GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 195 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,933
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,917
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
3 headed monster running the philly mob? #829151
02/18/15 06:19 AM
02/18/15 06:19 AM
W
Wilson101 Offline OP
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline OP
W
Underboss
WILLIAM BENDER, DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER BENDERW@PHILLYNEWS.COM, 215-854-5255
POSTED: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 12:16 AM
image: http://media.philly.com/designimages/partnerIcon-DailyNews-2014.jpg

WHO'S really in charge of the Philly mob?

For the past few years, the answer might've depended on where you looked or whom you asked.

Prosecutors. FBI agents. Street word. Underworld informants. Beat cops. Wiretapped conversations. Gamblers. Defense attorneys who will look you in the eye and swear that the Mafia ain't real.

Some say Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi, 75, still runs the show. The low-key acting boss returned to Packer Park a year ago after spending 32 months in federal custody through two racketeering trials on a 2011 indictment. He survived both trials. Survival is Ligambi's strong suit.

MORE COVERAGE
Who's running Philly mob?
Mastronardo gets 20 months in prison
Others say that 1990s-era boss Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino is the ultimate shot-caller and continues to exert influence from Florida - when he's not posing for Instagram photos on the beach or schmoozing with diners at his swanky Italian restaurant in Boca Raton.

Or maybe Merlino, 52, currently on a four-month "vacation" at a Miami prison, delegated power to his South Philadelphia allies because the terms of his probation had barred him from associating with known felons.

Now, a new picture of the Philly mob hierarchy is emerging. Law-enforcement officials believe that the crime family's current boss is actually more of a committee - a three-headed mobster, if you will - consisting of Steve Mazzone, John "Johnny Chang" Ciancaglini and Philip Narducci.

Ligambi, wary of getting indicted again and dying in jail, is said to be semiretired, serving in a capacity similar to consigliere, or high-ranking adviser.

It's a somewhat unusual, and possibly volatile, power-sharing arrangement. These triumvirates don't usually end well. Check your Roman history.

Who are these guys?

Mazzone and Ciancaglini are both Merlino allies who were convicted of racketeering alongside Merlino in 2001.

Mazzone, 50, was released from prison in 2009. He said at a probation-violation hearing the following year that he had been working as a trainer in a South Philly gym. He reputedly served as underboss to Merlino in the 1990s.

Ciancaglini, 59, a former soldier in Merlino's crew, more recently ran a newsstand on Packer Avenue outside Chickie's & Pete's. Ciancaglini and Merlino were spotted together in June at Havana Nights Cigar Bar & Lounge, in Boca Raton.

Narducci, 52, is more complicated. He's a former member of Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo's crew who has spent half his life in prison and has been described by both law-enforcement and underworld sources as a cold-blooded gangster unlikely to take orders from Merlino or his associates.

"He's a stone killer. He's a real tough guy and won't put up with any s---," said Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti, Scarfo's nephew who served as his underboss in the 1980s.

Scarfo ordered the 1982 murder of Narducci's father, mob captain Frank "Chickie" Narducci Sr., in response to the father's role in the nail-bomb hit of mob boss Philip "Chicken Man" Testa.

Philip Narducci somehow took it all in stride, Leonetti said.

"We did kill his father and we told him that. We told him that's what happens and he understood it," Leonetti said of Narducci.

Narducci even went to work for Scarfo. Or, as one law-enforcement official recently put it, "He killed guys for the guy that killed his father."

Narducci, whose family runs Philip's Steaks (damn good cheesesteak, by the way) on West Passyunk Avenue, was convicted in the 1985 mob hit of bookmaker Frank "Frankie Flowers" D'Alfonso. That conviction later was overturned, but he stayed in prison until 2012 following his 1989 conviction on separate federal charges.

At his sentencing that year, federal prosecutors said that Narducci shot Joseph Salerno Sr., the father of a murder witness, in 1982; helped kill mob associate Salvatore Tamburrino in front of his mother in 1983, and took part in the beating of an extortion victim who refused to pay up, among other crimes.

U.S. District Judge Franklin Van Antwerpen handed Narducci the maximum 40-year sentence. "The picture that I get is that of a violent person," Antwerpen said.

Narducci did not respond to requests for comment, but mob lawyer Joseph Santaguida, who has represented the family in the past, insisted last week that Narducci has not returned to his old ways.

"It's a disgrace what they're saying. Something about three people running the mob," Santaguida said. "He just got married. He's got a good business. He doesn't need any of that. He's not involved in anything."

"If you believe that, you believe in Santa Claus. I got a bridge to sell you," said Stephen LaPenta, a retired Philadelphia police lieutenant and former organized-crime investigator in New Jersey. "Sons follow in their fathers' footsteps in 'this thing of theirs,' La Cosa Nostra."

Leonetti, author of Mafia Prince, a book about his life in the mob, said he also doubts that Narducci has gone legit after 25 years in prison. His book includes a passage about how Narducci, at age 19, shot Salerno Sr. in the neck when he opened the door of his Wildwood Crest hotel.

"I think after doing all that time he feels he's owed something, that money on the street," Leonetti said of Narducci. "He's part of the family. He kept his mouth shut."

David Fritchey, chief of the Organized Crime Strike Force in the U.S. Attorney's Office in Philadelphia, declined to comment on the apparent shift in mob leadership.

Tough road ahead

It's no secret that the Philadelphia mob isn't raking in stacks of cash as in the glory days, but law-enforcement officials say it remains a viable criminal organization that generates illegal revenue through bookmaking, loan-sharking and good-old shakedowns.

"They're still in business," a law-enforcement official said. "They haven't gone straight."

But with members of Scarfo's crew and Merlino's crew both rejoining the ranks, more gangsters could be fighting for less cash, setting up possible clashes between those factions - and even within them.

LaPenta said that returning members might make trouble if they overreach or feel slighted. Most of them, he said, "have the intellectual capacity of an agave plant."

Ligambi's nephew, onetime consigliere George Borgesi, 51, was released last year after doing 14 years in prison and beating the latest indictment. Marty Angelina, 52, a mob soldier who allegedly tried to muscle in on Borgesi's gambling and loan-sharking turf while Borgesi was jailed, is in a halfway house and will be out soon.

That could be a problem. Both were convicted alongside Merlino in 2001, but both are also notorious hotheads.

Some law-enforcement officials believe that Borgesi might have been behind Louis "Bent Finger Lou" Monacello's unsuccessful attempt in 2008 to hire someone to have Angelina "beat up really bad" - a conversation that was picked up by an informant wearing a body wire. Monacello, who later become a government witness, was handling Borgesi's mob business while Borgesi was incarcerated.

"That's going to be interesting," a law-enforcement official said of the Borgesi-Angelina situation.

Then there are Narducci and the old-school Scarfo soldiers like Joe "Joey Punge" Pungitore. Some of them have a bad history with Merlino.

"Joey Pungitore hates Merlino. He hates his guts," Leonetti said. "Merlino robbed Pungitore's house while his mother was asleep on the couch. All her jewelry was gone. Pungitore told me that himself."

In less than three months, Merlino will exit the federal detention center in Miami and be beyond the government's reach for the first time since 1999. No probation officer, no restrictions on where he can travel or with whom he can associate.

"We won't know where Merlino is laying his head after he gets released. He can walk out of prison and walk into a car and where he goes no one knows," a law-enforcement official said. "He'll be back, without a doubt."

An ex-associate of the Philadelphia mob who spoke with the Daily News on the condition of anonymity (for obvious reasons) said he fully expects Merlino to get back into the game, even if the playing field in Philadelphia has shrunk.

"It's kind of like a sickness. You can have everything in the world going for you, but for some reason everyone wants to keep coming back here, where they know everyone and everyone knows them," the former associate said. "Who the hell wants to come back here? It don't make sense."

Merlino, who was slapped with the latest four-month prison term after he was caught associating with Ciancaglini in June, has insisted that he's focused solely on working as the maitre d' at the new Florida restaurant bearing his family name. They serve dishes inspired by his mother, Rita.

He says he has no plans to return to Philly.

"I need a vacation after working so hard at the best restaurant in Florida, Merlino's Restaurant," he texted last month before reporting to the Miami prison.

There are also rumors that the feds are trying to build a new case against Merlino, but it's unclear how far along the investigation is, or whether it will result in an indictment.

When a federal prosecutor recently claimed that Merlino is still an active mafioso, Merlino responded: "The guy's mental."

People have been saying for years that the Philly mob is dead or dying. The question now is whether the next boss proves to be a doctor or an undertaker.

"I think it's kind of seen its day and gone. Nobody is lighting the world on fire. I don't see anyone with a significant amount of money," the former mob associate said.

"Not bigger than U.S. Steel," he said, chuckling at the quote from "The Godfather: Part II."

"That's for sure."

On Twitter: @wbender99

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201502...1z0g8u7bIJGs.99

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829154
02/18/15 06:33 AM
02/18/15 06:33 AM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Yea I just got the Philly paper. Mazzone Johnny Chang and narducci are on the front cover. Good article. Gonna be interesting when Merlino gets out to see if he goes right back to his old ways. No more restrictions.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829156
02/18/15 06:38 AM
02/18/15 06:38 AM
W
Wilson101 Offline OP
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline OP
W
Underboss
I'm putting in a new bathroom right around 17th and Oregon today, wonder if I'll see anyone. Phil's for lunch? Lol. They do have the best steaks around that area

Last edited by VegasMikey; 02/18/15 06:38 AM.
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829159
02/18/15 07:10 AM
02/18/15 07:10 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
The 3 man panel is defo a move to placate narducci . I've said from day one that he ain't scared of anyone especially merlino , mazzone and ciancaglini who were street corner punks wen he was whacking people for scarfo

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829165
02/18/15 08:05 AM
02/18/15 08:05 AM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Yes I agree. ^^^^

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: domwoods74] #829168
02/18/15 08:16 AM
02/18/15 08:16 AM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
The 3 man panel is defo a move to placate narducci . I've said from day one that he ain't scared of anyone especially merlino , mazzone and ciancaglini who were street corner punks wen he was whacking people for scarfo

Hey, keep your friends close and your enemies closer, smart move on Skinny's part if you ask me. Someone else for the Feds to chase around in the middle of the night and maybe they have come to a reasonable;e understanding for the future..

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829175
02/18/15 09:21 AM
02/18/15 09:21 AM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
So did this guy read Scott's article before he wrote his own? Sure seems like it.

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: domwoods74] #829179
02/18/15 09:44 AM
02/18/15 09:44 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
cannot agree more Dom.There is great hatred for Skinny with the guys a little older than him on up.The guys that we're loyal too skinny where his friends" not mob guys.Mob guys got put away or layed low after sr.got put away.This is what all this jr. taking over was all about.Time will tell if they come out to play...

Last edited by Serpiente; 02/18/15 05:23 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829221
02/18/15 02:20 PM
02/18/15 02:20 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline OP
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline OP
W
Underboss
Just got home. Saw a couple neighborhood guys around 17th and Shunk. No Phil's for lunch, had some soup and a turkey sandwich instead.

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: mike68] #829222
02/18/15 02:22 PM
02/18/15 02:22 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline OP
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline OP
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mike68
So did this guy read Scott's article before he wrote his own? Sure seems like it.

Could be, a more likely scenario is he had the same or similar sources. Everything stated is pretty much common knowledge on the street out here.

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829224
02/18/15 02:34 PM
02/18/15 02:34 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
This fam has more captains and administration guys that soldiers on the street it seems like. Wonder if we are witnessing a mini resurgence of Philly after the disastrous 90s.

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: mightyhealthy] #829232
02/18/15 04:17 PM
02/18/15 04:17 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
This fam has more captains and administration guys that soldiers on the street it seems like. Wonder if we are witnessing a mini resurgence of Philly after the disastrous 90s.

Like a perfect storm of all the players on the street at the same time with different interests....tons of business opportunities going on in Philly now a days and in s philly and the legitimate ones like real estate are going through the roof in e passyunk area of s philly...they could do legitimate business and make way more than those nickles and dimes they were squeezing

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829233
02/18/15 04:30 PM
02/18/15 04:30 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

"It's a somewhat unusual, and possibly volatile, power-sharing arrangement. These triumvirates don't usually end well. Check your Roman history."

It IS "somewhat usual", not "normally volitale", and where it has been used DOESN'T "usually end poorly". These beat writers suck. People like to hate on George Anastasia but at least he knew his LCN history enough not to misspeak just for the sake of filling the page. This paragraph is complete fabrication and incorrect conjecture

CC: Lucchese, Genovese, DeCavalcante Families.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829235
02/18/15 04:56 PM
02/18/15 04:56 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline OP
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline OP
W
Underboss
It is not usual for philly, also different guys from different eras. I'm not defending anyone here but even what you quoted "normally volatile" is not what was written. It clearly says "possibly volatile". Just to reiterate I am not defending this writer, but it is an unusual situation for philly, and based on what history has shown us so far, "possibly volatile" is not a huge reach here.

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829236
02/18/15 05:06 PM
02/18/15 05:06 PM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
I don't understand how Phil Narducci can supposedly have all this hatred for Merlino yet get along with them to the point that he's running this supposed "triumvirate" with Merlino guys, one of which (Johnny Chang) he supposedly has a serious beef with? I've got to imagine that smart money is on one of these two factions vying for a sole spot. I just can't see this lasting harmoniously for years to come. I think Merlino is staying in FL for a reason... He doesn't want to get popped which I think is s real possibility if he comes back to Philly... I didn't know that little tidbit about him robbing Joey Pung's own mother...

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829244
02/18/15 06:14 PM
02/18/15 06:14 PM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
I'm not doubting anyone of these authors.

I just see it that the whole Philip Narducci power grab is very convenient. His dad was supposedly power hungry; he did a ton of time. Of course he feels entitled. But, he's wise to the risk of being the lightning rod in Philly.

Next - Is Johnny Chang on the panel because his dad just got out, and they deserve some power? Convenient spin.

Something may be going on if Nicodemo stood up, and all these guys are coming back around. But, I'm not sure any real drama right now. If there's gonna be any shenanigans, it will be when skinny hits the streets.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: NickyWhip] #829256
02/18/15 07:10 PM
02/18/15 07:10 PM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
Nicky Whip very fair... That makes a lot of sense to me actually....

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829261
02/18/15 07:25 PM
02/18/15 07:25 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
I just don't see any evidence (other than Philly mob of 1980's-1990's)that confirms what he is inferring, which is that another LCN war potentially looms on the horizon.

Many of these guys must look back at the 80s and 90s faction war idiocy and think to themselves, "wow, that was stupid". I would be absolutely shocked to see any power struggle in Philly mob in 2015.

It just struck me as sensationalist, and I've seen it from far too many Inquirer beat writers in recent years.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829313
02/19/15 07:32 AM
02/19/15 07:32 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Sensationalist is a good description. I don't doubt these reporters have inside sources. But who knows what's true and what's embellished to sell print?

It's quite possible that there is friction amongst guys. And, there could be a ruling panel in order to keep the peace.

You can say that Chickie Chang and Johnny are plotting against Skinny and anyone else who hit Joey Chang back in the day. It's plausible since horsehead and a few others made it known that Merlino and crew were behind that.

Point being, You can find a connection to any scenario and make it possible. But, is it really going to happen?? No one can answer that.

IF, and no one has any idea about this, BUT, IF anyone is gonna make a move, it makes the most sense that it's when Merlino gets out of jail. He is a source resentment for some guys, AND a Leader for others.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829332
02/19/15 09:24 AM
02/19/15 09:24 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

does joey have any blood family in the philly mob. like all the scarfo guys have brothers, dads uncles active. hes dad and uncle are dead. read his cousins are legit. usally if you got family members you hold more weight.

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: NickyWhip] #829333
02/19/15 09:30 AM
02/19/15 09:30 AM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
Sensationalist is a good description. I don't doubt these reporters have inside sources. But who knows what's true and what's embellished to sell print?

It's quite possible that there is friction amongst guys. And, there could be a ruling panel in order to keep the peace.

You can say that Chickie Chang and Johnny are plotting against Skinny and anyone else who hit Joey Chang back in the day. It's plausible since horsehead and a few others made it known that Merlino and crew were behind that.

Point being, You can find a connection to any scenario and make it possible. But, is it really going to happen?? No one can answer that.

IF, and no one has any idea about this, BUT, IF anyone is gonna make a move, it makes the most sense that it's when Merlino gets out of jail. He is a source resentment for some guys, AND a Leader for others.

I mean that's where I was going here. But I just don't see a power struggle. Uncle Joe proved that "make money, not headlines" works. And honestly, I'm not sure if I buy this whole "not enough cash to go around" thing. I'm sure half the youngsters (guys under 50) are fronting start up money for dope dealers, book, shy… there aren't THAT many mouths to feed. Then again, maybe I'm wrong...

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829335
02/19/15 09:36 AM
02/19/15 09:36 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Surely they're not stupid enough to start another war, it would more then likely destroy what's left of the family.

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: TommyGambino] #829337
02/19/15 09:38 AM
02/19/15 09:38 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Surely they're not stupid enough to start another war, it would more then likely destroy what's left of the family.

Exactly my contention Tommy.

But then again you have to factor in the smarts of guys like Nicodemo sooooo....

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: pmac] #829338
02/19/15 09:41 AM
02/19/15 09:41 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
No. Just his Dad and uncle Yogi, both dead, both brought in by Scarfo. Mazzone is the 1st generation in his family too. Chang has his dad, who was made under Bruno. Scarfo goes back before Bruno i think. Uncle Joe brought in by Chuckie in the 80s.

Down in Philly/ South Jersey Chickie Chang may be the las of the guys brought in by someone besides Testa/Scarfo or Stanfa/Merlino regime. Scoops and Norht Jersey guys, I dunno.

Originally Posted By: pmac
does joey have any blood family in the philly mob. like all the scarfo guys have brothers, dads uncles active. hes dad and uncle are dead. read his cousins are legit. usally if you got family members you hold more weight.

Last edited by NickyWhip; 02/19/15 09:42 AM.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829343
02/19/15 10:24 AM
02/19/15 10:24 AM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
Things seem to be very crowded in the Philly streets but no violence at all tells me that the Philly mob must be pretty strong if 3 guys are willing to power share without any problems. After the 3 heads (Chang, Narducci and Mazzone) you got the 2nd tier of Chang Sr, Borgesi, and Uncle Joe and Merlino all 7 guys who can all claim validly to be boss coexisting proves we under estimated the money still out there.

I wonder also for a majority of them if perhaps being a mobster is a 2nd job. Many of them like Narducci have hearty legit income, many are involved in real estate now, house flipping, partners in contracting and some are married to successful women also. I remeber having a legit job on the books was something Uncle Joe stressed to everyone back when he was in charge as well.

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #829345
02/19/15 10:38 AM
02/19/15 10:38 AM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever

I wonder also for a majority of them if perhaps being a mobster is a 2nd job. Many of them like Narducci have hearty legit income, many are involved in real estate now, house flipping, partners in contracting and some are married to successful women also. I remeber having a legit job on the books was something Uncle Joe stressed to everyone back when he was in charge as well.

I almost mentioned this, too! I know a few full time bookies. A friend and some clients at our firm, etc. One of the latter is "connected" elsewhere (as far as I'll go there). They all hold full time jobs. It's not like loan sharking and bookmaking is a time consuming task. I'll agree that "the old days" are gone. But I think think they could be gone in that, no longer can you sit on your ass all day and just live easy 24/7. I mean, a supplemental $xx,xxx a year seems sufficient enough to me.

If you're a skipper, obviously that's another story altogether.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829506
02/19/15 09:38 PM
02/19/15 09:38 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline OP
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline OP
W
Underboss
When you are a bookie who kicks up money and/ or is funded by somebody, it's a lot more at stake then supplemental income. Book making is actually a very time consuming task, especially when you have a large package (no homo).

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829541
02/20/15 07:05 AM
02/20/15 07:05 AM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
When you are a bookie who kicks up money and/ or is funded by somebody, it's a lot more at stake then supplemental income. Book making is actually a very time consuming task, especially when you have a large package (no homo).

I'd rather have a large package than a large book.

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829546
02/20/15 07:24 AM
02/20/15 07:24 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
crash you practicing your standup routine on the message boards...get a twitter account...

Re: 3 headed monster running the philly mob? [Re: Wilson101] #829550
02/20/15 08:34 AM
02/20/15 08:34 AM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
@Vegas
Point not in doubt, I agree. But I think a book can be run supplementally to a 9-5. Especially the kind of 9-5 that Lcn grunts usually work.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull