GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 135 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,550
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New US family #834457
03/25/15 04:08 AM
03/25/15 04:08 AM
Great Britain
British Offline OP
Underboss
British  Offline OP
Underboss
Great Britain
We hear of the established families, defunct families and the families that are on the brink of becoming defunct

Would there be somewhere where a new family could spring up or there no chance of that ever happening these days?

British is best....
Re: New US family [Re: British] #834460
03/25/15 04:18 AM
03/25/15 04:18 AM
H
HotRod2015 Offline
Wiseguy
HotRod2015  Offline
H
Wiseguy
Is there any cities in America that has a decent sized Italian community that does not have a lcn family?

Re: New US family [Re: British] #834469
03/25/15 05:08 AM
03/25/15 05:08 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
No chance whatsoever... unless we're taking the CN structure and basically applying it to a bonafide gang composed of non-Italians. Otherwise I can't see any new family being made.

A more interesting question would be mergers? You guys think in the near future families could merge and become just four or three?
Like the Bonannos and Colombos could merge? We all know most families aren't exactly in good shape so I could see something like this possibly happening out of necessity. Like it was discussed back in the early 90s that the Luccheses would absorb the Orena Colombo faction or something like that.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: New US family [Re: British] #834480
03/25/15 07:36 AM
03/25/15 07:36 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Who the hell would want to merge with the Colombos?

Re: New US family [Re: British] #834488
03/25/15 07:55 AM
03/25/15 07:55 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: British
We hear of the established families, defunct families and the families that are on the brink of becoming defunct

Would there be somewhere where a new family could spring up or there no chance of that ever happening these days?

No. The end.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New US family [Re: British] #834491
03/25/15 08:02 AM
03/25/15 08:02 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Online content
furio_from_naples  Online Content

naples,italy
It's was tolking of the Colacurcios in Seattle that has 100 men but maybe is exxagerated,I think if a family could be rebuilt was the Patriarca 'cause the Massachusetts 13.9%,Rhode Island 18.9% and Connecticut 18.7% was full of italians and I don't understand why the family has only 30 made men in old age,but the reasons was that NY put a freeze on the making ceremonies

Re: New US family [Re: furio_from_naples] #834507
03/25/15 09:23 AM
03/25/15 09:23 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
It's was tolking of the Colacurcios in Seattle that has 100 men but maybe is exxagerated,I think if a family could be rebuilt was the Patriarca 'cause the Massachusetts 13.9%,Rhode Island 18.9% and Connecticut 18.7% was full of italians and I don't understand why the family has only 30 made men in old age,but the reasons was that NY put a freeze on the making ceremonies

The Colacurcio's probably were nothing more than a standard organized gang of which the leader just happened to have an Italian surname. Organized crime they most likely were in some way, shape or form (if we're looking for a comparison they probably veered closer towards a "Dixie mafia"-like business model), but definitely not Cosa Nostra.

Re: New US family [Re: TheKillingJoke] #834513
03/25/15 09:41 AM
03/25/15 09:41 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

The Colacurcio's probably were nothing more than a standard organized gang of which the leader just happened to have an Italian surname. Organized crime they most likely were in some way, shape or form (if we're looking for a comparison they probably veered closer towards a "Dixie mafia"-like business model), but definitely not Cosa Nostra.

Yes,and what you thinks about what I said on the Patriarcas ?

Re: New US family [Re: furio_from_naples] #834518
03/25/15 09:55 AM
03/25/15 09:55 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss

Yes,and what you thinks about what I said on the Patriarcas ?

I don't know enough about the Patriarcas to be honest, so I should better keep schtum lol But what you say definitely holds merit, it is strange that a region with such a large Italian-descended population doesn't have a shitload of mobsters running around. But one thing that strikes me on New England is that the entire region seems to have its own unique sort of culture, very different from that of New York, New Jersey, Philly, Chicago or Detroit. Both Italians and Irish seem to have blended into that kind of New England atmosphere.

Re: New US family [Re: British] #834521
03/25/15 10:06 AM
03/25/15 10:06 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i think the patriarcas have 50 made members but being in a place with high italian population sure they have a large number of associates

Re: New US family [Re: TheKillingJoke] #834524
03/25/15 10:09 AM
03/25/15 10:09 AM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Good question British. Let me run down the list.

KC agreed to call it quits. Just a little bookmaking now. Defunct.
LA family was weak even in their peak years, sometimes so weak their rackets were defunct. Pete Milano wasn't afraid to order murders and collect street tax from bookies but for the past decade he was geriatric and now he's dead. Safe to say LA is dead.
Rockford's boss was a hitman for the Chicago Outfit and not really a leader of a family. Only "The Arm" thinks they are viable. Seriously fuck that guy and his legion of misinformation.
Buffalo has plenty of made members but the lack of indictments suggests they're not coming back anytime soon.
Bufalino and Pittsburgh are dead or have one member respectively and were ordered not to open their books YEARS ago.
Rochester had an opportunity when their membership was released from jail, yet they failed to start anything up. That's telling. How do you build something from nothing?

I have often thought about these questions but the fact that a defunct family has yet to be revived shows us that it is unlikely to happen. Can I rule it out? No. Surely there is someone dumb enough to do so but without a network of corrupt police, officials, and muscle they would be easy prey and shut down very quick. That, FBI's successful prosecution for the last few decades, RICO, and changing demographics are why it has not been attempted.

Interestingly, of note, near Pittsburgh there is a town called Penn Hills. A group of non-Italians started a robbery crew which they called the Penn Hills mafia. That's the only "new" family, and their behavior was pretty pathetic. In other words, white kids from the suburbs might go ahead and try it, but building Cosa Nostra out of nothing? Current conditions do not favor it. Not to mention, many of the famous mob families encourage their kids to stay away from the mob and left their children and grandchildren legitimate real estate to save them from the life. So the legacy died with a lot of bosses in the 60's and 70's. So yeah, who is going to continue the legacy?

DeCavalcante's looked to be on the comeback after Frank Guarraci took over. LOTS of new blood. But that new blood was stupid blood. Their capo wanted to whack out a rival with grenade-wielding 1%ers. Its clear that organization has fallen on hard times. I personally don't believe they will make a comeback, but their low-profile members will continue with bookmaking and shylocking. They have about 15-20 years left.

..I personally am in the minority on detroit. I say don't listen to people who say Detroit has made some incredible comeback. There would be a shred of evidence. A bit like Buffalo. They have members but have atrophied.

In reality, Patriarcas have the best hope. They are more active then they are getting credit for.

Re: New US family [Re: British] #834534
03/25/15 10:33 AM
03/25/15 10:33 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
There seems to be this notion that having a large Italian population means you should have a large family.

You guys are missing the point that being Italian doesn't make you a criminal, or an idiot, both of which you have to be to want to be in the Mafia in 2015.

Re: New US family [Re: pizzaboy] #834535
03/25/15 10:34 AM
03/25/15 10:34 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: British

No. The end.

^ This

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: New US family [Re: British] #834536
03/25/15 10:35 AM
03/25/15 10:35 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
I'm from New England. Italians in the suburbs are just another group of suburban white kids. In a suburban high school, you don't have like pockets of Italian kids running with each other. They mostly just consider themselves White. This isn't 1950.

Re: New US family [Re: mightyhealthy] #834537
03/25/15 10:45 AM
03/25/15 10:45 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
There seems to be this notion that having a large Italian population means you should have a large family.

You guys are missing the point that being Italian doesn't make you a criminal, or an idiot, both of which you have to be to want to be in the Mafia in 2015.

in all the place where there are a big population of southern italian there are mafia family more or less large... look at canada, australia, germany (dozens of ndrangheta cells) or northern italy, the greater turin and milan areas are litterally full of mafiosi

Re: New US family [Re: British] #834538
03/25/15 10:46 AM
03/25/15 10:46 AM
Great Britain
British Offline OP
Underboss
British  Offline OP
Underboss
Great Britain
Thank you for the responses, its much like I thought

British is best....
Re: New US family [Re: furio_from_naples] #834551
03/25/15 11:48 AM
03/25/15 11:48 AM
US~NY &WA
F
Facchia Offline
Button
Facchia  Offline
F
Button
US~NY &WA
The Colocuricos ran a couple of strip clubs. The old man is dead the Frank Jr. is broke. Frank Sr. was just a pimp with a mean streak

Re: New US family [Re: m2w] #834582
03/25/15 02:00 PM
03/25/15 02:00 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: m2w
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

in all the place where there are a big population of southern italian there are mafia family more or less large... look at canada, australia, germany (dozens of ndrangheta cells) or northern italy, the greater turin and milan areas are litterally full of mafiosi

The southern Italians here are assimilated. That's what you guys have to realize. They're just Americans now. Especially the new generation.

Re: New US family [Re: furio_from_naples] #834650
03/26/15 03:20 AM
03/26/15 03:20 AM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL

I'm not sure how this idea of Seattle having a "family" got started, but just because someone owns a gun and has a vowel at the end of his name, doesn't make him LCN.

Re: New US family [Re: mightyhealthy] #834686
03/26/15 08:31 AM
03/26/15 08:31 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
although southern italian are more or less assimilated in the states the mafia is still alive and strong a whole burough of ny (staten island) is about 40% italian, new jersey is about 25% italian so the mafia still has a pool to recruit members at least in ny,nj and other eastern areas

Re: New US family [Re: m2w] #834696
03/26/15 08:50 AM
03/26/15 08:50 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
although southern italian are more or less assimilated in the states the mafia is still alive and strong a whole burough of ny (staten island) is about 40% italian, new jersey is about 25% italian so the mafia still has a pool to recruit members at least in ny,nj and other eastern areas

@ m2w

It's been awhile, but I remember you as a quality poster. But you're giving Italian Americans way too much credit for being like their Italian and Sicilian counterparts. These kids are often fourth generation now. And every day that Italians are in America, they become another day removed from what goes on in Italy.

These kids don't know Sicilian history and they don't know Cosa Nostra. The best and the brightest in the Italian AMERICAN community are becoming professionals and legit business owners today. Doctors, lawyers, restaurant owners, etc. I mean, if you made it over here, what would you want for your kids?

And again, I'm talking about Italians in AMERICA. The mob will always be around in Southern Italy because it's part of the identity and the cultural fabric. The mob will last in America for awhile for the simple reason that criminal minded people will always be around. The motivation to jump into the life is entirely different, and that's why you can't compare the two groups today. The only thing they have in common in the 21st Century is Italian last names.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New US family [Re: pizzaboy] #834697
03/26/15 08:57 AM
03/26/15 08:57 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk

@ m2w

It's been awhile, but I remember you as a quality poster. But you're giving Italian Americans way too much credit for being like their Italian and Sicilian counterparts. These kids are often fourth generation now. And every day that Italians are in America, they become another day removed from what goes on in Italy.

These kids don't know Sicilian history and they don't know Cosa Nostra. The best and the brightest in the Italian AMERICAN community are becoming professionals and legit business owners today. Doctors, lawyers, restaurant owners, etc. I mean, if you made it over here, what would you want for your kids?

And again, I'm talking about Italians in AMERICA. The mob will always be around in Southern Italy because it's part of the identity and the cultural fabric. The mob will last in America for awhile for the simple reason that criminal minded people will always be around. The motivation to jump into the life is entirely different, and that's why you can't compare the two groups today. The only thing they have in common in the 21st Century is Italian last names.
PB , message me your new email address pal

Re: New US family [Re: domwoods74] #834699
03/26/15 08:59 AM
03/26/15 08:59 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: domwoods74

I'll do it on the other site later today. I don't want to keep my pm open here.

Re: New US family [Re: pizzaboy] #834700
03/26/15 09:02 AM
03/26/15 09:02 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk

thanks PB , or just email me then I've got it

Re: New US family [Re: pizzaboy] #834701
03/26/15 09:05 AM
03/26/15 09:05 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss

Could you please send it to me too, if you don't mind? I remember you said you were willing to discuss some mistakes in the Basciano book, I have kept it until these days, but soon will read it and there surely will be questions. Could you please also answer my yesterday's pm (I won't bother you anymore if you prefer not to comunicate through pm here, but, since it was open, I thought I might ask the question).

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 03/26/15 09:10 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: New US family [Re: British] #834702
03/26/15 09:09 AM
03/26/15 09:09 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
and more likely that the Ndrangheta, which is expanding throughout the world decide to settle in the US as the Sales at san francisco,the Piromallis in Philly or the schirippas in NY for example.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 03/26/15 09:09 AM.
Re: New US family [Re: furio_from_naples] #834703
03/26/15 09:13 AM
03/26/15 09:13 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
or the schirippas in NY for example.

Yup, the Schirripas are already out shaking down the Jersey port and buying stool softener for Uncle Junior grin.

Re: New US family [Re: pizzaboy] #834743
03/26/15 12:48 PM
03/26/15 12:48 PM
Great Britain
British Offline OP
Underboss
British  Offline OP
Underboss
Great Britain
Doubt many of them can even speak Italian..

British is best....
Re: New US family [Re: pizzaboy] #835135
03/29/15 01:38 AM
03/29/15 01:38 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
W
Walkner Offline
Button
Walkner  Offline
W
Button
Phoenix, Arizona

Hi Pizza, when do you think it started to change for the Americans?

Re: New US family [Re: TheKillingJoke] #835245
03/29/15 05:45 PM
03/29/15 05:45 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss

But one thing that strikes me on New England is that the entire region seems to have its own unique sort of culture, very different from that of New York, New Jersey, Philly, Chicago or Detroit. Both Italians and Irish seem to have blended into that kind of New England atmosphere.

I don't know about New England, but I think what you say applies to most places. Italian Americans are totally assimilated into American culture. There are very few actual Italian neighborhoods, none of us speak a word of Italian. And most of us that would identify as Italian probably are also Irish, if not also several other European ancestries.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull