GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TheKillingJoke), 166 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,558
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
whitey Bulger while on the lam #842501
05/19/15 05:19 AM
05/19/15 05:19 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
When the feds found whitey, he had an arsenal of weapons and close to a million in cash. He was running for more than a decade living far from Boston. So my question is, how did he keep the money rolling in all this time? He must have kept in touch with the guys in Boston. Anyone know who his contacts were and how he kept all that money coming in? I'm thinking it would be tough for him to collect tributes from his guys with no real threat from him coming to boston and killing them, and he was too hot to get seriously involved in the streets, so I'm lost...

Make that coffee to go
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842515
05/19/15 06:34 AM
05/19/15 06:34 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
When the feds found whitey, he had an arsenal of weapons and close to a million in cash. He was running for more than a decade living far from Boston. So my question is, how did he keep the money rolling in all this time? He must have kept in touch with the guys in Boston. Anyone know who his contacts were and how he kept all that money coming in? I'm thinking it would be tough for him to collect tributes from his guys with no real threat from him coming to boston and killing them, and he was too hot to get seriously involved in the streets, so I'm lost...

I dont know the true story behind this but the tv show Ray Donovan has has a character in the show based on this and shows how he gets money, its a great tv show and the part similar to whitey bulger could really be believable to what you are asking

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: merlino] #842519
05/19/15 06:41 AM
05/19/15 06:41 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: merlino

I dont know the true story behind this but the tv show Ray Donovan has has a character in the show based on this and shows how he gets money, its a great tv show and the part similar to whitey bulger could really be believable to what you are asking

I hope this is sarcasm.

Yeah, I am sure Whitey got money on the lam by being a fixer on the west coast.

rolleyes

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842521
05/19/15 06:45 AM
05/19/15 06:45 AM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Not much to be confused about. The guy ran most of the city for decades, extorted everyone and was really never even that flashy. I'm sure he had millions stashed to last him through his time on the lam. All Whiteys old guys always say how he always talked about being prepared to go on the lam and I think he really meant it. The guy had like dozens of identities and even enrolled them in clubs and shit to flesh out their characters. From the day Whitey finished his federal bid in the 60's he was determined never to go back, so I'm sure he saved plenty. Although he said he went back to Boston a couple times while he was on the run I think he definitely had enough cash to last the rest of his life.

If he was getting money from anyone, it was probably his brother Billy.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842522
05/19/15 06:46 AM
05/19/15 06:46 AM
CleanBandit Offline
Capo
CleanBandit  Offline
Capo
I believe merlino referred to Sully Sullivan, a Boston gangster who was on the FBI top 10 most wanted list.

In the show, Sully lived with his girlfriend and his mother, while the word around town was that Sully died years ago. In the meantime, he had his people collect for him and whatnot.

But Ray Donovan's a TV show. As for the true story, I really have no idea.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: RollinBones] #842529
05/19/15 07:23 AM
05/19/15 07:23 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
Originally Posted By: RollinBones
Not much to be confused about. The guy ran most of the city for decades, extorted everyone and was really never even that flashy. I'm sure he had millions stashed to last him through his time on the lam. All Whiteys old guys always say how he always talked about being prepared to go on the lam and I think he really meant it. The guy had like dozens of identities and even enrolled them in clubs and shit to flesh out their characters. From the day Whitey finished his federal bid in the 60's he was determined never to go back, so I'm sure he saved plenty. Although he said he went back to Boston a couple times while he was on the run I think he definitely had enough cash to last the rest of his life.

So you think that money was all leftover from his days active? I have no clue myself, but when I saw the amount that he had, I figured he probably was getting new money from somewhere.

Make that coffee to go
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842537
05/19/15 07:54 AM
05/19/15 07:54 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Whom could he have had possibly working for him, making collections? Someone would've eventually dropped dime on him and he would've been captured a lot earlier than he was. Majority of it was orobably money that he had went on the run with. Or it's possible he anoymously, under an assumed name, invested the money and watched it multiply over and over. That then leaves the question of how he'd get all the paper cash out of banks and ATM's.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: CleanBandit] #842538
05/19/15 08:05 AM
05/19/15 08:05 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: CleanBandit
I believe merlino referred to Sully Sullivan, a Boston gangster who was on the FBI top 10 most wanted list.

In the show, Sully lived with his girlfriend and his mother, while the word around town was that Sully died years ago. In the meantime, he had his people collect for him and whatnot.

But Ray Donovan's a TV show. As for the true story, I really have no idea.

Exactly right on...... people should watch the show before jumping to conclusions and ray donovan is based on some real stuff, not at all whitey, but sully sullivan is based on a whitey-esque character...great show

Last edited by merlino; 05/19/15 08:05 AM.
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842539
05/19/15 08:12 AM
05/19/15 08:12 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Who would he have collecting for him though? All of his "people" flipped and wrote books. Those who didn't are still in prison or dead. And that still leaves the question of how will that money get back to him, in all of the places he supposedly was, according to the FBI, without leaving a paper trail. There's really no indication of how he got the money or where it was from. It's easy to get guns, so thats not such a mystery.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842544
05/19/15 08:42 AM
05/19/15 08:42 AM
M
mbo Offline
Made Member
mbo  Offline
M
Made Member
read somewhere that he and creig had safety deposit boxes in several different states... just looked at some of the evidence pictures that were released.... looks like the old man was gearing up for world war 3! dozens of handguns, a .223 rifle and several shotguns along with a shitload of ammo and a grenade!

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842572
05/19/15 11:30 AM
05/19/15 11:30 AM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
Are you stupid? nobody is gonna pay a fucking rat, dude had stashed money.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842582
05/19/15 12:05 PM
05/19/15 12:05 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Yea it's amazing that he still had that much money when he got caught. Makes you think how much money that he had when he went on the lam. I highly doubt that people were still giving money to him. Once he left I think he was on his own but he did pretty Damn good I would say.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842648
05/19/15 04:50 PM
05/19/15 04:50 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
He was cheap as sh&t, didn't gamble, didn't really womanize and wasn't running around town betting $50k on a football game. He prepared from day #1 for life on the lam.

There's a story that I read once that someone spotted him in like Ireland or Canada or somewhere....outside of a bank. The FBI finally gets there a few days later and sure enough there's a safety deposit box under a known alias with like $800k in it.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842670
05/19/15 06:26 PM
05/19/15 06:26 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
See that Irish prick was very frugal and he had that arpartment for years before he went on the lam, so who ia to say he didnt go there and just stuff it with heavy ammunition and well as alot of scharole.The fact that he been planned for life on lam was enough. Forget his lifestyle when he was in the streets thats known but how he prepared for the lam. He traveled many places and had many diffeent cars, id's, as well as many apartments. I also heard that this fucking dude spooked a few people when he came back but of course everyone thought it was a big lazzo. But as we now know the fuck it wasnt. All in all the dude was prepared, obviously he has his family and knows many bookies and drug dealers he couldve spooked and extort, he had money and probably came back to get some more or what was owed to him. With that fucking creep you never know what he came here for.

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #842672
05/19/15 06:31 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
If he made enough money back in the day to still have a million dollars laying around 16 years later, he's gotta be respected for that. For all the money the Italians make, half would be broke in a week without steady income with the way they spend

Make that coffee to go
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: RollinBones] #842673
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: RollinBones

Well said. I doubt Billy was giving him anything since he was being watched like a hawk. The rest I agree with you, Whitey was well prepared for this and prepared FOR YEARS before he went on the run. He knew he would have to take off eventually and did and it almost worked.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: mackinblack007] #843027
05/21/15 02:09 PM
05/21/15 02:09 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: mackinblack007

when did his friends know he was talking to the fbi? did they know he was an informer before he went on the lam?

just when did everyone know that he was a rat?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: Binnie_Coll] #843030
05/21/15 02:36 PM
05/21/15 02:36 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: mackinblack007

when did his friends know he was talking to the fbi? did they know he was an informer before he went on the lam?

just when did everyone know that he was a rat?

Flemmi outted him in court, lol flemmi is such a pathetic pos, doing life and still ratting, fucking loser idiot.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843044
05/21/15 04:04 PM
05/21/15 04:04 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Yea Flemmi knew obviously as both were rats and dealt with Connolly, and the Boston Globe I think leaked before he went on the run that he was a rat too.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843045
05/21/15 04:08 PM
05/21/15 04:08 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
ok, thank you Dixie.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843047
05/21/15 04:14 PM
05/21/15 04:14 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
No problem. The Boston guys can confirm the date of the Boston Globe leak, and I think there were possible rumors in the underworld that Whitey was a rat too but not sure on that and when it came out.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843065
05/21/15 07:03 PM
05/21/15 07:03 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Maybe he used that apartment as a large safety deserve. The cash was in the wall he probaly had millions. He got the apartment I think a few years before the pinch. Probaly had 2+ mill cash there. Whatever you say or think about Bulger he was smart. Me personally think if he was Italian would have had jerry n Larry make him no doubt. Guy loves killing prison money dressing nice pinky rings n caddy's. Say no more.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843066
05/21/15 07:13 PM
05/21/15 07:13 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

He watched his close friends flemmi and martorano lam it. He used what they told him for his future. Always feel weird when I read in books whitey hated the mafia. Its dumb he did everything they did including all there style from the godfather film. Legendary mafia guy Joe Russo put whitey together with the winter hill gang which was another mafia crew just not made guys. They all worked hand an hand.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843067
05/21/15 07:16 PM
05/21/15 07:16 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

That mob capo got caught on a wire saying the hill is us to some guy trying to skate on a Vegas bill or someshit. The FBI choose to ignore this and there all disgraced today cause of that really. Laary said they'll kill for us and whatnot and nothing.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843068
05/21/15 07:25 PM
05/21/15 07:25 PM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
guarantee all that money was just stash money.. no way he was still getting money when he was on the run... im sure that was just money he had stashed away...he was on the fbi's most wanted list. no way he was still having people collect and run shit for him... and honestly it may seem like a shit ton of money but when you have 0 income and lets say you were on the lam for 20 years.. that money is constantly depleting...

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843069
05/21/15 07:32 PM
05/21/15 07:32 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

DSB. Yaeh he probaly put 2 mill in that wall back in the early 90 tys it was from maybe a criminal looked hard to break in its a condo unit on beach not first floor. Say me or you high on crack were not breaking into fake walls. Smart play.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: dsbaloo] #843085
05/21/15 11:01 PM
05/21/15 11:01 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
guarantee all that money was just stash money.. no way he was still getting money when he was on the run... im sure that was just money he had stashed away...he was on the fbi's most wanted list. no way he was still having people collect and run shit for him... and honestly it may seem like a shit ton of money but when you have 0 income and lets say you were on the lam for 20 years.. that money is constantly depleting...

Yea no doubt. To think anyone was feeding him money is naive because he was so hot on the Feds shit list at that point. #2 on the most wanted list and folks think he was meeting someone to get extortion money? No way.

As for the money, it would have lasted the rest of his life and that was all that he needed. He knew how to live off the bare essentials and he did so after going on the run.

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843094
05/22/15 03:22 AM
05/22/15 03:22 AM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
I still think this whole Whitey bulger saga was a fascinating story. The real life stuff is so much better then the made up.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: PhillyMob] #843106
05/22/15 07:26 AM
05/22/15 07:26 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: PhillyMob
I still think this whole Whitey bulger saga was a fascinating story. The real life stuff is so much better then the made up.

definitely on that and if he did hide the money away 20 years ago that is some brilliant stuff, does anyone know for sure if he was in other parts of the world while on the run? Would he be able to get on planes or did he possibly do some of the running via freighter ships?

Re: whitey Bulger while on the lam [Re: blacksheep] #843114
05/22/15 09:17 AM
05/22/15 09:17 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

They found safety de. In the united kingdom's think 50k. They just had a grand jury in Boston about his hidden money. They'll just charge all his friends n family with perjury till he gives in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull