GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 87 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,158
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,809
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843676
05/27/15 06:39 AM
05/27/15 06:39 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I don't know about that ,but one never knows.

But if they are doing work and being held back from a button, I would think that if that is there ambition in life that they may be looking else where they could be desperately needed.

I would think that a few of the families could use some new good blood that want to keep there mouth shut..

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843681
05/27/15 07:19 AM
05/27/15 07:19 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I'm sure Sammartino has things going on , that area is very lucrative and corrupt with bookies everywhere . He lived in my area so I know him from a point out standpoint

But still their JV to another family

In northern NJ the big construction and garbage is still mostly Italian owned so whoever moved out there first is doing well with a lot less heat. Monster construction in my area right now ( right outside NYC ) and it's basically being done by 1 guy , Italian

Many 2nd generation NYC Italians moved out this way so I guess the smart ones followed the business so to speak

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843692
05/27/15 08:20 AM
05/27/15 08:20 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Not for nothing ! But I have seen what they call mob free and fair to all,and it is worse then when it was a little of both .

I have always said everything" in moderation " well almost everything" .

And I have also seen what a totally legit government has done .
It needs to be a little of each,to keep all semi honest .

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843695
05/27/15 08:39 AM
05/27/15 08:39 AM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
I imagine Devita viewed the order as an insult to him considering he was born in Sicily, interesting about Barbato - I thought he was a major player still. Anybody remember this clown Frank DiMattina? He was supposed to be a member of Barbato's crew so I thought he was still active -

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ma...rticle-1.975429

I wonder if there is any animosity between the NJ skippers and the NJ conduit to the administration in the Bronx.

Interesting to note if you recall the recent DeCavalcante bust this year the elder Stagno claimed they were under the Gambinos, they were in Toms River area as well.. I wonder if those idiot DeCavalcante guys were answering to the Gambino zip relatives everyones been talking about

If so, another smart/perceptive move by the Westside.

Great/informative thread here. Hope to see more threads like this in the near future.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Shamm11375] #843699
05/27/15 08:52 AM
05/27/15 08:52 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Shamm11375
Wikipedia and stuff will lead you to believe that everybody in jersey kinda answered to Tino Fiumara when he was alive, especially after the Chin passed away. Was that true? Or just internet fodder?

Tino did A LOT of time. And when he came home, Prisco was kinda running things. But not the "day-to-day." Angelo was more of a conduit between New York and New Jersey. That's where the Feds got it wrong (and I don't care what any press release or FBI file says, they ain't telling me ANYTHING about Angelo Prisco).

The entire time the stupid Feds had Angelo in charge of the Jersey faction, he was still operating out of his headquarters in Westchester Square here in the Bronx, and spending his spare time down in Florida. They left Jersey to Jersey. Angelo was more of a "go-between" than anything else.

I'd say that Angelo equaled Tino in overall power, but in a different area (obviously in the Bronx, Westchester and 116th--when 116th was still 116th wink ). But when Tino came home after that fifteen-year bid, he was the top guy out there--except for when he was away on violations lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: moneyman] #843701
05/27/15 09:04 AM
05/27/15 09:04 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: moneyman
I wonder if there is any animosity between the NJ skippers and the NJ conduit to the administration in the Bronx.

Nope. I talked about this at length recently, so I'll keep it short. QD is pretty much retired. But he still has some trucking interests and an old shy book in North Jersey. And one of the top guys in that faction is like a son to him. Plus, you have a ton of old Bronx and Harlem guys living in Jersey and operating out of New York.

That's done for a reason. It keeps everybody happy. They're not like the other families. After the Costello-Genovese clusterfuck, there has been less infighting within the Genovese family than any other family. And that's one of the main reasons they're still at the top.

As far as Silvio being "insulted," I suppose he could have just told Vince to go fuck himself after Andy Gerardo died. But he probably would have woke up dead the next day.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843702
05/27/15 09:18 AM
05/27/15 09:18 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Funny

A guy under Devita control in late 90s built 2 condos I have

They were all fucked up , cost me $20k each to get everything good including the heat / cooling where they can really cheap out on systems , windows , insulation , siding etc plus messes up concrete work

We had to sue them but they went BK and it was settled for a fraction of mess ups

Bastards, lol , but then again the places look great now

I use polish guys now , they may smoke a lot but do good work for a fraction of most other smaller sub contractors . We call em the polish mafia lol , but they are good

Last edited by DB; 05/27/15 09:19 AM.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: DB] #843725
05/27/15 01:42 PM
05/27/15 01:42 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted By: DB
I'm sure Sammartino has things going on , that area is very lucrative and corrupt with bookies everywhere . He lived in my area so I know him from a point out standpoint

But still their JV to another family

In northern NJ the big construction and garbage is still mostly Italian owned so whoever moved out there first is doing well with a lot less heat. Monster construction in my area right now ( right outside NYC ) and it's basically being done by 1 guy , Italian

Many 2nd generation NYC Italians moved out this way so I guess the smart ones followed the business so to speak

I'm guessing your talking about the Bayonne area or the Marion section of Jersey City? I got off the PATH train at Journal Square a few years ago, coming home from work. Didn't look very nice. But I had a few friends from Bayonne while I was working in Perth Amboy. I was told Bayonne was still livable.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: pizzaboy] #843735
05/27/15 04:00 PM
05/27/15 04:00 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Though we haven't seen any official word on it yet, I remember Skinny saying that crew was divided up between Silvio DeVita and Dominick Cirillo. Does that match up with what you've heard, PB, or it is something different?

That's about right, Ivy. But like I said, Danny Pagano had basically become Dom's physical presence on the street. And now that Danny's away, someone else from the Bronx is running that portion of that crew, and DeVita is obviously running the other portion.

Originally Posted By: bronx
dom is a great guy, close to chin forever..no rumor i have heard dom lost his position or creds. maybe its not for the world to know..

I've been telling people here for at least two or three years that he's reigned it in quite a bit. But a lot of people have a hard time believing that these guys retire (or at least semi-retire).

Dom's never at the place by the Pelham Bay station anymore, yet the guy from North Jersey/Rockland is there constantly. And he's not making that commute for nothing. You do the math wink.

Last edited by cheech; 05/27/15 04:02 PM.

When Interpol?
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: pizzaboy] #843741
05/27/15 04:22 PM
05/27/15 04:22 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I believe you on Prisco for sure PB

Whether it him or Tino, more likely Prisco as Tino was inside a lot but they oversaw a great gambling expansion into S NJ and even some philly I bieve when that area had a bigger priority list. Very smart and lucrative business moves that is fair game and even today not much LE paying attention to that area , especially gaming which made millions , huge book and wouldn't be surprised if that was parlayed into other traditionals. All speculation on my part tho, but I do know Sandy wasn't terrible for everyone as bad as that is

I also fully believe you about QD as you set me straight on that one as I thought differently , but still that's a good guy to have around for sound advice here and there . Come to think of it they have a bunch of those guys , schooling kids the right way which today is invaluable IMO

Last edited by DB; 05/27/15 04:39 PM.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Flushing] #843742
05/27/15 04:35 PM
05/27/15 04:35 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Most of Bayonne is more than live able , that one area of projects is pretty bad but they also have somewhat recently been building luxury tow homes . Still generally a blue collar town , have lots of friends that grew up and live there and they are all successful white collar people

JC is even worse as far extremes , some is horrible and that Marion project area is terrible ( the one with the sign that says drugs are illegal lol) but some parts of JC are the most expensive in the USA with huge corporate HQs there . That city has and continues to change rapidly

I'm not from either of those places but they have always been strong money making places and honestly nobody really cares about gambling or who is building new properties that generate money or who is doing the trash and recyclables etc. sure a few busts here and there but gerbetly biz as usual . Shoot even dare cops sold drugs there and it barely made a ripple news wise .

Each town is also pretty corrupt , again no one really cares , it's just part of the culture and not just Italians making a living

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843743
05/27/15 04:40 PM
05/27/15 04:40 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Db rigt about the polish smokers. After a big family meal theyll all be on the porch well im sitting alone in my girls house its like they live in the 80tys.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: cheech] #843746
05/27/15 04:45 PM
05/27/15 04:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cheech
Though we haven't seen any official word on it yet, I remember Skinny saying that crew was divided up between Silvio DeVita and Dominick Cirillo. Does that match up with what you've heard, PB, or it is something different?

That's about right, Ivy. But like I said, Danny Pagano had basically become Dom's physical presence on the street. And now that Danny's away, someone else from the Bronx is running that portion of that crew, and DeVita is obviously running the other portion.

Originally Posted By: bronx
dom is a great guy, close to chin forever..no rumor i have heard dom lost his position or creds. maybe its not for the world to know..

I've been telling people here for at least two or three years that he's reigned it in quite a bit. But a lot of people have a hard time believing that these guys retire (or at least semi-retire).

Dom's never at the place by the Pelham Bay station anymore, yet the guy from North Jersey/Rockland is there constantly. And he's not making that commute for nothing. You do the math wink.

Wow, did I really make both of those posts that far apart?

Go ask Ed Leiber and my other critics over there if I can Google the future. I think Ed has ten usernames over there. On his own site. And my old buddy Cornuto Faggutto has the other ten.

The sickest people on these sites are the guys who envy knowledge. It drives them fucking crazy.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843748
05/27/15 04:52 PM
05/27/15 04:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Did the old guy dentico pasz yet hes got to be about 90+. jersey Guy i read went to the massino peter gotti meeting. I wish it came out in some 302 by either vitale or massino. Could you imagine the disscusions. Peter gotti massino cop killer waverly dentico and whoever came for amuso. It did come out peter gotti wanted to know were the bonannos were getting all there recruits. But i wonder why the westside went and how the invite happend and what was thers beef.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843787
05/28/15 05:19 AM
05/28/15 05:19 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Bayonne is a mere shadow of its former self. Used to be italian and polish. Lots of garbage moved into bayonne over the years though. Bayonne is almost an extension of brooklyn, very similar is certain ways.
If you drive through bayonne, you will notice a lot of empty stores that closed down. Its kind of depressing.
Its strange, its almost as if the city is it a stand still and waiting for that next big building boom that will turn it into the new hoboken or jersey city since its right on the water.

Last edited by Belmont; 05/28/15 05:20 AM.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843800
05/28/15 07:44 AM
05/28/15 07:44 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
That's an accurate statement Belmont

Especially the polish , all my Bayonne friends are polish lol

They have been trying with those townhouses and golf course etc

Just went to their st paddys parade and it was pretty good

All they need is a direct ferry , my guess is it blows up abit at some time

Everything with fast access to Manhatten eventually has its day . What happened on JC waterfront is near amazing

But still bayonne has alot of prideful people

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843802
05/28/15 07:49 AM
05/28/15 07:49 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
I did a lot of work on the JC waterfront, around the exchange place PATH tunnel. Bayonne has to hold on and it will come around.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843805
05/28/15 07:58 AM
05/28/15 07:58 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Nice work Nicky , that area is gorgeous now

That and Hoboken are almost like the 6th borough lol

But I agree , it will hit them . If the town was smart they would invest in a near free

Direct ferry to downtown and the midtown .

I live by Harrison which was a total shithole but that Wall Street access

Blew it up . And that developer was Italian

There is a rumor that where I live might get a new train station , fingers crossed

As I've invested here and again it's that same Italian builder who has basically only been building around areas with NYC trains . You can still get good deals too so I'm looking as things seem to be changing quickly

Last edited by DB; 05/28/15 07:59 AM.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: pmac] #843807
05/28/15 08:33 AM
05/28/15 08:33 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Originally Posted By: pmac
Did the old guy dentico pasz yet hes got to be about 90+. jersey Guy i read went to the massino peter gotti meeting. I wish it came out in some 302 by either vitale or massino. Could you imagine the disscusions. Peter gotti massino cop killer waverly dentico and whoever came for amuso. It did come out peter gotti wanted to know were the bonannos were getting all there recruits. But i wonder why the westside went and how the invite happend and what was thers beef.
Louie bagels daidone represented the lucchese family at the meeting

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: domwoods74] #843812
05/28/15 10:51 AM
05/28/15 10:51 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

Among the topics of discussion were whether to disband the Colombo family and merge it with the others. Besides being entirely impractical, they decided it would be disrespectful to Carmine Persico. There was also a push by the others for John Gotti to step down as boss. Peter Gotti defended his brother and came back with, "Why doesn't Chin step down then?" The answer was that Chin was expected to get out one day while Gotti never would.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: IvyLeague] #843815
05/28/15 11:43 AM
05/28/15 11:43 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
[quote=pmac]Did the old guy dentico pasz yet hes got to be about 90+. jersey Guy i read went to the massino peter gotti meeting. I wish it came out in some 302 by either vitale or massino. Could you imagine the disscusions. Peter gotti massino cop killer waverly dentico and whoever came for amuso. It did come out peter gotti wanted to know were the bonannos were getting all there recruits. But i wonder why the westside went and how the invite happend and what was thers beef.
Louie bagels daidone represented the lucchese family at the meeting [/quot

Among the topics of discussion were whether to disband the Colombo family and merge it with the others. Besides being entirely impractical, they decided it would be disrespectful to Carmine Persico. There was also a push by the others for John Gotti to step down as boss. Peter Gotti defended his brother and came back with, "Why doesn't Chin step down then?" The answer was that Chin was expected to get out one day while Gotti never would.

I wonder hat they think now? RE: disbanding the Colombos.

But back to Bayonne, I always asked my coworkers who lived there about growing up in Bayonne and what it was like. They are totally legit and hardworking now but some had street history. One of the guys was talking about doing insurance jobs on cars and sending the cars off the pier into Newark Bay. I am sure that they were aligned with someone at the time.

Last edited by Flushing; 05/28/15 11:44 AM.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843820
05/28/15 01:12 PM
05/28/15 01:12 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Bayonne is a city so definately a lot of street crimes

Like I said they had a dare cops busted for selling drugs ( E)

Big gambling town so pretty lucrative for the streets

Man those car scams are legendary . I had 1 friend that had a tow company ,

Anything borderline and it was towed and then disappeared .

Now the scam is predator towing to the point of coming out with laws to stop it

In NJ at least , that towing thing started with a JC company / crew

Last edited by DB; 05/28/15 01:13 PM.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843822
05/28/15 01:17 PM
05/28/15 01:17 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
DB people that did not grow up in it really say wow !
Guy that grew up here or NY never gave it a second thought.
I forgot more then I remember ....

Dam shame..

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843828
05/28/15 01:46 PM
05/28/15 01:46 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
When my Grandfather immigrated from Italy he settled in Bayonne. Bayonne's problem is that from some areas it can take you 45 mins to get into the city when it's right freakin' there on the Hudson River!! The next area I also see gentrifying is downtown Newark around the Prudential Center, I would buy a condo/loft around there in a second as an investment and at the very least you always will have a rental demographic with the colleges and Seton Hall Law right there. Wish I had extra coin....

Last edited by DanteMoltisanti; 05/28/15 01:47 PM.
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: DB] #843836
05/28/15 04:46 PM
05/28/15 04:46 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted By: DB
Bayonne is a city so definately a lot of street crimes

Like I said they had a dare cops busted for selling drugs ( E)

Big gambling town so pretty lucrative for the streets

Man those car scams are legendary . I had 1 friend that had a tow company ,

Anything borderline and it was towed and then disappeared .

Now the scam is predator towing to the point of coming out with laws to stop it

In NJ at least , that towing thing started with a JC company / crew

Thanks for the info, DB. Love hearing about neighborhood stuff. Predatory towing is HUGE in Queens right now.

As for Newark, Dante, I can definitely see downtown Newark gentrifying. Very convenient, cheap and historic: a hipsters dream. I was in ironbound recently to pick up a TWIC card for work. Ferry street is great.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: IvyLeague] #843837
05/28/15 05:06 PM
05/28/15 05:06 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Ivy, was that in Massino's testimony? Is it online?

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843838
05/28/15 05:08 PM
05/28/15 05:08 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
The commission were wise not to disband the Colombo's, even in the early 2000's after the war, the Colombo's had a ton of hitters.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Extortion] #843839
05/28/15 05:11 PM
05/28/15 05:11 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Extortion
Originally Posted By: Extortion
whats matthew madonna up to? hes an interesting character.

A lot, apparently, as he was indicted in major Lucchese busts in 2007 and 2009, as well as reported to be acting/street boss last year. But he is NY based.

No, I mean after that. I know his lawyers keep delaying the trial but its been like 8 years lol

According to Gangland, he's pleaded guilty in the 2009 case. He'll receive between one and three years when sentenced.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Ted] #843845
05/28/15 05:40 PM
05/28/15 05:40 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Ted
According to Gangland, he's pleaded guilty in the 2009 case. He'll receive between one and three years when sentenced.

They're looking for concurrent time on the other charges.

I know I've posted it here before, but I feel bad for the guys on the bottom of the indictment. A couple of them are just part-time bookmakers with full-time working-stiff jobs. And they STILL haven't wrapped up their cases because they have no choice in the matter.

Frozen assets and the whole nine yards for over five years now, just because their guy was with this guy, and this guy was with that guy, and straight to the top. These multi-count indictments where they grab forty guys at a time are bullshit.

It should be illegal. But the Feds know that when they grab forty guys at a time, that they'll usually find a weak link somewhere near the bottom of the indictment. And if they get lucky, sometimes near the top.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) [Re: Stripes] #843846
05/28/15 05:49 PM
05/28/15 05:49 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
In your opinion is Neil Migliore retired or still active? How is it he was never indicted in all those years since the 80s, while almost every other high-ranking family member had or still has legal problems? Even Steven Crea served jail time.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull