GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 369 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,091
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
john alite/jimmy burkes son #832930
03/14/15 07:06 PM
03/14/15 07:06 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline OP
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline OP
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Listened to Alite on Cowheads show down in Tampa and I know hes generally full of shit but he says in passing he came up and did work with Jimmy Burke and his son..anyone have more info about this and or Burke's son?

Didnt know Jimmy had any kids involved in the mob..may nott be true im sure some of the knowledgeable posters on here can set the record straight, thanks fellas

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: mikeyballs211] #832933
03/14/15 07:16 PM
03/14/15 07:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Listened to Alite on Cowheads show down in Tampa and I know hes generally full of shit but he says in passing he came up and did work with Jimmy Burke and his son..anyone have more info about this and or Burke's son?

Didnt know Jimmy had any kids involved in the mob..may nott be true im sure some of the knowledgeable posters on here can set the record straight, thanks fellas

Frankie Burke got whacked in the late '80s. He was roughly Alite's age and from the same general area, so it's possible that they knew each other. But keep in mind that Alite was like 16 years old when they robbed Lufthansa. So if he starts giving "inside information" in that area, he's full of shit.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: mikeyballs211] #832934
03/14/15 07:21 PM
03/14/15 07:21 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline OP
acting associate
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Thanks for the response pb, appreciate the insight...do u know why frankie burke got whacked? Was he involed w his dads crew or was he mixed up in drugs? From what I heard Alite just mentioned the Burke connection in passing but I didnt read his book and from what reviews ive read I dont intend to

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: mikeyballs211] #832936
03/14/15 07:29 PM
03/14/15 07:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Thanks for the response pb, appreciate the insight...do u know why frankie burke got whacked? Was he involed w his dads crew or was he mixed up in drugs? From what I heard Alite just mentioned the Burke connection in passing but I didnt read his book and from what reviews ive read I dont intend to

The father raised all the kids to be criminals, including the girls. It's been speculated that Frankie may have had a hand in Lufthansa. If true, he was just another in a long list of guys who got killed as a result of that heist.

He was only about 18 at the time. But then again, being that the father was such a scumbag that he turned his children into criminals from when they were babies, anything is possible.

Real honorable guys, huh? Turning your teenage kids into killers and stick up men? rolleyes

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: pizzaboy] #832940
03/14/15 07:41 PM
03/14/15 07:41 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline OP
acting associate
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Wow again thanks pb I didnt know burke did that to all his kids, ur not kidding that he was a humongous fuckin scum bag..do u think the son had a hand in Luftansa? Seems awfully young for that but ud know better than me..what was he killed for?

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: mikeyballs211] #832944
03/14/15 07:53 PM
03/14/15 07:53 PM
J
janinstom Offline
Associate
janinstom  Offline
J
Associate

Former mobster John Alite
[url= http://cowheadtv.com/index.php?option=com_jusertube&view=lightbox&rid=24Y4NHDbyE4&yuser=CowheadTeeVee&auto=1&eh=540&ew=960&st=yes&height=600&width=980&srztb_iframe=true]http://cowheadtv.com/index.php?option=co...ztb_iframe=true[/url]

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: mikeyballs211] #832945
03/14/15 07:54 PM
03/14/15 07:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
He probably got killed because someone was paranoid from dope and in a bad mood. It didn't take much back then to begin with, especially with that crew. His father was already in jail at the time. No one to protect him. He should have gotten out of Dodge. But that's the life.

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: mikeyballs211] #832948
03/14/15 08:01 PM
03/14/15 08:01 PM
B
Benny3Balls Offline
Made Member
Benny3Balls  Offline
B
Made Member
This is from Alites book. He talks about Frankie Burke. But i don't know if it's accurate or not, could be total bullshit.

Jimmy the Gent also played a behind-the scenes role in the first homicide that Alite was directly involved in. Alite was a friend of Frankie Burke, Jimmy the Gent’s son. The Gottis wanted nothing to do with the Burkes, but Alite ignored Junior when he told him to stay away from Frankie. It was the same old song. “They’re scumbag drug dealers. Don’t bother with them.”

Alite would hang out with Frankie Burke at different bars and clubs when Junior wasn’t around. One night Frankie told him that from prison his father was trying to collect an old debt and that he, Frankie, was supposed to meet with two guys over in Brooklyn to settle up. He asked Alite to go along. “Frankie told me they owed his father a couple of hundred grand,” Alite said in retelling the story years later. “I took a ride with him to meet with these guys. It was over on Linden Boulevard in Brooklyn. It was nighttime. We pull up and these two guys get out of another car and come toward us. We get out of our car. There’s a guy behind the wheel of the other car, but he just sits there.” Alite said the two guys were Hispanic. He didn’t know many more details about them or the debt. He just knew that instead of settling up, they got confrontational. There were shouts and threats. Alite said he did what he was there for. “I pulled out a gun and started shooting,” he said. “Frankie did the same. The two guys went down. The guy behind the wheel of their car never moved. I think he might have been there to set them up. Frankie might have wanted to kill them all along. I don’t know. We just got back in our car and drove back to Queens. I never heard any more about it after that.”

A few months later, Frankie Burke got involved in a fight in a bar with a guy named Tito from the neighborhood. Tito shot and killed him. “This guy Tito owned a barbershop on 101st Street, near the clubhouse,” Alite said. “He and his brother were around a lot of people. The brother ran back to Italy after being involved in a murder.” After he heard what happened to Frankie Burke, Alite went to see Tito. “I told him, ‘Look, you better get out of here.’ I said, ‘I might be one of the guys they send to kill you,’” Alite said. “I knew Jimmy Burke would reach out to the Lucheses and they’d arrange for someone to take Tito out.” The barber told Alite he wasn’t going anywhere. “He just sat in his barber chair with his hands behind his head,” Alite recalled. “It was like he was waiting to die.” A few days later, two gunmen walked into the shop and fired nine shots into Tito’s head and body. He died where he sat.

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: Benny3Balls] #832951
03/14/15 08:07 PM
03/14/15 08:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Same age and neighborhood. It's possible. I haven't heard of a rat yet who lied about everything. Just keep in mind that Alite was only about 22 or 23 years old when Jimmy Burke was sent off to prison, never to return.

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: pizzaboy] #832963
03/15/15 03:27 AM
03/15/15 03:27 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
he named his sons frank and jessie like in the james bros.

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: Benny3Balls] #832965
03/15/15 04:43 AM
03/15/15 04:43 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Benny3Balls
This is from Alites book. He talks about Frankie Burke. But i don't know if it's accurate or not, could be total bullshit.

Jimmy the Gent also played a behind-the scenes role in the first homicide that Alite was directly involved in. Alite was a friend of Frankie Burke, Jimmy the Gent’s son. The Gottis wanted nothing to do with the Burkes, but Alite ignored Junior when he told him to stay away from Frankie. It was the same old song. “They’re scumbag drug dealers. Don’t bother with them.”

Alite would hang out with Frankie Burke at different bars and clubs when Junior wasn’t around. One night Frankie told him that from prison his father was trying to collect an old debt and that he, Frankie, was supposed to meet with two guys over in Brooklyn to settle up. He asked Alite to go along. “Frankie told me they owed his father a couple of hundred grand,” Alite said in retelling the story years later. “I took a ride with him to meet with these guys. It was over on Linden Boulevard in Brooklyn. It was nighttime. We pull up and these two guys get out of another car and come toward us. We get out of our car. There’s a guy behind the wheel of the other car, but he just sits there.” Alite said the two guys were Hispanic. He didn’t know many more details about them or the debt. He just knew that instead of settling up, they got confrontational. There were shouts and threats. Alite said he did what he was there for. “I pulled out a gun and started shooting,” he said. “Frankie did the same. The two guys went down. The guy behind the wheel of their car never moved. I think he might have been there to set them up. Frankie might have wanted to kill them all along. I don’t know. We just got back in our car and drove back to Queens. I never heard any more about it after that.”

A few months later, Frankie Burke got involved in a fight in a bar with a guy named Tito from the neighborhood. Tito shot and killed him. “This guy Tito owned a barbershop on 101st Street, near the clubhouse,” Alite said. “He and his brother were around a lot of people. The brother ran back to Italy after being involved in a murder.” After he heard what happened to Frankie Burke, Alite went to see Tito. “I told him, ‘Look, you better get out of here.’ I said, ‘I might be one of the guys they send to kill you,’” Alite said. “I knew Jimmy Burke would reach out to the Lucheses and they’d arrange for someone to take Tito out.” The barber told Alite he wasn’t going anywhere. “He just sat in his barber chair with his hands behind his head,” Alite recalled. “It was like he was waiting to die.” A few days later, two gunmen walked into the shop and fired nine shots into Tito’s head and body. He died where he sat.

I kind of call bullshit on this story. Burkes killer was a guy called tito ortiz and I've never seen any report of him being killed in retaliation. Also why would he go warn the guy about the hit and why would he think that the luchesses would farm the hit out to him. Both the burkes are dead so it seems like a filler/who gives a fuck sort of a story.

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: mikeyballs211] #832971
03/15/15 06:00 AM
03/15/15 06:00 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Lol @ gottis calling the burkes 'scumbag drug dealers'

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: Benny3Balls] #833035
03/15/15 12:50 PM
03/15/15 12:50 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest

im wondering why alite's story doesn't line up to the facts in this case, the man who killed Frankie burke was tried and convicted for the murder, and sent to prison.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: mikeyballs211] #833037
03/15/15 12:51 PM
03/15/15 12:51 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: Binnie_Coll] #833040
03/15/15 12:58 PM
03/15/15 12:58 PM
southphilly
S
sophilly Offline
Button
sophilly  Offline
S
Button
southphilly
your wondering why? hahah, cause he is a lying piece of shit maybe, I admit I read his book, heres what I learned...basically the toughest guy in new york, also toughest guy in any prison he stepped foot in, also smartest gangster ever, basically went into philly and took over bars/clubs, christmas tree corners..so respected that even though he ratted he is still loved and hangs with gangsters, so respected that at like age 22being non italian he went too an old school mafiso who dates back to carlo gambino era and told him he was knocked down...so see where I am going...dude is selling a book plain and simple

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: sophilly] #833043
03/15/15 01:02 PM
03/15/15 01:02 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: sophilly
your wondering why? hahah, cause he is a lying piece of shit maybe, I admit I read his book, heres what I learned...basically the toughest guy in new york, also toughest guy in any prison he stepped foot in, also smartest gangster ever, basically went into philly and took over bars/clubs, christmas tree corners..so respected that even though he ratted he is still loved and hangs with gangsters, so respected that at like age 22being non italian he went too an old school mafiso who dates back to carlo gambino era and told him he was knocked down...so see where I am going...dude is selling a book plain and simple

yup. you are right on. besides that, im so sick of all the gottis, I hope they all get theirs, even the sister Victoria.

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: Binnie_Coll] #833044
03/15/15 01:05 PM
03/15/15 01:05 PM
B
Benny3Balls Offline
Made Member
Benny3Balls  Offline
B
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Binnie that wiki says Ortiz was arrested and convicted but the NY Times story thats quoted there only says he was arrested.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/05/20/nyregi...gure-s-son.html

Does anyone know for a fact that Ortiz went to trial and was convicted of the murder. If he was then Alite is obviously full of shit.

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: Benny3Balls] #833045
03/15/15 01:11 PM
03/15/15 01:11 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Binnie that wiki says Ortiz was arrested and convicted but the article thats quoted there only says he was arrested.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/05/20/nyregi...gure-s-son.html

Does anyone know for a fact that Ortiz went to trial and was convicted of the murder. If he was then Alite is obviously full of shit.

you're right, the article I posted said he was only convicted, my mistake. however, alite says " a couple of days later after alite says he saw him he was murdered.

if he was murdered after he was convicted, then alites timeline is very confusing. because my link says he was arrested "and later convicted"

Re: john alite/jimmy burkes son [Re: mikeyballs211] #833050
03/15/15 01:36 PM
03/15/15 01:36 PM
B
Benny3Balls Offline
Made Member
Benny3Balls  Offline
B
Made Member
Another newspaper story on Ortiz's arrest for Frankie Burkes murder.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=12...pg=3001,1477788

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull