothing just as it may be something ...

Last edited by Serpiente; 06/09/15 07:11 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: Serpiente] #845221
06/09/15 09:02 AM
06/09/15 09:02 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Boy you guys could have just PM me if you wanted to know what I was saying.

I don't know who the made guys were ,but I was surprised when I herd it also.
I still don't who but I sort of can guess where he would have gotten support.
The two Gambino crews he was close to is a possibility.
Then there is his crew with the Lukes. I am pretty sure he is close to other guys in that family,remember it's all about money.

He was also close to a couple Colombo guys and a third that his father was close with .

Then there is his fathers family ,nobody knows who still holds his father in high regard in Philly .

Hearing what I herd and reading what I read it was easy put a couple of these things together ,if they fit or not .

This may come out and it may be nothing just as it may be something ...

I would figure ANdrew Knapik (Merola) would have been in on it.

He was close with Jr. His money making schemes consisted of stealing power tools from Lowe's lol

No denying Jr. was a monster earner if nothing else.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845246
06/09/15 01:03 PM
06/09/15 01:03 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Lots of money in power tools. I wouldn't be looking to knock over my local Lowe's personally.....but hey gotta earn

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845248
06/09/15 01:10 PM
06/09/15 01:10 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Well money is money , I know a guy became a millionaire in a couple years just on lollipops. Now he's a multimillionaire on lollipops up branched out to Colorado and he's making a killing.....

Last edited by Serpiente; 06/09/15 01:10 PM.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845262
06/09/15 02:40 PM
06/09/15 02:40 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Thanks for the explanation, Serp.

...And boy, there must've not been a lot of Lollipops in Colorado.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845263
06/09/15 02:52 PM
06/09/15 02:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Kinda fuzzy. But scarfo new what time it was. He told his partner sal that when he's in philly he should keep a low profile cause philly didn't recognize or respect scarfo Jr. It was in his trial so how you gonna make that move when you probaly would get beating with bats if your went to a Philly's game. Then there's the whole pernas kid meet Jr. At a highway stop to tell scarfo he's not capo anymore. That was the perna with the bug in his car. But Jr might have been going strait to the boss. He was meeting Vic amuso sin n law up till his bust. So maybe it was to appease the jersey guys who are friendly with merlino so all politics.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: pmac] #845264
06/09/15 03:01 PM
06/09/15 03:01 PM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Or they took Scarfos power to show Amuso who was really in charge. Scarfo was the example that they set.

Originally Posted By: pmac
Kinda fuzzy. But scarfo new what time it was. He told his partner sal that when he's in philly he should keep a low profile cause philly didn't recognize or respect scarfo Jr. It was in his trial so how you gonna make that move when you probaly would get beating with bats if your went to a Philly's game. Then there's the whole pernas kid meet Jr. At a highway stop to tell scarfo he's not capo anymore. That was the perna with the bug in his car. But Jr might have been going strait to the boss. He was meeting Vic amuso sin n law up till his bust. So maybe it was to appease the jersey guys who are friendly with merlino so all politics.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845265
06/09/15 03:03 PM
06/09/15 03:03 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Keep in mind, that Merlino was in jail at the time. Ligambi was acting boss, whom at one point was a loyal Scarfo soldier. The same guys Merlino came up around, Scarfo Jr was also exposed to, they all being friends at one point. The cookie just crumbled the way it did, it was business. I don't find it unlikely that with Merlino out of the picture, some of his most loyal guys would've went along with the opposition, that being Scarfo Jr. It's happened to greater mob bosses, see Vito Rizzuto. Now we're learning that Scarfo Jr was close to more than one NY mob family, and was still thriving in some capacity off of his fathers connections. With some Gambino/Columbo/Lucchese crews, including his own, backing him, and had he gotten the okay, Scarfo Jr. would've never had to step a foot in Philadelphia until everything was all said and done. He could've supervised everything from New Jersey.

And also as we know, a lot of connected people, even in Philadelphia weren't happy with the Merlino administration and found Philadelphia LCN to be a mess. There's really no telling whom in Philadelphia would've sided with Jr.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/09/15 03:07 PM.
Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845268
06/09/15 03:26 PM
06/09/15 03:26 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I don't know that. That he Nicky jr. was just a Amuso guy. I have never posted this.
I visited Nicky jr back in 2004 - 2005 ish on a real big condo job that was a Crea run job.
He had one of those nice ass trailers that they stage" like a real office right on the job site.
And was holding court with all the usual suspects .

I know that don't mean shit , but Crea could have easily put one of his guys there.

Last edited by Serpiente; 06/09/15 03:39 PM.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: NickyWhip] #845270
06/09/15 03:42 PM
06/09/15 03:42 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
Or they took Scarfos power to show Amuso who was really in charge. Scarfo was the example that they set.

Right on Pmac,,, and not just nut job Sal" there was at least one other,

Last edited by Serpiente; 06/09/15 03:48 PM.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845271
06/09/15 04:00 PM
06/09/15 04:00 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Whats the point of running a huge crew that didn't like having such a young capo when there's a lot of older guys in that big jersey crew making loans and gambling and scarfos head is in a huge white collar thing. Can't keep a eye on both. I read Jr was meeting with amuso daughter husband a soldier. Came up in trial. Scarfo was like early 40tys theres guys in there 70tys.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: pmac] #845272
06/09/15 04:10 PM
06/09/15 04:10 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Whats the point of running a huge crew that didn't like having such a young capo when there's a lot of older guys in that big jersey crew making loans and gambling and scarfos head is in a huge white collar thing. Can't keep a eye on both. I read Jr was meeting with amuso daughter husband a soldier. Came up in trial. Scarfo was like early 40tys theres guys in there 70tys.

I think you hit it right on the head. The fact that he was not a NY or North Jersey guy was part of it, or most of it.

But the boss loved his way of making money " and not the rackets he was pinched for.
The ones that he did not" and made the bosses rich .

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: Serpiente] #845274
06/09/15 04:20 PM
06/09/15 04:20 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Anyone know how Scarfo Sr. is doing in terms of physical/mental health? Is he still in good shape? Anyone know when that last picture of him (the one with him shaking hands with the black guy) was actually taken?

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: Ivan] #845282
06/09/15 04:55 PM
06/09/15 04:55 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ivan
Anyone know how Scarfo Sr. is doing in terms of physical/mental health? Is he still in good shape? Anyone know when that last picture of him (the one with him shaking hands with the black guy) was actually taken?

Check your PM

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845681
06/11/15 05:31 PM
06/11/15 05:31 PM
C
Curiosity Offline
Button
Curiosity  Offline
C
Button
Here is a link to a website/forum talking about Scarfo taking over Philly. It is from 2008.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/GangstersInc/index.php?showtopic=858

I know it doesn't reveal much and you can't believe everything you read. But I found it intriguing nonetheless. Saying similar to Serpiente about families going along with Jr.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845693
06/11/15 06:03 PM
06/11/15 06:03 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
There will be a rat ,and all will find out who what and where, and it should be kinda interesting .
Even if I could tell I could not put any pieces together and if names come out even though it's just talk people could get jammed up .
But pretty wild in this day that this was going on at the level it was. Time will tell .

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845710
06/11/15 07:40 PM
06/11/15 07:40 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I always wondered if the tension in the main NJ L players and. scarfo jr was partly from Sr. , tho maybe not growing up in the area was an issue but Scarfo Jr wasn't the first trade in CN

Obviously Amuso wasn't a fan of NJ ( having ok'd to whack every one of them and i wonder if he polluted Scarfo Sr. thoughts .

As those NJ guys were there forever and have always been earners , not sure why they had 2 bosses that despised em all

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DB] #845727
06/11/15 08:22 PM
06/11/15 08:22 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DB
I always wondered if the tension in the main NJ L players and. scarfo jr was partly from Sr. , tho maybe not growing up in the area was an issue but Scarfo Jr wasn't the first trade in CN

Obviously Amuso wasn't a fan of NJ ( having ok'd to whack every one of them and i wonder if he polluted Scarfo Sr. thoughts .

As those NJ guys were there forever and have always been earners , not sure why they had 2 bosses that despised em all

There has to be something to all that. I could never see Nick sr. putting that kind of info on a phone and on paper if it was not life and death situation that jr. had to hear fast. I know the feds only let out what they want the people to hear.

Now Amuso who knows . Now Casso lost it later in life. According to some people that were around him back in the 60's 70's he was a smart and a mover and shaker.
He was real tight with Carmine Persico in the life and out .I also know that they spent many times with there wife's upstate and actually stayed in the same house together.They enjoyed each other company and would do things guys do in a mountain setting.
Now Carmine is no upstanding citizen but he would not bring flat out crazy guys around his wife and kids and nephews and nieces and etc.
Not only were they tight then but also as younger men on the street.
But anyway what was the whack Jersey all about rats ?

Last edited by Serpiente; 06/11/15 08:23 PM.

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845752
06/11/15 09:44 PM
06/11/15 09:44 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Money , not kicking up the portion the boss felt was adequate

Which was the main reason behind most of his hits

He was crazy all right , crazy for money , the bigger the racket the more you had to worry

Re: Nicky Scarfo Jr Sentencing Postponed [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #845812
06/12/15 07:10 AM
06/12/15 07:10 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Got it DB never looked into that , Because you never know the media changes things drastically and so does the feds .

Now the Jersey guys were doing well and holding back as a group or was it one skipper and crew ?
And did Casso ever say how he got the the info about the money they were skimming .

Because a few of those guys were around here a lot.
I have a story about a great night that happened that I never seen before . This was the Jersey Lucchese's Philly guys Nicky's sr. family and a couple Gambino's all the same night all in the same neighborhood,all in the same bar, all in AC in 1983 ...ish

Last edited by Serpiente; 06/12/15 03:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull