GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (RushStreet, Jimmy_Two_Times, 2 invisible), 102 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,502
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: pizzaboy] #816086
11/29/14 05:30 PM
11/29/14 05:30 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Just sent you a pm.

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: Belmont] #816088
11/29/14 05:51 PM
11/29/14 05:51 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Joe Valachi reported at the Senate hearings that he made ~$150k/year during WWII on stolen and counterfeit ration stamps, but his earnings dropped dramatically after the war.

I think some Mob guys make out. But probably more are like that scene in "Donnie Brasco," where they're reduced to busting open parking meters.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: Turnbull] #816089
11/29/14 05:54 PM
11/29/14 05:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I think some Mob guys make out. But probably more are like that scene in "Donnie Brasco," where they're reduced to busting open parking meters.

And what the hell would they do now, TB? lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: pizzaboy] #816090
11/29/14 05:56 PM
11/29/14 05:56 PM
S
sbhc Offline OP
Made Member
sbhc  Offline OP
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Hells kitchen has been gentrified since 1990. Beat up at by some irish kids? You sure you you were'nt at a frat party at NYU and took a beating from a frat guy drinking an irish beer????
Whats next ? He dated an italian girl from east harlem?

Don't bust his balls, Belmont. Johnny's been working behind the scenes to get Jimmy Coonan sprung from the clink. They're gonna take back 10th Avenue together.

Featherstone and Beatty are out, maybe they should reform the Westies and take Hell's Kitchen for the Irish. lol

Last edited by sbhc; 11/29/14 05:57 PM.
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: pizzaboy] #816092
11/29/14 06:43 PM
11/29/14 06:43 PM
Martin Luther King
Johnny_Dio Offline
The Immigrant
Johnny_Dio  Offline
The Immigrant
Button
Martin Luther King
Originally Posted By: Johnny_Dio
I am 24, born in Naples, moved to Jersey when I was 12, wasn't really good at school but my English quality depends on my mood, I noticed you commented it on an earlyer post of mine, but I was fascinated by the mob as a young kid. When I was 16 I meet a girl who knew a few pot dealers and I got connected to them and bought a few grams with the little cash I had, I sold it to some wannabe-alcoholic tough-guys at school and felt like a true Gangster. Once me and my friend tried to walk in to a well known ''Mob Social Club'' when we were at a party in Brooklyn. We weren't allowed inside though, but I fell into contact with some Irish guys from Hells Kitchen and got beat up pretty bad and sentenced to 18 months for possession, after that I grew a brain and got a job. Still seems tempting to join the life, especially since I am Italian you know. But after reading a lot of your posts about how the life is bad and at the beginning it's all about you taking the blame for the old guys, it doesn't seem that glamorous. I really look forward to read the bullshit comments about how this is fake.

I'm not judging you, kid. It actually sounds somewhat believable. Except for the part about the Irish in Hell's Kitchen. Because that neighborhood has been gentrified for at least the past fifteen years (which would have made you nine years old and living in Italy when the gentrification started).

But welcome to the boards lol.

Didn't know that 'bout hells kitchen, but they were a bunch of irish goons, I promise you that. I have a scar on the left side of my head, they cracked it open when busting my head against the sidewalk.

Last edited by Johnny_Dio; 11/29/14 06:44 PM.

If a guy fucking tripped over a banana peel, they'd bring me in for it.
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: sbhc] #816098
11/29/14 07:43 PM
11/29/14 07:43 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: sbhc
Obviously it differs given the individual but can anyone give an average earning of a modern day made man in one of NY's families?

What do they see out of it per annum?

It's futile to talk specific dollar amounts but the average made guy seems to be more or less middle class, with a minority on either end of the spectrum, i.e. some very rich, others broke.

Those are total bets, Alfa. Not total wins or losses. And that doesn't factor in any of the overhead, like paying your sheet writers. Never mind the fact that at any given time most bookmakers have at least 30 percent in uncollected debts. Those numbers are ridiculously inflated by the Feds and their stooge lackeys in the media.

Originally Posted By: cheech
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Everyone's input is valuable and respected.

I think this is what poster Johnny Dio was referring to:

$2.2 billion in wagers, primarily on sporting events, during a 15-month period.

From that number (2.2B) and time frame (15 months), you can calculate the gang's income based on the average payout ratio of the bets.

Someone else here will have to finish the calculus because many of us just don't know the nuts and bolts of that industry.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Those articles are meaningless.

The only people who would know what they made is the bank. You're not factoring in who is on a half sheet. Who's on a quarter sheet. Who's running for ten percent. What's the cost PPH? Every book probably has 20-30 percent outstanding. I can go on and on and on and on and on.

What is a bookie?

The $2.2 billion was simply the amount of wagers transacted over the 15 month investigation. That's all law enforcement said. If the media then says the Luccheses "took in" or "made" that much, thereby insinuating it was all profit, that's not the government's fault.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: IvyLeague] #816103
11/29/14 07:57 PM
11/29/14 07:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The $2.2 billion was simply the amount of wagers transacted over the 15 month investigation. That's all law enforcement said. If the media then says the Luccheses "took in" or "made" that much, thereby insinuating it was all profit, that's not the government's fault.

That's fair enough, Ivy. As long as you agree that someone sensationalizes those figures. Media, law enforcement, whoever. I'm just a humble Bronx guy. They all look alike to me, buddy lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: IvyLeague] #816146
11/30/14 07:42 AM
11/30/14 07:42 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Obviously it differs given the individual but can anyone give an average earning of a modern day made man in one of NY's families?

It's futile to talk specific dollar amounts but the average made guy seems to be more or less middle class, with a minority on either end of the spectrum, i.e. some very rich, others broke.

Those are total bets, Alfa. Not total wins or losses. And that doesn't factor in any of the overhead, like paying your sheet writers. Never mind the fact that at any given time most bookmakers have at least 30 percent in uncollected debts. Those numbers are ridiculously inflated by the Feds and their stooge lackeys in the media.

From that number (2.2B) and time frame (15 months), you can calculate the gang's income based on the average payout ratio of the bets.

Someone else here will have to finish the calculus because many of us just don't know the nuts and bolts of that industry.

The only people who would know what they made is the bank. You're not factoring in who is on a half sheet. Who's on a quarter sheet. Who's running for ten percent. What's the cost PPH? Every book probably has 20-30 percent outstanding. I can go on and on and on and on and on.

What is a bookie?

Ok Ivy. Now that we both agree it's was wagered. How much did they clear? Because that was the ?

When Interpol?
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: cheech] #816164
11/30/14 10:01 AM
11/30/14 10:01 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland

What is a bookie?

Ok Ivy. Now that we both agree it's was wagered. How much did they clear? Because that was the ?

By my southern sophisticated calculations I come to the total profit of $157.28

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: LaLouisiane] #816166
11/30/14 10:23 AM
11/30/14 10:23 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

Union or Confederacy?

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: sbhc] #816167
11/30/14 10:28 AM
11/30/14 10:28 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Every mob guy that made a good living always had something legit as well. You may have a few exceptions but if you only rely on scores, you will be your lawyers best customer.

Last edited by Belmont; 11/30/14 10:31 AM.
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: pizzaboy] #816171
11/30/14 10:42 AM
11/30/14 10:42 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

Union or Confederacy?

Why, I say, I say...sittin' here in this rocking chair we're gonna have to go with the southern confederacy my Yankee friend. lol wink

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: Belmont] #816175
11/30/14 10:53 AM
11/30/14 10:53 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Every mob guy that made a good living always had something legit as well. You may have a few exceptions but if you only rely on scores, you will be your lawyers best customer.

Amen to that. Especially today. If you're twenty years old and you think you're gonna live on a half sheet for the rest of your life, you're in for a rude awakening.

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: sbhc] #816178
11/30/14 11:04 AM
11/30/14 11:04 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

the guy lenny d. getting his bail revoked from selling knock off nfl gear. guys probably millionair selling bootlegs nice.

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: sbhc] #816267
11/30/14 05:32 PM
11/30/14 05:32 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Who diMaria?

When Interpol?
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: cheech] #816272
11/30/14 05:42 PM
11/30/14 05:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Who diMaria?

If that's true it's news to me. Because it's not like he wasn't well off before. Lenny and Tony Pep had Florida practically all to themselves before Vinny Artuso headed south. And even afterwards they all got along well. But being in the same family makes things that much easier.

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: sbhc] #816317
12/01/14 05:55 AM
12/01/14 05:55 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
There's probably literally 3 old school neighborhood bars even left in Hell's Kitchen (Dave's Tavern, Port 41 Pub, Holland Bar, ETC). There are Starbucks in Hell's Kitchen now for crying out loud, I am quite familiar with Hell's Kitchen as I ride the Port Authority bus into the city everyday for work from Jersey and let me tell you there is absolutely 0 Irish guys left from the neighborhood. I will talk to some of the old timers from the neighborhood in the Hell's Kitchen bars when they come back to the neighborhood from wherever they live now (Sometimes my bridge and tunnel self needs a drink before my daily commute) and they all tell me the same thing- They made bank$$$ selling the places they lived in growing up in Hell's Kitchen when gentrification hit Hell's Kitchen in the 90s.....

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: Johnny_Dio] #816359
12/01/14 09:56 AM
12/01/14 09:56 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
I am 24, born in Naples, moved to Jersey when I was 12, wasn't really good at school but my English quality depends on my mood, I noticed you commented it on an earlyer post of mine, but I was fascinated by the mob as a young kid. When I was 16 I meet a girl who knew a few pot dealers and I got connected to them and bought a few grams with the little cash I had, I sold it to some wannabe-alcoholic tough-guys at school and felt like a true Gangster. Once me and my friend tried to walk in to a well known ''Mob Social Club'' when we were at a party in Brooklyn. We weren't allowed inside though, but I fell into contact with some Irish guys from Hells Kitchen and got beat up pretty bad and sentenced to 18 months for possession, after that I grew a brain and got a job. Still seems tempting to join the life, especially since I am Italian you know. But after reading a lot of your posts about how the life is bad and at the beginning it's all about you taking the blame for the old guys, it doesn't seem that glamorous. I really look forward to read the bullshit comments about how this is fake.

Now this is comedy gold.

lol

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: sbhc] #816360
12/01/14 09:57 AM
12/01/14 09:57 AM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
I think you mean Colombian Gold.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: Blackjack2121] #816361
12/01/14 10:05 AM
12/01/14 10:05 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Now this is comedy gold.

lol

Yeah, I guess when he read "The Westies" he didn't notice that they haven't updated the ending since 1989. You know, before the West Side of Manhattan turned into Disneyland.

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: pizzaboy] #816373
12/01/14 12:07 PM
12/01/14 12:07 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

Now this is comedy gold.

lol

Yeah, I guess when he read "The Westies" he didn't notice that they haven't updated the ending since 1989. You know, before the West Side of Manhattan turned into Disneyland.

My favorite part was when he sold a few nickel bags worth of pot to wanna be alcoholic tough guys (whatever that means) and that is the act that made him feel like a true gangster.

When he got knocked for possession of a few grams of pot, they binged him for 18 months for a first timer.

I am waiting for part 2 of this classic story. Probably includes a story of him taking over the crafts room in jail with other eye-talians and hanging an "Italians Only" sign outside.

Re: Mafia members earnings. [Re: Blackjack2121] #816375
12/01/14 12:20 PM
12/01/14 12:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I am waiting for part 2 of this classic story. Probably includes a story of him taking over the crafts room in jail with other eye-talians and hanging an "Italians Only" sign outside.

lol lol

If you really want to have a laugh, go over to that unsocial gangster thread, where he tries to get into Tony Soprano's home life. Like he was a real fucking person lol lol.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull