GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, joepuzzles234), 276 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,863
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837468
04/13/15 06:03 PM
04/13/15 06:03 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Do you mind givin us your pick?

In this day and age? It could be anyone from an Incumbent who got caught getting blown by a fat homely intern, to a community organizer from Chicago, by way of Hawaii and Kenya. Oh, wait....

Who do you want to win?

A moderate, which is too tough to call right now. But if any of the tired old Democrats ever DID get the nomination, I'd hope for something like a Christie-Rubio ticket on the Republican side. That's a nice combination of youth and experience. And with the easing of Cuban-American relations (which I gleefully said was long overdue but would blow up in the Far Left's face), they'd run away with Florida, which would be huge.

But Christie will have to learn to keep his temper in check. It won't fly down south where they like the politicians to be Southern Gentlemen.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #837469
04/13/15 06:05 PM
04/13/15 06:05 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
it might not be enough to carry her over though. I really think the country has had it with the Clintons and the bushes.

we must have someone else that can have a good run, don't we?

I can see not wanting another Clinton. At least Bill went with the pool numbers. Hillary would never do that. She would be just like Obama.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: BarrettM] #837474
04/13/15 06:11 PM
04/13/15 06:11 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Another Bush and another Clinton? Thomas Jefferson would be terrified. A hereditary monarchy was exactly what he was afraid of.

I like Rand a lot. I think his economic policy is crazy but his foreign and criminal policy is interesting. He worked with Cory Booker on criminal justice reform, which is notable because it was probably the only bipartisan project in years.

Cory booker worked a lot with republicans. He even praise mitt Romney. Until the democrates told him not to say anything that would help Romney even if it was the truth. Then like a real man of principle he stopped and became just another sheep to be lead by his handlers.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837497
04/13/15 07:52 PM
04/13/15 07:52 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
I like Elizabeth Warren, but I don't know enough about her yet.

If she runs for President and is ambushed by illegal alien advocates and dodges them, she's got my vote.

The next President needs to be pro middle class.

That means enforce the immigration laws, and resist H1B Visa incursion into all industries traditionally American.

Some might think that the President needs to be an Economics major to solve our financial problems, but that is not true. If you solve the immigration problems, you already solved the financial. This is because the amount of people we have out of work roughly equal the number of people with no business here occupying a job in an American company.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #837502
04/13/15 08:25 PM
04/13/15 08:25 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
any way , now that Hillary came out and wants the presidency, I don't feel the excitement for her in the democrat party, that was felt in years past.

can she win? the nomination maybe, but, can she beat the republican nominee? im not as sure of that as I once was.

The Clinton Pig will never be President. Mark it down. Pizzaboy: April 13, 2015. And I said as much back in 2008, but you'd have to do a lot of searching to find those posts. But they're still here if you look hard enough for them.

de Blasio (who I hate, but now have at least this reason to admire for three minutes) already backstabbed her (it's on the cover of both NY tabloids today). The Obamas hate her and will follow suit.

Why should Biden step aside for her? I think he's an idiot, but he's a two-term lame duck Vice President. Why should he step aside for her if he wants it?

Clinton, Kennedy, Bush, Taft, Harrison, Adams, Roosevelt, Rockefeller, and on and on and on. This is America. There's no such thing as a royal family here. That Kennedy Camelot bullshit always drove me up a fucking wall. Why did we break away from England in the first place if we're just going to keep putting the same families back in office?

I've grown far too cynical to post in these political threads lately. But for clarity's sake, I was a moderate Democrat for over thirty years. But I never in my life pulled the lever just because there was a (D) next to a candidate's name. Today I'm an Independent and a very jaded one at that.

Fuck Hillary Clinton. I'd vote for a qualified moderate female candidate in a heartbeat. But I'd rather give myself an appendectomy with a rusty surgical tool in India than utter the words President Clinton ever again.

But back to the original point. Pizzaboy: April 13, 2015. That woman will never be President. And I hope the pain of another grueling two-year long campaign and eventual heartbreaking loss ages her another twenty years. She already looks like steamed shit on a plate.

Pizzaboy, This^^^ made me smile Thanks!!

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Mignon] #837503
04/13/15 08:30 PM
04/13/15 08:30 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
You only smiled? I was crackin up.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #837508
04/13/15 10:47 PM
04/13/15 10:47 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
any way , now that Hillary came out and wants the presidency, I don't feel the excitement for her in the democrat party, that was felt in years past.

can she win? the nomination maybe, but, can she beat the republican nominee? im not as sure of that as I once was.

The Clinton Pig will never be President. Mark it down. Pizzaboy: April 13, 2015. And I said as much back in 2008, but you'd have to do a lot of searching to find those posts. But they're still here if you look hard enough for them.

de Blasio (who I hate, but now have at least this reason to admire for three minutes) already backstabbed her (it's on the cover of both NY tabloids today). The Obamas hate her and will follow suit.

Why should Biden step aside for her? I think he's an idiot, but he's a two-term lame duck Vice President. Why should he step aside for her if he wants it?

Clinton, Kennedy, Bush, Taft, Harrison, Adams, Roosevelt, Rockefeller, and on and on and on. This is America. There's no such thing as a royal family here. That Kennedy Camelot bullshit always drove me up a fucking wall. Why did we break away from England in the first place if we're just going to keep putting the same families back in office?

I've grown far too cynical to post in these political threads lately. But for clarity's sake, I was a moderate Democrat for over thirty years. But I never in my life pulled the lever just because there was a (D) next to a candidate's name. Today I'm an Independent and a very jaded one at that.

Fuck Hillary Clinton. I'd vote for a qualified moderate female candidate in a heartbeat. But I'd rather give myself an appendectomy with a rusty surgical tool in India than utter the words President Clinton ever again.

But back to the original point. Pizzaboy: April 13, 2015. That woman will never be President. And I hope the pain of another grueling two-year long campaign and eventual heartbreaking loss ages her another twenty years. She already looks like steamed shit on a plate.

Yeah, I really don't see nor want Hillary as our President. But, am worried if the younger generation of women will vote for her because of gender.

By the way PB, with the family dynasties I have no problem if a fifth cousin or grandson of a previous President wants to be President himself if there are decades in between.

Has there even been a thought about disquieting family members of a previous President from running?

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: BarrettM] #837509
04/13/15 10:57 PM
04/13/15 10:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Another Bush and another Clinton? Thomas Jefferson would be terrified. A hereditary monarchy was exactly what he was afraid of.

Spot-on, Sonny Boy. Outta the mouths of babes. See my rants about American political dynasties (or call a spade a spade and call them Royal Families). Nothing in American politics drives me more insane.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #837510
04/13/15 11:34 PM
04/13/15 11:34 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
I like Elizabeth Warren, but I don't know enough about her yet.

If she runs for President and is ambushed by illegal alien advocates and dodges them, she's got my vote.

The next President needs to be pro middle class.

That means enforce the immigration laws, and resist H1B Visa incursion into all industries traditionally American.

Some might think that the President needs to be an Economics major to solve our financial problems, but that is not true. If you solve the immigration problems, you already solved the financial. This is because the amount of people we have out of work roughly equal the number of people with no business here occupying a job in an American company.

Out of all of them that have declared or will likely declare, the only one (that I'm aware of) who will do what you are calling for on immigration laws is Ted Cruz. Elizabeth Warren would probably liberalize immigration laws even more than Obama's done. She's a dyed in the wool hardcore far-left progressive. She's on record as being a strong supporter of the Dream Act.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #837536
04/14/15 06:29 AM
04/14/15 06:29 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Well no I had cracked up as well. Pizza, you're awesome!

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Mignon] #837574
04/14/15 09:30 AM
04/14/15 09:30 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Mignon

You too, Mama. And you're missed around here. A lot! grin

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #837584
04/14/15 10:35 AM
04/14/15 10:35 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Do you mind givin us your pick?

In this day and age? It could be anyone from an Incumbent who got caught getting blown by a fat homely intern, to a community organizer from Chicago, by way of Hawaii and Kenya. Oh, wait....

Who do you want to win?

A moderate, which is too tough to call right now. But if any of the tired old Democrats ever DID get the nomination, I'd hope for something like a Christie-Rubio ticket on the Republican side. That's a nice combination of youth and experience. And with the easing of Cuban-American relations (which I gleefully said was long overdue but would blow up in the Far Left's face), they'd run away with Florida, which would be huge.

But Christie will have to learn to keep his temper in check. It won't fly down south where they like the politicians to be Southern Gentlemen.

Thanks for your reply boss. While I certianly like Christie, I don't think he has a shot. The repubs tried a moderate with Romney and it didnt work. Rubio on the other hand, while being a moderate, is also hispanic.

How can a 70 year old grifter relate to the middle class better than a cuban american whose father was a dish washer?

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837586
04/14/15 11:04 AM
04/14/15 11:04 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I agree. Rubio is a huge plus for the Republicans. I don't care what anyone says. They win Florida by daylight with him on the ticket.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #837608
04/14/15 01:49 PM
04/14/15 01:49 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

You too, Mama. And you're missed around here. A lot! grin

Thanks PB You made my day. Love & hugs

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #837623
04/14/15 03:01 PM
04/14/15 03:01 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
I agree. Rubio is a huge plus for the Republicans. I don't care what anyone says. They win Florida by daylight with him on the ticket.

Yeah but you still need ohio. If the repubs don't get ohio and get florida, they need a bunch of smaller wins like colorado, new mexico, and iowa.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837627
04/14/15 03:28 PM
04/14/15 03:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Yeah but you still need ohio. If the repubs don't get ohio and get florida, they need a bunch of smaller wins like colorado, new mexico, and iowa.

Of course. The next President may very well be someone who 75 percent of the American public is completely unfamiliar with. Just like Obama was completely unknown by 75 percent of the American public in April of 2007.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #837688
04/14/15 07:22 PM
04/14/15 07:22 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Of course. The next President may very well be someone who 75 percent of the American public is completely unfamiliar with. Just like Obama was completely unknown by 75 percent of the American public in April of 2007.

Also Jimmy Carter.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Mignon] #837700
04/14/15 09:16 PM
04/14/15 09:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Also Jimmy Carter.

And in a remarkable coincidence, they've been about equally effective as Presidents.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837721
04/15/15 03:41 AM
04/15/15 03:41 AM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
That's an old trick out of the Democratic playbook....run an unknown candidate (ie. Carter, Clinton, Obama) and have the media run interference and surprise you have a new president!..it works for them. However, this election is a little different for them...their selection is extremely limited..its either Hitlary or the communistic (I'm a millionaire, but I decry wealth for you) Elizabeth Warren. On the other hand, the Republicans have been known to let opportunity pass them by before...its Tweedle Dee vs Tweedle Dumb.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837727
04/15/15 04:36 AM
04/15/15 04:36 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
...and so it begins...

In a long thread discussion with F1...we talked about "Joe the Plumber" and the "Obama is an Arab-woman".Both appeared to be plants.

well here is another seemingly planted person and story....and it seems to be being done to help Hillary

Can't make this stuff up

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: getthesenets] #837759
04/15/15 08:50 AM
04/15/15 08:50 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
...and so it begins...

In a long thread discussion with F1...we talked about "Joe the Plumber" and the "Obama is an Arab-woman".Both appeared to be plants.

well here is another seemingly planted person and story....and it seems to be being done to help Hillary

Can't make this stuff up

Na, its not done to stop hillary. It's just a women expressing her opinion. If the republican establishment was anti women, it woulden't have allowed mccain to choose palin.

I woulden't be suprised if this whole thing was made up by the Dems as a ploy. The Dems are really worried about Rubio, who can much more relate to the middle class than Hillary.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: getthesenets] #837760
04/15/15 09:04 AM
04/15/15 09:04 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

@IF

We agree . I said that she was a plant and that the story and its coverage is being done to HELP Hillary.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: getthesenets] #837761
04/15/15 09:12 AM
04/15/15 09:12 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

@IF

We agree . I said that she was a plant and that the story and its coverage is being done to HELP Hillary.

My bad boss. Doing a little multi tasking and watched the vid and had to double up on my blood pressure meds. #angrywhiteman

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837764
04/15/15 09:24 AM
04/15/15 09:24 AM
Michigan
Big_T Offline
THE ENFORCER
Big_T  Offline
THE ENFORCER
Wiseguy
Michigan
There was a time when I would have backed McCain. When he put the nation's well-being at risk by potentially placing that grinning bubblehead a heartbeat away from being the leader of the free world, I lost all respect for him.

" No matter how big a guy might be, Nicky would take take him on. You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat. You beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun. And if you beat him with a gun, you better kill him, because he'll keep coming back and back, until one of you is dead! "
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Big_T] #837772
04/15/15 10:06 AM
04/15/15 10:06 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Big_T
There was a time when I would have backed McCain. When he put the nation's well-being at risk by potentially placing that grinning bubblehead a heartbeat away from being the leader of the free world, I lost all respect for him.

Too bad people don't feel the same way about Obama who put the mentally retarded serial groper in the VP spot.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Faithful1] #837778
04/15/15 11:10 AM
04/15/15 11:10 AM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: Big_T

Too bad people don't feel the same way about Obama who put the mentally retarded serial groper in the VP spot.

Say what you want about him on a personal level, at the end of the day it's all about policy, and he's consistently come out for what he believes in against Obama's interests - been frozen out of the "inner circle" as a consequence, and refused to toe the line when he doesn't believe in something.

Here's my scorecard.

Hilary Clinton

PROS

-Tough negotiator?
-Umm....
-Still thinking....

CONS
-We do not live in a fucking dynasty
-The hair
-Might be a robot
-Probably a wallstreet stooge
-Not at all a liberal in foreign policy
-Establishment stooge
-What exactly will she actually change?

Definitely do not want to vote for her. Since no one else from the Democratic party has the balls to step up, I've been looking at GOP candidates and the only one who remotely resembles my views is Rand Paul. On one hand, his economic policies are just as extreme as his father's. But...two of his policies definitely appeal. Opposition to mass incarceration and an unwieldy drug war. Like I said in another thread he already made progress with Corey Booker to reduce terms for nonviolent offenders. There's no reason pot usage or even dealing should land someone behind bars without the possibility of parole. And I like his foreign policy. It's been a long time since we had someone cautious of the ramifications of war, especially economically for our own country. I liked Jefferson's foreign policy. Even Reagan believed in peace by strength.

He supports a market-based solution for climate change...so he has at least recognized climate change. The difference between him and Ron was dogmatic in his views. Rand will change when he needs to get ahead. And although he's a longshot, that's why he can lead in the polls. And maybe one day take the whitehouse.

No interest in Jeb Bush for the same reason as Hilary. In fact their views are hard to tell apart.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: BarrettM] #837786
04/15/15 11:54 AM
04/15/15 11:54 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'll preface this by reiterating that I was a moderate Democrat for thirty years before the party went completely off its nut. The party that my Italian immigrant grandparents embraced as their Savior is dead and gone.

Re the tired old line about Republicans hating women. It reminds me of the Far Left that's forever jumping on the Catholic Church for its treatment of women. Like Mary---A WOMAN---isn't the most important figure in our faith, save for The Holy Trinity rolleyes.

It's smoke and mirrors, and bullshit on top of bullshit. In other words, it's politics as usual.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #837789
04/15/15 12:30 PM
04/15/15 12:30 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
I'll preface this by reiterating that I was a moderate Democrat for thirty years before the party went completely off its nut. The party that my Italian immigrant grandparents embraced as their Savior is dead and gone.

Re the tired old line about Republicans hating women. It reminds me of the Far Left that's forever jumping on the Catholic Church for its treatment of women. Like Mary---A WOMAN---isn't the most important figure in our faith, save for The Holy Trinity rolleyes.

It's smoke and mirrors, and bullshit on top of bullshit. In other words, it's politics as usual.

See, I just don't know where you get this from. The democratic party in America is centre-left compared to ANY comparable western government. There are very few democrats in America that propose raising taxes and social spending to the point of left-wing parties in Australia or Europe. Liberalism in Scandinavia would be called socialist or even communist by most American standards. But in the EU its standard fare. The GOP on the other hand is further right than any its contemporaries in the rest of the world. For example, in Britain UKIP is considered far right extremist because they want to slow down and halt immigration...whereas in the GOP thats very run of the mill even for moderates.

If the international stuff is putting you to sleep, let me put it this way: a few years ago Romney proposed a plan similar to Obamacare, 10 years ago Bush supported immigration reform, 30 years ago Reagan supported the Brady Bill, and all the way back in the 60's Nixon formed the EPA. Very few Republicans will take similar stances in this day and age.

The only change in the democratic party is its now more bought-and-paid-for than ever. And lets be honest, they all are.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: BarrettM] #837792
04/15/15 12:44 PM
04/15/15 12:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The only change in the democratic party is its now more bought-and-paid-for than ever.

If my rough around the edges vocabulary is putting YOU to sleep. let me put it this way: Bullshit. The Ellis Island Democrats (1880-1920) resembled Eisenhower Republicans far more than post-Kennedy Democrats.

And I never said that the Far Right wasn't completely off its rocker. They're fucking crazy, too. I wouldn't vote for a Bible-thumping lunatic on the Right any faster than I'd vote for a tree hugging Lefty who wants to shut down every construction site from coast to coast.

But you know how much I like you, and I value your opinion and friendship here. I think you're a great kid. So let's just agree to disagree.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #837794
04/15/15 12:58 PM
04/15/15 12:58 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
To be completely fair, you know I've only SEEN the last 20 years or so lol you might be right.

I agree not to BS over politics although its fun to get your goat, though. Who you thinking of voting for PB? By the way I'm sorry about all your recent headaches. I wish your dad the best. And Lieber the worst.

Last edited by BarrettM; 04/15/15 01:02 PM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull