GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Primo, BarrettM, U talkin' da me ??, Irishman12, JCrusher), 310 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,158
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted #820494
12/23/14 02:52 PM
12/23/14 02:52 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted
Yearlong investigation nets 22 indictments, 139 dogs, guns, drugs

BALTIMORE —Officials said a yearlong investigation has led to the indictment of 22 alleged members of a Baltimore-based dogfighting ring.

Officials said a year-long investigation has led to the indictment of 22 alleged members of a Baltimore-based dogfighting ring.

The Office of the State's Attorney for Baltimore City made the announcement Monday following an investigation by the Major Investigations Unit of the Baltimore City State's Attorney's Office and the Special Enforcement Section of the Baltimore Police Department.

"The behavior of these individuals is despicable," Baltimore City police Col. Sean Miller said.

The indictment alleges a sprawling conspiracy that dates back to April 2013, when several alleged members of the Baltimore ring were linked to a dogfighting bust in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina.

The charging documents allege that from the summer of 2013 through the time of indictment, some 139 dogs, mostly pit bulls and including 28 puppies, were recovered from individuals implicated in the indictment, along with a dozen firearms, numerous treadmills, breaking sticks, heavy chains, conditioning harnesses, steroids, topical and injectable medications meant to be administered by licensed professionals, bloodstained dogfighting rings, surgical equipment, and breeding stands -- referred by dogfighters, according to the indictments, as "rape stands" -- which were used to facilitate the breeding, training and fighting of dogs.

"In this unforgiving underworld, a dog who loses a fight is routinely executed, most commonly by hanging, electrocution, drowning or shooting," Assistant State's Attorney Thiru Vignarajah said.

In addition to the arrests of the defendants this week, 17 search and seizure warrants -- 14 in Baltimore City, two in Baltimore County, and one in West Virginia -- were executed in which weapons and instrumentalities of the dogfighting ring were recovered, including eight firearms and 86 additional dogs -- all pit bulls and nearly two dozen puppies -- five treadmills, two "rape stands," heavy chains, conditioning harnesses, and surgical equipment. Additionally, a marijuana grow operation and over $70,000 in cash -- were also found during the police raids.

Dogfighting is an underground criminal enterprise where dogs are systematically bred, conditioned and trained to engage in violent brutal combat for entertainment and financial gain. A central feature of dogfighting is the illegal placement of wagers, and the total purse among spectators can be $100,000 and higher, with individual cash bets of $25,000. These illegal associations transcend state borders, and dogfighters regularly travel outside the state of Maryland to procure and deliver dogs and to participate in dogfighting events. Relying upon common criminal networks, members of dogfighting rings have also been involved in firearms and narcotics trafficking.

"We have bite sticks, weapons, forced treadmill activity to make the dogs stronger for fighting. It is just ridiculous behavior, especially in 2014. We still have human beings that feel dogs are bred to do this kind of thing. It's just ridiculous," Miller said.

Dogs who survive these brutal contests often later succumb to complications from injuries sustained during fights. To increase the chances of prevailing in dog fights -- and to maximize the corresponding profits from gambling on matches -- dogfighting rings employ disturbing conditioning methods designed to make dogs more aggressive, vicious and lethal. Dogs are compelled to wear weighted collars and heavy chains; they train in extreme weather conditions and on treadmills modified to push dogs to their physical limits. Dogfighting rings also avoid legitimate, licensed sources of medical care and veterinary services out of concern that the scarring, wounds, and general condition of their dogs, which would be regarded by those professionals as evidence of dogfighting, would be noticed and reported to authorities. Accordingly, dogfighters provide routine medical care themselves and administer shots, vaccines, and prescription medicines that are stolen or illegitimately obtained; they perform surgical procedures in substandard conditions.

"The firearms and narcotics seized during the course of this investigation and during the execution of the search warrants this week establish that there is a strong connection between those individuals who would subject animals to horrific treatment and abuse and those engaged in the drug trade and acts of violence. The indictment announced today highlights this connection and hopefully will protect innocent and vulnerable animals from further abuse and reduce violent criminal activity that adversely impacts our community," State's Attorney Gregg Bernstein said.

Seventeen of the 22 defendants indicted this past week have criminal histories; eight of whom have convictions for crimes of violence. Five of the 22 have convictions for handgun violations; two of them have sex offense convictions; one of them has a prior conviction for murder. The defendants in custody are:

Daryl Addison, 38, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, as well as four counts of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting, four counts of animal abuse and neglect, and other related charges.
Omar Alfarouq, 76, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, 16 counts of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting, 18 counts of animal abuse and neglect, and other related charges.
Anthony Banks, 37, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy.
Dion Brown, 29, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, seven counts of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting and 14 counts of animal abuse and neglect.
Raymond Casey, 37, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, as well as five counts of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting and eight counts of animal abuse and neglect.
Larry Gardner, 34, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, as well as four counts of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting, four counts of animal abuse and neglect, and other related charges.
Rodney Greene, 38, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, as well as eleven counts of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting and 12 counts of animal abuse and neglect.
Jovon Lee, 41, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy.
William Murray, Jr., 47, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy
Kenneth Rice, 54, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, seven counts of animal abuse and neglect, and other related charges.
James Roles, 45, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, one count of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting.
Daryl Solomon, 40, charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, four counts of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting, four counts of animal abuse and neglect.
Terry White, 38, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, four counts of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting, three counts of animal abuse and neglect and other related charges.
Tyrone Wolfe, 41, is charged with the dogfighting conspiracy, three counts of aggravated cruelty related to dogfighting, four counts of animal abuse and neglect and other related charges.

Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: Scorsese] #820552
12/23/14 10:31 PM
12/23/14 10:31 PM
New York
PetroPirelli Offline
Underboss
PetroPirelli  Offline
Underboss
New York
Can't stand this shit. Nothing I hate more than innocent animals getting treated like garbage. Lock em' up and throw away the fucking key.

Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: PetroPirelli] #820617
12/24/14 02:04 PM
12/24/14 02:04 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: PetroPirelli
Can't stand this shit. Nothing I hate more than innocent animals getting treated like garbage. Lock em' up and throw away the fucking key.

I say lock them up with a pack of the angry and hungry pitbulls they trained

Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: Scorsese] #820666
12/24/14 11:34 PM
12/24/14 11:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Execute every last one of them. I'm serious.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: IvyLeague] #820766
12/26/14 11:05 AM
12/26/14 11:05 AM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The dumb sh*t people say.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: F_white] #820774
12/26/14 12:06 PM
12/26/14 12:06 PM
BarrettM Online content
Underboss
BarrettM  Online Content
Underboss
Originally Posted By: F_white

Why not?

Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: BarrettM] #820782
12/26/14 01:25 PM
12/26/14 01:25 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: BarrettM

Why not?

Why not, indeed. It's the whiny, spineless, hand-wringing thinking (usually shown by liberals and their ilk) that is the primary reason why we have so much crime. Our punishments are nowhere near severe enough.

Anyone who thinks people who get their kicks out of forcing animals to tear each other apart and fight to death deserve to live is a shitty human being. Period.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/26/14 01:26 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: Scorsese] #820799
12/26/14 05:13 PM
12/26/14 05:13 PM
PA
I
Itiswhatitis Offline
Made Member
Itiswhatitis  Offline
I
Made Member
PA
As a pitbull owner that treats them as members of my family, no pun intended, it sickens me of any abuse towards. Someday maybe my path would cross with such scum.

Last edited by Itiswhatitis; 12/26/14 05:13 PM.
Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: IvyLeague] #820815
12/26/14 06:56 PM
12/26/14 06:56 PM
BarrettM Online content
Underboss
BarrettM  Online Content
Underboss

Why not?

Why not, indeed. It's the whiny, spineless, hand-wringing thinking (usually shown by liberals and their ilk) that is the primary reason why we have so much crime. Our punishments are nowhere near severe enough.

Anyone who thinks people who get their kicks out of forcing animals to tear each other apart and fight to death deserve to live is a shitty human being. Period.

The why not in this picture came from a liberal lol Not all of us make excuses for the truly depraved. wink In my eyes if you want to view a human beings morality, their morality is really just a sum total of their positive and negative actions on the world. Something as negative as pitting defenseless animals against each other for profit, something about that takes a truly sick mind. And can you really take that back? The guy who fights small animals for profit and then goes home and is nice to his mother is still a scumbag who deserves punitive action. The people who watch really arent any better. The difference between dog fighting and boxing is, boxers aren't being forced against their will in to a cycle of inescapable violence. Of course one would have to assume humans and dogs deserve relatively the same respect, but since dogs are a domesticated animal shown to have a range of emotions, why not?

There was a dogfighting scene set in Baltimore in the wire by the way. Ironically it was used to humanize the owner, who really just wanted to see his dog beat up on some other chump dog. And its funny, it kind of worked. My family doesn't own any dogs, but we have raised cats since I was just a kid. I used to take "buddy" out in the backyard and look for some small game. we caught a little sparrow together so i could kind of relate to the scene. It worked.

Running this shit for profit is just kind of sick though. The emotional cost bugs me

On a big scale how profitable is a large dog fighting operation? Tens of thousands? I wonder how it would stack up against running a shy or a book or a drug corner.

Last edited by BarrettM; 12/26/14 06:58 PM.
Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: Scorsese] #820826
12/26/14 09:24 PM
12/26/14 09:24 PM
N.J. via Brooklyn
B
BigBrooklyn50 Offline
Wiseguy
BigBrooklyn50  Offline
B
Wiseguy
N.J. via Brooklyn
I own 2 'gamebred' Pit Bulls, both are great dogs that love every human they meet.

Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: BarrettM] #820834
12/27/14 02:37 AM
12/27/14 02:37 AM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss

On a big scale how profitable is a large dog fighting operation? Tens of thousands? I wonder how it would stack up against running a shy or a book or a drug corner.

Dogfighting is an underground criminal enterprise where dogs are systematically bred, conditioned and trained to engage in violent brutal combat for entertainment and financial gain. A central feature of dogfighting is the illegal placement of wagers, and the total purse among spectators can be $100,000 and higher, with individual cash bets of $25,000.

Re: Baltimore-based dogfighting ring busted [Re: Scorsese] #820939
12/27/14 07:46 PM
12/27/14 07:46 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
As far as crimes go, dogfighing is just above pedophilia and rape.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull