GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 43 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,816
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation #824499
01/18/15 07:21 AM
01/18/15 07:21 AM
Extortion Offline OP
Underboss
Extortion  Offline OP
Underboss
Greg depalma thought joaquin garcia was italian when he was cuban. Brasco help kicked bonnies off commission

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824505
01/18/15 08:28 AM
01/18/15 08:28 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Definitely Brasco, whether in scale, humiliation or otherwise grand scheme of things. The guy spent 6 years undercover, no contest here. Sonny was basically the acting street boss of the family and wanted to get him made.. the only reason he didn't get made was purely because of FBI bureaucratic bullshit.

Pistone is an arrogant prick and one of those guys who's completely indoctrinated by the good government crap, but achievement-wise you gotta give him full credit, he put a big dent into the Bonannos and a big slap in the face to the whole mob.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824535
01/18/15 12:48 PM
01/18/15 12:48 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Donnie Brasco case def hurt the family. But even if there was no Brasco there was still the Massino flipping in 03. Destined to be doomed.

Massino did to that family what Pistone was trying to. Wonder if Pistone is happy about that since he couldn't get to Massino during his undercover work.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Malandrino] #824539
01/18/15 01:15 PM
01/18/15 01:15 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Sonny was basically the acting street boss of the family

What about Salvatore Farruggia then? I thought he was acting boss, so never got it why wasn't he the first one to be targeted by the FBI in this case.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824540
01/18/15 01:30 PM
01/18/15 01:30 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
I thought you were asking which guy is more embarrassing. Because if I see that arrogant prick Pistone one more time, I'm going to throw up. Walks around likes he the center of the universe and pretending like the mafia ninja assassins are still out to kill him.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: LittleNicky] #824544
01/18/15 01:46 PM
01/18/15 01:46 PM
Extortion Offline OP
Underboss
Extortion  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
I thought you were asking which guy is more embarrassing. Because if I see that arrogant prick Pistone one more time, I'm going to throw up. Walks around likes he the center of the universe and pretending like the mafia ninja assassins are still out to kill him.

Hahah, I know right? All for show I knew right away when I saw that in his documentary.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824545
01/18/15 01:47 PM
01/18/15 01:47 PM
Extortion Offline OP
Underboss
Extortion  Offline OP
Underboss
Donnie Brasco definitely did a lot more damage, no argument there but at least he was italian. Joaquin wasn't Italian at all and Greg was gonna make him allegedly.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: LittleNicky] #824547
01/18/15 02:14 PM
01/18/15 02:14 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Ridiculous, with those fucking sunglasses. They were never hitting a Fed. Not then, not now. He's a jerkoff.

Originally Posted By: Extortion
Donnie Brasco definitely did a lot more damage, no argument there but at least he was italian. Joaquin wasn't Italian at all and Greg was gonna make him allegedly.

Cuban Pete the Fat Pig Fed took advantage of a desperate old man. Greg's habits were so predictable and easy to see coming, that the Feds set the operation in motion a FULL YEAR before DePalma even got out of jail. And I've posted plenty about Greg's shortcomings, especially in a recent thread. He was an abusive bully. But what's right is right.

I don't care for Garcia or Pistone, and it has nothing to do with the mob. I'm not an apologist and I know they have their jobs to do. But Pistone's infiltration was a lot more impressive, by leaps and bounds.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: pizzaboy] #824549
01/18/15 02:26 PM
01/18/15 02:26 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Ridiculous, with those fucking sunglasses. They were never hitting a Fed. Not then, not now. He's a jerkoff.

Cuban Pete the Fat Pig Fed took advantage of a desperate old man. Greg's habits were so predictable and easy to see coming, that the Feds set the operation in motion a FULL YEAR before DePalma even got out of jail. And I've posted plenty about Greg's shortcomings, especially in a recent thread. He was an abusive bully. But what's right is right.

I don't care for Garcia or Pistone, and it has nothing to do with the mob. I'm not an apologist and I know they have their jobs to do. But Pistone's infiltration was a lot more impressive, by leaps and bounds.

I just got finished reading making Jack Falcone. You are right Pizza, they took advantage of the old man. He was dead broke coming off that scores case and saw the goose with the golden egg. What I am wondering is where were all the other guys around Depalma in all this? This random obese dude with a story about south florida all of a sudden starts handing Greg knots and nobody questions him or his story?

I also quesiton the whole "making" thing. I doubt that Falcone was more than a mark to Depalma.

The funny thing was though, is that in that scores case, Depalma only got 70 months (below the guildeines) because he was supposedly on his last legs. he got sentenced in a prison hopsital. Yet hes out five years later back to the grind.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 01/18/15 02:27 PM.
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: ItalianForever] #824550
01/18/15 02:33 PM
01/18/15 02:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
The funny thing was though, is that in that scores case, Depalma only got 70 months (below the guildeines) because he was supposedly on his last legs. he got sentenced in a prison hopsital. Yet hes out five years later back to the grind.

Well, I know that we've seen plenty of mob guys on phony oxygen tanks at their sentencing. But Greg DID already have his cancer when he was sentenced for Scores. He was just too thickheaded to die. He lived with it for YEARS.

That he survived THAT sentence was a miracle. The Judge wasn't cutting him another break. That's why he was the only one to go to trial in the Garcia case. He knew he had to beat the case or die in jail. Which he finally did.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824551
01/18/15 02:39 PM
01/18/15 02:39 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
That and he had a jury trial on ordering a hit on somebody. I can't remember the name off top. But he beat that case while in jail for the scores thing and then gets out of jail. Definitely a very tough man. Garcia consistently talks about how much respect he had for Depalma.

The book (and again, its just one side) says that the original target was Funzi Sisca, Chris Sucurata, and Louis Fillipelli. They were shaking down a strip club and the strip club owner called and asked for help from the feds. It was only after Depalma got out of jail ( a few months after the investigation started) that they started focusing on him. DEpalma apparently called the strip bar owner and told him that he was the guy they needed to pay now that he was out. According to Garcia, it was at that point, that they switched the focus of the investigation to Depalma.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 01/18/15 02:42 PM.
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: ItalianForever] #824554
01/18/15 02:58 PM
01/18/15 02:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That and he had a jury trial on ordering a hit on somebody. I can't remember the name off top. But he beat that case while in jail for the scores thing and then gets out of jail.

Nicky LaSorsa. That hit never would have gone down anyway. Nicky's a gazillionaire who was capable of consistently feeding the administration millions, while Greg consistently sent them to prison. Jailhouse braggadocio on Greg's part. It was never going down, and that's why he beat that case.

The book (and again, its just one side) says that the original target was Funzi Sisca, Chris Sucurata, and Louis Fillipelli. They were shaking down a strip club and the strip club owner called and asked for help from the feds. It was only after Depalma got out of jail ( a few months after the investigation started) that they started focusing on him. DEpalma apparently called the strip bar owner and told him that he was the guy they needed to pay now that he was out. According to Garcia, it was at that point, that they switched the focus of the investigation to Depalma.

That's bullshit.

The original rat in the case, Fat Pete, was with Greg, and co-owned Pretty Woman with Greg's son, Craig, and Willie (who Greg turned into a rat in the Scores case). Falcone can claim whatever the fuck he wants. But Fat Pete set the operation in motion when the Feds were going to bury him with prison time for tax evasion. He approached them while Greg was still in the can.

That's Gospel. Anyone with an ounce of street knowledge in the Bronx will tell you the exact same thing. It's not like I'm claiming that it's like "inside information."

Re Fat Pete: He recently left Witness Protection, too. He's living under his real name in a fancy upper Connecticut town. It's over (for the most part), no matter what some people claim.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: pizzaboy] #824558
01/18/15 03:05 PM
01/18/15 03:05 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
That and he had a jury trial on ordering a hit on somebody. I can't remember the name off top. But he beat that case while in jail for the scores thing and then gets out of jail.

Nicky LaSorsa. That hit never would have gone down anyway. Nicky's a gazillionaire who was capable of consistently feeding the administration millions, while Greg consistently sent them to prison. Jailhouse braggadocio on Greg's part. It was never going down, and that's why he beat that case.

That's bullshit.

The original rat in the case, Fat Pete, was with Greg, and co-owned Pretty Woman with Greg's son, Craig, and Willie (who Greg turned into a rat in the Scores case). Falcone can claim whatever the fuck he wants. But Fat Pete set the operation in motion when the Feds were going to bury him with prison time for tax evasion. He approached them while Greg was still in the can.

That's Gospel. Anyone with an ounce of street knowledge in the Bronx will tell you the exact same thing. It's not like I'm claiming that it's like "inside information."

Re Fat Pete: He recently left Witness Protection, too. He's living under his real name in a fancy upper Connecticut town. It's over (for the most part), no matter what some people claim.

So Garcia is lying then? Fair enough. Probably for a more interesting story.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824561
01/18/15 03:12 PM
01/18/15 03:12 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
That's not what it's in the book Italian Forever. Yes the Falcone operation was targetting Filalpeli and Sisca and also the Albanians that shook down the club. Yes after a few months DePalma was released but they kept away from him because he had issues for taking the hit out on LaSorsa. They even mentioned that the feds went to see DePalma and that he might have a hit on him and Depalma blew them off. After they followed DePalma around they saw him meeting with Megale and trying to re connect with people then they decided to concentrate on Depalma. Garcia also says how the club was under him and his son and had a sit down with Filapelli that its was on record with Depalma.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Beanshooter] #824563
01/18/15 03:16 PM
01/18/15 03:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
That's not what it's in the book Italian Forever. Yes the Falcone operation was targetting Filalpeli and Sisca and also the Albanians that shook down the club. Yes after a few months DePalma was released but they kept away from him because he had issues for taking the hit out on LaSorsa. They even mentioned that the feds went to see DePalma and that he might have a hit on him and Depalma blew them off. After they followed DePalma around they saw him meeting with Megale and trying to re connect with people then they decided to concentrate on Depalma. Garcia also says how the club was under him and his son and had a sit down with Filapelli that its was on record with Depalma.

Fat Pete (they didn't use his real name in the book) approached the Feds while Greg was still in prison. He handed Greg a lousy three or four grand a few days after he came home, and Greg fell for it hook, line and sinker. It mushroomed from there.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Beanshooter] #824565
01/18/15 03:18 PM
01/18/15 03:18 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

I said the target was Fillipelli and Sisca. What was wrong with what I said? I forgot the albanians?

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824569
01/18/15 03:21 PM
01/18/15 03:21 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
your right my apologies.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824582
01/18/15 03:57 PM
01/18/15 03:57 PM
Extortion Offline OP
Underboss
Extortion  Offline OP
Underboss
The falcone book sucked! He tries to make all these cute italian references and fails.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824586
01/18/15 04:01 PM
01/18/15 04:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
He tries to make all these cute italian references and fails.

But I understand that he makes a nice rice and beans.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824587
01/18/15 04:04 PM
01/18/15 04:04 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
But is Garcia of Italian or Latino origins? Garcia is a Spanish surname, but some Italians have Spanish-originated names like Frank Martinez (Stanfa's underboss) or John "Johnny Burns" Morales.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Dwalin2011] #824588
01/18/15 04:09 PM
01/18/15 04:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
But is Garcia of Italian or Latino origins? Garcia is a Spanish surname, but some Italians have Spanish-originated names like Frank Martinez (Stanfa's underboss) or John "Johnny Burns" Morales.

He's Cuban American.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: pizzaboy] #824598
01/18/15 05:17 PM
01/18/15 05:17 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

He's Cuban American.

Garcia's about 3 Cuban Americans.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824602
01/18/15 06:04 PM
01/18/15 06:04 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
3 and a half to be more precise. Does this guy also claim that the mob put a contract in him? I'm asking cause I never bothered with his book.

-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Malandrino] #824646
01/19/15 01:37 AM
01/19/15 01:37 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
3 and a half to be more precise. Does this guy also claim that the mob put a contract in him? I'm asking cause I never bothered with his book.
I dont think so. He mentions a lot that the mob isn't what its used to be. He gave an example of a beef between depalma and an associate showing how weak they actually are. He isn't as bullshit as pistone regarding the retaliations I think. At least he doesn't wear sunglasses during interviews...

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824649
01/19/15 02:37 AM
01/19/15 02:37 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Hey, leave Pistone alone. We all know he scouts the area for snipers when going for an interview, and then checks the bathroom and under the table for a taped gun.

-What's a couple?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Malandrino] #824650
01/19/15 03:25 AM
01/19/15 03:25 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Hey, leave Pistone alone. We all know he scouts the area for snipers when going for an interview, and then checks the bathroom and under the table for a taped gun.
You would do the same if there were hundreds of hitmen hunting you down.

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824683
01/19/15 10:17 AM
01/19/15 10:17 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I don't care what anyone says. Pistone is a greater man than all the mafia put together and has balls like grapefruits for doing what he did.

Would any of you guys infiltrate the mob for several years, wear a wire knowing all the time that one slip of concentration could put you six feet under? I know I wouldn't.

The man does not deserve mockery and scorn for protecting and serving his country.

And the man had more loyalty to guys like Sonny Black than any of his "friends" in the mafia.

We all know what those guys that played a hand in Sonny's death did once the going got tough.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Moe_Tilden] #824692
01/19/15 11:23 AM
01/19/15 11:23 AM
Extortion Offline OP
Underboss
Extortion  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I don't care what anyone says. Pistone is a greater man than all the mafia put together and has balls like grapefruits for doing what he did.

Would any of you guys infiltrate the mob for several years, wear a wire knowing all the time that one slip of concentration could put you six feet under? I know I wouldn't.

The man does not deserve mockery and scorn for protecting and serving his country.

And the man had more loyalty to guys like Sonny Black than any of his "friends" in the mafia.

We all know what those guys that played a hand in Sonny's death did once the going got tough.

I would do what he did if i had the chance yes. I dont value my life that much and struggle with depression so it would be the ultimate adrenaline rush for me. 100% would.

More loyal to sonny black than his own crew? Yeah, no.

Last edited by Extortion; 01/19/15 11:25 AM.
Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Moe_Tilden] #824704
01/19/15 12:57 PM
01/19/15 12:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

You say this, which is fair. But but then you say this:

So what kind of agent did that make him if he went off the reservation and was "loyal" to Sonny Black? You can't have it both ways.

Because if you consider him an American hero, that's fine. But you can't call him a hero, and at the same time call him "loyal" to Sonny. Because if he was "loyal" to Sonny, then he was a traitor to the Government. You can't have it both ways.

Now I personally don't think that he was a traitor to the FBI. He made it very clear that it was him or them the whole time, and that the internal conflict that he felt was greatly exaggerated in the film. I believe him there.

Would any of you guys infiltrate the mob for several years, wear a wire knowing all the time that one slip of concentration could put you six feet under?

Me? No. Because, although I'm not a mob apologist, as an Italian American I'm not self-hating enough to do something like that.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But I'm just as entitled to the opinion that they were never hitting a fucking Fed. Not then, not now, not ever. This isn't Sicily. So he can take those sunglasses and shove them up Anne Heche's twat (I think that's the actress who played his wife lol).

Re: More embarassing...brasco or falcone operation [Re: Extortion] #824705
01/19/15 01:06 PM
01/19/15 01:06 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
pb... you mean you have to be a self-hating Italian[pistone] to work for the FBI and infiltrate?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull