GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Mafia101), 329 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,829
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841454
05/10/15 01:07 PM
05/10/15 01:07 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Got to be a YouTube diys

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841455
05/10/15 01:10 PM
05/10/15 01:10 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Let's go bulls. Let's bring it back to a new York's more gangster then Chicago hasn't been one in like a year. LeBron down for the count series over. D rose took him out the irony.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: SC] #841457
05/10/15 01:25 PM
05/10/15 01:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SC
Thanks, pb.

No problem. You and I have a relationship that's going on ten years now. I'm not going to throw that away because of something so silly.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841458
05/10/15 01:31 PM
05/10/15 01:31 PM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
hey Brooklyn.....

For the longest time I've been trying to get some more info on Tommy "TK" Reynolds.

Over the years I've run into people from who lived through that era and was told that he was the best street fighter of the whole crew.

Did you know him , or have anything to add to whats already out there?

I was told he got his nickname from knocking guys out with one punch.

Hes the one who shot both the Shemtov woman and Paulie G.

Also, was he Italian? Maybe just his Mom?

His Mom also made a hugh scene at his court hearing.

Would love to hear what you've got to say. If you are the right age and lived a block away on Cropsey maybe you have some cool stories.

Sal

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: salvi62] #841460
05/10/15 02:07 PM
05/10/15 02:07 PM
B
BKLYN2NASSAU Offline
Button
BKLYN2NASSAU  Offline
B
Button
Originally Posted By: salvi62
hey Brooklyn.....

For the longest time I've been trying to get some more info on Tommy "TK" Reynolds.

Over the years I've run into people from who lived through that era and was told that he was the best street fighter of the whole crew.

Did you know him , or have anything to add to whats already out theme

I was told he got his nickname from knocking guys out with one punch.

Hes the one who shot both the Shemtov woman and Paulie G.

Also, was he Italian? Maybe just his Mom?

His Mom also made a hugh scene at his court hearing.

Would love to hear what you've got to say. If you are the right age and lived a block away on Cropsey maybe you have some cool stories.

Sal

Tommys nickname was tk short for technical knockout. He is italian/Irish. Out of the entire crew he was the toughest. He truly feared no one. I didn't know him on a friend basis as I am a few years younger than him but everyone in the neighborhood knew who he was. It was a shame what happened to their entire crew they all ended up turning on one another either through the streets( Paulies murder) or by cooperating. That's what the life does to friends. tommy wasn't a bad guy as far as those guys go but the drugs got ahold of him by the time of the Robbery on Staten Island . He never took a backstep to anyone but he wasn't the type of guy who went out looking for problems. Hope that was helpful.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841469
05/10/15 03:14 PM
05/10/15 03:14 PM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
Brook....

Thanks a million Pal.
Yeah, I knew what "TK" stood for. My family all comes from New Rochelle and some from Patterson NJ, but I went to a Catholic school where everybody was from the Hurst.

Believe it or not I heard about those guys years before they ever became "famous". I'm still in touch with guys I went to third grade with way back in '72. They would visit family up north through the early-mid 1990's when all this shit was going on , then come back to Fl with these amazing stories of people getting shot right in front of their grandparents house.

This is gonna sound real stupid but did you ever hear of a guy they called "Kirk the hook"? He was some guy from that area who lost a hand and had a hook instead. Now comes the real stupid part.....during the disco era he supposedly did a spin on a dance floor and ripped somebodys face up with that hook by accident. They also said he would use the hook to break into houses prying up windows and so fourth.

Anyway, this is some of the crazy shit those Brooklyn guys would tell us when they came back from visiting.

You must remember that Hollywood, Hallandale and Miramar in South Florida was LOADED with Italians that moved down from the northeast. Now, sadly all those areas are "Island" people from Haiti, Bahamas, Trinidad etc. The old "Saint Anthony" feast in Miramar is now the "Carribean Festival" and has been for years.

Thanks again, and if you got any more stories please keep em coming.

Sal

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: salvi62] #841473
05/10/15 03:33 PM
05/10/15 03:33 PM
B
BKLYN2NASSAU Offline
Button
BKLYN2NASSAU  Offline
B
Button
Never heard of Kirk the hook but admitly I wasn't part of street life. I was a catholic school boy also, xaverian in bay ridge on shore road. My exposure to the crew came mostly from playing basketball in dyker park on 14 ave and 86st. That was one of the crews " pot spots". I got a lot of respect on those courts because in those days my jump shot was deadly. One time in particular a squad of black dudes came and tried to bogart the court. They left with their tails between their legs with the score 16-2. We played to 16 in those days with 2 pointers. On the way out they were heard saying Damn white boy can shoot. From that day on I was a favorite of the crew. Good times.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: DB] #841525
05/11/15 11:47 AM
05/11/15 11:47 AM
B
BKLYN2NASSAU Offline
Button
BKLYN2NASSAU  Offline
B
Button
Originally Posted By: DB
Bk

Don't worry about other posters

Trust me if you share accurate info somewhat regularily on here without pumping your chest, and you'll be the well liked and respected .

I know ackowledgment is nice , especially from guys like PB and Bronx but at end of day it's a MB of mostly strangers , who cares , im ignored all the time here, it's no big deal , it's just a random MB man , plenty of other things to get pissed about , like a bathtub leak I can't quite figure out ( doesn't leak with shower , only when tub is partially full into room below ), I caulked the shit out of that bathroom too, just bought the investment prop in oct too, now that's something to get pissed about - unforcasted biz expenses - luckily my friend is cool with just getting him some weed but until we open it up , no clue on what

materials are needed

Your a good egg DB. I didn't come here looking to start trouble. I understand this other guy has had problems in the past with people taking things too far but it seems like he's thinks everyone is out to get him making new accounts and such. Your right bro I know it's just a message board so I'll try not to be too sensitive . I look foward to be able to contribute with whatever you guys might find interesting .

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841528
05/11/15 12:01 PM
05/11/15 12:01 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
wasn't there a bath ave guy who shoved Anthony spero, and came at him ? I recall reading that somewhere, anyway the kid was whacked for it, by his best friend, I believe.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #841530
05/11/15 12:20 PM
05/11/15 12:20 PM
B
BKLYN2NASSAU Offline
Button
BKLYN2NASSAU  Offline
B
Button
[quote=Binnie_Coll] wasn't there a bath ave guy who shoved Anthony spero, and came at him ? I recall reading that somewhere, anyway the kid was whacked for it, by his best friend, I believe. [/quote

That was Paulie " brass" gulino. He was on his way to becoming made with the bonnano till that day he snuffed Anthony spero. The dispute was over a beef Paulie was having with the 20 th ave crew who were with the columbo's. Paulie felt that after the hit on Vincent bickleman who robbed spero's daughter thst he should have spero's unwavering support. Spero didn't see things this way And Paulie laid his hands on him in front of Joe benati. Joey calco and tommy Reynolds did the hit for spero they were the only ones who could get close enough to pull it off.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841531
05/11/15 12:28 PM
05/11/15 12:28 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
thank you for answering my post, bkly2nassau.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: BKLYN2NASSAU] #841535
05/11/15 12:52 PM
05/11/15 12:52 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU
Pizza boy this is the third thread I've commented on and you gloss right over my over observations . You got me on the pay no mind list? One street guy to another don't let me feel left out I'm trying to become a valuable asset to the board. I always see you welcoming these euros and people from fly over country . Do the right thing here chief .

You're a street guy here?

Never heard of Kirk the hook but admitly I wasn't part of street life.

But not here?

I get what you mean, though. You grew up with some people, but you were smart enough to stay out of the game. Smart move.

I understand this other guy has had problems in the past with people taking things too far but it seems like he's thinks everyone is out to get him making new accounts and such.

You're right. I've been used here too many times, and maybe I'm getting paranoid. But you have to keep in mind that it was my trust and gullibility about the Internet that led to my personal information being hacked. And that included the names and locations of two of my wife's businesses.

So I'm glad we cleared that up. Because I had you misidentified as a former poster. My bad. And it's a good thing we talked because my next move was to have my attorney contact the honorable Judge Woellper and Mr. Tinari Esq., not to mention the pre-trial department at the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. And that would have been very embarrassing for me.

So thank you for sparing me that embarrassment, and welcome to the board smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: pizzaboy] #841541
05/11/15 01:40 PM
05/11/15 01:40 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Pizza boy this is the third thread I've commented on and you gloss right over my over observations . You got me on the pay no mind list? One street guy to another don't let me feel left out I'm trying to become a valuable asset to the board. I always see you welcoming these euros and people from fly over country . Do the right thing here chief .

But not here?

I get what you mean, though. You grew up with some people, but you were smart enough to stay out of the game. Smart move.

I understand this other guy has had problems in the past with people taking things too far but it seems like he's thinks everyone is out to get him making new accounts and such.

You're right. I've been used here too many times, and maybe I'm getting paranoid. But you have to keep in mind that it was my trust and gullibility about the Internet that led to my personal information being hacked. And that included the names and locations of two of my wife's businesses.

So I'm glad we cleared that up. Because I had you misidentified as a former poster. My bad. And it's a good thing we talked because my next move was to have my attorney contact the honorable Judge Woellper and Mr. Tinari Esq., not to mention the pre-trial probation department. And that would have been very embarrassing for me.

Spoken like a gentleman. Round on the house.

When Interpol?
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: cheech] #841543
05/11/15 01:47 PM
05/11/15 01:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cheech

But not here?

So I'm glad we cleared that up. Because I had you misidentified as a former poster. My bad. And it's a good thing we talked because my next move was to have my attorney contact the honorable Judge Woellper and Mr. Tinari Esq., not to mention the pre-trial probation department. And that would have been very embarrassing for me.

Spoken like a gentleman. Round on the house.

I try to get along with everyone and give everyone the benefit of the doubt. You know that, Cheech. But thanks for the kind words smile.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841544
05/11/15 01:51 PM
05/11/15 01:51 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Something Fishy

Could be that Donnie Brasco jewel thief

Last edited by Serpiente; 05/11/15 01:54 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: Serpiente] #841545
05/11/15 02:06 PM
05/11/15 02:06 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Something Fishy

Could be that Donnie Brasco jewel thief

the one that no one knew and that no one can vouch for except one guy in Florida that no one else can vouch for that they were gonna make? that donnie brasco?

When Interpol?
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841558
05/11/15 02:57 PM
05/11/15 02:57 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
YES thats him....

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841606
05/12/15 04:42 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
B----- WOW...someone said something to true.

When Interpol?
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841607
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
got to close.

When Interpol?
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: pizzaboy] #841651
05/12/15 11:10 AM
05/12/15 11:10 AM
Belette Offline
Made Member
Belette  Offline
Made Member
So I'm glad we cleared that up. Because I had you misidentified as a former poster. My bad. And it's a good thing we talked because my next move was to have my attorney contact the honorable Judge Woellper and Mr. Tinari Esq., not to mention the pre-trial department at the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. And that would have been very embarrassing for me.

Holy crap, I didn't know this OC forum business is so serious. I have read some threads about ex members crossing the line though, so can't blame you. I get murderous myself when someone fucks with my family.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841672
05/12/15 01:48 PM
05/12/15 01:48 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss

You'll know it's about to get REALLY serious if this guy gets involved...

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841684
05/12/15 02:48 PM
05/12/15 02:48 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

So for anyone who read the book does he trash the other 6 7 bath ave guys does he explain why that guy Fabio or what his name is got his button he didn't. They all went to jail 2000ish yet guy got his button the rest of the crew must have been salty. Take massino inducted dude.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841685
05/12/15 02:52 PM
05/12/15 02:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Massino testified him had so many induction ceromonys between 91 02 he couldn't remember. Must have been cool in the late 90tys to have spero and massino there legends. Not so much after Joe where'd a wire. Awkward jail house gossip with other family's.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: cheech] #841718
05/12/15 05:03 PM
05/12/15 05:03 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

got to close.

Yeah, fucking lawyers. You just can't say Jack about some people.

See what I did there? wink grin

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: pizzaboy] #841722
05/12/15 05:14 PM
05/12/15 05:14 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

got to close.

Yeah, fucking lawyers. You just can't say Jack about some people.

See what I did there? wink grin

Cause if you do you might just get Jacked

When Interpol?
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: cheech] #841724
05/12/15 05:19 PM
05/12/15 05:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Especially if you're a poor, defenseless old lady.

This is all hypothetical, of course. I wouldn't say Jack about someone falsely accused.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: mikeyballs211] #841727
05/12/15 05:40 PM
05/12/15 05:40 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
The 90s were a very interesting time for the mob

As much as we want to talk about a downfall for most of the 90s they still pretty much ran everything in the metro area in garbage , construction , gambling and the unions but to a lesser extent , not too mention the associates sold boatloads of drugs- coke and weed with a handful of the remaining 80s banana wholesers still around

The gambinos Columbis and Luchesse took a step or 2 back but the WS and Bonnanno scooped that shit up

Any when they lost the NYC garbage they just moved that shit to NJ and CT, these were real savy business men

The big loss for CN was the mob tax , extortion and loss of influence with some powerful unions plus the fish and javits thing

But let's not kid ourselves there are a few families out there that still have a ton of labor power - laborers , carpenters etc.and again it's because their services are needed , they make GCs life's easier with how Fd up building is in the area . But it was the tax on most NYC goods and services that hurt that money flow IMO, concrete and garbage alone in NYC could have been a $100M . That's why I think they are and will still be players in the drug trade but the shit people don't care about , opiates , weed and some coke . I could see them setting something up with an overseas crew that does all the importing and most of the distro and kick back some to NY guys for their territory and LE knowledge amongst other things

I have several friends in the carpenters Union and black caddys are still there and if you walk around Manhattan and you know some of the companies some would be shocked at how big of contracts they are involved with but again it's legit , they learned their lessen . With the amount of wiretapping today , why get involved in murder thats auto life instead of keeping things mostly legit where u can plea out to 3-8 year type deals

I might be the only one but settin aside lotto stuff , I believe gaming is even bigger then it was before , they can now reach people everywhere and a gambler doesn't have to ever talk to a wise guy and most would be shocked at what a typical agent is today( I get furious when the Feds bust and picture these guys as they are legit blue and white collar hard works that manage maybe 10-20 gamblers on the side , it's a joke . And it's this internet thing that got some families so hot for CT , middle and SJ and even PA and no one and I mean no one outside of a guy like PB or Bronx knows who the real bank is in Rica . I have my strong hunch and if you read any of these big gambling busts the last 5 years and there have been plenty , they never say who put up the cash , never , freaking brilliant business guys here and the real smart ones dump this shit into hard real estate assets , again brilliant and something I'm trying to do today , up to 3 but boy is it not easy and honestly the $ ain't there until the mtg is paid off , i buy distressed properties in areas with easy NYC committing , put 7-10k in to make it look real nice ( purely cosmetic stuff ), make maybe a $100 a month after all expenses and right now can't wait for all my depreciation expenses to add up to plow into the mortgage , when they free and clear is when I'm sure you feel like the man . Word of wisdom , even tho u make less $ short term , never do a 30 year mtg . Your purchase analysis should always be based on whether you can make a $100 to a few on 15-20 year loans , 30 year loans are the scam of all scams ( and I did 2 myself backnown day. )

Fair disclosure I am looking at a place in jersey shore that is brand new ( 4 on market ) where people still have sandy aftershock until the beach is extended and dunes up . It's in a hot area and I'm hoping if remaining 3 don't see I can get for under $175 a sq foot as I know in 10 years it will be be $500-600 a square foot like it several years ago, but shore investing is going to be a big change as you need to make sure those 3 months can sustain the other 9 months of payments , not easy , especially with a cheap as fuck old Italian that still won't pay for hbo lol . As PB has said before its kind of addicting and full filling when u land these good deals and trust me they are everywhere , u just need the capital and time , unfortunately I'm a Wall Street cat so time is an issue , can't wait till old man finally retires or as he hopes is fired later this year but he 67 and been saying that for years

Last edited by DB; 05/12/15 05:54 PM.
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: DB] #841732
05/12/15 06:23 PM
05/12/15 06:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Check your pm, DB.

Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: pizzaboy] #841762
05/13/15 06:03 AM
05/13/15 06:03 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

Especially if you're a poor, defenseless old lady.

This is all hypothetical, of course. I wouldn't say Jack about someone falsely accused.

if I was ever falsely accused it would have me all Jacked up inside.

Last edited by cheech; 05/13/15 06:03 AM.

When Interpol?
Re: anyone ever read Anthonys boy by Joey Calco? [Re: BKLYN2NASSAU] #841765
05/13/15 06:10 AM
05/13/15 06:10 AM
Oscarthedago Offline
Capo
Oscarthedago  Offline
Capo
[quote=Binnie_Coll] wasn't there a bath ave guy who shoved Anthony spero, and came at him ? I recall reading that somewhere, anyway the kid was whacked for it, by his best friend, I believe. [/quote

That was Paulie " brass" gulino. He was on his way to becoming made with the bonnano till that day he snuffed Anthony spero. The dispute was over a beef Paulie was having with the 20 th ave crew who were with the columbo's. Paulie felt that after the hit on Vincent bickleman who robbed spero's daughter thst he should have spero's unwavering support. Spero didn't see things this way And Paulie laid his hands on him in front of Joe benati. Joey calco and tommy Reynolds did the hit for spero they were the only ones who could get close enough to pull it off.

Hey Jack Jr., I didn't know you were an expert on NY? Interesting.

Last edited by Oscarthedago; 05/13/15 06:11 AM.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull