GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (U talkin' da me ??), 153 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,481
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: European terrorism [Re: thedudeabides87] #823156
01/10/15 04:12 PM
01/10/15 04:12 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Great fucking movie. I saw it IN THEATRE, long before it became a "cult classic."

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823157
01/10/15 04:14 PM
01/10/15 04:14 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
F--- it dude, lets go bowling.

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823167
01/10/15 04:52 PM
01/10/15 04:52 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
"Life doesn't start and stop at your convenience you miserable piece of shit"

Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823170
01/10/15 05:07 PM
01/10/15 05:07 PM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Well buddy, obviously you are well aware know since you mentioned them, the first crusades was started by the Catholic church. I am not saying that Islam does not have violent extremists they do, violence is in every religion because of violent individuals. Christianity for example crusades, 30 years war, Catholics and protestants in Ireland, the Inquisition. In the US the KKK and bombings at abortion clinics but you don't go about saying the Christianity is evil, certain people are evil and they can use religions as way to justify it. Buddhist monks in Myanmar are killing women in children, but you don't go condemn all of Buddhism.

Stop with the bullshit. We are not talking about the 12st century crusades (which I doubt you could even coherently explain, let allow understand they were responses to near total islamic conquering of western society), we are talking 21st century. The fact you must reach back to the 12th century or find a unbelievably rare abortion bombing, when we have daily examples of islamic violence is really a tell about how pathetic and weak your argument really is.

An extremist jew wears some funny clothes. A extremist jain meditates more than normal. A extremist mormon might live with a few chicks. A extremist muslim kills people and lots of them. Every day and on every continent. The religion matters. The ideas matter. And these "extremists" have all the justification they need in quran itself. Their prophet was a warlord and they just have a literal interpretation of what the book actually says.

This pathetic attempt to equate religions is a bizarre impulse. It has of course also proved useful to leftists keen to hide the gaping hole in their 'all culture are equal' doctrine - ''Yes, they are committing terrorism in just about every country on the planet, have embarked on massive campaigns of rape right across Europe, are working to undermine fundamental freedoms in their host nations, are far more likely to be welfare dependent than other migrants, commit 'honour' murder when their daughters get friendly with kafir, abuse our system of rights to destroy those very rights, campaign to sabotage our democracy through ballot box fraud and then teach misogyny and supremacy to British born, next generation muslims to continue all of the above ad-infinitum - but we have Islamophobes - remember that guy who threatened to burn a koran and the mo-toons?! And what about the crusades/George Bush!''

Homerun...my compliments LittleNicky!!

Re: European terrorism [Re: oldschool3] #823171
01/10/15 05:15 PM
01/10/15 05:15 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: oldschool3
Homerun...my compliments LittleNicky!!

The kid is brilliant. And not just book and history smart, either. He's socially conscious as well (the term "street smart" is used way too much, so I thought I'd shake things up a bit lol).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: European terrorism [Re: yigido] #823175
01/10/15 05:48 PM
01/10/15 05:48 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: yigido
I hate to admit as a Muslim you fellas are right in most things about radicalism and that terrorism from groups claiming to be islamic. But I would like to stress the importance of culture in the Islam.
I am not trying to blame a whole race but usually these groups are sponsored by the rich sheiks from the Arab peninsula. Also look at any violent fueled sects in the Islam they all come from the Arab desserts. There were times that tribes that had no contact with the Islam where being hired as soldiers and had to change their religion. These tribes formed the backbone of the Wahabbi sect of Islam. These guys are so cruel they have been known in earlier stages of their sect to burn down Islamic settlements and even mosques. This sect came in existence during the time of Napoleon(1800s) I think. Up untill then Islamic empires usually were the same as their western counterparts regarding violence, maybe even more tolerant.

Now we see that Saudi-arabia is from the Wahabbi sect and they are big time into training and funding radicals. For example the Bin-Laden family. Most of their leadership comes from the Arab peninsula.

Now there is the cultural aspect. Just as the west had their different ways of interpreting Christianity we had the same with Islam. Every part of Islam from north Africa to China is different. When was the last time there was a Kurdish IS terrorist, an Uzbek spokesman for Jihad, A Turkish suicide bomber, A terrorist cell operating in Bosnia?
My family is from Turkey and if you tell anyone over there about the 72 virgins and suicide bombing thing they will smack you in the face. Look at IS they target Turks and Kurds in Iraq, one reason is we look at different ways regarding Islam. I now many North-African guys that hate on their own kind, because they have moustaches. They believe that moustaches are signs of the unbelievers, in turkey(99% islam) it is one of the most normal things.
My relatives drink alcohol, even tough it is not allowed, in one way to ,me at least, it shows that a Christian and Muslim don't differ. According to these radical groups we are unbelievers, I think we are just humans who sometimes make ''mistakes'', but like I said we are humans, WE DONT BLOW UP INNOCENT PEOPLE for a bearded guy hiding in a cave who tells you what Islam is.
Just wanted to say that we are not like those assholes and yes radicalism is a problem stemming from Islamic sects not the whole of Islam.
Sorry if I was A bit unclear as English isn't my native language.

Exactly what i was trying to say

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823192
01/10/15 06:36 PM
01/10/15 06:36 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Well buddy, obviously you are well aware know since you mentioned them, the first crusades was started by the Catholic church. I am not saying that Islam does not have violent extremists they do, violence is in every religion because of violent individuals. Christianity for example crusades, 30 years war, Catholics and protestants in Ireland, the Inquisition. In the US the KKK and bombings at abortion clinics but you don't go about saying the Christianity is evil, certain people are evil and they can use religions as way to justify it. Buddhist monks in Myanmar are killing women in children, but you don't go condemn all of Buddhism.

Stop with the bullshit. We are not talking about the 12st century crusades (which I doubt you could even coherently explain, let allow understand they were responses to near total islamic conquering of western society), we are talking 21st century. The fact you must reach back to the 12th century or find a unbelievably rare abortion bombing, when we have daily examples of islamic violence is really a tell about how pathetic and weak your argument really is.

An extremist jew wears some funny clothes. A extremist jain meditates more than normal. A extremist mormon might live with a few chicks. A extremist muslim kills people and lots of them. Every day and on every continent. The religion matters. The ideas matter. And these "extremists" have all the justification they need in quran itself. Their prophet was a warlord and they just have a literal interpretation of what the book actually says.

This pathetic attempt to equate religions is a bizarre impulse. It has of course also proved useful to leftists keen to hide the gaping hole in their 'all culture are equal' doctrine - ''Yes, they are committing terrorism in just about every country on the planet, have embarked on massive campaigns of rape right across Europe, are working to undermine fundamental freedoms in their host nations, are far more likely to be welfare dependent than other migrants, commit 'honour' murder when their daughters get friendly with kafir, abuse our system of rights to destroy those very rights, campaign to sabotage our democracy through ballot box fraud and then teach misogyny and supremacy to British born, next generation muslims to continue all of the above ad-infinitum - but we have Islamophobes - remember that guy who threatened to burn a koran and the mo-toons?! And what about the crusades/George Bush!''

Great post Nicky.

Big Lebowksi is one of my all time favorites.

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823197
01/10/15 06:56 PM
01/10/15 06:56 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823198
01/10/15 06:59 PM
01/10/15 06:59 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
"Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...with nail polish. These fucking amateurs."

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 01/10/15 06:59 PM.
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823200
01/10/15 07:11 PM
01/10/15 07:11 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Nicky you are one smart fella.

Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823211
01/10/15 08:07 PM
01/10/15 08:07 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

Like I said before I didn't bring up the Crusades I was simply responding to LALouisiane who was using the Crusades as a historic example of Islamic violence. By bringing up abortion clinic bombing or shootings is to try and show that it is not a religion that causes extreme acts violence, if you are a violent person your religion will be violent.

I wouldn't say a Hasidic Jews clothing is exactly funny, if that is what you are referring to, I also wouldn't call them extremist because they were clothing according to their faith. Mormons live with several women but they also force young girls into marriages and condones what I consider to be the rape of these young girls. To say that Muslims kill people everyday on every continent is just untrue, you will have a a lot of deaths in unstable areas in the world. In the US you have a greater chance of being killed by a cop than a terrorist

Bizarre impulse is nothing that I ever refereed to, I said that you get what you want out of a religion, if you are a violent individual Islam will be violent to serve your needs. I do agree that they try to to undermine fundamental freedoms, as we see in France this happened because of a cartoon, I associate with libertarians and I am 100% for civil liberties, freedom of speech, freedom of press are things I find very important. If you are talking about welfare I am sure you will find just as many Americans working the system. I just believe you are stating things that a minority of these people do, it is not an accurate portrayal of everyone in Islam.

The whole leftist and I blame Bush thing is just kind of a way for you to say I don't agree with you, you must be this. It is just not accurate.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

Like the Dude says, it is all just my opinion

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 01/10/15 09:40 PM.

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823218
01/10/15 09:03 PM
01/10/15 09:03 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
I can see both sides here.

On one hand we do have to remember not all people who follow the religion of Islam are violent. In fact the great majority are not out to blow up buildings and kill people. I have met people that are Muslim and they seem to follow it properly. Yeah they won't eat bacon but that's about it. Normal people. Of course these were Americanized Muslims.

On the other side of this coin, however, is the indisputable fact, that Islam, is in a dark age in its history. During the Religious Wars of Europe in the 1600s the vast majority of Christians were not killing others, but a there was a significant enough number that it became a continental problem. Germany lost a third of its population in these wars.

Islam is the same way right now. There is a fundamental problem with a growing number of Muslims, who take the Quran literally to the point of blowing themselves up. It is a regional problem, with the exceptions of Turkey and the Balkans.

There is also a huge cultural divide between Middle East and West. Right now, I can say, "Joe Biden" is an asshole. And I'm not going to be arrested. But the freedoms that Western civilization, influenced by Rome and Ancient Greece and the philosophers of the Enlightenment, seem incomprehensible to some of these people. Some of them are utter hypocrites. We'll demand special privileges and that you treat us with respect but we don't like the way you're women dress, your cartoons of Muhammad, the fact that there are too many Jews, etc. You can't have it both ways. You either integrate into the culture you immigrate to, or you get the hell out. No exceptions. And these bastards that killed these people at Charlie Hebdo are in that exact same mold. Leeching off the free society that willingly accepted their kind, and they turn around and shoot them in the head with machine guns.

Bottom line, you can have your religion. But it does not become before basic fundamental principles of freedom of the press, speech, and others that we strive for. That goes for all the major faiths. But in this case involving conservative Muslims, we cannot appease a small minority under threat of violence. Europe needs to understand this. No multiculturalism, no open immigration, or allowing the kind of environment that allowed this to happen.

Last edited by rockstar_man45; 01/10/15 09:08 PM.
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823223
01/10/15 09:47 PM
01/10/15 09:47 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
- There are millions of Hindus and Sikhs in the UK: no terrorist attacks, no Hindu/Sikh extremist groups, the Hindus and Sikhs aren't at war with their host country
- There are millions of Chinese in various Western countries: no terrorist attacks, no Chinese extremist groups, the Chinese aren't at war with their host countries
- There are millions of Jews in America: no terrorist attacks, no Jewish extremist groups, the Jews aren't at war with their host countries (even as they were repeatedly attacked/murdered by their hosts)
- There are hundreds of thousands of Filipinos and Thais in Hong Kong: no terrorist attacks, no Catholic/Buddhist extremist groups, the Catholics/Buddhists aren't at war with their host country

- There are millions of Mexicans in the US: no terrorist attacks, no Mexican Catholic extremist groups, the Mexican Catholics aren't at war with their host country

I'm sick of the whinny, twisted moral equivalence. It is just not true.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823225
01/10/15 10:09 PM
01/10/15 10:09 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
There is a clear cultural divide among Muslims and Westerners. That much cannot be debated. It's like water and oil, they don't mix. Which is why Europe allowing all this immigration was/is a huge mistake

Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823226
01/10/15 10:11 PM
01/10/15 10:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
- There are millions of Hindus and Sikhs in the UK: no terrorist attacks, no Hindu/Sikh extremist groups, the Hindus and Sikhs aren't at war with their host country
- There are millions of Chinese in various Western countries: no terrorist attacks, no Chinese extremist groups, the Chinese aren't at war with their host countries
- There are millions of Jews in America: no terrorist attacks, no Jewish extremist groups, the Jews aren't at war with their host countries (even as they were repeatedly attacked/murdered by their hosts)
- There are hundreds of thousands of Filipinos and Thais in Hong Kong: no terrorist attacks, no Catholic/Buddhist extremist groups, the Catholics/Buddhists aren't at war with their host country

- There are millions of Mexicans in the US: no terrorist attacks, no Mexican Catholic extremist groups, the Mexican Catholics aren't at war with their host country

Update: Best post of 2015. The other is still second, though.

Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823227
01/10/15 10:15 PM
01/10/15 10:15 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

I think its pretty clear that Islamic fundamentalist are public enemy #1 no one is denying that, I don't remember anyone saying anything against that. But the actions of the 4 or however many people murdered all these people in France, have nothing to do with the ideology or views of 60% of the worlds Muslims who live in Southeast Asia. It comes from a regions the Middle East and parts of Africa breed these types of people. But blaming an entire religion just doesn't make sense. People are good or evil, if you are going to do something crazy being a christian Muslim Jew or Hindu, being gay or straight, white or black, is not going to change the fact that you are crazy.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 01/10/15 10:17 PM.

Re: European terrorism [Re: rockstar_man45] #823228
01/10/15 10:17 PM
01/10/15 10:17 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
There is a clear cultural divide among Muslims and Westerners. That much cannot be debated. It's like water and oil, they don't mix. Which is why Europe allowing all this immigration was/is a huge mistake

100% agree with that

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823230
01/10/15 10:37 PM
01/10/15 10:37 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Ok so you win Islam is to blame every person who has Islamic beliefs is evil and are a threat to National Security regardless of what country they live in, what do we do? Gather everyone up tell them they are wrong and you have to join our team. If they say no we have mass executions just like Cuba? Che Guevara will be proud. That could be kind of messy maybe we should put them in camps? the Japanese really like that alternative during WWII That is just the US though, what do we do for other countries? I mean obviously we should kill every Muslim in the Middle East they are the enemy after all. What about the close to 1 billion living in India, Southeast Asia and China? They didn't have anything to do with the terror attacks, they are actually progressive they wear "normal" clothes have had 7 female Head of State (USA has had 0) But they follow Islam, we should probably kill them to just to be safe, Islam is a dangerous violent religion after all.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 01/10/15 10:43 PM.

Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823234
01/11/15 12:40 AM
01/11/15 12:40 AM
Montreal, QC
TheRedZone Offline
Button
TheRedZone  Offline
Button
Montreal, QC
Are you claiming all muslims are "at war with their host country" on the basis that there exist within their midst extremist groups who engage in terrorist acts? If so I'm shocked your post has been so praised by everybody without anyone seeing this logical flaw.

(I'm not getting into the holiest of holy religions argument here, just looking to see the basis for your claim)

Re: European terrorism [Re: yigido] #823235
01/11/15 03:01 AM
01/11/15 03:01 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
[quote
Now we see that Saudi-arabia is from the Wahabbi sect and they are big time into training and funding radicals. For example the Bin-Laden family. Most of their leadership comes from the Arab peninsula.

Now there is the cultural aspect. Just as the west had their different ways of interpreting Christianity we had the same with Islam. Every part of Islam from north Africa to China is different. When was the last time there was a Kurdish IS terrorist, an Uzbek spokesman for Jihad, A Turkish suicide bomber, A terrorist cell operating in Bosnia?

[/quote]

I know a lot of Turkish people here and in Germany and in turkey I do business with them and through soccer. I like the ones I know a lot.

I have been to Uzbeckastan a few times. I would not call it safe for American but I been treated very well their. My son has been their with me. They don't give the right of way to pedestrians though smile.

In fact one of my grand daughters mother is from their.

My Alina always spend Christmas with us. She even goes to Catholic Church with us at Christmas.

Loves to open gifts from Santa with us on Christmas Eve.

Nigeria is a mystery to me I am friends wth 3 Nigerian national team players. I knew them since they were 16 they played with us in the Dallas cup. They were very respectful I liked them all a lot.

I find it impossible to believe that they would do harm to others. They don't have it in them.

I had Afgans and Kuwait players on my youth teams. Very respectful and never let me carry equipment they would take it from me. My Italian players never did that for me.

The only players that gave them trouble were two Israeli players for no reason except the hate put into them by their fathers against Muslems

I talked with their parents who I knew for a very long time. Then even that ended.

You have to be learn how to hate. It is not born into any kid. All kids are cool maybe some of that would be better off with out fucked up parents.

only the unloved hate
Re: European terrorism [Re: thedudeabides87] #823236
01/11/15 03:09 AM
01/11/15 03:09 AM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
Ok so you win Islam is to blame every person who has Islamic beliefs is evil and are a threat to National Security regardless of what country they live in, what do we do? Gather everyone up tell them they are wrong and you have to join our team. If they say no we have mass executions just like Cuba? Che Guevara will be proud. That could be kind of messy maybe we should put them in camps? the Japanese really like that alternative during WWII That is just the US though, what do we do for other countries? I mean obviously we should kill every Muslim in the Middle East they are the enemy after all. What about the close to 1 billion living in India, Southeast Asia and China? They didn't have anything to do with the terror attacks, they are actually progressive they wear "normal" clothes have had 7 female Head of State (USA has had 0) But they follow Islam, we should probably kill them to just to be safe, Islam is a dangerous violent religion after all.

You're getting closer Dude87...keep coming. smile

Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823237
01/11/15 03:11 AM
01/11/15 03:11 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo

You are right sir. But I still think you have to give Islam a chance. As I said before we are not all the same.

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823238
01/11/15 03:16 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
This thing they do in France is crazy letting them rule themselves with their own laws. Their in France they have to follow French law. They don't like that they can leave France. The French government is obviously fucked up.

only the unloved hate
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823239
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
Sometimes you young guys have no rearview mirror...Islam has had 1500 years of chances and has been at war for all of them.

Re: European terrorism [Re: thedudeabides87] #823240
01/11/15 03:22 AM
01/11/15 03:22 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Turkey was one of the first countries in the world to give women the right to vote. During WW2 Turks helped Romanian Jews. Turkey as a Islamic country joined and participated in the Korean war. Turkey as a Islamic country Joined the first world during the cold war.

Look at the amount of immigrants living in Europe and America. Most of the terrorists are brainwashed teens or young adults. We don't support these people we never have and we never will. They usually have rich sponsor enabling them to operate like this.

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823241
01/11/15 03:23 AM
01/11/15 03:23 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
On Mexicans here in the US they work cheap so I use them. Some deal drugs who doesn't? Their into soccer so am I.

If they learned English their workers can do very well. Instead they work of white bread contractors who make the lions share of the money and pay the Mexicans peanuts a day to work.

only the unloved hate
Re: European terrorism [Re: oldschool3] #823243
01/11/15 03:29 AM
01/11/15 03:29 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Sometimes you young guys have no rearview mirror...Islam has had 1500 years of chances and has been at war for all of them.
Please, Islam was untill the 1900's one of the more peaceful religions. Look up during the crusades how both sides acted. Check out Ottoman tolerance. What happened to the Jews after the Spanish inquisition? Look at the technological advancements of Islam during the middle ages.
Saladin(Ruler who fought Richard the Lionheart during the crusades) was the first ruler since Cyrus the great that lifted the ban for Jews to live in Jerusalem.
The moors ruled over Spain and never exiled them or forced them to convert to Islam.
Islamic nations were most of time the victim of colonialism and imperialism during the 1800s-1900s. Hence the Idea we were at war all the time. The radicalism also developed in the 1800s before that we were equal or maybe even more tolerant.
There were times that the Dutch shouted that they preferred Islamic rule than the pope.

Hope you get the point, we are not a religion of 1500 years of violence.

Re: European terrorism [Re: yigido] #823246
01/11/15 03:52 AM
01/11/15 03:52 AM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
Please, Islam was untill the 1900's one of the more peaceful religions. Look up during the crusades how both sides acted. Check out Ottoman tolerance. What happened to the Jews after the Spanish inquisition? Look at the technological advancements of Islam during the middle ages.
Saladin(Ruler who fought Richard the Lionheart during the crusades) was the first ruler since Cyrus the great that lifted the ban for Jews to live in Jerusalem.
The moors ruled over Spain and never exiled them or forced them to convert to Islam.
Islamic nations were most of time the victim of colonialism and imperialism during the 1800s-1900s. Hence the Idea we were at war all the time. The radicalism also developed in the 1800s before that we were equal or maybe even more tolerant.
There were times that the Dutch shouted that they preferred Islamic rule than the pope.

Save your twisted view of history for some of those who don't know the truth of Islam....from its founder to the present....at NO TIME in their history has Islam been peaceful..in fact the very word islam...means submission.
Anywhere where Muslims exist in this world, there is violence. They want to live under a system where religion and politics are one and the same, where archaic and draconic Sharia law dominates...it is perverted and dangerous.
In short, the end game for Muslims is an Islamic Caliphate in which we all convert and praise Allah and live under the yoke of Sharia.

Re: European terrorism [Re: oldschool3] #823247
01/11/15 04:06 AM
01/11/15 04:06 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo

Save your twisted view of history for some of those who don't know the truth of Islam....from its founder to the present....at NO TIME in their history has Islam been peaceful..in fact the very word islam...means submission.
Anywhere where Muslims exist in this world, there is violence. They want to live under a system where religion and politics are one and the same, where archaic and draconic Sharia law dominates...it is perverted and dangerous.
In short, the end game for Muslims is an Islamic Caliphate in which we all convert and praise Allah and live under the yoke of Sharia.
Im pretty sure most of us muslims don't think that way, but he it's your opinion and I can respect it.
What would be a logical solution to the ''Islam problem'' according to you? Just curious

Re: European terrorism [Re: IvyLeague] #823251
01/11/15 04:36 AM
01/11/15 04:36 AM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
While not excusing these Islamic radicals in the least (nobody is harder on these terrorists than I am), those at Charlie Hebdo are not innocent, much less "brave" like they've been made out to be. They are typical Western Europe secular leftists who get a kick out of making fun of religion, be it Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc. In their case, it was evil people killing evil people. Just because somebody has "the right" to say something, it doesn't necessarily mean it is right.

It seems France has gone to both extremes in dealing with the Muslims there. On one hand, too far one way with Charlie Hebdo ilk doing what they do. On the other, being far too accommodating (in the name of tolerance), which has led to things like "no go" Muslim areas where French police and fire won't even go.

So you're equating a bunch of cartoonists/journalists with these animals? They deserved to die because they mocked their idiot prophet?

How about those people that were executed in the Jewish supermarket? Should they have reconsidered shopping there? Maybe they went to far buying kosher food? Did they had it coming also Ivy?

Charlie had every fucking right to draw those cartoons, distasteful or not, and no medieval asshole, be it from Yemen or Utah, is going to tell us otherwise.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull