GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (thebarber), 317 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,814
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #844033
05/30/15 06:59 PM
05/30/15 06:59 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
All stories indicate that gay members of the LCN did not make their preference known to other member before being made, but only years or decades later. AMATO was allegedly a gay boss, but that is moistly based on his wife's telling members of the crime family about it, but John and her had been fighting constantly when he became acting boss. Joe Diamonds of the bonanno's is the only boss who was most likely gay. Note that some mafia members wore pinky rings, I heard this was so they could identify a gangster who was gay.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #844034
05/30/15 07:13 PM
05/30/15 07:13 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Note that some mafia members wore pinky rings, I heard this was so they could identify a gangster who was gay.

That may have meant something out west. I have no idea, and I couldn't care less. But here in New York? Back in the '60s and '70s, when I was growing up?

If a pinky ring made a wiseguy a queer, then ninety percent of them were taking it up the ass. Because over here it was a status symbol to these guys, like driving a Caddy or wearing Brioni. Fact.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: pizzaboy] #844038
05/30/15 10:26 PM
05/30/15 10:26 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Note that some mafia members wore pinky rings, I heard this was so they could identify a gangster who was gay.

That may have meant something out west. I have no idea, and I couldn't care less. But here in New York? Back in the '60s and '70s, when I was growing up?

If a pinky ring made a wiseguy a queer, then ninety percent of them were taking it up the ass. Because over here it was a status symbol to these guys, like driving a Caddy or wearing Brioni. Fact.

Yeah, I don't think pinky rings had anything to do with being gay. It was just part of "the look," for lack of a better term. Even to the point where it became cliche and was common in mob movies and one of the signs of a mafioso.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: IvyLeague] #844039
05/30/15 10:56 PM
05/30/15 10:56 PM
S
sbhc Offline
Made Member
sbhc  Offline
S
Made Member
Where I live in County Tipperary Ireland they've recently passed fag marriage. I've nothing against batty boys but I don't agree with them having the right to marry, marriage goes back thousands of years and it is a union between a man and a woman and it's main function is to produce children.

Previous to this queers in Ireland had a civil partnership, which gives all the same legal rights as marriage.

It's a sexual deviancy and shouldn't be normalised and accepted in society.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #844096
05/31/15 03:53 PM
05/31/15 03:53 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The pinky ring had to be worn on a certain hand with a certain color stone and certain metal. That was how I heard it, I did not mean to imply that mobsters who wore pinky rings were gay. S.F had a bi-sexual made member and SJ had one gay made member but this did not come up until 30 years after one was made, and the word is that Tony Lanza fought for the bi member in SF to be made in the 1950's, but I doubt any family would make someone who is openly gay in their family.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: sophilly] #844098
05/31/15 04:10 PM
05/31/15 04:10 PM
T
thecooler Offline
Wiseguy
thecooler  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: sophilly
what philly capo???? ive never heard that one

Pat Massi

http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=113324&relPageId=57&search=male_AND%20massi

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #845539
06/11/15 05:23 AM
06/11/15 05:23 AM
N
night_timer Offline
Capo
night_timer  Offline
N
Capo
Those gays are all bullshitters and softies. Drugs are rampant in gay nightclubs and with the drugs and the nightclub ownership comes organized crime.

Travolta was screwing around routinely with Australian actor Hugh Jackman on a movie they were working on together. They were an insatiable and inseparable couple.... but while Travel-a-Lots was keen on Hugh Jackman, he didn't have big enough kahunas to mess with Jack Human: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007656015918

Don't ask me how I know all this stuff, but it's a fact.

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: night_timer] #845628
06/11/15 03:31 PM
06/11/15 03:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: night_timer
Those gays are all bullshitters and softies. Drugs are rampant in gay nightclubs and with the drugs and the nightclub ownership comes organized crime.

Drug addiction in young gay men often stems from the self-hate. It's self-medicating. I pity them. They have to learn to love themselves as they are or they'll never get off the drugs.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: pizzaboy] #845634
06/11/15 03:37 PM
06/11/15 03:37 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Drug addiction in young gay men often stems from the self-hate. It's self-medicating. I pity them. They have to learn to love themselves as they are or they'll never get off the drugs.

I'd imagine being a gay teenager is a very tough thing to do.

In high school, "fa***t" was the most common insult I ever heard. Nasty word. Much less prevalent now than it was even ten years ago, at least in Hollywood. My brother is much younger than me -- I don't hear his friends throwing it around, but they might be more guarded when they see me.

Anyway, though, high school is an awful place. Kids are so fucking mean to each other. Being a homosexual kid... The self hate mostly comes from the hate outside. Just look at how proud gay men are lambasted -- they're called "flamboyantly" gay. The message: keep your gayness to yourself, it isn't normal, you're a freak, etc.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: mightyhealthy] #845690
06/11/15 05:55 PM
06/11/15 05:55 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Over here it seems to be getting easier now for these young homosexuals. I went into this "all girl" store Justice to buy my daughter some clothes specifically dresses and a dude was walking up to me with a name badge. I was thinking to myself what a smart guy...he can pick up on chicks while he works making some cash. Then, the guy opened his mouth to ask me if I needed help and I stood there with my mouth open. This guy is gay. Very over the top gay wailing his arms in the air and putting his hand on his hip. I thought I was going to puke cuz I honestly can't accept it at such a young age and I may need to work on that hang up of mine if I want to shop there. He was extremely confident and happy.
Years ago that guy would get beat up for working in an all girl store or even in the ladies or girls department. You just couldn't do something like that. How times have changed.
Macy's has some over the top teen gays working there also. I've encountered a few in the girls department. Oh my, what a darling little gray sweater! This just came in! Then from there I got a coffee at Cinnabon and I asked the gay teen if he could mix two different coffees for me cuz I don't want all flavor but just a hint. He went crazy again I witness the flailing of the arms all over the place. He thought that was the best idea EVER to mix them up.
These gay teens I encountered were all very happy and seemed confident. Good for them.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #846084
06/14/15 05:02 AM
06/14/15 05:02 AM
J
JR19 Offline
Wiseguy
JR19  Offline
J
Wiseguy
I think the issue boils down to a fact that has been discussed ad nauseum on this board--mobsters are regular guys. Granted, they're (mostly) from traditional neighborhoods, but the guys who grew up watching television shows with sympathetic gay characters and have seen gay guys basically accepted in New York society will one day be making the decisions about who gets their button. I don't think it's around the corner, but if the mob is still around 30-40 years from now, I would bet on them making some gays.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #846093
06/14/15 08:26 AM
06/14/15 08:26 AM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
AMATO was allegedly a gay boss, but that is moistly based on his wife's telling members of the crime family about it, but John and her had been fighting constantly when he became acting boss.

I don't know. Was D'Amato really gay, or was that something they made up to "justify" killing him? It doesn't really matter, but I don't think you can kill a boss, so they had to come up with some excuse. Not that that justifies killing him, of course.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #846094
06/14/15 08:33 AM
06/14/15 08:33 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
he was acting, not boss.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #847330
06/22/15 11:55 AM
06/22/15 11:55 AM
N
night_timer Offline
Capo
night_timer  Offline
N
Capo
'Individuation' by the average, independent self-realizing gay boy, becoming confident within their own skin, has nothing to do with this topic or this forum....

who read the book written by Sam Giancana's brother....

was Tommy Bilotti truly fuckin' useless...

Is it true that legendary ladies man Jack Human is 'the fuck champion'....

Who - or what - is "The Moriah Conquering Wind"....

(Learn about that last bit, especially!) ;-)

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: sbhc] #847383
06/22/15 06:42 PM
06/22/15 06:42 PM
M
mbo Offline
Made Member
mbo  Offline
M
Made Member
I never really got the whole "its unatural and deviant" argument. The logic is, that because it has no biological purpose, it is not natural. Well by that logic masturbation, hand jobs, blowjobs and condoms are also not natural. Which would make every single heterosexual man unnatural.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #847391
06/22/15 08:05 PM
06/22/15 08:05 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
While we were talking about pinky rings, does anyone else recall the Saturday night comedy routine where Joe Pesci went to the pinky ring store trying to find the perfect pinky ring. That was about the funniest routine I ever saw.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #847540
06/23/15 06:50 PM
06/23/15 06:50 PM
NE1020 Offline
Made Member
NE1020  Offline
Made Member
Whats the attitude towards wiseguys who fool around with other prisoners when they're inside? Is it ignored or can it cause some trouble?

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: NE1020] #847557
06/23/15 08:16 PM
06/23/15 08:16 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: NE1020
Whats the attitude towards wiseguys who fool around with other prisoners when they're inside? Is it ignored or can it cause some trouble?
Big no-no.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: yigido] #847601
06/24/15 06:48 AM
06/24/15 06:48 AM
N
night_timer Offline
Capo
night_timer  Offline
N
Capo
Originally Posted By: yigido
Big no-no.

... especially if you're gay!

There is not thirteen families - there is only seven now, and they can far overcome the five LCN families of NYC. Time to change your tune.... ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPf3rn1bBKo[/i][i]

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: night_timer] #847602
06/24/15 06:55 AM
06/24/15 06:55 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: yigido
Big no-no.

... especially if you're gay!

There is not thirteen families - there is only seven now, and they can far overcome the five LCN families of NYC. Time to change your tune.... ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPf3rn1bBKo[/i][i]
confused

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #886227
06/25/16 10:48 AM
06/25/16 10:48 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Quote:
In the second half of the 20th century, New York City saw a boom in organized crime, with New York and New Jersey at the epicenter of mob rule in the US. Meanwhile, the gay scene had exploded.

The Mafia—which had a stranglehold on nightlife since the end of Prohibition—spotted a gap in the market. There was a whole new audience who wanted to go to a bar or nightclub to experience the then luxury of being among other gay people. In the aftermath of Prohibition, a new underground scene developed, and naturally the Mafia wanted in on the action. What followed was years of pimping, financial exploitation, the NYPD completely ignoring the LGBT community's concerns, and gossipy FBI files speculating about certain mobsters' sexualities.

Phillip Crawford Jr., author of the book The Mafia and the Gays, argues that the Mafia were much more than proprietors of illegal nightspots; he says that they are in fact an intrinsic part of the LGBT movement, sparking the Stonewall riots and enabling the gay community to thrive. VICE called him up to talk about all that.

VICE: Hi, Phillip. When did the link between the gay community and the Mafia begin?

Phillip Crawford Jr: The Mafia was behind many speakeasies in the big cities, such as Chicago and New York, during Prohibition. After Prohibition was repealed, state agencies regulated bars with vague standards against disorderly premises and moral indecency, which were interpreted to prohibit serving gays. Accordingly, the Mafia took its experience with speakeasies and used it to operate gay bars, which involved paying off the police departments and liquor authorities charged with enforcing these discriminatory laws.

It seems like an unusual fusion...

Well, the Mafia didn't much care about enforcing societal mores or respecting government rules. Ernest Sgroi Sr, one of the principal fronts for gay bars controlled by mob boss Vito Genovese in Greenwich Village, obtained his first liquor license right after the repeal of Prohibition. He was involved with some of the most popular gay bars during the post-war years, including the Bon Soir and the Lion, which started off as nightclubs with live entertainment attracting both straight and gay patrons but ultimately became predominantly gay bars. The Lion was where Barbra Streisand made her first public singing performance in 1960.

So do you think the Mafia exploited the gay community purely for their own financial ends?

The Mafia controlled most gay bars due to their illegal status, and extracted a monetary premium from the gay community. This recognized both the legal risk the Mob was taking and the near-monopoly status it enjoyed. After all, where else were gay folks going to meet? There were often high cover charges and minimum drink requirements. Moreover, gay men were at risk of blackmail from their Mob overlords. The Mob's exploitation of the gay community was among the reasons for the 1969 protests outside the Stonewall Inn. Indeed, after the Stonewall protests, once of the principal goals of the activist groups such as Gay Activists Alliance and Gay Liberation Front was to get organized crime out of the gay bars.

Did anything change?

Unfortunately, the LGBT community's complaints about gay bars operating under the Mafia's thumb continued to be ignored for years by law enforcement and public officials. With the liberation movement, gay bars became cash cows for New York's Mafia families.

Your book says the Mafia pimped out gay men, too...

The gay bars were part of the vice rackets, and that also included the flesh trade. For example, Ed "the Skull" Murphy, a former pro wrestler who became a gay bar bouncer, had a proclivity for young boys, and he pimped them out through bars at which he worked. New York law enforcement investigated the mob's role in running gay bars and pimping underage boys pursuant to Operation Together in the mid 1970s but according to Assistant District Attorney Paul Flaxman "top brass" shut it down right before the indictment stage because it implicated powerful people in politics, business, and society.

Was that activity just confined to the Mafia?

I spoke with a now-retired detective who worked undercover vice on Operation Together, and he mentioned a couple of household names from the entertainment field who allegedly were involved with the jail bait. Moreover, the Mafia was also behind many of the hustler bars. For example, Matty Ianniello, the Genovese capo who controlled much of New York's gay nightlife, was behind the Hay Market in Times Square where generous men could find some young company.

Does it seem strange given the stereotypical homophobic image of the Mob that they would get so closely involved with the gay scene?

Most mobsters are sociopaths only interested in making money, and their entire lives are about trafficking drugs, producing pornography, making bets, or whacking rivals. Running gay bars is a relatively minor break! Sure, many mobsters had a homophobic bent and often expressed their contempt for gay patrons, but generally there was a benign tolerance for the LGBT community based on financial interests, and they separated their personal lives from business affairs.

Did some Mafia members get involved in the gay scene in any meaningful way?

From the Mob's earliest days to the present time there have been many gay wise guys, although they operate on the down low. For example, David Petillo was "reputed to be a 'fairy'" according to FBI documents. In 1936 the 18-year-old Petillo was busted with Lucky Luciano for running female brothels, and after he got out of prison in 1956 became a Genovese soldier involved with gay bars and the smut trade into the 1970s. DeCavalcante boss John D'Amato was whacked in 1992 for being gay, and his killer Anthony Capo said in court: "Nobody's going to respect us if we have a gay homosexual boss sitting down discussing La Cosa Nostra business." More recently, Robert Mormando, a onetime Gambino hitman, came out of the closet in 2009 after entering the witness protection program.

How long did the connection between the gay scene and the Mafia go on for? Is it finished now?

There's some evidence to suggest that the Genovese and Gambino families still may have a hidden hand in some establishments. However, most gay bars today are run by legitimate business interests. The near-monopoly by the Mafia over gay bars was broken in the mid 80s when federal prosecutors aggressively targeted New York's crime families on multiple fronts, which included convictions against Matty Ianniello and several of his associates for skimming cash out of several of his Times Square gay bars and strip clubs to avoid income taxes.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/how-the-mafia-once-controlled-the-new-york-gay-scene-616

I thought Davie Petillo looked like a fairy!

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #886228
06/25/16 10:52 AM
06/25/16 10:52 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Quote:
The Stonewall Inn seems to have had more than the usual number of gay mobsters. According to historian Martin Duberman, a gangster-bouncer named "Petey," who worked various gay clubs, including the Stonewall, "had a thick Italian street accent, acted 'dumb,' and favored black shirts and ties." He was "the very picture of a Mafia mobster -- except for his habit of falling for patrons and coworkers." Petey was especially fond of an Italian drag queen named Desiree who frequented the Stonewall.

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_of_ours/joseph-scudiero/

lol

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #886229
06/25/16 11:05 AM
06/25/16 11:05 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

This Scudiero guy again.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20021109/News/311099995

What family was he affiliated with?

Gaymbino? Gaynovese? Lugayse?

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #886254
06/26/16 01:55 AM
06/26/16 01:55 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'm going to guess that there were, and are, a lot of gay men in the mafia, made or otherwise. It's silly to try to figure out who is based on what they look like or how they act, and it only perpetuates stereotypes, which is counterproductive to civilization. I'm going to defer to the sociological studies on the topic and go with the approximate 25% number that they apply to the rest of society. 1 in 4 in everyday life are gay, then as far as I'm concerned 1 in 4 in the mob are gay, too. Just because they can never act out on it doesn't mean they aren't. Some are in the closet. Some have never had any sexual relationship whatsoever with a man. But the biology is there, even if they're living a lie, to survive in a world where homosexuality is forbidden.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Moe_Tilden] #886255
06/26/16 02:12 AM
06/26/16 02:12 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
This Scudiero guy again.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20021109/News/311099995

What family was he affiliated with?

Gaymbino? Gaynovese? Lugayse?

No straight man would ever wear that 'Chicago outfit'!

Oh, and the "drag"-nas out in La-La land, J. Edgar Hoover's favorite family.

I'm joking, of course.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Moe_Tilden] #886280
06/26/16 02:14 PM
06/26/16 02:14 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Lugayse?

lol

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: OakAsFan] #886281
06/26/16 02:17 PM
06/26/16 02:17 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
I'm going to defer to the sociological studies on the topic and go with the approximate 25% number that they apply to the rest of society. 1 in 4 in everyday life are gay, then as far as I'm concerned 1 in 4 in the mob are gay, too.

The mafia and gay people aside, do you really think that's how statistics/demographics work?

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Ted] #886282
06/26/16 02:58 PM
06/26/16 02:58 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ted
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
I'm going to defer to the sociological studies on the topic and go with the approximate 25% number that they apply to the rest of society. 1 in 4 in everyday life are gay, then as far as I'm concerned 1 in 4 in the mob are gay, too.

The mafia and gay people aside, do you really think that's how statistics/demographics work?

I said I'm deferring to it, not that it's fact. Let me simply state, based on the information I've read through the years, from medical experts, science experts, sociological experts and spiritual experts, I believe that a quarter of this world is gay. It's something I truly believe. And since the mafia is in this world, I have no reason to believe that they're exempt from it, despite the homophobia which surrounds the mob culture.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #886297
06/26/16 06:48 PM
06/26/16 06:48 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
OakAsFan likes to make up his own statistics. The definite sex study was published in 1994 as "The Social Organization of Sexuality" in the academic press and "Sex in America: A Definitive Survey," both by Edward Laumann, John Gagnon, Robert Michael and Stuart Michaels, and published by the University of Chicago Press. Based on the most extensive surveys ever done, they found that 1.4% of females identified as lesbian or bisexual and 2.8% of males identified as gay or bisexual. The prior figure bandied around was 10%. There has never, I repeat NEVER been a claim by any group for a 25% figure. That's Fantasyland insanity.

http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/S/bo3626005.html

It should be noted that a British survey found 6.1% for males and 3.4% for females in the UK, indicating regional differences, but neither approaches 10% and none come close to 1 in 4.

Re: The mafia and the gays [Re: Scorsese] #886316
06/27/16 03:04 AM
06/27/16 03:04 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
My point was that you can't take a statistic like "10% or 25% of people are gay" and apply it to any subgroup of a population. With that silly logic you can say "1% of the country is Muslim, therefore 1% of Mafia members are Muslim." Which is of course ridiculous.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull