GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 184 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,558
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
today's mafia and murder #808536
10/15/14 09:32 PM
10/15/14 09:32 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
So we all know that mob hits are rare these days. I was wondering if there were any families that were still trigger happy. I know they've been having a lot of action in Montreal, but aside from that I haven't heard of any other families shooting each other up. Are there any places where the mob families are still violent? Chicago, Detroit, the columbos, etc...?

Make that coffee to go
Re: today's mafia and murder [Re: blacksheep] #808537
10/15/14 10:10 PM
10/15/14 10:10 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
I think without murder you cannot have a mafia, or an underworld. Killing is the only way to enforce rules in the underworld. It also happens to be the way power is consolidated and wealth accumulated.

Sonny Franzese said that the days when you could leave a guy in the street were over. You had to make him disappear.

I am of the personal belief that one of the ways the mafia enriches itself, how brokesters become big earners, is by killing their associates and stealing their wealth. You look at the hierarchy of a mafia family and the ranks are filled with guys who have killed scores (10, 20, 30, and 50 hits apiece). They are not killing made men. If they were, there'd be no mafia left.

That's my opinion.

It seems like the mafia doesn't kill people anymore, but I think they do. I think today they either make the person disappear or they make the hit look like something else happened. Only their methods have changed. The target might be a pop star. So they can't shoot the guy and leave him in the street. So they force him to take a doctor different from the one he normally uses and then poison him with anesthesia. No one thinks violent crime. They think..."druggie killed himself".

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: today's mafia and murder [Re: Alfa Romeo] #808538
10/15/14 10:27 PM
10/15/14 10:27 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
^^^^
When a known gangster disappears it gets as much press as when a gangster is found in the trunk of a car. Look at Ralphie Coppola or Nick Cirillo (Nick wasn't a wiseguy, but it was clearly a mob hit). Those disappearances are still talked about in the media and within law enforcement circles. "No body, no crime" doesn't carry as much weight as it used to.

As far as making a murder look like an accident, that's always a possibility.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: today's mafia and murder [Re: blacksheep] #808541
10/15/14 10:48 PM
10/15/14 10:48 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
The reason I posted this in the first place is because of all that shit happening in Canada. I know that they don't allow murder the same as they used to, but just like in Montreal, sometimes shit happens. I was wondering if this was just a Montreal thing or have any other families been killing each other or rivals in the recent past. Say after 2000

Make that coffee to go
Re: today's mafia and murder [Re: blacksheep] #808542
10/15/14 10:51 PM
10/15/14 10:51 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
The reason I posted this in the first place is because of all that shit happening in Canada. I know that they don't allow murder the same as they used to, but just like in Montreal, sometimes shit happens. I was wondering if this was just a Montreal thing or have any other families been killing each other or rivals in the recent past. Say after 2000

You kill a guy in Canada and you're home in ten years. That's the difference. It's certainly not because the US Mafia is kinder and gentler. They've cut back on murders because they don't want to die in a cage.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: today's mafia and murder [Re: pizzaboy] #808544
10/15/14 11:04 PM
10/15/14 11:04 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You kill a guy in Canada and you're home in ten years. That's the difference. It's certainly not because the US Mafia is kinder and gentler. They've cut back on murders because they don't want to die in a cage.

I had no illusion that the mob decided to get friendly and loveable, I figured it was just for that reason you mentioned. I was just wondering if that applies to all families here. The columbos were pretty notorious for way too much infighting. Even those guys smartened up too?

Make that coffee to go
Re: today's mafia and murder [Re: pizzaboy] #808563
10/16/14 05:58 AM
10/16/14 05:58 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
very true..those guys have had a great run making money..

Re: today's mafia and murder [Re: blacksheep] #808564
10/16/14 06:02 AM
10/16/14 06:02 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
it is quiet now, but in time you will have a shift of power in one or more families, it was coming with the gambino's, a coup, nicky c getting pinched mid 90's, jr in 98..marino , fialla 93..the govt with their pinches stop a war..

Re: today's mafia and murder [Re: pizzaboy] #808573
10/16/14 08:12 AM
10/16/14 08:12 AM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You've summed it up PB. There are no RICO statutes in Canada. You can get away with more unless you are caught redhanded. The Montagna hit was a rare exception where they traced cellphone calls to nail Desjardins and his associates. They would have gotten away with it if they had clipped Montagna before he jumped through a plate glass window and made a run for it. They would have never found the body.

The combination of RICO, DNA, and ratting makes murder a very risky step to take in the U.S.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull