GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Jimmy_Two_Times, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 350 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,970
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,351
Posts1,059,069
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... #817672
12/07/14 07:25 PM
12/07/14 07:25 PM
VetteZR1 Offline OP
Wiseguy
VetteZR1  Offline OP
Wiseguy
at least a doc that has SOME info on him?? I know hes incredibly low key and all but damn I cant find shit on him. To me, hes the most interesting guy in the mob over the past 20 years. Even in Five Families by Raab, there is barley any mention of him. Anyone have anything?? Thanks in advance!!

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: VetteZR1] #817674
12/07/14 07:45 PM
12/07/14 07:45 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
You'll be hard press to find any documentaries on many of these guys as they are low key, and would like to remain that way. There are reports on Bellomo, you can skim through. As far as I know, Bellomo is semi-retired, while some say he is fully retired, and most say he is the acting boss to the Genovese crime family.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #817677
12/07/14 08:06 PM
12/07/14 08:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
You'll be hard press to find any documentaries on many of these guys as they are low key, and would like to remain that way. There are reports on Bellomo, you can skim through. As far as I know, Bellomo is semi-retired, while some say he is fully retired, and most say he is the acting boss to the Genovese crime family.

The guy has been a ghost since his wife passed away. Literally and figuratively. That's a very tight knit family (his blood family, not his mob family). Wiseguys are people, too. The guy isn't a robot, in spite of what's been written about him over the years.

They write about him like he's still the Boy Wonder. But the truth is, he's pushing sixty and a grandfather now. I hope he enjoys his family and stays on the sidelines. The guy did ten years standing on his head. He deserves it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: pizzaboy] #817748
12/08/14 11:09 AM
12/08/14 11:09 AM
P
pimpanella Offline
Acting Capo
pimpanella  Offline
Acting Capo
P
Button
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

The guy has been a ghost since his wife passed away. Literally and figuratively. That's a very tight knit family (his blood family, not his mob family). Wiseguys are people, too. The guy isn't a robot, in spite of what's been written about him over the years.

They write about him like he's still the Boy Wonder. But the truth is, he's pushing sixty and a grandfather now. I hope he enjoys his family and stays on the sidelines. The guy did ten years standing on his head. He deserves it.

It's funny he took the family over when he was 29 years old.

Nutella !!! Nutella!!! I want my Nutella!!!

ICE-HEAD! ICE-HEAD! - BETH (DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER)

"Hey Brand-do!" - Darryl Sheets
Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: VetteZR1] #817750
12/08/14 11:17 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

D'Arco mentioned him a little below...

http://www.laborers.org/DARCO.html

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: VetteZR1] #817751
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
U will be hard pressed to find a current photo of the guy , let alone a documentary

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: pimpanella] #817752
12/08/14 11:18 AM
12/08/14 11:18 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: pimpanella

It's funny he took the family over when he was 29 years old.

That would be 1986. He made captain around that time, but Vince was still firmly in control of the family. As a matter of fact, it can be argued that 1986 was the peak of Vince's power because that's when the rest of The Commission went in for life.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: VetteZR1] #817753
12/08/14 11:25 AM
12/08/14 11:25 AM
Shamm11375 Offline
Button
Shamm11375  Offline
Button
I wonder to what point do some of these top guys... like what kind of real power do they exert over other "gangsters" if any at all...

If every smart top guy is low key and keeps to themselves... at what point do they stop receiving their envelopes?

Maybe I am reading it completely wrong .. I don't know

Btw PB.. I am not yet used to ur new avatar. It keeps throwing me off!

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: Shamm11375] #817754
12/08/14 11:26 AM
12/08/14 11:26 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Shamm11375
Btw PB.. I am not yet used to ur new avatar. It keeps throwing me off!

That's no excuse. I don't want to hear it! lol

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: pizzaboy] #817758
12/08/14 11:33 AM
12/08/14 11:33 AM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button

A tight-knit family, and from what I've heard, a pretty smart one, too. You don't raise businessmen and lawyers if you're a dummy. And every smart person I know wants to stay out of jail. (and I don't know mobsters. but this goes for any one).

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: SharpieOne] #817759
12/08/14 11:39 AM
12/08/14 11:39 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SharpieOne

A tight-knit family, and from what I've heard, a pretty smart one, too. You don't raise businessmen and lawyers if you're a dummy. And every smart person I know wants to stay out of jail. (and I don't know mobsters. but this goes for any one).

I never sugarcoat what he did with his life. But I ALWAYS point out that he raised great kids, and that's worth mentioning when you talk about someone's overall character. They're all bright and have a strong work ethic. Sabrina is brilliant, and the boys never bullied anyone or "dropped a name" in their lives, which is rare for boys who grow up with that kind of father. And it's not like they're pussies, either. They're streetwise, but they strike the right balance between being respectable and being sheltered.

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: VetteZR1] #817831
12/08/14 05:02 PM
12/08/14 05:02 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
I think because there were no rats around him.Most of these documentaries its people who were close to them or the rats themselves talking about.Everytime there is a documentry the go to guys are Michael franzese joe pistone plus his life has not come out in court for the crimes he committed when gravano rated on gotti we basically knew of every murder and racket gotti was involved in so that made an intersting story.But barney theres nothing on this guys crimes so it will be pretty hard to do a 1hr documentary on a guy whos life is completly secret

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: tiger84] #817838
12/08/14 05:20 PM
12/08/14 05:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: tiger84
I think because there were no rats around him.Most of these documentaries its people who were close to them or the rats themselves talking about.Everytime there is a documentry the go to guys are Michael franzese joe pistone plus his life has not come out in court for the crimes he committed when gravano rated on gotti we basically knew of every murder and racket gotti was involved in so that made an intersting story.But barney theres nothing on this guys crimes so it will be pretty hard to do a 1hr documentary on a guy whos life is completly secret

That's it in a nutshell. And as bright as he is, Barney's very fortunate that the Fish flipped when he did. Because if the Feds had been smart enough to wire up Cafaro and leave him on the street for a few years, he could have brought down the whole Buckaloo crew. And as the Buckaloo Crew goes, so goes the Genovese Family.

But the Feds really aren't as smart as they think they are. They were incredibly shortsighted there. But they were so hellbent with Fat Tony and with the Manna-Gotti incident, that they really underplayed their hand there.

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: pizzaboy] #817843
12/08/14 05:32 PM
12/08/14 05:32 PM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted By: tiger84

That's it in a nutshell. And as bright as he is, Barney's very fortunate that the Fish flipped when he did. Because if the Feds had been smart enough to wire up Cafaro and leave him on the street for a few years, he could have brought down the whole Buckaloo crew. And as the Buckaloo Crew goes, so goes the Genovese Family.

But the Feds really aren't as smart as they think they are. They were incredibly shortsighted there. But they were so hellbent with Fat Tony and with the Manna-Gotti incident, that they really underplayed their hand there.

Know this is of topic,but it seems that buckaloo's crew was the trongest West side crew.What would be the strongest Gambino crew thru history?

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: VetteZR1] #817866
12/08/14 06:14 PM
12/08/14 06:14 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Gambinos have usually been the manhatten and Brooklyn factions . Maybe they have a lot more but that is what I was always told

Barney is one of the most successful , no one knows shit about him but I bet he
Owns part of a lot companies and real estate ( silent or not ) . Elder statesmen is a real possibility for him

IMO the Lion is the dominant player in the group with another few no one knows much about

Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: VetteZR1] #817884
12/08/14 08:20 PM
12/08/14 08:20 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Look at Bellomo and then look at Merlino dancing around with an umbrella with a bunch of nit wits and then going on instragram.
talk about a juxtaposition !
Pb, does barney reside in pelham manor? How did his wife die?

Last edited by Belmont; 12/08/14 08:21 PM.
Re: Is there ANY documentaries on Barney Bellomo or... [Re: Belmont] #817885
12/08/14 08:51 PM
12/08/14 08:51 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Look at Bellomo and then look at Merlino dancing around with an umbrella with a bunch of nit wits and then going on instragram.

And when you point that out, they call you a bitter old man. And I'm only three years older than Joey! (Full dislosure: I had to Google him to find out that he was born in '62) lol.

Pb, does barney reside in pelham manor?

Not anymore.

How did his wife die?

Stage Four lung cancer. Diagnosed and passed away in a couple months time. She was only in her 50's. Very sad, no matter what your husband does for a living. And like I said, they're a very tight knit family.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull