GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 260 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,886
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,325
Posts1,058,642
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mobster – Joey Adonis #822042
01/04/15 05:16 AM
01/04/15 05:16 AM
USA
BloodlettersandBadmen Offline OP
Made Member
BloodlettersandBadmen  Offline OP
Made Member
USA
Joe Adonis (born Giuseppe Antonio Doto; November 22, 1902 – November 26, 1971), was a New York mobster who was an important participant, along with Charles “Lucky” Luciano, Frank Costello, and Meyer Lansky in the formation of the modern National Crime Syndicate.

http://bloodlettersandbadmen.com/2015/01/mobster-joey-adonis/

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #822051
01/04/15 07:36 AM
01/04/15 07:36 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Thanks for this B&B. I´m glad of the fact that there are people out there who find these early days of the Mafia interesting and are willing to go that extra mile to inform and letting youngsters of today be aware of the intriguing history of the mob. Being a member of this and other Mafia discussion forums, I can see a decline of interest in topics related to the era when the Mafia was at its peak of power.

Regarding Adonis, I´ve always been interested what rank he held. I don´t think his rank has ever been confirmed by a crime historian, at least not to my knowledge. I know the Valachi charts show that Adonis had been a captain and that his crew was taken over by Alo. But I wonder how reliable that piece of info really is? Originally, Adonis seems to have been Brooklyn based before moving his interests to NJ. Alo´s crew consisted primarily of guys based in East Harlem and the Bronx. So that´s weird. Another kinda funny statement I´ve seen made by an informant says that Adonis was never made. But I can´t believe this informant was correct. Some speculate that Adonis may have been the consigliere while Costello headed the Family. I say it´s possible. But who can tell for sure? Another possible scenario is that Adonis may have been assaigned directly with Costello or any of the other two top guys. This kind of set up (the boss or another member of the administration having guys directly put with them) is more/was more common than we think. Regardless of his rank, he seems to have been a powerful member with a lot of clout.

[Linked Image]
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #822142
01/04/15 09:05 PM
01/04/15 09:05 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BloodlettersandBadmen
Joe Adonis (born Giuseppe Antonio Doto; November 22, 1902 – November 26, 1971), was a New York mobster who was an important participant, along with Charles “Lucky” Luciano, Frank Costello, and Meyer Lansky in the formation of the modern National Crime Syndicate.

http://bloodlettersandbadmen.com/2015/01/mobster-joey-adonis/

Thank you for this. Your videos rock. I appreciate the rare rare photos and video footage of the subjects featured therein. Keep on going.

What I would like to know is what the Italian authorities were questioning Adonis about. Probably trafficking. Funny how when certain mobsters were deported, this just served to facilitate their illegal trafficking operations.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: HairyKnuckles] #822182
01/05/15 05:25 AM
01/05/15 05:25 AM
USA
Made Member
Made Member
USA
Thank you for the kind words. To address the issue "was he made" I'm just not sure. One would have to think so, however, remember the National Crime Syndicate (NCS) had, as its board of directors, Jews and Italians. Dutch Schultz was considered one of its most powerful members at one time.

Joey A. may have been made, but we assume Luciano, Costello and others went through the same ritual made men went though in the 60s and 70s. Valachi appears to be the primary source for this conclusion.

Meyer Lansky, Busgy Siegel, Irving Wexler (aka Waxy Gordon), and others all sat on the syndicates board - which some historians also call the commission.

It can get confusing sometimes as to who as who. It was the NCS who voted to take the Dutchman out after he defied their order NOT to kill Thomas E. Dewey. Did the NCS included the Five New York Families? Was it more powerful or did the Five Families operate independently? What about the Chicago Outfit? It appears they were independent of the Five Families and sometimes of the NCS.

I would love your thoughts!

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: Alfa Romeo] #822184
01/05/15 05:26 AM
01/05/15 05:26 AM
USA
Made Member
Made Member
USA
Again, I appreciate the kind words. All I could find was the interrogation was related to "mob activities." If you can find anything more and can document it, please let me know.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #822203
01/05/15 07:47 AM
01/05/15 07:47 AM
New York
PetroPirelli Offline
Underboss
PetroPirelli  Offline
Underboss
New York
Nice one BB.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #822261
01/05/15 01:17 PM
01/05/15 01:17 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
When Kefauver questioned Adonis and asked him why he moved from Brooklyn to NJ he said ''Because the climate's better there'' lol

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #822287
01/05/15 02:35 PM
01/05/15 02:35 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
b and b. ive always had the understanding that Chicago was a family unto its own. that they had their own commission, Kansas city, Milwaukee, all the west coast, were under Chicago's wing,

am I wrong to think that the Chicago outfit had vast operations outside the U,S, under giancana. ive always heard their reach was far beyond what the new York families had.

correct me if im wrong.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #822300
01/05/15 03:51 PM
01/05/15 03:51 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Albert Anastasia was not Adonis' subordinate. They were both part of different families.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: HairyKnuckles] #822310
01/05/15 04:42 PM
01/05/15 04:42 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Thanks for this B&B. I´m glad of the fact that there are people out there who find these early days of the Mafia interesting and are willing to go that extra mile to inform and letting youngsters of today be aware of the intriguing history of the mob. Being a member of this and other Mafia discussion forums, I can see a decline of interest in topics related to the era when the Mafia was at its peak of power.

Regarding Adonis, I´ve always been interested what rank he held. I don´t think his rank has ever been confirmed by a crime historian, at least not to my knowledge. I know the Valachi charts show that Adonis had been a captain and that his crew was taken over by Alo. But I wonder how reliable that piece of info really is? Originally, Adonis seems to have been Brooklyn based before moving his interests to NJ. Alo´s crew consisted primarily of guys based in East Harlem and the Bronx. So that´s weird. Another kinda funny statement I´ve seen made by an informant says that Adonis was never made. But I can´t believe this informant was correct. Some speculate that Adonis may have been the consigliere while Costello headed the Family. I say it´s possible. But who can tell for sure? Another possible scenario is that Adonis may have been assaigned directly with Costello or any of the other two top guys. This kind of set up (the boss or another member of the administration having guys directly put with them) is more/was more common than we think. Regardless of his rank, he seems to have been a powerful member with a lot of clout.

Happy New Year HK!
I'd like to think that Joe Adonis was the go between guy for all five NY families, Pittsburgh, what was left of the Camorra in Jersey, like a consigliere with acting boss power. Two in one. Very powerful. What do you think?

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: Alfanosgirl] #822357
01/05/15 07:26 PM
01/05/15 07:26 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
What was his connection to Pittsburgh?

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: HairyKnuckles] #822372
01/05/15 09:45 PM
01/05/15 09:45 PM
C
conopizza Offline
Button
conopizza  Offline
C
Button
Nice work B&B, although I think it's somewhat misleading to say Al Capone was 'childhood chum' of Frankie Yale. Ioele/Uale/Yale six years older and Al's literal boss, perhaps semi-mentor, tho' less so than Johnny Torrio. Frankie Yale a special interest and still poorly served by historians so just a head's up.

Also, regardless of Doto/Adonis' exact position, what most folks don't realize or don't recognize amid the array of facts and speculation is that Yale, Doto/Adonis and Frank Costello were ALL politically savvy, which means they were supporters of the reigning Democratic clubs, judges, etc.

"Murder Inc." the Turkus/Feder book is such a fucking mess both formally and tonally (it also omits much important info about 1930s Brooklyn politics/justice and how that led to William O'Dwyer becoming D.A.) it confuses much more than it clarifies but... within that morass are the answers we're looking for, or at least some of them.

Last edited by conopizza; 01/05/15 09:47 PM.
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #822377
01/05/15 11:16 PM
01/05/15 11:16 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BloodlettersandBadmen
Again, I appreciate the kind words. All I could find was the interrogation was related to "mob activities." If you can find anything more and can document it, please let me know.

I haven't looked into it, but I am thinking Joe Adonis was a major Heroin trafficker along with Luciano and Joe Biondo and the rest.

The reason I suspect this is because Joe Adonis was leading or co-leading the Broadway Mob. As one of the principal investors in that bootlegging enterprise, he had serious cash flow. It's hard to imagine someone like him moving from bootlegging back into just gambling and shylocking. Costello was the big gambler. So was Lansky. It's on record. Not saying Adonis had no interests in those areas, maybe he did. But it doesn't seem like someone of his stature could play a lesser role in those areas to people like Costello and Lansky and still maintain his status. That's why I think his cash cow was heroin.

If it was, then we would expect to find him going back and forth between Italy and the United States before he was deported. Maybe even France or Turkey.

EDIT: Here is a hint from American Mafia dot com:

"Mafia informant Joseph Valachi stated that Adonis - who directed criminal activity at the Brooklyn docks alongside Albert Anastasia and ran a Brooklyn eatery, Joe's Italian Kitchen on Carroll Street and Fourth Avenue - was among those targeted for elimination by Maranzano after the conclusion of the Castellammarese War in 1931. After Maranzano was assassinated later that year, the Mafia reorganized. Adonis became a major player in the reorganized underworld, though his precise role in the hierarchy is hazy."

From American Mafia Blogspot

That's pretty much a open and shut case there as far as I am concerned. If Adonis was helping Anastasia supervise the waterfront, then he was a dope smuggler. Everyone knows that the two largest families dominated the waterfront, the Anastasia and Luciano families. Joe Adonis might have been the Luciano family dope traffic supervisor at some point. Basically he looks like he was one of the early "drug capos" which were employed by bosses to oversee that part of the family's revenue.

If true, then this means his "deportation" partly served to help facilitate Adonis' business activities.

Probably he was in risk of serious indictment in the United States and someone pulled strings to turn it into a deportation...like Luciano's. This helped a lot of accomplices get rich and stay rich. It kept the grease flowing.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: conopizza] #822379
01/05/15 11:23 PM
01/05/15 11:23 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Good point about Yale. He's sometimes referred to as a Masseria capo but I'm yet to see any historical basis. It seems a bit like he ran his own family. Not to mention Capone killing him seems kind of dubious...not to get off topic, if you have a take on those ^ PM me! I'm pretty interested.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: BloodlettersandBadmen] #822381
01/06/15 01:24 AM
01/06/15 01:24 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
I´m not sure this National Crime Syndicate and its board of directors even existed. At least not in the way of a combination of Jewish gangsters and LCN, including the Chicago outfit. I´m sure representatives from the two groups met to discuss crime and share ventures but a joint, formal ruling body seems far fetched to me. I could be wrong because I do not know much about Jewish organized crime but I can´t remember any of the Italian informants telling about a National Crime Syndicate.The info I´ve got on Schultz´s murder is that it was discussed and settled among the bosses on the Italian Commission (LCN).

[Linked Image]
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: Alfanosgirl] #822382
01/06/15 01:34 AM
01/06/15 01:34 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Happy New Year HK!
I'd like to think that Joe Adonis was the go between guy for all five NY families, Pittsburgh, what was left of the Camorra in Jersey, like a consigliere with acting boss power. Two in one. Very powerful. What do you think?

Anything is possible. One way to find out I guess is to read his FBI files and see what is in there. I know Faithful has his files so perhaps he can cut in here and share info on this.

And of course, Happy New Year to you too AG! Let 2015 be a nice and joyful one!

[Linked Image]
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: HairyKnuckles] #822387
01/06/15 04:06 AM
01/06/15 04:06 AM
M
mickey2 Offline
Capo
mickey2  Offline
M
Capo
I´m not sure this National Crime Syndicate and its board of directors even existed. At least not in the way of a combination of Jewish gangsters and LCN, including the Chicago outfit. I´m sure representatives from the two groups met to discuss crime and share ventures but a joint, formal ruling body seems far fetched to me. I could be wrong because I do not know much about Jewish organized crime but I can´t remember any of the Italian informants telling about a National Crime Syndicate.The info I´ve got on Schultz´s murder is that it was discussed and settled among the bosses on the Italian Commission (LCN).

exactly. Waxey Gordon on a Comission? Never. He was part of the bootlegging big7 BUT that was just a business arrangement. no real power in the sense of a director on a board of directors, each with an army behind. Chicago communicated more or less closely with NY until the late 50's i would say. Probably because of Appalachin they lost some trust in the new york families. From then on, there were no rackets shared with each other (to my knowledge), except for gambling in Vegas, what was considered from the beginning as "open territory". Everybody was on its own. But even there they only shared the city, not specific casions. and bugsy siegel wouldn't let go of the wire service and that didn't sit quite well with the outfit aswell.
Maybe, back to the so called National Crime Syndicate, if it existed it only existed for some small time. From '29 until '31. When Capone was gone, so was the NCS.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: Binnie_Coll] #822390
01/06/15 04:40 AM
01/06/15 04:40 AM
USA
Made Member
Made Member
USA
Chicago was not under the rule of the Five Families. Then again neither was New Orleans (Marcello), Florida (Trafficante'), or. New England (Patriarca).

Gus Russo in his books "The Outfit" notes that unlike New York which had five families battling over turf all the time, Chicago was unified as a result of one sixty second shooting on Valentine's Day in 1929.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: mickey2] #822392
01/06/15 04:49 AM
01/06/15 04:49 AM
USA
Made Member
Made Member
USA
Originally Posted By: mickey2

exactly. Waxey Gordon on a Comission? Never. He was part of the bootlegging big7 BUT that was just a business arrangement. no real power in the sense of a director on a board of directors, each with an army behind. Chicago communicated more or less closely with NY until the late 50's i would say. Probably because of Appalachin they lost some trust in the new york families. From then on, there were no rackets shared with each other (to my knowledge), except for gambling in Vegas, what was considered from the beginning as "open territory". Everybody was on its own. But even there they only shared the city, not specific casions. and bugsy siegel wouldn't let go of the wire service and that didn't sit quite well with the outfit aswell.
Maybe, back to the so called National Crime Syndicate, if it existed it only existed for some small time. From '29 until '31. When Capone was gone, so was the NCS.

I hope I'm doing this right. I am trying to respond to a specific quote by mickey2.
I like what you wrote, "Maybe, back to the so called National Crime Syndicate, if it existed it only existed for some small time." If the Syndicate did exist, it would appear that the better reorganized Italian/Sicilian Borgata's took over the Syndicate at some point and completely dominated. Meyer Lansky being the last Jew who really had any power.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: PetroPirelli] #822393
01/06/15 04:50 AM
01/06/15 04:50 AM
USA
Made Member
Made Member
USA
Originally Posted By: PetroPirelli
Nice one BB.
Thanks my friend.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: Binnie_Coll] #822394
01/06/15 04:51 AM
01/06/15 04:51 AM
USA
Made Member
Made Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
b and b. ive always had the understanding that Chicago was a family unto its own. that they had their own commission, Kansas city, Milwaukee, all the west coast, were under Chicago's wing,

am I wrong to think that the Chicago outfit had vast operations outside the U,S, under giancana. ive always heard their reach was far beyond what the new York families had.

correct me if im wrong.

Chicago was not under the rule of the Five Families. Then again neither was New Orleans (Marcello), Florida (Trafficante'), or. New England (Patriarca).

Gus Russo in his books "The Outfit" notes that unlike New York which had five families battling over turf all the time, Chicago was unified as a result of one sixty second shooting on Valentine's Day in 1929.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: Sonny_Black] #822395
01/06/15 04:54 AM
01/06/15 04:54 AM
USA
Made Member
Made Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Albert Anastasia was not Adonis' subordinate. They were both part of different families.

Later on no doubt. But I believe at the beginning of the syndicate (if it even existed) Anastasia was under Luciano, Lepke Buchalter, and others who could give orders to Murder, Inc.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: mickey2] #822397
01/06/15 06:24 AM
01/06/15 06:24 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mickey2

I don't think there was ever a National Syndicate, based on the fact that if you weren't in the mafia, you had no vote.

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: HairyKnuckles] #822448
01/06/15 11:12 AM
01/06/15 11:12 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA

Happy New Year HK!

Anything is possible. One way to find out I guess is to read his FBI files and see what is in there. I know Faithful has his files so perhaps he can cut in here and share info on this.

And of course, Happy New Year to you too AG! Let 2015 be a nice and joyful one!

HK you know who is another name that is overlooked Frank Erickson the guy who did the books for a lot of these guys.
Here's something I found. My Pops told me about a club in Cliffside down the street from his house so I looked it up. Found out that it was allegedly run by the Purple Gang out of Detroit. Now that just seems strange. The link: probably Erickson.

Last edited by Alfanosgirl; 01/06/15 11:40 AM.
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: HairyKnuckles] #822469
01/06/15 12:20 PM
01/06/15 12:20 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss

Murder Inc to me seems equally farfetched. Whose to say it wasn't a media creation and we weren't actually looking at the Buchalter gang?

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: BarrettM] #822478
01/06/15 12:51 PM
01/06/15 12:51 PM
L
LurkerGuy Offline
Button
LurkerGuy  Offline
L
Button
Originally Posted By: BarrettM

Murder Inc to me seems equally farfetched. Whose to say it wasn't a media creation and we weren't actually looking at the Buchalter gang?

All the Ocean Hill wiseguys that were tried and fried right alongside them?

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: LurkerGuy] #822483
01/06/15 01:27 PM
01/06/15 01:27 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

Absolutely! The info was so insufficient back then the media wrongfully labeled Buchalter´s gang as killers for every known mobster back then. The ambitious and successful prosecutor Burton Turkus helped spreading the myth just to feed his own ego it seems not only by putting himself jn the middle of a "crusade" against a "nationwide gang of killers" but also by writing a book about his experiences. The myth of "Murder Inc" still lives today...sadly. My opinion is that Buchalter´s gang was supervised in some way by elements within the Mafia, just like the Wasties were in the 1970s/1980s. It is said that Anastasia was a member of "Murder Inc". That´s just a ridiculous claim. He was not more a member of "Murder Inc" than Paul Castellano or Nino Gaggi was a member of the Westies.

Originally Posted By: LurkerGuy

All the Ocean Hill wiseguys that were tried and fried right alongside them?

Yeah. But I wouldn´t call them "wiseguys" if you know what I mean. Welcome to the boards LurkerGuy!

[Linked Image]
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: HairyKnuckles] #822578
01/06/15 10:51 PM
01/06/15 10:51 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Were the Bernstein brothers of the Detroit Purple Gang affiliated in any way with Joe Adonis ?

Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: Alfanosgirl] #822581
01/06/15 11:45 PM
01/06/15 11:45 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Were the Bernstein brothers of the Detroit Purple Gang affiliated in any way with Joe Adonis ?

Possibly yes. Adonis definitely had connections to Detroit. In 1950 Estes Kefauver discovered that Adonis had a very lucrative contract with Ford Motor Company. If I remember correctly, Adonis was the only one who was allowed to transport their cars to dealerships on the east coast.

[Linked Image]
Re: Mobster – Joey Adonis [Re: HairyKnuckles] #822587
01/07/15 02:25 AM
01/07/15 02:25 AM
M
mickey2 Offline
Capo
mickey2  Offline
M
Capo

Absolutely! The info was so insufficient back then the media wrongfully labeled Buchalter´s gang as killers for every known mobster back then. The ambitious and successful prosecutor Burton Turkus helped spreading the myth just to feed his own ego it seems not only by putting himself jn the middle of a "crusade" against a "nationwide gang of killers" but also by writing a book about his experiences. The myth of "Murder Inc" still lives today...sadly. My opinion is that Buchalter´s gang was supervised in some way by elements within the Mafia, just like the Wasties were in the 1970s/1980s. It is said that Anastasia was a member of "Murder Inc". That´s just a ridiculous claim. He was not more a member of "Murder Inc" than Paul Castellano or Nino Gaggi was a member of the Westies.

funny. i was just thinkin about orderin' turkus' book from the 50s about murder inc. also, chris cipollinis new book[1], also named "murder inc" is out next month, ill definitely read this one also. As to Anastasia - i dont know. yet.

[1] http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Inc-Christian-Cipollini/dp/1939521270/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull