GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 250 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,881
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,580
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854073
08/03/15 04:41 AM
08/03/15 04:41 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Yeah, there is, no where near as well known as the East and South Coast cells though. Tony Vellelonga, the mayor of the Stirling, outside of Perth, was recently caught up in scandal involving his links to Calabria. The Brown and Macera reports name some bosses, but these reports are yet to be released in their entirety, though I believe they are referring to the Rispoli and Tudori families. Professional gambler Ralph Romeo is said to be a relative of the Romeo's of Adelaide and Griffith. The reports also reference a Sicilian family. Not sure yet how he fit in, but a Sicilian named Paul Musarri was pretty deep into dealing hard drugs in the '70's and early '80's. I'll admit I haven't done a lot of research on WA compared to other cells in Australia.
Joe Arena aka The Friendly Godfather was close to Liborio Benvenuto and for a time was considered a viable successor, but he died in the late '80's. He operated primarily as a money-launderer, IIRC.
Gianfranco Tizzoni would by American parlance I guess count as an associate. He was a Northern Italian, and worked many different trades before getting involved with Trimbole and one Archie Molinaro in what started as a legitimate poker machine business (Molinaro is not connected, BTW). When he flipped, he named a lot of names, but later recanted and ended up only fingering Bazley, Trimbole and gun dealer George Joseph, who originally put Tizzoni in contact with Bazley.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 08/03/15 04:43 AM.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854099
08/03/15 03:16 PM
08/03/15 03:16 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Forgot to add, he high-tailed it out of the country shortly after the trial, returning to Italy to live out his days. Journalist Keith Moor tracked him down years later (surprisingly easily, according to Moor) and discovered a very bitter Tizzoni running a gas station. He would die in Italy in '93, I think. Apparently he had already purchased and built his burial plot, and was in the habit of going down there and just hanging out. lol

Check out Crims in Grass Castles by Moor for an in depth look at Trimbole, Tizzoni, Bazley and Griffith in general.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854357
08/05/15 10:46 AM
08/05/15 10:46 AM
D
dannymac Offline
Wiseguy
dannymac  Offline
D
Wiseguy
Mickey just ordered Crims in grass castles awaiting its arrival also just received Underbelly Files which is three stand alone films about Bendali Debs,An Aussie drug dealer who escaped from Bangkok Hilton and undercover cops infiltrating an Aussie-Italian crime syndicate. Watched the debs one it was good watch others tonight.

Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854409
08/05/15 03:21 PM
08/05/15 03:21 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
The last one is based onInfiltration By Colin McLaren. Good read and details how he brought down Tony Romeo (who was later murdered) and Trimbole's son, amongst others. Another good read is Wired by Damien Marriott. Marriott was a younger officer who spent time undercover with McLaren. The thing is,it affected Marriott a lot differently. He talks about it in his book, and while I have the utmost admiration for him, people talk about him becoming a little unhinged during the sting.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 08/05/15 03:22 PM.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854523
08/06/15 03:53 AM
08/06/15 03:53 AM
D
dannymac Offline
Wiseguy
dannymac  Offline
D
Wiseguy
Mickey the guy Barbaro who was involved in th massive xtc bust is he connected to N drine,is he the Barbaro who's child was kidnapped and was he related to Pat Barbaro who died with Jason? Was the Pat Barbaro with Jason connected to Ndrangheta

Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854526
08/06/15 05:10 AM
08/06/15 05:10 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
It was Pasquale Barbaro caught in ecstasy bust, the son of Francesco aka Little Trees, named in the Woodward Commission, and yes, had links to the Calabrian suppliers, to the extent that he had to make a trip to Italy to explain why he would be late repaying debts. In fact, some sources state him to be more a "customer" of the local 'Ndrine than one himself. It was his cousin Joe Barbaro who's daughter was kidnapped, his father Pasquale aka Il Principal was a Canberra boss who flipped after an attempt on his life (he left his wife, who was a Nirta, another powerful family with strong links to the old country). He was eventually murdered in 1990. The Barbaro who died with Jason I believe was related, but not involved with his family's rackets. He seemed to have been known as a bit of a stoner.
It gets complex, doesn't it? I may be a bit off with the relations myself, but they were definitely two different Barbaros. Sooner or later I'll find the old chart that had birth dates and notes that help tell them apart.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854550
08/06/15 11:02 AM
08/06/15 11:02 AM
N
night_timer Offline OP
Capo
night_timer  Offline OP
N
Capo
Sonny Blackstein does too much MOUTHING OFF without knowing his shit!

I will now provide AMPLE PROOF that I am RIGHT and Sonny Blackstein, whoever he is, is WRONG... haha!

As for my claims against the corrupt and pathetic Australian government, start here... this is just one SMALL part of all the evidence we have been gathering about the human scum who call themselves Australia's political "leaders": http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns...l-1227372359462

Then check out this:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-10/false-boarding-pass-conviction/5015234

Last edited by night_timer; 08/06/15 11:05 AM.

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854578
08/06/15 03:15 PM
08/06/15 03:15 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
HOLY SHIT DUDE!!1!

Nah. This doesn't validate a single thing you've said in this thread. Geas has balls (crazy ones),but this has little and less to do with your claims, as does a 2013 stub article.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854594
08/06/15 04:47 PM
08/06/15 04:47 PM
D
dannymac Offline
Wiseguy
dannymac  Offline
D
Wiseguy
I remember reading a long time ago about a guy who went to buy pot off of his connection. Whilst there he killed his connects parents. If I remember correctly he had done this a number of times getting money off of people for pot then killing them and keeping the cash.I think her had a Italian name or the older couple he killed had Italian name. I think it was something like Marrafiorte or similar

Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854595
08/06/15 05:28 PM
08/06/15 05:28 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
The Marafiotes, that's correct. The son, Dominic, appears to have been an associate of Mildura and Riverina district figures, but I have not come across any definitive proof as yet. He was murdered by Alistair Sandy MacRae, who also drove to Adelaide and murdered Dominic's elderly parents, Carmelo and Rosa, looking for money which was eventually discovered by investigators hidden in Rosa's clothing.
MacRae's alleged to have killed up to 25 people, and was associated with Geoffrey Lamb, who ran a string of brothels in the '60's and '70's. MacRae supposedly struck out on his own in the '70's.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854669
08/07/15 04:02 AM
08/07/15 04:02 AM
D
dannymac Offline
Wiseguy
dannymac  Offline
D
Wiseguy
Geoffrey Lamb didn't chopper mention him in one of his books? A guy from an old moneyed family who ran brothels in Melbourne? In my research keep coming across the Sergei family and Griffith is Griffith a strong hold for N drine? Mickey thanks for takin time to answer all these questions.

Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854673
08/07/15 06:18 AM
08/07/15 06:18 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Griffith has had a Calabrian Mob presence since the 1930's, possibly 1920's. An early boss and one of the first identified in Government commissioned reports was Rocco Tremarchi, murdered in 1932. Not so much a stronghold in so far as other cells are just as if not stronger, but they are easily the best known cell in Australia due to the Mackay murder.

Another thing on Domenic Marafiote; he had flipped by late 1982. At the time he was murdered, aged 42, he was acting as an informant for SA police and had named several high figures there and in NSW and VIC. This is also a plausible motive for his murder.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854827
08/08/15 04:22 AM
08/08/15 04:22 AM
D
dannymac Offline
Wiseguy
dannymac  Offline
D
Wiseguy
So was Macrae convicted of killing Marafiote or just the parents? Denis Allen is someone who really interests me how he was able to operate for so long when it seems like he was playing all sides against the middle. Was it common knowledge in the underworld that he was an informant? Why didn't Hells Angels retaliate when he killed Victor Gouruff(not sure if it was him or Anton Kenny who was the Hells Angel)Allen seems to have killed a lot of people did he always act alone,I know he was one of the Pentingells,did he have a crew.

Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #854829
08/08/15 05:33 AM
08/08/15 05:33 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
I believe he was eventually convicted of all three murders as well as a score of others.
Dennis Allen was a fucken nutjob. He started informing on rivals pretty early in his career. In a sense, the extended Pettingill clan served as his "enforcers", but he always had a bunch of hanger-ons around him (Not the Flemington crew, they mainly stuck to bank robberies, but I've seen people include them with Allen before. Allen was a drug dealer, first and primarily, before his other rackets). In latter day interviews, Jason Ryan admitted to being party to some of Allen's violence, as young as he was (just what Ryan has said, not sure how much credence to put in to that).
As far as the Angels are concerned, IIRC Anton Kenny was known as an informer himself, and was no longer affiliated with the local chapter by the time of his murder.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #855699
08/12/15 09:51 PM
08/12/15 09:51 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
The last one is based onInfiltration By Colin McLaren. Good read and details how he brought down Tony Romeo (who was later murdered) and Trimbole's son, amongst others. Another good read is Wired by Damien Marriott. Marriott was a younger officer who spent time undercover with McLaren. The thing is,it affected Marriott a lot differently. He talks about it in his book, and while I have the utmost admiration for him, people talk about him becoming a little unhinged during the sting.

A correction to this post, it's actually a book titled Undercover where Marriott talks about infiltrating the Griffith cell, as well as his dealings with Matteo Medici of Mildura.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #855730
08/13/15 04:15 AM
08/13/15 04:15 AM
D
dannymac Offline
Wiseguy
dannymac  Offline
D
Wiseguy
Hearing a lot about Rocco Arico being the one who ordered fatboys murder but in one article it said he had to discuss this with Mick Gatto first why would he need to do that? Is Arico connected in anyway? Is fatboys father George still a player and was he involved in large scale drug manufacture/dealing before Carl took over.

Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #855745
08/13/15 09:12 AM
08/13/15 09:12 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Nah, George is done. IIRC, he had some loose connects to the FSPDU, but was a bit player before his son embarked on his crusade.
Fucking Arico...wasn't he connected with Dino Dibra, and by extension at the time, the Sunshine Crew and Williams himself? I know he was named as a suspect in the Mladenich hit, and that Williams was alleged to have been planning on talking about it, which may have implicated him (Arico). I also recently read some articles that named Arico as a suspect in the murder, and understand that Johnson and the as yet unnamed inmate present were associates of Aricos.
I call bullshit on the Gatto connection RE Carl Williams murder. Source for that? As far as I understand, a former Gatto associate claims that Arico communicated details of the murder to Gatto, and that Gatto may have known that Williams might be killed, but no indication of a conspiracy to murder on Gatto's part, or a required "permission", so to speak, sought from him. It seems pretty well established that Johnson murdered him on account of the revelations published in the Sun that very same day, and potential further information Williams was going to supply to police (he was known as a dog/rat by that time). I can't answer whether or not Arico was indeed responsible for the order, but his history indicates he has both the clout and connections to be a viable suspect. I mean, there's obviously a reason police are looking at him so hard (and multiple sources state that he was amongst the first to know of Williams death). It's a bit of a cluster-fuck at present. We had to wait years just for Goussis, The Duke and Johnson's names to be released. The next few years will likely see more light shed on the matter.

...fuck, sorry for the wall'o'text. FWIW, I found Aricos current lawyers surname interesting, considering its shared by a prominent victim of the Gangland War who did have established connections to some Calabrian families.

(cough.)
Re: Alphonse Gangitano - most kooky mobster? [Re: night_timer] #883658
05/18/16 07:49 AM
05/18/16 07:49 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Way off the original topic, but I guess this can be a general Australian thread now.

Just a stub article, but refers to Calabrian involvement in the illicit tobacco trade. Federal taxes account for up to 50 to 80% of the cost of cigarettes here, and it's a massive source of revenue for the government. Hence the thriving trade in "home-grown" tobacco. Certain East Coast 'ndrine own and cultivate vast farmlands, where farmers used to grow "king-crop" weed plantations alongside their tomatoes (Tomatos?? Tomatoes??)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion...0e874a2d54e19b7

(cough.)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull