I was looking through the beefs between families thread and giacomo posted a really interesting story about a beef between a west coast profaci capo (colombos were more spread out in that day and age) and a san francisco capo. I always wrote them off ever since jimmy frattiano wrote in his book that jimmy lanza was only good for selling olive oil and insurance. Then I started digging in to what happened there and it turns out lanza's office was bugged for a good two years ago. very similar to what happened to decavalcante. They picked up some of what happened there day to day and frattiano in his early days approached lanza asking to use his connections to secure for his cement hauling company. Lanza said he should do it himself.

How powerful were these guys? especially back in the day. Where would they rank against other families. Were they just very shadowy? More powerful than San Jose? Did they kick up/answer to anyone? Lastly if anyone has any anecdotes from any of the made men that would be really great. Stories, information, anything.