GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 333 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vid Con 2015 #816216
11/30/14 01:54 PM
11/30/14 01:54 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
My daughter has me going to this thing called Vid Con. We were on the wait list but now have official tickets. It starts in July of 2015 runs for 3 days. Does anyone know about it?
Anyone going or want to go?

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #816220
11/30/14 02:09 PM
11/30/14 02:09 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
http://vidcon.com
Never heard of it but here it is.

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #816227
11/30/14 02:36 PM
11/30/14 02:36 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
Thanks Mark. Very informative.

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #816240
11/30/14 03:40 PM
11/30/14 03:40 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Can't say i've ever heard of it..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #816293
12/01/14 02:05 AM
12/01/14 02:05 AM
A
Ama_Gi Offline
Wiseguy
Ama_Gi  Offline
A
Wiseguy
Heard of it, should be fun!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward, whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I die, you are forgiven, but if I live, I will kill you'. Such is the rule of honor.
Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #853666
07/30/15 04:00 PM
07/30/15 04:00 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
I survived the three day VidconYouTube event !!! There should be a shirt for that or a flask. Here is my review:

First of all, I must say that the security was top notch. You couldn't walk ten feet without bumping into security. As a parent, I felt comfortable letting my 14 year old daughter and her two friends sit in a panel by themselves. Of course, I was waiting or walking around nearby but I didn't have to be one of those helicopter Moms, right on top of them. My daughter said that while she was waiting in a seat for me to walk back from the ladies room, a guard sat a seat away from her until I got there. So that was definitely a plus.
A+ for security

They had a cozy area for parents to sit and relax. Very nice.
A

The crowd was pretty mellow but I have to say that the selfies and recording themselves on their phones were bothersome. No doubt, I got in at least thirty of the selfies because you couldn't avoid these people.
C

Waiting in the lines for the signing and selfie with the YouTuber you have scheduled to meet could have run much smoother if you ask me. I am planning to write to Vidcon to improve this part of the event. You seriously have to wait on line for up to 3 hours. They need to group them into two or three groups so that you only wait about an hour in line. I calculated it on my stopwatch. It took about 1min 19 sec for each person in line to get a selfie and signature. Some you tubers were more efficient taking only 35 secs. You can get this down to a science. Too much time wasting.
D

There is a drop off/loading area that really makes it convenient for parents. I had to go home so my hubby drove the car up, we traded places and he stayed with the girls while I went on my way. Easy squeezy.
A+

The food trucks were good. There were a ton of restaurants nearby to walk to and the convention center had a few places inside to grab a bite to eat. No alcohol that I could find.
A
D for no wine bar

I booked a hotel room for a few days which really was nice. You walk out the hotel, Bam, there you go, you're right across from the convention center. They were at full capacity so there was a wait at the elevators, the movies ran out and at times the pool was closed for a private party. To me, it was to be expected but to my husband he was pissed so he went home. Once, I did walk up 12 flights of stairs though, ugh. That was tough.
It cost 24 bucks to valet the car each night and I had to go home 3x so that cost me $30 extra since you figure you got to tip the guy a 5 each time. But to me, it's all about convenience and peace of mind.
B

The fact that my daughter and her two friends had the time of their 14 year old lives.
Priceless

We did have an incident. A guy who was completely drunk off his ass, came up to us, specifically my daughter's friend wanting to eat a slice of her pizza. He asked for it. I waited to see what she would say as she looked a little scared. She just said no. He asked her for the crust. I told the guy she said no. You're bothering us now. He asked again so I told him move along. He stood there all dazed and then decided to take my advice. I really think if I wasn't there he may have tried to reach for the pizza.

All in all, Vidcon made all those teens and young adults very happy.

Front

Waiting in line for the signing

Inside

One of the concerts

View of convention center and Disneyland from hotel room

My favorite part of trip

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #853877
08/01/15 03:36 PM
08/01/15 03:36 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Nice share, AG. Good pics!

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #915850
06/23/17 01:32 AM
06/23/17 01:32 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
I am back at this Geekfest, I mean VidCon event. So glad my daughter is a bookworm gamer nerdette. This is our third year at this event. There is a lot to do here especially if you're into gaming. I'll try to share a few photos.

We just got back to the hotel. Guess where we were? No one from high school will ever BELIEVE that I sat to watch a Dungeons and Dragons panel and game. lol I do have my eye on this guy, Matthew O’Dowd, an astro physicist. I plan to corner him Sat night so I can ask him question after question on quantum mechanics and dark matter. I'm a sucker for a science geeky guy grin

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #915854
06/23/17 02:02 AM
06/23/17 02:02 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
When my daughter was younger she thought Ken Jennings was hot. You know who he was Jeopardies biggest winners at that time.he won almost 4 million dollars. This guy was far from hot a nerd. One day he was on radio if any of you guys remember The Wise Guy show it started the actor who played Big Pussy on the Sopranos. Jennings just wrote a book and they were giving away free copies if you can ask him a question he could not answer. So I tried to win my daughter an autographed copy of his book. The question I asked him was what does the letters H. & R. Block stand fore. That the tax preparation people some use when you can't afford an accountant to do your taxes smile It was also the question he did not know the answer to when he finally lost on Jeopardy. I just thought he never found out the right answer to that question after he lost. I was right he laughed and he did not know the answer. So then Big Pussy asked me what is the answer. I told him who cares I wasn't asked the question he was and he still did not know it. First they did not want to send me the book. But Jennings said he would because my daughter thought he was hot.

only the unloved hate
Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Footreads] #915857
06/23/17 03:06 AM
06/23/17 03:06 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: Footreads
When my daughter was younger she thought Ken Jennings was hot. You know who he was Jeopardies biggest winners at that time.he won almost 4 million dollars. This guy was far from hot a nerd. One day he was on radio if any of you guys remember The Wise Guy show it started the actor who played Big Pussy on the Sopranos. Jennings just wrote a book and they were giving away free copies if you can ask him a question he could not answer. So I tried to win my daughter an autographed copy of his book. The question I asked him was what does the letters H. & R. Block stand fore. That the tax preparation people some use when you can't afford an accountant to do your taxes smile It was also the question he did not know the answer to when he finally lost on Jeopardy. I just thought he never found out the right answer to that question after he lost. I was right he laughed and he did not know the answer. So then Big Pussy asked me what is the answer. I told him who cares I wasn't asked the question he was and he still did not know it. First they did not want to send me the book. But Jennings said he would because my daughter thought he was hot.

My Grandma LOVED Ken Jennings. She was staying with us in Cali and would get excited to sit down to watch "that nice young fella" on Jeopardy. smile He wasn't a bad looking nerd. That's so CUTE, your daughter found him HOT!!! I just love your story. Hey, it's the geeks and the nerds who rule the world now. I'm always at these geekfest events with my kid(s). I tell them years ago, you'd get beat up for looking and acting the way these people do. lol

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #915865
06/23/17 08:32 AM
06/23/17 08:32 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I wish she would have married him. Instead of the jerk cop she did marry.

only the unloved hate
Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Footreads] #915905
06/23/17 06:10 PM
06/23/17 06:10 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Ken Jennings was the MAN. I've been a Jeopardy fan since 13. Never saw so many people interested in the show until Jennings went on his run.

Foot,
There is a sports version of this guy.Stump the Schwab was a show that aired with people (even sports journalists) competing against this guy in sports trivia. Howard Schwab was amazing.

AG,

"Nerd" culture became "cool" around the time that the modern superhero films became blockbuster. People used to laugh at guys who collected comic books then, now mainstream audiences know who Wolverine,Havoc,Jean Grey are.

Some smart TV exec. needs to cash in and run old episodes of Square Pegs and Head of the Class.

*Shame that we live in a world where weirdos would attend conventions to target kids, but the security presence at the show you mentioned was high because of past incidents.

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Footreads] #915966
06/24/17 11:02 PM
06/24/17 11:02 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA

lol Did he at least give you a confidential license plate so you won't get traffic tickets?

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: getthesenets] #915968
06/24/17 11:38 PM
06/24/17 11:38 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
So true Gets. I remember that nerdy show Square Pegs. I wish they'd bring back Krofft Shows Land of the Lost and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters lol remember those?

Last year they really tightened security because of the YouTube singer Kristina Grimmie who was killed at one of her concerts. If you didn't have a VidCon pass then you couldn't stay at the hotel.

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #915969
06/24/17 11:41 PM
06/24/17 11:41 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
Poolside at the hotel right now trying to tire out two 12 year old boys. They both have so much energy. I've been making them swim for over an hour after being at the event all day. I think they're going to sleep like babies tonight. My other kid is busy doing her social media thing so she is no trouble.

Mamma Alfano is going to eat her pignoli cookie and drink her milk. No scotch on the rocks tonight. grin

I survived this VidCon trip!!

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #916067
06/26/17 11:02 AM
06/26/17 11:02 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

lol Did he at least give you a confidential license plate so you won't get traffic tickets?

I got a card saying I am with them. Everyone got one. I am dying to do a drive by on him. She gets mad she tells me to do it. Then she says my Mia needs a father even though he stop giving her child support and hardly ever sees his daughter. He is living with some bitch now she has two children and one with him now. Everyone would be better off if he had an accident. smile

only the unloved hate
Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #916068
06/26/17 11:14 AM
06/26/17 11:14 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I was in Jersey this past weeken. My son had a barbque on Saturday and she had one on Sunday. I stayed over my daughters house and helped her. I was with my Mia all day it was nice. My wife stayed at my sons house and helped his wife on his barbque.
She played with our Sophia. I got a YouTube of her swimming to the end of the pool and dive in with mom overseeing. Not bad for a three year old.

Nice weather but to much unused land on both there houses. My house is a city block long. Not much extra land but I have a pier and boat I never use. I got everything you can want in the house. Basement and three floors. Who needs trees we drive up to her house the next day at night. I see deer cross the street 50 yards from the house. Fuck deer, fuck animals fucks bears if they have bears.

only the unloved hate
Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Footreads] #916071
06/26/17 12:27 PM
06/26/17 12:27 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
Foots, Find your daughter a decent guy instead. Much better plan if you ask me. smile That's nice you spent time with the grandkids. Tons of animals in Jersey. One of my cousins has to watch out for bears. Scary, they go into her yard. My uncle feeds the raccoons and other animals. Their house backs up to the woods so he leaves them all the scraps. I like the deer though. Beautiful animals.

I wish we had basements here in Cali.

When you go to Jersey do you take the GWB? Do you go through Fort Lee? I have a place I want to tell you about.

I was thinking of you every time I tipped someone at the hotel this past weekend. I notice that no one else was tipping in the valet, but me. Found that weird. The person I really wanted to tip was the bartender grin But, I was stuck with the kids so I couldn't get out for a quick drink lol.

Re: Vid Con 2015 [Re: Alfanosgirl] #916084
06/26/17 04:34 PM
06/26/17 04:34 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
She has an off and on boy friend Ed. He has a weird sense of humor. She hates it I like him, but he never stops. The important thing is my Mia likes him. I had a piece of pineapple sponge cake. I loved it kept telling him how good it was. I offered him the crumbs in my plate after telling that him. He laughed, but after the fourth time it gets old. That is what he does. But he also has a nice income last year he made about 600 thousand. So he can afford her smile

only the unloved hate

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull