GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, 1 invisible), 222 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,967
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,348
Posts1,059,050
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: MightyDR] #920252
09/18/17 08:24 PM
09/18/17 08:24 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: MightyDR
In this documentary at around 1:03:18, Billy Beattie says that there was the plan for them to kill Castellano etc if something went wrong. But the group that was supposed to have done the killing were all sitting around off their face on drugs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_oO4gkIWU

That's true, thanks for pointing out (I had this documentary for some time but still hadn't watched)! Really, I have no words....Assholes, those Westie "soldiers"...And I really thought they were about to behead 2 strongest Mafia families in the USA and just missed the chance. As it seems, far from "beheading" the mob, they probably wouldn't be able to stick their heads right under the guillotine if they were to be beheaded themselves (well, maybe the allegory is a little clumsy, but this is the only think I could think about).

The "Mobsters" episode "conveniently" omitted this detail as I remember.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: Tonytough] #920253
09/18/17 08:26 PM
09/18/17 08:26 PM
D
DonCheech Offline
Button
DonCheech  Offline
D
Button
I thought Ruby Stein was aligned with Fat Tony and the Genovese?

Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: alicecooper] #920254
09/18/17 08:30 PM
09/18/17 08:30 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
By the way, thanks for the link, this video has a little better image quality than the one I had.

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: Moe_Tilden] #920275
09/19/17 11:49 AM
09/19/17 11:49 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Lace Curtain Irish, isn't that the Irish equivalent of Dr. Melfi's family in The Sopranos?

I heard it in The Departed.
It's kinda like calling us or a certain level of Irish society white trash..it's hard 2 explain,google it,u may get a more comprehensive result.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: Dwalin2011] #920277
09/19/17 12:04 PM
09/19/17 12:04 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
In this documentary at around 1:03:18, Billy Beattie says that there was the plan for them to kill Castellano etc if something went wrong. But the group that was supposed to have done the killing were all sitting around off their face on drugs.

That's true, thanks for pointing out (I had this documentary for some time but still hadn't watched)! Really, I have no words....Assholes, those Westie "soldiers"...And I really thought they were about to behead 2 strongest Mafia families in the USA and just missed the chance. As it seems, far from "beheading" the mob, they probably wouldn't be able to stick their heads right under the guillotine if they were to be beheaded themselves (well, maybe the allegory is a little clumsy, but this is the only think I could think about).

The movie "State of Grace" w/ Sean Penn,Gary Oldman was based on this entire event..great movie by the way.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: Dwalin2011] #920280
09/19/17 12:29 PM
09/19/17 12:29 PM
J
Jeremythejew Offline
Made Member
Jeremythejew  Offline
J
Made Member

Why do u keep saying they could have killed TWO of the biggest fam?

It was only Castellano (with I believe billotti and gaggi) that met up with them?

I'm not surprised at all that they wanted there cut from the websites. "Hells kitchen " was only about 10 blocks but it had some money in it.

What surprised me is that the Gen didn't get involved seeing how that is there territory generally.

Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: Jeremythejew] #920289
09/19/17 02:22 PM
09/19/17 02:22 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Jeremythejew

Why do u keep saying they could have killed TWO of the biggest fam?

It was only Castellano (with I believe billotti and gaggi) that met up with them?

The book by T.J.English says Tieri from the Genovese was there too, but losing him alone wouldn't have beheaded the family, you are right...I checked now, I thought for some reason Fat Tony Salerno was there too, my mistake...But then, the book says
Quote:
"There was seventy-eight year-old Funzi Tieri, a representative of Fat Tony Salerno's Genovese family".

This doesn't make sense, shouldn't it be the other way around (Tieri was above Salerno)?

The book (and and partially, the "Mobsters" episode too) lists Dellacroce, Lombardozzi, Gallo and Gaggi for the Gambinos (Bilotti isn't mentioned), apart from Castellano.

But then I don't know for sure, "Mobsters" sometimes make things up and the author of the book, while considered more reliable I think, apart from the Salerno-Tieri confusion, he agrees that Tieri's underboss (Eli Zeccardi, spelled Zicardi in the book) was killed by Mickey Spillane's gang in a kidnapping, while many others say it's more likely Tieri had him killed and blamed Spillane.

So some sources get things wrong, it's not always clear right away which ones do.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 09/19/17 02:28 PM.

Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: Dwalin2011] #920297
09/19/17 07:59 PM
09/19/17 07:59 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo

"That was the plan"

Right. Thats how many times I hear that quote like it only serves to give them notoriety. Every mob book I've read somebody has said they "planned" to take over X family, and just whack the boss, they planned to escape from prison, etc. It's like me saying my plan is to take over the US and stage a coup against Donald Trump, getting arrested and telling people "Oh but I had it planned!"

"No plan survives contact with the enemy" - Erwin Rommel

I bet at one point Kuklinski "planned" to take over all 5 families by killing their bosses. rolleyes

Last edited by Malandrino; 09/19/17 08:10 PM.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: Malandrino] #920298
09/19/17 08:16 PM
09/19/17 08:16 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Malandrino

"That was the plan"

Right. Thats how many times I hear that quote like it only serves to give them notoriety. Every mob book I've read somebody has said they "planned" to take over X family, and just whack the boss, they planned to escape from prison, etc. It's like me saying my plan is to take over the US and stage a coup against Donald Trump, getting arrested and telling people "Oh but I had it planned!"

"No plan survives contact with the enemy" - Erwin Rommel

I bet at one point Kuklinski "planned" to take over all 5 families by killing their bosses. rolleyes

Well, since the "hit squad" was partying and smoking weed almost up to start having hallucinations, their "plan" does indeed go in the same category as Kuklinski's tales lol

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 09/19/17 08:19 PM.

Re: The Westies: Jimmy Coonan [Re: alicecooper] #920305
09/19/17 10:26 PM
09/19/17 10:26 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Are they all free the ones who went to trial with jimmy c. One flipped after the trial and the judge didnt even reduce his sentence. Some were young and the judge went a little leniat on. Was a good book by the author english.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull