GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (JGil916, 1 invisible), 194 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,935
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,920
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Absurd thread: funniest hypothetical mafia family #832211
03/10/15 01:02 PM
03/10/15 01:02 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline OP
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline OP
D
Underboss
I remember there were threads where we combined gangsters from different times and families to form a hypothetical "strongest", "most violent", "least violent" etc family, who would have been its members. While maybe rather naive, I have been thinking about making a chart of a hypothetical family which would be the least violent and especially funniest, not to be taken seriously. However, it's difficult to find gangsters in any way "likeable", I chose only 5 (I will explain below why I chose them). However, a boss with underboss and consigliere and 2 capos aren't enough: no soldiers, no associates. Maybe anyone has suggestions whom to put on the chart? The gangster has either be funny, relatively inoffensive, stupid or inept: to sum it up, the most far possible from the concept of "evil criminal mastermind". So I put this up:

hostare immagini

The reasons of the choice:

1) Ciro Terranova: I just can't take this guy seriously or as a "bad guy" character after watching the "Artichoke king" episode of the 1959-1962 series "The Untouchables". There, he is just a fat funny man continuously abused by underlings who never can get out of trouble with both them and the law enforcement. He is constantly pushed around, and if tries to react, gets himself into more trouble.

2) Carlo Caputo: no mafia wars on his turf, the only noticeable thing about him is having served 1 month for tax evasion.

3) Harry Riccobene: He is Santa Claus (at least physically appears to be him), and killed only to defend himself (Frank Monte and the attempt on Salvatore Testa).

4) Jimmy Fratianno: I included him just because he look inoffenisve and argued about Sinatra disrespecting him in a funny way in the documentary series "Crime Inc"

5) Willie Marfeo: not a gangster, but a bookmaker, an extremely stupid man but with BIG balls: told Patriarca to shit in his hat when asked to pay protection money, slapped Henry Tameleo and after that continued to walk around like a king who got immunity from bullets.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 03/10/15 01:07 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Absurd thread: funniest hypothetical mafia family [Re: Dwalin2011] #832223
03/10/15 01:41 PM
03/10/15 01:41 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Uhm, Riccobene isn't to be taken seriously because he only killed to defend himself? Lol...The guy was made at the age of 18, was a huge earner in blue-collar traditional LCN rackets, like loan sharking & bookmaking, which in his day, sometimes required violence. Was a huge force in the methamphetamine trade in Philadelphia, another very violent business. Fought off Wayne Grande during an assassination attempt at the age of like, sixty eight. But he isn't to be taken seriously...

Untouchables was a television show, Terranova was long dead before that series even came into existence. Should we really believe that he was like that in real life?

Jimmy Fratianno is another guy who wouldn't think twice about putting two bullets in your head.

None of these guys were stupid, inept, or not dangerous.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/10/15 01:41 PM.
Re: Absurd thread: funniest hypothetical mafia family [Re: SinatraClub] #832224
03/10/15 01:43 PM
03/10/15 01:43 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline OP
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline OP
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Uhm, Riccobene isn't to be taken seriously because he only killed to defend himself? Lol...The guy was made at the age of 18, was a huge earner in blue-collar traditional LCN rackets, like loan sharking & bookmaking, which in his day, sometimes required violence. Was a huge force in the methamphetamine trade in Philadelphia, another very violent business. Fought off Wayne Grande during an assassination attempt at the age of like, sixty eight. But he isn't to be taken seriously...

Untouchables was a television show, Terranova was long dead before that series even came into existence. Should we really believe that he was like that in real life?

Jimmy Fratianno is another guy who wouldn't think twice about putting two bullets in your head.

None of these guys were stupid, inept, or not dangerous.

You are right, but compared to guys like Casso, Anastasia, Scarfo and DeStefano they were almost harmless.
But anyway, you saw I titled it "Absurd thread", it's just to take a laugh. If we REALLY try to find a "genuinely likeable" guy in the mafia, there will be none.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 03/10/15 01:44 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Absurd thread: funniest hypothetical mafia family [Re: Dwalin2011] #832232
03/10/15 02:41 PM
03/10/15 02:41 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
I must have missed the last thread like this. I like the concept. We should do one for family most likely to kill themselves off within a year. Stick Galante, scarfo, spilotro, casso, and a few other psychos in a family and see who's the last one standing when the rest kill each other off

Make that coffee to go

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull