GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 387 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,982
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,102
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: Belmont] #828089
02/10/15 07:53 PM
02/10/15 07:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Interesting PB. I didnt know vinny was close to prisco. How did those two get together? I know oc is a small world but still.

Throggs Neck is a small, tight knit area, and they were both based in Westchester Square at one time (although Angelo lived in Yonkers for many years while his kids were growing up).

But Angelo loved it here. He threw a huge spring dance every year at the Marina del Rey. Harder ticket than opening day at Yankee Stadium lol.

Vinny and Angelo hit it off. Simple as that. And Angelo had the pull to sit down and trade for Vinny. No doubt in my mind. But Vinny was a young guy at the time, and he wanted his button yesterday. Can't blame him (if that's your life's ambition, anyway). But I'll bet he wishes he waited now. He'd more than likely be a Westside skipper today. But now I'm going off track, sooooo wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: SinatraClub] #828091
02/10/15 08:02 PM
02/10/15 08:02 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
That's why he bumped down Tartaglione after suspicions of him being a rat, after coming back from Florida all of a sudden. And it hurt him also because Tartaglione had already decided to begin recording before than.

Vinny inherited that mutt. But you're not far off base with the rest of your post.

Vinny's big sin was Cicale. Plain and simple. Vinny had a good heart (for a mob guy, I have no illusions about what he was capable of), and he was forever adopting strays.

Forget Massino and the jailhouse tapes. If it wasn't for that lying, murderous, scumbag Cicale, there's a 50/50 chance that Vinny's watching television on Revere Avenue right now.

Cicale has more bodies on him than Vinny. Just like Sammy had more bodies on him than Gotti. And there's something fundamentally wrong with giving deals to guys who have killed more people than the guys they're putting away.

And don't get me wrong, the world needs law and order. But put them away fair and square.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: calcestruzzo] #828093
02/10/15 10:17 PM
02/10/15 10:17 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eQcPxvoMlc

this guy seems like a low down dog, trying to act as if he was really something, just another rat.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: Binnie_Coll] #828097
02/10/15 11:57 PM
02/10/15 11:57 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eQcPxvoMlc

this guy seems like a low down dog, trying to act as if he was really something, just another rat.

As a general rule the more you talk yourself up the less you have it.

Make of that regards DC what you will.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: pizzaboy] #828098
02/11/15 12:38 AM
02/11/15 12:38 AM
O
OldVines Offline
Wiseguy
OldVines  Offline
O
Wiseguy

Quote:

Not remotely. Vinny made more in the '80s. He had everything from video stores to sandwich shops to bars to his social club all along Tremont. From Westchester Square all the way up to the Marina del Rey. That's a lot of ground.

His bad luck started when he got the button. It usually does. That's why it's such a catch-22, especially these days.

pizzaboy can you name some of them? not doubting you, just interested in which stores. was he behind "Ruffles"? it was a strip bar. did he have anything to do with amerigo restaurant?

also do you know the name of the italian cafe past the interboro theater, i can't remember it. played scopa and briscolla there a few times.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: OldVines] #828102
02/11/15 02:52 AM
02/11/15 02:52 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: OldVines
was he behind "Ruffles"? it was a strip bar. did he have anything to do with amerigo restaurant?

No. But Ruffles didn't last very long anyway. St. Frances de Chantal was instrumental in getting it shut down. It went right back to being the Silver Edge after that. It's a small supermarket now.

But Vinny's beauty parlor was right next door years later. That's a party/wedding favor store now. Tosca has most of that corner now. And Amerigo's was a square Mom and Pop joint for fifty years. It's a hobby store next to a Radio Shack today.

also do you know the name of the italian cafe past the interboro theater, iican't remember it. played scopa and briscolla there a few times.

The club that was adjacent to Gerry Sciascia's jewelry store? That was his, by the way. I honestly don't recall the name. But it might come back to me.

The Interboro was a dump. But it was our dump. I miss it lol.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: pizzaboy] #828105
02/11/15 03:17 AM
02/11/15 03:17 AM
O
OldVines Offline
Wiseguy
OldVines  Offline
O
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
was he behind "Ruffles"? it was a strip bar. did he have anything to do with amerigo restaurant?

No. But Ruffles didn't last very long anyway. St. Frances de Chantal was instrumental in getting it shut down. It went right back to being the Silver Edge after that. It's a small supermarket now.

But Vinny's beauty parlor was right next door years later. That's a party/wedding favor store now. Tosca has most of that corner now. And Amerigo's was a square Mom and Pop joint for fifty years. It's a hobby store next to a Radio Shack today.

also do you know the name of the italian cafe past the interboro theater, iican't remember it. played scopa and briscolla there a few times.

The club that was adjacent to Gerry Sciascia's jewelry store? That was his, by the way. I honestly don't recall the name. But it might come back to me.

The Interboro was a dump. But it was our dump. I miss it lol.

that might have been the place, my memory is faded bit.

yeah the interboro was nothing to brag about, but like you say it was ours......saw pink floyd the Wall there smile

morris park was where i mostly hung out though.

Last edited by OldVines; 02/11/15 03:17 AM.
Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: calcestruzzo] #828117
02/11/15 07:41 AM
02/11/15 07:41 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
I tend to not become actively involved in topics on the American mafia -which is kinda ironic of course since the board is all about the American mob- it's just because I don't have anything additional to offer. I'm not from the US, let alone New York, so topics like these I mostly just read out of curiosity and interest. But on Basciano everything I've read and personally believed, on this board and in other sources, can only lead to my conclusion that he really is a stand up guy.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: TheKillingJoke] #828118
02/11/15 08:21 AM
02/11/15 08:21 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
But on Basciano everything I've read and personally believed, on this board and in other sources, can only lead to my conclusion that he really is a stand up guy.

To his very core.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: pizzaboy] #828130
02/11/15 09:17 AM
02/11/15 09:17 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
But on Basciano everything I've read and personally believed, on this board and in other sources, can only lead to my conclusion that he really is a stand up guy.

To his very core.

Which makes it all the more painful to read some of the more absurd claims and fictious stories that make their way across the internet, which is able to introduce you to some good information but which also makes it possible for just as many people with hidden agendas to bomb you with their crock of shit. Because from what I've read Basciano was well respected, and not only among Cosa Nostra circles. And I know we're talking about gangsters, but being well respected still is a testament of someone's character.

And Massino's claims... A lot of them, to me, seem dodgy.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: TheKillingJoke] #828136
02/11/15 10:01 AM
02/11/15 10:01 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Because from what I've read Basciano was well respected, and not only among Cosa Nostra circles. And I know we're talking about gangsters, but being well respected still is a testament of someone's character.

Of course. I've never sugarcoated that part of the man's life. You kill people, you go to jail. You play, you pay, and all that. But Cicale is a much worse human being than Vinny ever was. We were neighbors here in Throggs Neck for years. His boys grew up with my daughters (and I make no excuses for his boys' decisions either).

I'm back in the Bronx on property business for a few days. Check my ip thing, see if I'm not posting from less than a hundred yards from where Vinny lived with his family back then (not that I have anything to prove).

Yes, Vinny's a criminal. But there are far worse people who the government has gleefully given get-out-of-jail-free cards. And Cicale is one of the worst. He's the scum of the earth, born to White Trash, and that's just how he'll die. Hopefully in the fucking street like some of his victims.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: pizzaboy] #828139
02/11/15 10:33 AM
02/11/15 10:33 AM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
I'm sure this has brought up before but, was Vinny's father connected or any of his uncles etc?

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: Holyoke] #828141
02/11/15 10:55 AM
02/11/15 10:55 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Holyoke
I'm sure this has brought up before but, was Vinny's father connected

No.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: pizzaboy] #828143
02/11/15 11:02 AM
02/11/15 11:02 AM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
Thank you

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: calcestruzzo] #828147
02/11/15 11:31 AM
02/11/15 11:31 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
The fact that you hear people say that these guys are the worst possible human beings.Then you will hear others say he was is a great guy is all true.
Just in all of our lives you have good and bad,some better then others.This is what this world is.I hope nobody thinks that the guys that run this country are any better then them is bullshit..
There are many great men that are in that life,and many that are not.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: Serpiente] #828161
02/11/15 12:43 PM
02/11/15 12:43 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
The fact that you hear people say that these guys are the worst possible human beings.Then you will hear others say he was is a great guy is all true.
Just in all of our lives you have good and bad,some better then others.This is what this world is.I hope nobody thinks that the guys that run this country are any better then them is bullshit..

Things are seldom black and white. Of course there are some plain lowlives around, but there are also many people who make bad choices in life that also have more than one good side to them.

As for Cicale, I don't have the right to call him out for being a rat. But what I do find despicable is that he seems to be one of those typical guys that keeps badmouthing and keeps inventing fictious stories, even long after the trial is done, to use that for his own succes.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: TheKillingJoke] #828167
02/11/15 12:51 PM
02/11/15 12:51 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente

Things are seldom black and white. Of course there are some plain lowlives around, but there are also many people who make bad choices in life that also have more than one good side to them.

As for Cicale, I don't have the right to call him out for being a rat. But what I do find despicable is that he seems to be one of those typical guys that keeps badmouthing and keeps inventing fictious stories, even long after the trial is done, to use that for his own succes.

I agree he's a bottom of the bottom feeders

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: calcestruzzo] #828171
02/11/15 12:58 PM
02/11/15 12:58 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

There's so much herion In the Bronx. My Spanish friends go there to section 8 projects 100 $ a month rent there's 2 kilos of shit there worth 200k. them domicans are there 2000 mafia. I surprised the mafia itsnt more involved. Acualy they probably buy from them to. Vito rizzuto in d.r. just ordering 1000 bricks.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: calcestruzzo] #828178
02/11/15 01:22 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Just clicked over NY daily.Lewis kasman gotti just got popped for fraud. He lives delray pb in a mansion. Is it nice? Wonder if the gov laying his rent. What a low life he gave john gotti funeral speech thing and he was informant for years having gotti in the hole for months cause his snitching sick. Read in 2005 he sees Dan Marino who must had he's spider sense tingling seen right there vim

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: calcestruzzo] #828179
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Just clicked over NY daily.Lewis kasman gotti just got popped for fraud. He lives delray pb in a mansion. Is it nice? Wonder if the gov laying his rent. What a low life he gave john gotti funeral speech thing and he was informant for years having gotti in the hole for months cause his snitching sick. Read in 2005 he sees Dan Marino who must had he's spider sense tingling seen right there vim

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: pmac] #828187
02/11/15 02:00 PM
02/11/15 02:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: pmac

It had to be fucking Delray? lol

When I saw the title of the thread on the other site, I thought it was one of my old nemeses here. But I'm in New York for a few days anyway lol.

Mizner Country Club is in west Delray, past the turnpike. We're on North Ocean Boulevard. Fuck that scumbag rat mad.

Re: Vinny Basciano! [Re: calcestruzzo] #828208
02/11/15 04:25 PM
02/11/15 04:25 PM
A
AllDay27 Offline
Capo
AllDay27  Offline
A
Capo
The mansions worth 900k so it can't be too shabby.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull