GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 261 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,820
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? #826713
02/01/15 12:13 PM
02/01/15 12:13 PM
A
alicecooper Offline OP
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline OP
A
Underboss
I remember reading that Gotti's youngest boy was riding some kind of moped or dirtbike around and one day shot out between cars and was run over and killed by a neighbor. He eventually put his house up for sale but ended up getting killed over it.

Was Gotti home when it happened?

Any other details? Was the guy's body found? Was there any fault by the neighbor and charges not filed because the cops hated Gotti?

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826716
02/01/15 12:29 PM
02/01/15 12:29 PM
Downtown NYC
D
downtown Offline
Made Member
downtown  Offline
D
Made Member
Downtown NYC
It is believed that John Sr. was on a Florida vacation when John Favara was abducted and killed.

wise old owl sat on a oak , the more he heard the less he spoke , the less he spoke the more he heard , wasn't that a wise ole bird.
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826725
02/01/15 01:59 PM
02/01/15 01:59 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: alicecooper
I remember reading that Gotti's youngest boy was riding some kind of moped or dirtbike around and one day shot out between cars and was run over and killed by a neighbor. He eventually put his house up for sale but ended up getting killed over it.

Any other details? Was the guy's body found? Was there any fault by the neighbor and charges not filed because the cops hated Gotti?

His body was discovered at the same burial site of the three bonnano captains(Giacone, trincherra, and indelicato), the bodies were found after massino flipped and led them to the site.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826726
02/01/15 02:06 PM
02/01/15 02:06 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
I believe his name was john favara, It was an accident,

the kid pulled right in front of favaras car. gotti had him killed.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826730
02/01/15 02:28 PM
02/01/15 02:28 PM
A
alicecooper Offline OP
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I know that's the commonly referenced line, but wondering if there ws anymore to it...

also after reading the book Witsec I bet if this guy went to the feds in fear for his life I they would have told him to piss off...

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: Dellacroce] #826731
02/01/15 02:40 PM
02/01/15 02:40 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

His body was discovered at the same burial site of the three bonnano captains(Giacone, trincherra, and indelicato), the bodies were found after massino flipped and led them to the site.

I went down there to see that place. My friend made fun of me for wanting to see it calling me a gangster girl groupie. lol lol lol But damn it I had to see it for myself. Took a video of it and talked my friend into narrating it. lol

Ruby street the hole narrated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYU1kjI6t-I

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826732
02/01/15 02:44 PM
02/01/15 02:44 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
If you even talked bad about Gotti Sr. or his kid there'd be trouble coming your way. Some guy who went to the same gym as Jr. started talking shit about how he's not afraid of the Gotti's and this loud mouthed guy suffered an "accident" took a tumble down the stairs. No one saw that guy again.

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826739
02/01/15 03:14 PM
02/01/15 03:14 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
yup, no doubt.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: Dellacroce] #826741
02/01/15 03:16 PM
02/01/15 03:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I think you'e confused, Delly. I don't think they ever found Favara's remains. And a few years ago there was a claim that Charlie Cargeglia dissolved the body in acid. But that was never proven either. As far as I know, they've never recovered any of Favara's remains at all.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: pizzaboy] #826742
02/01/15 03:22 PM
02/01/15 03:22 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I think you'e confused, Delly. I don't think they ever found Favara's remains. And a few years ago there was a claim that Charlie Cargeglia dissolved the body in acid. But that was never proven either. As far as I know, they've never recovered any of Favara's remains at all.

True
Quote:
The remains of John Favara - a neighbor of Gotti's who killed the mobster's 12-year-old son in a tragic accident - were not found during the Big Dig, but the massive undertaking uncovered evidence that capos Dominick "Big Trin" Trinchera and Philip "Philly Lucky" Giaccone had been buried there.
http://www.nysun.com/new-york/massinos-tips-lead-the-fbi-to-dig-deep/8656/

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: pizzaboy] #826743
02/01/15 03:33 PM
02/01/15 03:33 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Ah, you will have to forgive me, ive had a few pre superbowl cocktails.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826750
02/01/15 06:19 PM
02/01/15 06:19 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
That man was dealt with gruesomely. I know the researchers here are aware of what the informant(s) reported. I hope it's actually not true. Supposedly Gotti himself committed the act.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826774
02/02/15 02:31 AM
02/02/15 02:31 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I know that's the commonly referenced line, but wondering if there ws anymore to it...

also after reading the book Witsec I bet if this guy went to the feds in fear for his life I they would have told him to piss off...

Strange thing to say. The Feds have an obligation to warn mobsters when their life is in danger. They had a hard on for Gotti. If a civilian like Favara went to them, they would have been too happy to listen. The sad fact is that Favara didn't take the threats against his life seriously until it was too late. He should have moved far, far away or asked to go into witness protection once he realized he was dealing with a maniac and not a grieving mother.

What I am interested to know is if Gotti wanted him dead at all. There is a school of thought that he dealt with him just to appease his wife.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826779
02/02/15 05:06 AM
02/02/15 05:06 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
The feds probably wouldn't have cared much for him because he didn't really have any dirt on Gotti, he was a civilian. They would have just told him to go to the local police and maybe they'd give Gotti a restraining order or something from him which would only make things MUCH worse because then Gotti would be very pissed thinking he's being a prick or worse yet, ratting.
There's also the school of thought that Gotti's crew acted alone and took care of him to score points with John. They say John never gave the okay but who knows.. he could have given them a look, he could have said something that sounded like an okay, there's all kinds of possibilities.
I personally think he did know/order Favara was going to get whacked which is why he went to Florida 3 days before so he could have total deniability.

The thing is, being in a position like Favara was, you never know what to do. Moving away would be seen as a guilty move and Gotti would have done EVERYTHING in his power to track him down. Going over an apologizing would have probably been just as bad, going to the cops even worse, it's a very delicate situation.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826782
02/02/15 06:21 AM
02/02/15 06:21 AM
B
billymari Offline
Wiseguy
billymari  Offline
B
Wiseguy
I've read in a true crime book years ago that another neighbor of the Gotti's witnessed the kidnapping of Favara. This witness owned a diner in the neighborhood. The following day, three men in suits came in and ordered coffee. Without saying anything, they drank the coffee, and stared at the owner the entire time poker faced. Obviously the implication was "you say anything, your next." When the police came to question the diner owner, he claimed he didn't see anything.

I've read some of Junior Gotti's new book and seen his episode on 60 minutes. Junior said that he believes his Father probably was involved in Favara's death. But Gotti Sr never admitted nor denied it to his son (and Junior said he refused to discuss it). His Mother, understandably, was a complete wreck over Frank's death. The same book I mentioned also claimed that on at least one occasion, Mrs. Gotti tried to attack Favara with a baseball bat. She was especially angry because not only did Favara kept driving the same car that was involved in the accident (and never bothered to fix it) but he never apologized to the Gottis (though he was told by several people, including a priest to stay out of their way). I do not know if the wife encouraged Favara's murder.

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826799
02/02/15 08:54 AM
02/02/15 08:54 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
John Favara (March 4, 1929 – July 28, 1980) was the backyard neighbor of Gambino crime family godfather John Gotti, in Howard Beach, New York.

On March 18, 1980, 12-year-old Frank Gotti, the youngest son of John Gotti, darted into the street on a motorized minibike from behind a dumpster where he was struck by Favara's car and killed. Favara, 51, who lived a block behind the Gotti family, worked as a service department manager for a furniture store, Castro Convertibles in New Hyde Park, New York. He had been on his way home from work. His adopted son, Scott, was a friend of the Gotti children and had been their guest for sleepovers. He was a close childhood friend of Gambino crime family caporegime Ettore Zappi, a distant cousin of crime family patriarch Carlo Gambino. While Ettore pursued a life in organized crime, Favara remained in the legitimate world, but the two remained close.

Police found Favara was not to blame for the boy's death, which was officially ruled accidental, and no charges were ever filed against him. However, in the months after the accident, the word "Murderer" was spray-painted onto Favara's car. On May 28, Victoria Gotti, Frank's mother, attacked Favara with a metal baseball bat, sending him to the hospital. Favara decided not to press charges and planned to move out of Howard Beach.

According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), on July 28, 1980, before Favara and his family were able to move, he was shoved into a van by several men near his work. There were several witnesses to the abduction, and accounts ranged from him being beaten with a baseball bat, shot with a silenced .22 caliber pistol, or both. Accounts differ on what happened to Favara's body. One account says that while alive he was dismembered with a chainsaw and stuffed into a barrel filled with concrete and dumped in the ocean or buried on the chop shop lot somewhere.[1] Favara's wife and two sons moved out of Howard Beach, having John declared legally dead in 1983.[2][3] In November 2004, informants led the FBI to excavate a parking lot in New York City suspected to be a mob graveyard and the site of Favara's body. While two bodies were found, Favara's was not.[4]

When questioned by two detectives on Favara's disappearance, John Gotti said: "I'm not sorry the guy's missing. I wouldn't be sorry if the guy turned up dead." His wife Victoria, when questioned said: "I don't know what happened to him, but I'm not disappointed he's missing. He killed my boy."

Previously prosecutors believed Favara's remains were stuffed in a barrel of concrete and tossed off a Sheepshead Bay pier,[5] but Brooklyn federal court papers filed by federal prosecutors the week of January 5, 2009, contain allegations that mob hitman Charles Carneglia killed Favara and disposed of his body in acid.

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826810
02/02/15 10:48 AM
02/02/15 10:48 AM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
The guy apparently rubbed the son's death in Victoria Gotti's face. Threw a loud party less than a month later, blamed the son for it. Didn't show much remorse allegedly.

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826816
02/02/15 12:16 PM
02/02/15 12:16 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Well, i wonder what would of happened if Gotti Sr ran over Favara's son.? Would Gotti of apologized or sent a few guys to warn him about pressing charges..
This was an obvious accident and by all accounts, the guy felt horrible.
I wonder if gotti felt he had to kill Favara in order not to be shown as weak. If thats the case, its totally fucked up. Either way its fucked up.
Unless the guy showed no remorse and laughed about , then i can kind of understand.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/02/15 12:17 PM.
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: Belmont] #826819
02/02/15 12:21 PM
02/02/15 12:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Unless the guy showed no remorse and laughed about , then i can kind of understand.

I highly doubt that. Killing this guy was just an awful thing to do. It was clearly an accident.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826822
02/02/15 01:19 PM
02/02/15 01:19 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
To be honest I think they portrayed it pretty well in the movie Gotti. I think it wasn't that different from the movie.. Gotti knew it was an accident but it was expected from a man like him, a powerful capo, to do something about it. His wife probably pressed him, his crew probably bothered him, everybody ready to take the contract and score points with him... I guess he just fell to the pressure and okayed it.

-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826829
02/02/15 02:36 PM
02/02/15 02:36 PM
California
M
Mikey_Sunset Offline
Capo
Mikey_Sunset  Offline
M
Capo
California
This is a little off topic but it's a question I've had for awhile. Victoria was the name of John's wife but they also named their daughter Victoria. Shouldn't she have been given the name Philomena after Johns mother? I know it isn't a strict rule that children are named after their grandparents in Italy but is naming a daughter after her mother odd? BTW -I'm not saying that any member of the Gotti family is odd - I just wanted to add that.

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826834
02/02/15 03:00 PM
02/02/15 03:00 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
that daughter Victoria, and gotti jr are a pair to draw to. two black sheep. maybe they should not have been born.ones got an ego the size of manhatten, and the other is a stoolie. I hope they both howl like jackals, and moan like owls, and they both die in a dungeon. chained to the walls.

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: Malandrino] #826836
02/02/15 03:42 PM
02/02/15 03:42 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Malandrino
To be honest I think they portrayed it pretty well in the movie Gotti. I think it wasn't that different from the movie.. Gotti knew it was an accident but it was expected from a man like him, a powerful capo, to do something about it. His wife probably pressed him, his crew probably bothered him, everybody ready to take the contract and score points with him... I guess he just fell to the pressure and okayed it.

Well if that was the case, a quick death -a simple shot to the head- should have done the trick. Not smashing the guy's face with a steel bat until it resembled a raw uncooked hamburger or, as an even worse version of the story reads, going full Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the man. It was an accident. Killing the poor guy in itself was bad enough, but the apparent brutality of it all (even though no one knows what really happened) made it even worse.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 02/02/15 03:42 PM.
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826841
02/02/15 04:42 PM
02/02/15 04:42 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
I don't believe any of that personally, I doubt Gotti himself was in the same room. Gotti was in Florida with his family at the time Favara disappeared anyway.
I think Favara was just shot to death. I think probably Charlie Carnig took care of it, his version of the story should be in the book Mob Killer but I haven't read it. It can't be that accurate anyway 'cause the guy never flipped.

-What's a couple?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: Malandrino] #826862
02/02/15 07:29 PM
02/02/15 07:29 PM
A
alicecooper Offline OP
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline OP
A
Underboss
well going back to "what if" this guy went to the feds for protection; he had no dirt on Gotti to give and after reading Witsec which is part autobiography of the guy who ran the program forever, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell they would have let this guy into the program. NO WAY.

If anything they might have set him up with a recorder and some hair-brained plan to apologize and get a threat on record or something, and say "you go get us a good recording, we'll help ya."

Last edited by alicecooper; 02/02/15 07:30 PM.
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: Mikey_Sunset] #826881
02/03/15 02:20 AM
02/03/15 02:20 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: Mikey_Sunset
This is a little off topic but it's a question I've had for awhile. Victoria was the name of John's wife but they also named their daughter Victoria. Shouldn't she have been given the name Philomena after Johns mother? I know it isn't a strict rule that children are named after their grandparents in Italy but is naming a daughter after her mother odd? BTW -I'm not saying that any member of the Gotti family is odd - I just wanted to add that.

Mickey is more used in the southern Italy, to give to the nephew the grandfather's name, but it's a rule that is disappearing because now have more imagination in choosing names even if sometimes exaggerates (I know a couple of surname Esposito that called her daughter Chantal, and grandparents call her Chantalla, 'cause they don't know how say the name).

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826883
02/03/15 03:12 AM
02/03/15 03:12 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
For anybody who's a mafia fanboy read what happened to John Favara.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: alicecooper] #826885
02/03/15 04:10 AM
02/03/15 04:10 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Actually frankie was the second youngest, peter was the youngest. In regards to favara we know the story. Vicky gotti twisted the story to make favara out to be a monster which was bullshit. Basically it was a wrong place wrong timr scenerio for both frankie and favara

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: Malandrino] #826886
02/03/15 04:14 AM
02/03/15 04:14 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Malandrino

i think you are giving gotti too much credit. This was a man who threatened to kill a associate for buying him a light gray suit instead of dark gray lol. The truth is he wanted the guy dead but he knew the feds were watching so he had to wait and create a solid alibi

Re: the guy who ran over Gotii's youngest son?? [Re: furio_from_naples] #826954
02/03/15 09:16 PM
02/03/15 09:16 PM
California
M
Mikey_Sunset Offline
Capo
Mikey_Sunset  Offline
M
Capo
California
Thanks Furio!