GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 270 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,856
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. #831492
03/04/15 03:40 PM
03/04/15 03:40 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
did the speech by israli prime minister netanyhu undermine U.S. foreign policy? isn't it out of line for a world leader to attack U.S. foreign policy in front of the U.S. congress,

regardless what one thinks of the U.S. president, since when is it protocol to attack a sitting president and his secretary of state,

as much as the U.S.has done for the country of Israel wasn't this a slap in the face to all americans. you don't have to like Obama [I don't] to sense an underhanded move by the prime minister just because he didn't get his way.

does anyone agree with my assessement of this speech?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831502
03/04/15 05:14 PM
03/04/15 05:14 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
I agree. Such arrogance.Good luck finding any print or broadcast journalist to call him out for it though. Will get labeled anti-semitic. Prevents any honest discussion about Israel.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831513
03/04/15 06:24 PM
03/04/15 06:24 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
did the speech by israli prime minister netanyhu undermine U.S. foreign policy? isn't it out of line for a world leader to attack U.S. foreign policy in front of the U.S. congress,

regardless what one thinks of the U.S. president, since when is it protocol to attack a sitting president and his secretary of state,

as much as the U.S.has done for the country of Israel wasn't this a slap in the face to all americans. you don't have to like Obama [I don't] to sense an underhanded move by the prime minister just because he didn't get his way.

No, don't agree at all. Netenyahu and Israel are fighting for their very lives. If you listened to the speech and the content of what he said it should be obvious. Iran has and still does threatened to destroy Israel and all Jews. That's a fact. Iran has also been one of the world's largest sponsors of terrorism since 1979. Netenhayu as a right to make a case against a bad deal with Iran that could lead to it not only manufacturing nuclear weapons, but using them. He's also correct that Iran should be required to change its behavior BEFORE there's any deal. Finally, Israel is such a small country that one nuke could totally destroy it, whereas the U.S. and Iran could both survive nuclear attacks since they're so large. If I were in charge of Israel or any other threatened nation I would do everything I could for the survival of my people.

Forgot to mention that he thanked Obama and Kerry and spoke respectfully of both of them. He did not attack them even once.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Faithful1] #831516
03/04/15 06:32 PM
03/04/15 06:32 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@F1

followed the story briefly. I get the impression that it's as much about scoring political points back home as it is about "fighting for the survival of Israel"

Election is coming up for him, right?

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: getthesenets] #831518
03/04/15 07:24 PM
03/04/15 07:24 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
I agree. Such arrogance.Good luck finding any print or broadcast journalist to call him out for it though. Will get labeled anti-semitic. Prevents any honest discussion about Israel.

What is the "honest discussion" about Israel?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831520
03/04/15 08:00 PM
03/04/15 08:00 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Israel to me is a mixed bag.

I support them to exist as a nation obviously, as millions of radical Muslims want them dead or hate them. They have to fight and stand tough because as my friend once told me 'if we stand down, we get destroyed'

Many people who survived the Holocaust and those descended from them, won't take the chance that they'll get annihilated again and I don't blame them. That being said let's not pretend that Israel has always been scrupulous in their dealings with the Palestinians (the most miserable fucking people on the planet) or other Muslims. It's the attitude within the Jewish community of self defense and protection that causes this. I agree with Netenyahu on this important point though- Iran and the Arab world has to change before any Nuclear disarmament talks can continue.

Netenyahu is a tough cookie and can be a real bastard. Especially when he says he speaks for all Jews, I know Feinstein didn't take kindly to that. I didn't find him offensive in his speech, but the man himself isn't easy to get along with

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Turnbull] #831526
03/04/15 08:24 PM
03/04/15 08:24 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Honest discussion is where individuals are allowed to express their opinions about individual jews, israelis, Israeli policies, without instantly being labeled anti-semites.

American media is disproportionately controlled by jews, and those working in those industries have to play politics or face repercussions.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831527
03/04/15 08:26 PM
03/04/15 08:26 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
If I could Vote for Him, he would have my Vote.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: getthesenets] #831532
03/04/15 08:59 PM
03/04/15 08:59 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest

Honest discussion is where individuals are allowed to express their opinions about individual jews, israelis, Israeli policies, without instantly being labeled anti-semites.

American media is disproportionately controlled by jews, and those working in those industries have to play politics or face repercussions.

im not going to say they don't have a right to exist, however the way they treat the palestians is certainly worth a discussion about their tactics.

and because someone disagrees with Israel about their policies or their foreign aid, they should not be labled anti-Semitic, that is indeed wrong. it limits debate to be slurred as anti-semtic.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: getthesenets] #831535
03/04/15 09:44 PM
03/04/15 09:44 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

It's true that most of the people who run Hollywood are Jews, but that doesn't mean that they're Zionists who are pro-Israel. Noam Chomsky is Jewish by birth too, but tends to side with anyone who isn't on Israel's side. As for the antisemitism accusation, I think it depends how far people take it. When they take it to controlling America or the world, that's crazy conspiracy talk that probably is antisemitic.

At the same time we could say that Hollywood is controlled by Ivy Leaguers since many are grabbed from Harvard and Yale. Even more accurate would be to say that the Left-wing controls Hollywood since there is a very McCarthyite-like treatment of those who don't toe that political line (with some exceptions).

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831536
03/04/15 09:51 PM
03/04/15 09:51 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

im not going to say they don't have a right to exist, however the way they treat the palestians is certainly worth a discussion about their tactics.

and because someone disagrees with Israel about their policies or their foreign aid, they should not be labled anti-Semitic, that is indeed wrong. it limits debate to be slurred as anti-semtic.

What's the specific issue with how they treat Palestinians? You do know that before Israel fought back during the last skirmish that Hamas had been shooting rockets/missiles into civilian areas of Israel for a month? You also do know that the Gaza Strip is controlled by Hamas, and that Hamas is a recognized terrorist group that's part of the Muslim Brotherhood and has the destruction of Israel in its charter? Do you also know that before Israel targets a building, whether a home or a business, that it will call first with a warning before bombing to minimize civilian casualties (tell me what other country in the world does that?)?

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831539
03/04/15 09:57 PM
03/04/15 09:57 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand

Completely agree Binnie and Getthe, I have never been a fan of Israel or their tactics, and whatever is said about Obama, the speech and set up by Netanyhu was completely undermining. The only country in the Middle-East I have time for at them moment is Jordan, who actually have fairly decent relations with Israel.
It is so true also that any negative opinion you have towards Israel you are labelled anti-semitic, America, and my birth country Britain I feel favour Israel far too much.
With Palestine, what seems to happen in my eyes is, Palestine will kill a few Israel's which of course is wrong, but in retaliation Israel will kill hundreds of Palestinians.
However I have sympathy that they share borders with neighbours hostile to them and Jews, so it really is a tough situation.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Faithful1] #831540
03/04/15 10:40 PM
03/04/15 10:40 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

What's the specific issue with how they treat Palestinians? You do know that before Israel fought back during the last skirmish that Hamas had been shooting rockets/missiles into civilian areas of Israel for a month? You also do know that the Gaza Strip is controlled by Hamas, and that Hamas is a recognized terrorist group that's part of the Muslim Brotherhood and has the destruction of Israel in its charter? Do you also know that before Israel targets a building, whether a home or a business, that it will call first with a warning before bombing to minimize civilian casualties (tell me what other country in the world does that?)?

im never going to defend hamas or any terrorist group, but, Israel defends their occupation by never admitting that they are wrong.

I just feel that what Israel does to the palestinians does nothing to help the peace process in that region.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831543
03/04/15 11:08 PM
03/04/15 11:08 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Binnie, can you name a SPECIFIC incident where they did something wrong? What would you like Israel to do with a group dedicated to kill them? Is Israel just supposed to stand by and do nothing while Hamas fires rockets on them? To me, that's not peace.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Faithful1] #831556
03/05/15 03:56 AM
03/05/15 03:56 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@F1,

I'm just saying that any individual, group, or country can be criticized. Nobody is above reproach.In my lifetime I've just noticed a continuous pattern where members of certain ethnic groups are allowed to be openly mocked, and others aren't. Members of certain faiths and beliefs are allowed to be openly mocked, and others aren't. Certain interests get more airtime than others.

Unfortunately, this year for example, some idiots are going to desecrate houses of worship like they do every year.A catholic church is going to be vandalized and a synagogue will be hit by vandals too. Note the emphasis of the coverage about the synagogue, which will without fail be greater than the story about the church, even though the history of anti catholic bigotry and prejudice in this country is longer and more violent than the legacy of anti jewish bigotry.

This disparity and others don't make sense from journalistic standpoint.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831607
03/05/15 10:43 AM
03/05/15 10:43 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
@gets - agreed that no one is above reproach, but in my personal opinion people's beliefs shouldn't be mocked. Criticism is one thing, but to make fun of someone's sincerely held beliefs at the very least create bad feelings and at worst can have serious consequences depending on the religion that's being mocked. I think it's better all around if people are treated with respect and that criticism be given in a fair and respectful manner.

Obviously there's no excuse for vandalism.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831609
03/05/15 10:56 AM
03/05/15 10:56 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

Did you actually listen to his speach? Or just get the liberal spin put on what they said he said in that speech?

I actually listened to it and he did not say that.

only the unloved hate
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831610
03/05/15 11:00 AM
03/05/15 11:00 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

As bad as my Daddio was he was no fucking pussy. He was just an abusive husband and father who should never have had children.

Last edited by SC; 03/06/15 02:42 PM. Reason: To delete religious epithet.

only the unloved hate
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831611
03/05/15 11:03 AM
03/05/15 11:03 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Funny on the interpretation the liberal Democrates gave to the content of his speech it was practically identicle to what each other said.

Which means to me they were told exactly what to say so to keep their bull shit lies on point.

only the unloved hate
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831613
03/05/15 11:24 AM
03/05/15 11:24 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
NBC News anchor Ann Curry interviewed the Foreign Minister of Iran who tried to dodge the question about Iran's Supreme Leader sending out a tweet saying Israel is to be annihilated:

http://www.breitbart.com/national-securi...bc-buries-lede/

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831620
03/05/15 12:26 PM
03/05/15 12:26 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Netanyahu was absolutely right to give that speech. And everything he said was right on. Would to God we in the U.S. had a real leader like that instead of the spineless, Godless, lib we have in the White House right now. And no shock that so many Democrats didn't attend the speech. They and the rest of the liberal moral relativst crowd have never been friends to Israel. Obama and his buddies didn't like it because they know the shoe fits.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/05/15 12:28 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: getthesenets] #831663
03/05/15 05:42 PM
03/05/15 05:42 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

What are the "repercussions"?

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Turnbull] #831671
03/05/15 08:29 PM
03/05/15 08:29 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

What are the "repercussions"?

ask former cnn anchor rick sanchez

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: getthesenets] #831673
03/05/15 09:52 PM
03/05/15 09:52 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Former CNN anchor Rick Sanchez is now a commentator on Fox News Latino and Fox News, as well as Mundo Fox, and also has an a-m radio program in South Florida. I guess those are media that aren't controlled by "the Jews."

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831675
03/05/15 10:35 PM
03/05/15 10:35 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Sanchez made one stupid comment after another and eventually he was let go for it. The Jon Stewart thing was just the last example of him putting both feet in his mouth. In fact he had a "protector" at CNN named Jonathan Klein (a Jew) who was let go a week before Sanchez was. Stewart didn't think what Sanchez said was a big deal and said he shouldn't have been fired for it, but like I said, Sanchez was a liability because he couldn't control his mouth.

Anyway, he went on an apology tour to rehabilitate his name and went on to work for Fox Latino and got a radio show in Florida, so he's not doing so bad. All was forgiven, he learned from his mistakes, and one of his best amigos is Abraham Foxman, the head of the ADL, so his repercussions turned out pretty well for him.

A final note, Jonathan Klein was the president of CNN, but his boss was a non-Jew named Jim Walton who was president of CNN Worldwide. It was Walton who put both Klein and Sanchez out, so that kind of puts the lie to the Jewish-controlled media conspiracy.

The reason for the firings came down to ratings. Klein put on one liberal/left-wing host after another while Walton wanted it to be middle-of-the-road and non-partisan, sort in-between Fox and MSNBC. Klein even canceled a long-time staple of CNN, Firing Line. Klein, and Sanchez, both overstayed their welcome.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Footreads] #831679
03/05/15 11:04 PM
03/05/15 11:04 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Footreads
As bad as my Daddio was he was no fucking pussy. He was just an abusive husband and father who should never have had children.

Agreed, sure wish he didn't have kids.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #831689
03/06/15 03:10 AM
03/06/15 03:10 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I found this by accident.

The show in living color. They introduce the cast in the second season. Jennifer lopezl was a fly girl. Even a future Oscar winner was introduced.

They did a bit on west side story. It was called crown heights story after the riot.

Could this bit ever be put on tv today? I doubt it but it was funny man.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/AlTHbUrP_gE

only the unloved hate
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: Turnbull] #831693
03/06/15 04:38 AM
03/06/15 04:38 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Former CNN anchor Rick Sanchez is now a commentator on Fox News Latino and Fox News, as well as Mundo Fox, and also has an a-m radio program in South Florida. I guess those are media that aren't controlled by "the Jews."

nuff said

and what Sanchez said, regarding a personal feud with Jon Stewart, was

Rick Sanchez: I don't think it's a conscious thing. I just think it's important that people who are not minorities understand that those of us who are – and very few of us will say the things that I just said – are actually more complex than they think we are.

Pete Dominick: [Jon] Stewart's a minority as much as you are. He's Jewish.

Sanchez: Yeah. Yeah. Very powerless people. Please. What are you, kidding?

Dominick: You're telling me that....

Sanchez: I'm telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart. And to imply that somehow they – the people in this country who are Jewish – are an oppressed minority? Yeah.

The interview was on Sept. 30....Sanchez was fired on Oct. 1

Last edited by getthesenets; 03/06/15 04:45 AM.
Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: getthesenets] #831696
03/06/15 06:16 AM
03/06/15 06:16 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2013/08/16/university-michigan-rescinds-invitation-alice-walker

Pulitzer wining author Alice Walker dis-invited from U. of Michigan event because of her comments about Israel/Palestine conflict.

Re: israels prime minister netanyhu"s speech. [Re: getthesenets] #831697
03/06/15 06:28 AM
03/06/15 06:28 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@F1, Turn, everybody

If I personally offended ANYBODY with my words or my views I have to apologize. People write their views on this forum and outside of slurs or obvious trolling I don't have a problem with anything I've ever read on this forum about Blacks or "the Blacks". It's America and people are entitled to have their opinions. If anything,I welcome some of the comments as an opportunity to educate or inform people about topics that they may not know about. I welcome anybody to correct or educate me about topics that I am off base or misinformed about.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull