GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Irishman12, CNote, 2 invisible), 238 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,362
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820455
12/23/14 10:11 AM
12/23/14 10:11 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Great article Scott, this was one I was looking forward to once you mentioned it. I've been stating I wonder where Chickie will fit into things once he comes home. I thought that at most, he'd take another Captain position, so I'm surprised people are thinking that they're making a space for him in the administration. But it makes sense, the guy deserves it, did freaking 30+ years standing on his head. I'm also surprised to hear Ligambi is willing to step down, if Chickie wanted to be Consigliere, which I think is the most realistic scenario for Chickie & that current regime. But that also makes sense, Ligambi has seemed as if he's wanted to step away and live comfortably since his trials officially ended. As far as anyone not buying him being Consigliere, it makes sense, if Mazzone is now acting boss, and Johnny Chang is underboss, the last acting boss, who was rumored to be stepping down, it isn't a shock he might be Consigliere. Another thing I found interesting, is about Chickie advising Merlino & Mikey Chang to stop the shit and go under Stanfa. I had kind of had an idea that's what happened, but I remember someone mentioning on either this forum or the real deal board that instead, Chickie were advising them to continue to disobey Stanfa, and actually pitted Michael against his brother. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why he'd put his sons against each other, granted these guys kill for the "business", even their own relatives, but the Ciancaglini's were never known to be dysfunctional when Chickie was on the street according to informants like Leonetti, and he loved his sons and they loved him. But as I suspected it seems like neither he nor Johnny wished for Joey Jr. & Michael to go against each other, let alone kill and maim one another. I just find it really interesting that Ciancaglini was advising Merlino & Mikey to go under Stanfa, it shows how Chickie feels about the rules. Although I don't think Philly is on the edge of an all-out war, I do think things are brewing. Narducci and his guys are one thing, so are the Pungitore's, but with Chickie back on the street, it is interesting to question if he's still loyal to Scarfo. And we know how Nicky Scarfo feels about Joey Merlino. Not only that, but one has to wonder how Chickie must feel at the fact that apparently Merlino & Mikey disobeyed him, which led to the death of one son, and the other becoming disabled. He could blame Merlino for all of that, and I don't see son siding against dad, if dad decided to move against Merlino, though anything is possible in the criminal underworld. I do know one thing, he doesn't have to act immediately either, if Chickie does actually take Mazzone's place, and Mazzone willfully steps down, and Johnny Chang remains underboss, the power now lies with the Ciancaglini's, not Merlino.

Just my two cents.

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820461
12/23/14 10:40 AM
12/23/14 10:40 AM
J
jipjones Offline
Made Member
jipjones  Offline
J
Made Member
A lot of speculation I agree it was a great article.. Chickie at 80 is not going to become THE ACTING BOSS and he prolly does not want it either.. he'll be involved some how mayb take Consig title hell be a Mentor and a damn good one for Merlino,Mazzone,and Johnny. Chickie and all the OLD Scarfo guys have no Loyalty to Scarfo ne more there prolly pissed because of how Scarfo was they had to do there 30 plus years.. Even though they have no Love for Joey Mazzone holding it together nothing will change.. and Finally theres prolly not going to be BLOODSHED but if there is when have u known Joey Merlino to back down... has possibilities of being more bloody then the STANFA war but in this day and age nothing will prolly happened not wit Stevie keeping the Peace.. Old Scarfo guys r content

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820462
12/23/14 10:51 AM
12/23/14 10:51 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Chickie becoming boss is highly unlikely, IMO. However Scott says he's been told by reliable people that Chickie wants to run Philly on a daily basis. I think Consigliere is the most realistic position for him, but him wanting the Acting Boss position is a possibility, him getting it is even a possibility. But I find it unlikely and it remains to be seen. And lets not fool ourselves thinking that the guys coming out now have no loyalty to Scarfo. Scarfo is out of the picture, loyalty doesn't mean kicking up to the guy and putting money on his books and paying for his appeal efforts or carrying out his orders. It simply means they share his view point in regards to the current regime, of what the life has become, and still respect the way he ran things. Some guys, Chickie would be a guy I'd bet on, may have different ideas about how to run the family. Not saying they'd be wise ideas, he's been in the can for over thirty years, but I see Chickie as being a guy who's views may but against those of the younger generation.

And nobody said anything about any blood being shed.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/23/14 10:52 AM.
Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820517
12/23/14 06:32 PM
12/23/14 06:32 PM
T
tjonezee Offline
Made Member
tjonezee  Offline
T
Made Member
Call me crazy, but why exactly does chickie deserve a spot in the hierarchy? He's an 80 year old man that hasn't run a scam in 30 years. A hell of alot has changed since he's been away. It'll take him 2 months to figure out how to work the gas pump at wawa. I get that he did his time in standup fashion, but this talk of being given a top spot is laughable, and probably true at the same time. Things are run a little different than they were back in his day. And by a little I mean alot. Consigliere? This guy wasnt any good at keeping himself from nearly dying in jail, so lets let him advise the rest of the family on how to act. Sorry, but I don't get the logic in this.

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820520
12/23/14 07:04 PM
12/23/14 07:04 PM
J
jipjones Offline
Made Member
jipjones  Offline
J
Made Member
I agree man and at that age how long do u think he'll be around?? And I know how everybody thinks Joey's Stupid I said it before ill say it again like when Ron Previte tried to get Joey on Tape to discuss Coke deals and Joey would not.. Just like Nicky Skins.. Joey has experience and knows wat to look out for in RATS.. and Im sure Joey got other smarts too.. but I think Chickie with his experience could be very knowledgeable on some future deals to advise Merlino little John Chang and Stevie Handsome.. Like for example guys I don't kno about this guy he seems like a snake or draws too much attention or hes hot or in my day that's where Chickie could be Handy... Or Joey gives this part to Narducci Narducci kicks this end up ect..

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820527
12/23/14 09:22 PM
12/23/14 09:22 PM
S
scottburn Offline OP
Button
scottburn  Offline OP
S
Button
let me just clarify here: Im not saying Chickie def wants the acting boss job aka to run Philly on a daily basis. What im saying ive heard from some pretty reliable people that he's saying he might or at least he does wants back in on decision making in some capacity. I don't think anything is in stone. just spec, other than Chickie is telling people he doesn't want to retire

Scott

Last edited by scottburn; 12/23/14 09:25 PM.
Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820613
12/24/14 01:05 PM
12/24/14 01:05 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

merry xmis board. so I guessing all those scarfo guys who got sentenced in 1988 or when they went to trial and got 45 years. the judge didn't give them supervise release or xlists of people they cant hang around with. cause the narducci guy is posing with felons innhis pics. also your rite after 30 yrs in prison usally you turn into a weirdo or really recluse. but not all. seems like the westside make you a capo when you turn 70ty underboss at 80 so philly should take a page. also think the judge thought no one of these guys would live out there sentences.

Last edited by pmac; 12/24/14 01:06 PM.
Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820680
12/25/14 08:36 AM
12/25/14 08:36 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Michael & Joseph Ciancaglini were only half brothers according to this episode of The FBI Files.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20wkdf_the-fbi-files-s07e03-the-great-philly-mob-war_shortfilms

Well that adds a bit of perspective.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820683
12/25/14 08:56 AM
12/25/14 08:56 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Half brothers, they still share the same parent. And I think Chickie fathered them both. Either way, his sons turning on each other doesn't seem to be what he wanted.

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: SinatraClub] #820696
12/25/14 11:36 AM
12/25/14 11:36 AM
M
marine Offline
Made Member
marine  Offline
M
Made Member
Yea kinda wondered why two brothers, would go opposite ways.. especially in that game. Why did the one brother side with older stanfa.? that is where my dad said look at that brothers killing each other... you don't wanna be one of those guys.. there is only one family, and it aint the mob.. Merry Christmas

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820708
12/25/14 03:29 PM
12/25/14 03:29 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Stanfa made Joey Ciancaglini his underboss in an effort to appease Michael Ciancaglini & Joey Merlino, and to try to bring about peace, as a way of bringing them together by having a mutual link. Which goes to show that at some point Joey & Michael had to be allies, if Stanfa thought making Joey Jr his underboss would help keep Mikey & Merlino at bay. Under this arrangement is how Joey Merlino & Mikey Chang were made into the Philly Mob in the first place. That fell apart though, I don't know exactly why or how as that is for the large part still a mystery to me.

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: SinatraClub] #820740
12/26/14 07:41 AM
12/26/14 07:41 AM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
wasnt chickie the man before he ever went inside? Seemed like a real level guy.

its 7 am excuse the nonsensical post

Last edited by BarrettM; 12/26/14 07:41 AM.
Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820742
12/26/14 08:10 AM
12/26/14 08:10 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Chickie was also well respected on the street before he ever went to prison, that's true BarrettM.

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820751
12/26/14 09:23 AM
12/26/14 09:23 AM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
Chickie was very respected before he went away, people forget but he may have not been on the street more than a year during the Scarfo era. He originally got put away in 82 and this was after getting out from another stint of about 5-7 years, people forget that he was well established in the Bruno era. During his sentencing in 89 the prosecutor pointed out that Chickie had he not been behind bars for over a decade would have been boss.

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820752
12/26/14 09:29 AM
12/26/14 09:29 AM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Who was in his crew?

Yeah it was probably best he missed the scarfo years. I used to have a doc on my computer on the old Bruno captains. The captains in the family during bruno and scarfo eras were COMPLETELY different even though it was just a couple of years. That's not because they died off either, a lot of them simply faded away in to obscurity and scarfo phased in the guys he trusted. Chickie would have def been part of the makeup of the family under scarfo though because of the respect he had but he went to jail. Who all was in his crew?

Last edited by BarrettM; 12/26/14 09:30 AM.
Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: BarrettM] #820756
12/26/14 10:38 AM
12/26/14 10:38 AM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Who was in his crew?

Yeah it was probably best he missed the scarfo years. I used to have a doc on my computer on the old Bruno captains. The captains in the family during bruno and scarfo eras were COMPLETELY different even though it was just a couple of years. That's not because they died off either, a lot of them simply faded away in to obscurity and scarfo phased in the guys he trusted. Chickie would have def been part of the makeup of the family under scarfo though because of the respect he had but he went to jail. Who all was in his crew?
the crew that tommy del and faffy took over was Chickies crew so you got tommy and faffy, nicky crow, charlie white, pat the cat spirito and ralph staino as an associate. There were others I just can't think of there names right now

Last edited by SonnyL; 12/26/14 10:42 AM.
Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820768
12/26/14 11:06 AM
12/26/14 11:06 AM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
What is really left for him to get in, small book and shy maybe.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: scottburn] #820785
12/26/14 01:34 PM
12/26/14 01:34 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
Nice to see Ligambi make room for Chickie now but, who is going to be the one to step down in 2033, when Papa Bear comes home?

Re: Chickie Ciancaglini wants back in [Re: SonnyL] #820789
12/26/14 02:16 PM
12/26/14 02:16 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyL
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Who was in his crew?

the crew that tommy del and faffy took over was Chickies crew so you got tommy and faffy, nicky crow, charlie white, pat the cat spirito and ralph staino as an associate. There were others I just can't think of there names right now

F Bocchino, T Ferrante, Funze Marconi, Guerino Marconi are a few more possibly..

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull