GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 267 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #816520
12/02/14 05:36 AM
12/02/14 05:36 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
That shine went after gotti to make a name for himself and where did that get him...blacks are known as bullies and are usually kept in check by the mexicans who hate blacks more than the kkk.
Typical shine move. Gotti was an elderly guy and in declining health. Gee, lets all go beat up Carmine Persico who is in his 80's and claim we beat up a mob boss.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: Belmont] #816524
12/02/14 05:46 AM
12/02/14 05:46 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Belmont
That shine went after gotti to make a name for himself and where did that get him...blacks are known as bullies and are usually kept in check by the mexicans who hate blacks more than the kkk.
Typical shine move. Gotti was an elderly guy and in declining health. Gee, lets all go beat up Carmine Persico who is in his 80's and claim we beat up a mob boss.

I dont think gotti was sick at the time of the incident. I tink late 97 or 98 he got sick. Also its not like Gotti didnt do anything to piss the guy off. Lastly who cares if he got beat up wasnt he a murderer. I have no sympathy for any killers

Last edited by JCrusher; 12/02/14 05:47 AM.
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #816525
12/02/14 05:54 AM
12/02/14 05:54 AM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Well put JCrusher fuck him if he took a licking too bad.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: JCrusher] #816536
12/02/14 06:30 AM
12/02/14 06:30 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
John gotti wanted to go to jail until it was time to go

What does that even mean? The guy was a lousy boss but every bid he ever did was done standing on his fucking head.

Then he got hospitalized for being a dumbass in jail

Please. That monkey beat up an old man. Real tough guy rolleyes.

Who the fuck is this clown?

"wanted to go to jail until it was time to go to jail?"

huh? He did his sentence, and was never afraid of jail, which is obvious from the Ravenite tapes.

i agree he did his time but he still was a dumbass boss

That is a different debate my friend. I was just responding to the guys claim that Gotti was afraid of jail.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #816542
12/02/14 06:58 AM
12/02/14 06:58 AM
V
vitovito Offline OP
Wiseguy
vitovito  Offline OP
V
Wiseguy

I think it took 7 years before Gene was jailed!
He was out on bail for the entire time! Apparently Carneglia insulted the 92 yr old judge shortly before sentencing!
I am amazed they never won any appeal to have the sentence reduced.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: pizzaboy] #816544
12/02/14 07:11 AM
12/02/14 07:11 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Originally Posted By: bronx
gene and carnig were not the only guys that got crushed..tony morelli, ozzie,, cabert,frankie loc. several more his dumb ass brother pete,sonny c. primo flipped forced to go to trial..

Oh, absolutely. But most of these guys only know what they see in books (no offense to any of them personally). But Sonny got fucking hammered. And no one---but no one---got fucked like Frankie. And I'm not just saying that because he's a Bronx guy. His brother Joe warned him that he'd regret getting tied up with John. Joe was a sweetheart.

Is it true that Gotti often used to treat Frankie like a lackey? I'm thinking of one of Gravano's stories in his book when they were in prison and John yelled at Frankie in front of everybody and treated him like a punk.
Also I think Frankie's son was a made guy, whatever happened to him?

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: Malandrino] #816555
12/02/14 08:38 AM
12/02/14 08:38 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Malandrino
gene and carnig were not the only guys that got crushed..tony morelli, ozzie,, cabert,frankie loc. several more his dumb ass brother pete,sonny c. primo flipped forced to go to trial..

Oh, absolutely. But most of these guys only know what they see in books (no offense to any of them personally). But Sonny got fucking hammered. And no one---but no one---got fucked like Frankie. And I'm not just saying that because he's a Bronx guy. His brother Joe warned him that he'd regret getting tied up with John. Joe was a sweetheart.

Is it true that Gotti often used to treat Frankie like a lackey? I'm thinking of one of Gravano's stories in his book when they were in prison and John yelled at Frankie in front of everybody and treated him like a punk.
Also I think Frankie's son was a made guy, whatever happened to him?

Sammy Gravano is a lying, sexually confused midget, who turned his wife and children into dope dealers. Enough said.

Tore LoCascio is retired and living in Florida, and he made millions of dollars in the tech industry both before and after he was active in the mob. That demonstrates intelligence.

Now look at Tore, and look at Sammy's kids. His daughter's a fat pig with a bastard Black child, and his son's a chronically unemployed loser who believes that his father's name still counts for something. Pathetic wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: pizzaboy] #816568
12/02/14 09:51 AM
12/02/14 09:51 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
for sure, frank kept himself old school his whole life..until gotti ruined him..

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: JCrusher] #816580
12/02/14 10:23 AM
12/02/14 10:23 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
he was sick those years

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: bronx] #816582
12/02/14 10:28 AM
12/02/14 10:28 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
he was sick those years

I think so, too. His cancer was slow growing and the type that breaks you down over YEARS. Not all cancers kill you right away. And a lot of them are manageable, if not curable. But like I said up top, you don't want to get sick in stir. They literally hope that you die to save some money.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: pizzaboy] #816584
12/02/14 10:41 AM
12/02/14 10:41 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
by 98 he was in very bad shape, when jr went to see him ,he was in springfield, medical it is on video, his sickness was not very public ,if i remember at that time

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: pizzaboy] #816591
12/02/14 11:29 AM
12/02/14 11:29 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo

Sammy Gravano is a lying, sexually confused midget, who turned his wife and children into dope dealers. Enough said.

Tore LoCascio is retired and living in Florida, and he made millions of dollars in the tech industry both before and after he was active in the mob. That demonstrates intelligence.

Now look at Tore, and look at Sammy's kids. His daughter's a fat pig with a bastard Black child, and his son's a chronically unemployed loser who believes that his father's name still counts for something. Pathetic wink.

Oh don't get me wrong I completely agree about Sammy, I was just wondering if that incident in particular was true. That's good to hear about his kid though... Frankie Loc was a stand up guy, even if his son wasn't made I doubt he'd have made any kind of deal with the g-man.
Do you know anything specifically about what kind of technology business he used to have? Computers, home electrics?

I guess that means the story about Frankie wanting to whack John isn't true either...

-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: Malandrino] #816605
12/02/14 11:51 AM
12/02/14 11:51 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
tori was a captain.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: Blackjack2121] #816607
12/02/14 11:55 AM
12/02/14 11:55 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
John gotti wanted to go to jail until it was time to go

What does that even mean? The guy was a lousy boss but every bid he ever did was done standing on his fucking head.

Then he got hospitalized for being a dumbass in jail

Please. That monkey beat up an old man. Real tough guy rolleyes.

Who the fuck is this clown?

"wanted to go to jail until it was time to go to jail?"

huh? He did his sentence, and was never afraid of jail, which is obvious from the Ravenite tapes.

it's obvious he did his time seeing that he got hospitalized while doing so

he could've been a great underboss

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: Malandrino] #816633
12/02/14 01:34 PM
12/02/14 01:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Oh don't get me wrong I completely agree about Sammy, I was just wondering if that incident in particular was true. That's good to hear about his kid though... Frankie Loc was a stand up guy, even if his son wasn't made I doubt he'd have made any kind of deal with the g-man.
Do you know anything specifically about what kind of technology business he used to have? Computers, home electrics?

I guess that means the story about Frankie wanting to whack John isn't true either...

I always found the orange story in prison Gravano later told rather believable.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #816637
12/02/14 01:44 PM
12/02/14 01:44 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
I dont believe it for a second.

When Interpol?
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #816638
12/02/14 01:45 PM
12/02/14 01:45 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
and then Gotti plotted to kill Frank with some Aryan Brotherhood yadda yadda yadda. makes for a good novel. nothing more nothing less.

When Interpol?
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: cheech] #816743
12/02/14 06:29 PM
12/02/14 06:29 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cheech
and then Gotti plotted to kill Frank with some Aryan Brotherhood yadda yadda yadda. makes for a good novel. nothing more nothing less.

I agree Cheech, i never bought into Gravano's assertion. A few reasons why he would lie about Gotti and LoCascio.
1) Gravano wanted to imply Gotti even treated his consig badly which would perhaps add some justification about Gravano flipping.
2) Gravano was still in bed with the feds, maybe the fbi thought bringing that up would split the family up and cause dissent.
3) maybe the feds wanted to cause bad blood between Tore and jr Gotti.

Regardless, i never bought the plot.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #816797
12/03/14 06:37 AM
12/03/14 06:37 AM
L
larrylomascolo Offline
Wiseguy
larrylomascolo  Offline
L
Wiseguy
Frank LoC did appeal his conviction more than once and just recently a year or 2 ago for insufficient evidence and lost all his attempts,like he said im in jail for being with my friend J Gotti ,he was not consiglere for long that put him in that room and had 1 arrest i think ,he got screwed,and he is sick now,

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: Belmont] #817080
12/04/14 03:39 PM
12/04/14 03:39 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member

In that particular case, and judging by the law enforcement accounts of the altercation, Gotti started the whole problem by being an a-hole. Granted, nobody here was there (including me), so we can only go by second and third-hand accounts of the situation. But every report I've read about that incident states that Gotti hurled a racial epithet at the guy, and then they had words. Then the next day the guy assaulted Gotti. My take on the situation is that Gotti, with that big-city Mafia boss mentality, acted as if the prison was his own personal domain, and that he was the King of that domain; so he felt comfortable throwing his weight around.

And Gotti was not that old -- he was 55 at the time, and he wouldn't be diagnosed with cancer for several more years. I saw video of Gotti as late as January of 1998 I believe, and he looked fit and robust. Those five video clips of Gotti talking with Victoria and her son and Peter Gotti were leaked to the press and posted online. Gotti looked healthy.

I think John was so used to being an isolated, protected boss who was used to having others do his dirty work for him that he forgot what it was like to actually be down in the trenches.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: JCrusher] #817081
12/04/14 03:43 PM
12/04/14 03:43 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

I dont think gotti was sick at the time of the incident. I tink late 97 or 98 he got sick. Also its not like Gotti didnt do anything to piss the guy off. Lastly who cares if he got beat up wasnt he a murderer. I have no sympathy for any killers

Gotti was a mafia boss; he was no saint. Yet so many people on here take offense that somebody had the nerve to actually punch Gotti. Like Gotti, although he was a mafia boss and a killer (and probably a drug dealer as well) was some sort of untouchable, mythical figure that was beyond reproach. It's weird how so many guys willingly admit that Gotti was all of the above, yet they still seem to hold him in high esteem. That's strange. Weird, convoluted sense of ethics.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #817170
12/05/14 04:58 AM
12/05/14 04:58 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Yeah. Gotti started that shit by being racist and throwing his weight around. The guy beat up Gotti fair and square.

Gotti thought he could command fear and respect just because of who he was like he was Galante or something.

It's different times though and Gotti & Galante would get their asses handed to them if they didn't have their goons with them.

You have to fall in line now.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #817173
12/05/14 05:07 AM
12/05/14 05:07 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Gotti was a different breed than Galante. Apparently Lilo was the kinda guy who would go out and murder somebody personally if he wanted, regardless of his position at the top of the hierarchy.
He was unusually tough and fearless even in his 60s. He's been rumored to have participated in over 70 murders, most of which I wouldn't be surprised if he'd done them himself.
Of course he'd get his ass handed to him by a 200lbs black man, but that man would have to look over his shoulder the rest of his life as chances are Carmine would personally stick a pair of shears through his ear the day after.
Gotti was apparently good with his fists also but he was never as crazy and fearless, which is why he paid the AB to take him out.

-What's a couple?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: Malandrino] #817250
12/05/14 03:43 PM
12/05/14 03:43 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Gotti was a different breed than Galante. Apparently Lilo was the kinda guy who would go out and murder somebody personally if he wanted, regardless of his position at the top of the hierarchy.
He was unusually tough and fearless even in his 60s. He's been rumored to have participated in over 70 murders, most of which I wouldn't be surprised if he'd done them himself.
Of course he'd get his ass handed to him by a 200lbs black man, but that man would have to look over his shoulder the rest of his life as chances are Carmine would personally stick a pair of shears through his ear the day after.
Gotti was apparently good with his fists also but he was never as crazy and fearless, which is why he paid the AB to take him out.

I suspect a lot of these 'tough, fearless' mobsters are not quite as tough and fearless as they are often portrayed, at least not when they are in a one-on-one situation. It's easy to play the tough, fearless role when you have an army of henchman at your beck and call. And a guy like Gotti gets credited with being this prolific, vicious murderer and such, but how many guys did Gotti personally kill -- with his own hands? Barking out orders to underlings and having your henchman do the dirty work is how a lot of these guys build their 'vicious' reputations. A lot of these guys, of course, are evil and sinister and underhanded, but a lot of them are probably not really 'tough' or 'violent' themselves in a physical sense. And when you get a guy like Gotti and stick him in a prison without his army, all of a sudden he becomes mortal.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #817256
12/05/14 04:21 PM
12/05/14 04:21 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Which is why I said in the beginning that Galante was a different breed from Gotti. You think Galante had an army with him in jail? He'd been there for more than 10 years.. everybody forgets about you when you go away. It's a well known fact Galante was a vicious psychopath, he was even diagnosed as such in jail.
I'm not sure about Gotti, but he was never as feared as Galante was. His fear mostly stemmed from the media and not from the street rep.

-What's a couple?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: Malandrino] #817260
12/05/14 04:25 PM
12/05/14 04:25 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Which is why I said in the beginning that Galante was a different breed from Gotti. You think Galante had an army with him in jail? He'd been there for more than 10 years.. everybody forgets about you when you go away. It's a well known fact Galante was a vicious psychopath, he was even diagnosed as such in jail.
I'm not sure about Gotti, but he was never as feared as Galante was. His fear mostly stemmed from the media and not from the street rep.

good post about galente. in Vincent Teresa book, which came out years ago, he says of galente, while serving his time "the cigar" [galente] got whatever he wanted, nobody defied galente not even the guards. he ruled that joint. he was a different kind. scaring, scary people. nobody feared gotti like they feared galente!

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: JasonAnthony74] #817297
12/05/14 07:49 PM
12/05/14 07:49 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74

I suspect a lot of these 'tough, fearless' mobsters are not quite as tough and fearless as they are often portrayed, at least not when they are in a one-on-one situation. It's easy to play the tough, fearless role when you have an army of henchman at your beck and call. And a guy like Gotti gets credited with being this prolific, vicious murderer and such, but how many guys did Gotti personally kill -- with his own hands? Barking out orders to underlings and having your henchman do the dirty work is how a lot of these guys build their 'vicious' reputations. A lot of these guys, of course, are evil and sinister and underhanded, but a lot of them are probably not really 'tough' or 'violent' themselves in a physical sense. And when you get a guy like Gotti and stick him in a prison without his army, all of a sudden he becomes mortal.

Why do you think these vicious henchmen followed orders from Galante and Gotti? Soft and weak guys usually don't last too long in the criminal world. If Gotti and Galante were soft and weak, the vicious henchmen would have sensed it and they would have been dead long ago. You act like these capos and bosses were regular people who were pick up off the street one day and annointed as capos and bosses.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #817319
12/06/14 01:28 AM
12/06/14 01:28 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I think what he was saying is that Gotti & Galante, while tough in their own right, would probably lose more fights than they would win in prison and a lot of the fear they command (particularly Galante) is because of how much power they had and how intemperate they were.

Nothing soft and weak about them physically or even mentally. It's just that their physical prowess does not match up to their aura.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: Moe_Tilden] #817430
12/06/14 01:17 PM
12/06/14 01:17 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I think what he was saying is that Gotti & Galante, while tough in their own right, would probably lose more fights than they would win in prison and a lot of the fear they command (particularly Galante) is because of how much power they had and how intemperate they were.

Nothing soft and weak about them physically or even mentally. It's just that their physical prowess does not match up to their aura.

Exactly! That's what I was trying to convey.

Take other mafia bosses for example -- guys like Carlo Gambino and Paul Castellano: both those guys were feared and had a lot of power and sway in the criminal world. But if you took either guy out of his element and put him in some prison out here on the West Coast (or even in another country), what would you be left with: an old, physically weak guy who would be easy pickings for any random jailhouse predator.

The power of a typical mafia boss is sort of transitory. They have a lot of power when they are in their own element (and when backed up by their organization), but when isolated and moved to another area (or placed in a prison), they become very ordinary.

I'm sure a lot of guys in the mob are physically tough and capable, but simply being a mobster or belonging to a mob family does not make one a physical beast or a proficient, highly-skilled fighter. And sitting around in social clubs, smoking cigars, and feasting on gourmet foods doesn't do much for one's physical abilities.

Re: Gene Gotti Release date! [Re: vitovito] #817433
12/06/14 02:14 PM
12/06/14 02:14 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
So now we're judging the mobsters by their boxing/martial arts skills? I get your point man, it's just not that particularly interesting.
A powerful man is a powerful man, no matter his physical abilities. By your logic you can take the president and he wouldn't hold any power in the Himalayas or wherever... ALL power is transitory.

-What's a couple?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull