GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 318 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: blacksheep] #844219
06/01/15 04:16 PM
06/01/15 04:16 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
It's funny hearing the old wiretaps of gotti talking about how he would rather spend his whole life in jail rather than living like Chin was with his fake mental illness. Welp, he got his wish. Now he is a joke among people who know the mob, but at least a bunch of 14 year old suburban punks have a gotti poster on their wall. I guess that counts for something....

lol gotti was such a joker

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: pizzaboy] #844465
06/03/15 12:28 PM
06/03/15 12:28 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Snakes
Well, he had everyone so fooled that he was nuts he avoided trial for 7 years.

And like I said, he had a livable release date, unlike Gotti. That he died in prison is irelevant.

I don't know about irrelevant. Both died in prison. Not like Gigante died in his own bed or anything.

Not that I am comparing the guys, obviously there is a big gap in leadership ability and smarts.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: Blackjack2121] #844467
06/03/15 01:09 PM
06/03/15 01:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

And like I said, he had a livable release date, unlike Gotti. That he died in prison is irelevant.

I don't know about irrelevant. Both died in prison. Not like Gigante died in his own bed or anything.

Not that I am comparing the guys, obviously there is a big gap in leadership ability and smarts.

Fair enough, but you obviously get my point because of the way you phrased the last sentence of your post.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: pizzaboy] #844483
06/03/15 03:24 PM
06/03/15 03:24 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

Fair enough, but you obviously get my point because of the way you phrased the last sentence of your post.

Yes, I do in the point of he was a much better boss than Gotti. But was pointing out the measuring stick of some people and a boss as dying in their own bed. Not that it is my measuring stick lol.

However, I do give Gotti more credit than most.

Guy did what he had to do(kill or be killed), made the best out of his situation that he could, did what he wanted to do, knew one day he was probably getting life and was willing to accept it. Did his time. Never apologized or cried in court like some guys. Or flip.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: Blackjack2121] #844484
06/03/15 04:09 PM
06/03/15 04:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Guy did what he had to do(kill or be killed), made the best out of his situation that he could, did what he wanted to do, knew one day he was probably getting life and was willing to accept it. Did his time. Never apologized or cried in court like some guys. Or flip.

The guy died for what he believed in, and whether you liked him or not, no one can take that away from him. Ever. But too many of his problems were of his own making. I guess that's as close to a compromise as we'll come on Gotti (and Merlino, too tongue grin ).

You know me. I'm older and cranky, and being so out front the way that brand of street guy is/was (Gotti, Merlino, et al.), just isn't my cup of tea. I grew up in a neighborhood and in an era where there were Skippers who went to their graves completely unrecognized by the Feds and by LE in general. And to me, THAT'S Cosa Nostra.

But you and I are on the same page 90 percent of the time, and you're one of the guys at RD that I can always count on to speak the truth when the occasional bullshit pops up. You're a good guy (but keep in mind that I just drank a bottle and a half of Ruffino Riserva Ducale with dinner lol).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: pizzaboy] #844486
06/03/15 04:52 PM
06/03/15 04:52 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

The guy died for what he believed in, and whether you liked him or not, no one can take that away from him. Ever. But too many of his problems were of his own making. I guess that's as close to a compromise as we'll come on Gotti (and Merlino, too tongue grin ).

You know me. I'm older and cranky, and being so out front the way that brand of street guy is/was (Gotti, Merlino, et al.), just isn't my cup of tea. I grew up in a neighborhood and in an era where there were Skippers who went to their graves completely unrecognized by the Feds and by LE in general. And to me, THAT'S Cosa Nostra.

But you and I are on the same page 90 percent of the time, and you're one of the guys at RD that I can always count on to speak the truth when the occasional bullshit pops up. You're a good guy (but keep in mind that I just drank a bottle and a half of Ruffino Riserva Ducale with dinner lol).

I don't really disagree with any of your Gotti points.

You are right. Going to their graves without being recognized is Cosa Nostra. But has not really been a reasonable possibility for the last what...10-20 years? And especially these days.

Merlino just intrigues the fuck out of me and his personality and attitude about everything is interesting.

And he is a little brighter than he gets credit for. Guy might as well live a little with the feds so far up his ass he can taste brylcreem lol

Ya know PB...YOU'RE A FUNNY GUY whistle

By the way, I was down south for the first time last week, southern GA in Tybee Island.

Beats the hell out of being around Baltimore.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: Blackjack2121] #844487
06/03/15 05:02 PM
06/03/15 05:02 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I can't even imagine what it's like for the poor working guy (just an expression, by "poor" I certainly don't mean financially) trying to get around that town in light of recent events. It's a fucked up situation all the way around.

These riots are going to get worse and more widespread. Murder is up in New York City for the first time in years. There was a Black woman on television yesterday who just lost her son to gun violence BEGGING the Mayor to bring back "stop and frisk." And she was no shill, either. She was hysterical and shaking like a leaf.

What's hysterical is, the very Lily-White hipsters, living here on Mommy and Daddy's dime, who protested recent events with the mock outrage that only the young and naive can muster, will be the first to run away when the crime rate hits the roof again. It will be back to Ohio in a heartbeat. And it's just a matter of time as long as de Blasio is in office.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: pizzaboy] #844488
06/03/15 05:15 PM
06/03/15 05:15 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

I can't even imagine what it's like for the poor working guy (just an expression, by "poor" I certainly don't mean financially) trying to get around that town in light of recent events. It's a fucked up situation all the way around.

These riots are going to get worse and more widespread. Murder is up in New York City for the first time in years. There was a Black woman on television yesterday who just lost her son to gun violence BEGGING the Mayor to bring back "stop and frisk." And she was no shill, either. She was hysterical and shaking like a leaf.

What's hysterical is, the very Lily-White hipsters, living here on Mommy and Daddy's dime, who protested recent events with the mock outrage that only the young and naive can muster, will be the first to run away when the crime rate hits the roof again. It will be back to Ohio in a heartbeat. And it's just a matter of time as long as de Blasio is in office.

Did you see the sick milestone Baltimore reached last month with over 100 shootings and 42 murders? Ridiculous.

And the Police are backing off big time because thats what the people wanted.

So they are going "by the book" and not being proactive. Probably fueling and making things worse.

The son of the guy who started the whole "stop snitchin" campaign(who no surprise is in prison for life) was killed last Sunday in one of the last murders. Shot at a BBQ I believe. They dont give a damn around there.

I had a big work event at the Baltimore Convention Center during that shit that a lot of time and money went into and nobody wanted to come and it was canceled because the venue was not safe.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844489
06/03/15 05:35 PM
06/03/15 05:35 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Nooo, please no politics lol.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: mightyhealthy] #844490
06/03/15 05:41 PM
06/03/15 05:41 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Nooo, please no politics lol.

You're right im a hypocrite because im tired of it myself, but its tough to ignore especially when you live around the thick of it.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844491
06/03/15 05:43 PM
06/03/15 05:43 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
I just like when you guys talk about the mafia more. That's all

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844492
06/03/15 05:52 PM
06/03/15 05:52 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Understandable. It's a mafia board.

Sometimes things get sidetracked.

Back on track. How much can I get for my Gotti vs Chin Bobbleheads on Ebay?

whistle

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844493
06/03/15 05:58 PM
06/03/15 05:58 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Nah don't get me wrong. You and PB are smart people.

But sometimes these things devolve and... bleh.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: mightyhealthy] #844503
06/03/15 06:35 PM
06/03/15 06:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
You and PB are smart people.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844508
06/03/15 08:34 PM
06/03/15 08:34 PM
Westchester
Frankie_Five_Angels Offline
Made Member
Frankie_Five_Angels  Offline
Made Member
Westchester
I think by the time he got to. .. "and I want respect"... he was done for...

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents"..
Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: pizzaboy] #844513
06/03/15 10:48 PM
06/03/15 10:48 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

And it's just a matter of time as long as de Blasio is in office.

In the end you have to blame the people in the city and state. I mean, these are the same idiots who chose Hillary Clinton as their senator for God's sake. The collective IQ of NY must be hovering around 60-65.

(Present company except, of course, PB) wink

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/03/15 10:48 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844528
06/04/15 04:16 AM
06/04/15 04:16 AM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
If you ever want to get real fired up go to gawker.com and read some of their articles. I mean they are pretty open about having a liberal bias but it's still insane. The articles and the comments on there are just out of this world.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844534
06/04/15 05:19 AM
06/04/15 05:19 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
They just disagree with you. Just like 90% of the comments here are conservative and they'd surely think you guys are nuts.

People believe certain things and then surround themselves with information that reinforces those beliefs.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844536
06/04/15 05:34 AM
06/04/15 05:34 AM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
I'm firmly in the middle. By no means am I a right wing nut. I actually think the GOP has their heads up their asses right now and I am pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, etc but still identify as a conservative. Also, I think the right wing news outlets are just as bad.

You don't need to be a right wing nut to see PB's making a good point.

Anyway, back to LCN....

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: mightyhealthy] #844537
06/04/15 05:41 AM
06/04/15 05:41 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
They just disagree with you. Just like 90% of the comments here are conservative and they'd surely think you guys are nuts.

There are clearly more conservatives here lately, but five or ten years ago it was the exact opposite. But 90 percent? That's ridiculous. It's more like 65/35. But like most suburban reared liberals, you see conservative boogeymen everywhere.

People believe certain things and then surround themselves with information that reinforces those beliefs.

That works both ways, and you know it.

All I know is the conservatives on this site call me a liberal and the liberals on this site call me a conservative. And that suits me just fine. It means that I fall somewhere in the middle. Slightly left here, slightly right there. Because in my opinion, the craziest political position you can take in this world is towing the party line straight across the board.

I was a registered Democrat for over thirty years--longer than you've been alive. But I never in my life voted for a candidate just because he or she had a (D) next to their name. I always voted for the person who I thought was the better candidate. And today I'm obviously a very jaded Independent.

And you know I like you a lot, so don't get your panties in a twist tongue grin.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: pizzaboy] #844542
06/04/15 06:06 AM
L
lefty_two_guns Offline
Button
lefty_two_guns  Offline
L
Button
Originally Posted By: lefty_two_guns
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
It's funny hearing the old wiretaps of gotti talking about how he would rather spend his whole life in jail rather than living like Chin was with his fake mental illness. Welp, he got his wish. Now he is a joke among people who know the mob, but at least a bunch of 14 year old suburban punks have a gotti poster on their wall. I guess that counts for something....

can i put this out there i was always a bit concerned why gotti was not killed for taking out a boss he did not have the ok i think, but what if he made a deal that fitted with his ego to become the lighting rod just a thought

What do you mean? He was the real target when Frankie DeCicco got blown up. And if he wasn't tipped by the Feds, the Manna plot probably would have worked.

They plotted to kill him at least twice. The idea that he agreed to be the lightning rod--with his ego, and after at least two attempts on his life--isn't remotely possible.

And that's no offense to you, Lefty. I think you're a quality poster who never makes any trouble here smile.

no worries just seemed a bit funny to me that he did not get got, he couldn't do much worse could he and to leave him there with only 2 attempts. Maybe he didn't agree per se but it must have crossed peoples minds that he it taking all of the heat with that ego and we can leave him alone earn and the government will get him sooner or later. The other bosses must have known the attention he was attracting he must have been at arms length. Pizza let me know what you think or am i overthinking this shit.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844543
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Yeah, PB, 90% was an exaggeration. Who knows what the exact number is?

I also don't vote for Dems, in fact, I can't stand most Dems. Republicans and Dems are remarkably similar save a few issues.

And last thing, yes, surrounding yourself in an echo chamber absolutely works both ways. It's human nature... Facebook, twitter, blogs, they are all going to feed you into similar themed publications. Especially Facebook, which is the worst place for politics to ever exist... right before TV. More importantly, people like to read things that reinforce their beliefs. Even when presented with evidence that contradicts something a person staunchly believes in, they will often ignore it or think of rationalizations of why it doesn't matter.

But, damn it, I wanted to stay away from politics. Guess that was my fault.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: pizzaboy] #844545
06/04/15 06:12 AM
06/04/15 06:12 AM
L
lefty_two_guns Offline
Button
lefty_two_guns  Offline
L
Button

There are clearly more conservatives here lately, but five or ten years ago it was the exact opposite. But 90 percent? That's ridiculous. It's more like 65/35. But like most suburban reared liberals, you see conservative boogeymen everywhere.

That works both ways, and you know it.

All I know is the conservatives on this site call me a liberal and the liberals on this site call me a conservative. And that suits me just fine. It means that I fall somewhere in the middle. Slightly left here, slightly right there. Because in my opinion, the craziest political position you can take in this world is towing the party line straight across the board.

I was a registered Democrat for over thirty years--longer than you've been alive. But I never in my life voted for a candidate just because he or she had a (D) next to their name. I always voted for the person who I thought was the better candidate. And today I'm obviously a very jaded Independent.

And you know I like you a lot, so don't get your panties in a twist tongue grin.

This is me....

"Esta usted en territorio Zapatista en rebeldia. Aqui manda el pueblo y el gobierno obedece" -

You are in Zapatista rebel territory. Here the people give the orders and the government obeys.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: pizzaboy] #844546
06/04/15 06:24 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica

Don't lie, all union workers are told who to vote for. Just kidding. Don't get your thong in a bunch you sexy bitch.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: lefty_two_guns] #844547
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: lefty_two_guns
Pizza let me know what you think or am i overthinking this shit.

You're overthinking it. Gravano's testimony put dozens of guys away, not just Gotti. The government used that slimeball for ten years, right up until he got himself locked up again. That none of the convictions were overturned after the Ecstasy thing boggles the mind.

And you look at poor Frankie LoCascio. The poor bastard is rotting in jail for the past 25 years for sitting on the wrong couch while Gotti rambled on and on just to hear himself talk. They convicted him for saying the occasional "yeah" and "okay" just to appease his egomaniacal boss.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844548
06/04/15 06:36 AM
06/04/15 06:36 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
I mean, the guy was a gangster for 60 years. Let's not act like he was innocent. He might have been unlucky, but not innocent.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: NickyWhip] #844552
06/04/15 06:48 AM
06/04/15 06:48 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: NickyWhip

Don't lie, all union workers are told who to vote for. Just kidding. Don't get your thong in a bunch you sexy bitch.

The Teamsters hierarchy, like all unions, historically backed the Democrats, but the majority of the rank and file voted Republican. No doubt in my mind. And to clarify a bit, I'm talking about the New York Metro area, in an era where most of the rank and file were White men. And let's be brutally honest, your average truck driver back then wasn't the most open-minded guy in the world.

And I am a sexy bitch. Billy Ray Valentine. Capricorn. People will say, "Billy Ray, you're sexy," and not understand my sexuality.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: GaryMartin] #844556
06/04/15 07:17 AM
06/04/15 07:17 AM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
Were the details of the planned hit on Gotti (by Manna) ever revealed? Like who was going to do it, where, etc....

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: baldo] #844559
06/04/15 07:35 AM
06/04/15 07:35 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: baldo
Were the details of the planned hit on Gotti (by Manna) ever revealed? Like who was going to do it, where, etc....

Not that I'm aware of, but if not for that bathroom wiretap I really don't think Gotti sees 1990 (which turned out to be a terrible year for him anyway lol).

I think they would have hit Gotti, Chin backs Jimmy Brown and Danny Marino, and Chin is de facto boss of three of the Five Families (because I think he also would have eventually killed Vic and Gas and backed the Bronx/Harlem faction and installed the Lucchese boss from that crew).

I've heard that was his plan, anyway. It obviously didn't come off, but if true it was typical Chin. Brilliant and long term. Not short sighted in the slightest.

Re: Gigante Arrest 25 yrs. Ago - NY Daily News [Re: pizzaboy] #844569
06/04/15 08:26 AM
06/04/15 08:26 AM
B
BKLYN2NASSAU Offline
Button
BKLYN2NASSAU  Offline
B
Button
Pizza boy have you ever eaten at Ann and Tony's ?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull