GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 252 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,009
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,293
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: LittleNicky] #825104
01/22/15 06:54 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Their conviction rate in these mafia cases is easily 90%+ and it isn't because they play fair. They play for keeps- ethical rules be damned.

They bat 900 because they get indicments when the preponderance of evidence overwhelmingly points to conviction.
To state the conviction rate is 90% because they're unethical is more than slightly incorrect.

Where do you live sonny? It's beyond a reasonable doubt in every us jurisdiction.

I would point you to several books from former prosecutors making this point- about prosecutorial leverage at a federal level- but I doubt you have any interest in actually learning something.

You are right,i dont know nothing about it and nobody in my family has ever been to jail or even close,so i belive what you all are saying.

To get get back on topic,to me and ONLY to me,myself and i,a guys who reads books about the LCN and everything to do with NY in general,topic of Gotti aswell as his legacy is dull and spread out.He is not interasting to me at all not to mention his son.John sr,a guy who couldnt do anything more than loan shark and gamble.His son who is called an idiot by his own father,is a story for himself.Grow up needing nothing in a middle class community,went to that academy and so on..Now he wanted to be a gangster,thats so wrong in manny ways.Than he gets made at 24,talk about nepotism.That guy has no charm no charisma,not one bit.He will never see a dime from me personally,nor do i belive his crap.Thats all i have to say on this book topic,sorry if this offends somebody.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: LittleNicky] #825105
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Where do you live sonny? It's beyond a reasonable doubt in every us jurisdiction.

Of that I'm aware. What has this to do with ethical prosecution?

I would point you to several books from former prosecutors making this point- about prosecutorial leverage at a federal level- but I doubt you have any interest in actually learning something.

I'm sorry I'm still not seeing a point here. 'Prosecutorial leverage at a federal level'?
You stated the high rate of conviction was due to unfairness, then alluded to it being due to unethical behaviour. I'm still not seeing any supporting evidence of this.

The success rate in conviction is in almost all mafia cases due to prosecutors assembling a preponderance of evidence before the case is even brought to trial. Not because of ethics or even the mysterious prosecutorial leverage, at any level.

And throwing in an insult says more about your argument, than mine.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: Moe_Tilden] #825225
01/22/15 09:45 PM
01/22/15 09:45 PM
T
ThreeTomatos Offline
Wiseguy
ThreeTomatos  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Gotti Jr and Alite competing to release a book first, that says alot given the kindle stuff is so cheap will probably buy both of them.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: Malandrino] #825438
01/24/15 07:50 AM
01/24/15 07:50 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
I gotta agree with LittleNicky here.. the govt has been known to bend the rules to convict people, and if it's a Mafia case? Forget about it, you're going away for a very long time. Not only that but if you've spit in their faces, they WILL retaliate, one way or another... and something like neglecting Gotti's health (which we're discussing here) is not entirely beneath them.

The prosecutors, especially on federal cases are always tight with the feds/cops, and probably close to the judges too. My point is that if the govt wants your head they'll get it whether you're guilty or not, truth be damned. We joke around by comparing them to the mob, but
honestly it's a spot-on comparison.

Tell that to the Kubecka & Barstow families. How much time did Anthony Baratta & Salvatore Avellino do in prison for their murders? Did their fortunes get touched? I mean Bowat was dealing in heroin in prison! Yet he's home free again and gets to enjoy his retirement and have sit downs with his ne'er do well son over a table at Rao's. First world problems eh?

I hear what people say about John Gotti e.g. not getting his first choice lawyer when he finally went down - I thought it was because of a blatant conflict of interest because mob lawyers were getting too involved/aware of clients other/crimes - but what about all the money the govt. spent on Gotti's other trials and the 16 hour days prosecutors put in for a case that was a forgone conclusion because the defendant bought a juror anyway?

So what if the govt. plays them at their own game if that's what it has to do to put them away. Mobsters can extort/defraud/loanshark/kill/deal drugs with immunity and the govt. can't touch them.

At least they can afford the best legal help with the money from their illegal assets or decide to co-operate.

I don't think Antwone or Jose can afford Cutler's rates.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: Moe_Tilden] #826306
01/30/15 08:20 AM
01/30/15 08:20 AM
T
ThreeTomatos Offline
Wiseguy
ThreeTomatos  Offline
T
Wiseguy
This book just keeps dragging on and on and on...so far he makes himself out to be some boy scout it's kinda stupid.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: Moe_Tilden] #826308
01/30/15 08:29 AM
01/30/15 08:29 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

jr was smart to go the kindle route as hes probably dissecting the alite book and will write another 500 pages to discredit it and just make a few more bucks. a friend in jail says its common that inmates who have problems with others access to the law library/computers can type up fake paperwork on some one and get them labeled a rat. remember that guy in the feds who made up a bunch of fakes 302 putting puff daddy behind the murder of biggie or some sshit like that maybe 2pac. he was a fat guy in on fraud charges. think the post or the daily news took the bite. it looked so real and he duped a lot of folks. but I believe George a and his editors wouldn't be stupid anuff to get sued.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: ThreeTomatos] #826310
01/30/15 08:55 AM
01/30/15 08:55 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ThreeTomatos
I meant to ask do I need a kindle to buy this book? I've never bought an e-book before have a Samsung tablet

3Tomatos, Amazon has something called Kindle for PC. You don't need to own a special tablet or Nook in order to download an eBook. You download Kindle for PC right to the computer you already use, then you can read books full screen right from home with one click of the mouse.

I still love a hardcover though. Nothing like holding a heavy book in your hand and flipping through the tan sheets with black type on them. Right now I'm getting into some Peter Lance (Deal With The Devil). He is a great true crime author.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: pmac] #826314
01/30/15 09:27 AM
01/30/15 09:27 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: pmac
jr was smart to go the kindle route as hes probably dissecting the alite book and will write another 500 pages to discredit it and just make a few more bucks. a friend in jail says its common that inmates who have problems with others access to the law library/computers can type up fake paperwork on some one and get them labeled a rat. remember that guy in the feds who made up a bunch of fakes 302 putting puff daddy behind the murder of biggie or some sshit like that maybe 2pac. he was a fat guy in on fraud charges. think the post or the daily news took the bite. it looked so real and he duped a lot of folks. but I believe George a and his editors wouldn't be stupid anuff to get sued.

Carnesi (the lawyer) isn't denying that the 302 is valid, he's just asking who leaked it. That tells you all you need to know.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: Alfa Romeo] #826315
01/30/15 09:29 AM
01/30/15 09:29 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
I still love a hardcover though. Nothing like holding a heavy book in your hand and flipping through the tan sheets with black type on them. Right now I'm getting into some Peter Lance (Deal With The Devil). He is a great true crime author.

Absolutely. The only thing I like about a tablet/book reader is the free preview. If I like the preview, then I usually go buy the hardcover (unless of course the book is "direct to Kindle").

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: pizzaboy] #826319
01/30/15 09:53 AM
01/30/15 09:53 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Absolutely. The only thing I like about a tablet/book reader is the free preview. If I like the preview, then I usually go buy the hardcover (unless of course the book is "direct to Kindle").

Well...one thing I like about this site, is that practically everyone here loves to read. This is an educational forum.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: Moe_Tilden] #826332
01/30/15 11:03 AM
01/30/15 11:03 AM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
I downloaded the Alite book on Kindle and am about 50% through it. It is good and really holds your attention however you have to keep in mind that there is a lot of BS in it. I am sure the Jr Gotti book will also have a lot of BS. These two books are about two guys who used to be good friends but now hate each other, so you have to factor in all the animosity and the truth will be somewhere in the middle. I will order the Gotti book when I finish Alite.

Re: Excerpts from Junior Gotti's new book [Re: Moe_Tilden] #826376
01/30/15 04:25 PM
01/30/15 04:25 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
I only read some of the previews and Alite's book seemed a little more interesting and probably a little more truthful. Gotti did give us some family anecdotes but of course the juicy Cosa Nostra details are left out because he's not in the WITSEC or anything like that, so you can't really blame him for that. I'm not sure which one to buy though...

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull