GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 291 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How to decipher truth in mafia history? #827323
02/06/15 11:59 AM
02/06/15 11:59 AM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline OP
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline OP
Underboss
North Jersey
As I read up more and more about many topics of discussion, I am constantly hearing about different versions of the truth and I am honestly not sure what to believe.....One would think that the most factual truth would be told by someone who has flipped AND was at the scene of the crime...Right?

For instance, about the murder of Tony Bananas:

I heard Nicky the Crow say that Caponigro died a horrible death by getting hit with hammers, lead pipes, stabbed, then shot ____ times!
Now I know that The crow was very close with Scarfo. Scarfo was very close with Manna and, Manna was at the scene of the crime....I do believe that Manna would have told Scarfo the exact details of what went down and that would have been told to Caramandi.

In conflict of that:

Mad Dog Sullivan said that he personally stepped out from the shadows and said, "Hey Tony!". Caponigro, who was sitting at a table, came charging right at him. Mad Dog shot him 3 times and backed him up against the wall. Then Tony still tried to charge at him but eventually died from a lot more shots against the wall.

One of those stories can't be true because a guy who got physically pummeled by hammers and pipes and stabbed would not be sitting at a table much less be able to charge like a bull AND, if he was shot first, who beats a guy after he is actually dead?

It really isn't a huge deal not knowing EXACTLY what went down but, I really am not sure how anyone can ever guarantee that their version of the facts is 100% truthful of what went down.

Now when I buy a book, I am a little skeptical if what I bought for $20.00 is truthful non-fiction or profit driven fiction.

Re: How to decipher truth in mafia history? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #827331
02/06/15 12:41 PM
02/06/15 12:41 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
What it all comes down to is what and who to believe, I guess. But when examining a story one have to take multiple considerations into account. The abilty to evaluate the truthfulness in a story, comes with experience.

[Linked Image]
Re: How to decipher truth in mafia history? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #827332
02/06/15 12:48 PM
02/06/15 12:48 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
like anything else, how good is eyewitness testimony...about 25%..then repeating stories ..that changes person to person... two people tell the same story, most likely comes out a little different.

Re: How to decipher truth in mafia history? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #827345
02/06/15 02:51 PM
02/06/15 02:51 PM
RedBullets Offline
Button
RedBullets  Offline
Button
He was definitely shot over a dozen times. Johnny Keys talked about it before he died. The beating, garroting, stabbing and whatnot, I don't know. 12 shots all over the arms and legs is pretty bad regardless.

Re: How to decipher truth in mafia history? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #827346
02/06/15 02:52 PM
02/06/15 02:52 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
As I read up more and more about many topics of discussion, I am constantly hearing about different versions of the truth and I am honestly not sure what to believe.....One would think that the most factual truth would be told by someone who has flipped AND was at the scene of the crime...Right?

For instance, about the murder of Tony Bananas:

I heard Nicky the Crow say that Caponigro died a horrible death by getting hit with hammers, lead pipes, stabbed, then shot ____ times!
Now I know that The crow was very close with Scarfo. Scarfo was very close with Manna and, Manna was at the scene of the crime....I do believe that Manna would have told Scarfo the exact details of what went down and that would have been told to Caramandi.

In conflict of that:

Mad Dog Sullivan said that he personally stepped out from the shadows and said, "Hey Tony!". Caponigro, who was sitting at a table, came charging right at him. Mad Dog shot him 3 times and backed him up against the wall. Then Tony still tried to charge at him but eventually died from a lot more shots against the wall.

One of those stories can't be true because a guy who got physically pummeled by hammers and pipes and stabbed would not be sitting at a table much less be able to charge like a bull AND, if he was shot first, who beats a guy after he is actually dead?

It really isn't a huge deal not knowing EXACTLY what went down but, I really am not sure how anyone can ever guarantee that their version of the facts is 100% truthful of what went down.

Now when I buy a book, I am a little skeptical if what I bought for $20.00 is truthful non-fiction or profit driven fiction.

A lot of the answers are out there, but it depends how much you're willing to do to find them. In the example you brought up you have one version from Caramendi and another from Sullivan. Get the coroner's report. That will tell you which one (or neither) is true and which one is false. That's how you do it, you have to request actual documentation. An FBI file might have it too, but the best way is to get the death certificate and then you use that to get the coroner's report.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull