GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Luciano_Gotti), 227 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,387
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #806478
10/05/14 09:17 PM
10/05/14 09:17 PM
R
Red_63 Offline
Made Member
Red_63  Offline
R
Made Member
Ligambi was trading his baseball card collection in at the auction house down Chestnut Street he then went to Boyd's and got fitted for a suit maybe he's making someone in his new suit :Lol:

Yeah Your Gangster Alright!!
Keep making excuses on why our country is in bad shape just admit your a hump already
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: Red_63] #806524
10/06/14 08:43 AM
10/06/14 08:43 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Red_63
Ligambi was trading his baseball card collection in at the auction house down Chestnut Street he then went to Boyd's and got fitted for a suit maybe he's making someone in his new suit :Lol:

lol how long did you have to be following the guy to know this

you should have snapped some pics and sold them to tmz!

lol

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: pizzaboy] #806525
10/06/14 08:46 AM
10/06/14 08:46 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
The only reason we found out about the ligambi - gambinos meeting is because of skins, we don't know about the meetings they've had that wasn't recorded, you just said you don't know nothing about philly then out of the other side of your mouth you swear there's no relationship between new york and philly, so which one is it, are you informed about philly or not???

There's no relationship between New York and Philly TODAY. I don't have to be "informed about Philly" to know that because I'm informed about New York. And they couldn't give a shit about that family TODAY.

Now I strongly suggest that we move on, and let the Philly guys keep this thread active before it gets out of hand and closed by the mods.

I didn't read what the squabble was about, but all due respect PB...that lunch meeting had to be a little more than a casual meeting between friends from NY and Philly

The Gambinos and Philly probably have some sort of joint ventures for them to meet up like that, unless the guys happened to be friends going back a ways, but with the people present at that meeting I doubt it.

My 2 cents.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #806526
10/06/14 08:55 AM
10/06/14 08:55 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
I can't remember all the names from the meeting but from the Gambinos it was John Gambino, powerful guy. And I believe Alphonse Trucchio, one of the biggest earners captain wise at the time and his right hand Roccaforte. So they weren't meeting with slouches.

Now granted they didn't catch any criminal discussion on tape, they were probably smart enough to handle that elsewhere. On a walk outside or something.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: Blackjack2121] #806534
10/06/14 09:06 AM
10/06/14 09:06 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
The only reason we found out about the ligambi - gambinos meeting is because of skins, we don't know about the meetings they've had that wasn't recorded, you just said you don't know nothing about philly then out of the other side of your mouth you swear there's no relationship between new york and philly, so which one is it, are you informed about philly or not???

There's no relationship between New York and Philly TODAY. I don't have to be "informed about Philly" to know that because I'm informed about New York. And they couldn't give a shit about that family TODAY.

Now I strongly suggest that we move on, and let the Philly guys keep this thread active before it gets out of hand and closed by the mods.

I didn't read what the squabble was about, but all due respect PB...that lunch meeting had to be a little more than a casual meeting between friends from NY and Philly

The Gambinos and Philly probably have some sort of joint ventures for them to meet up like that, unless the guys happened to be friends going back a ways, but with the people present at that meeting I doubt it.

My 2 cents.

The Cherry Hill Gambinos had a partnership with Philly that predates Ligambi's tenure as boss. I'm talking about New York as a whole (picking bosses, etc.). And by and large, the Cherry Hill Gambinos have always had a little more independence than the other New York offshoots in Jersey anyway.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: pizzaboy] #806552
10/06/14 09:35 AM
10/06/14 09:35 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

My 2 cents.

The Cherry Hill Gambinos had a partnership with Philly that predates Ligambi's tenure as boss. I'm talking about New York as a whole (picking bosses, etc.). And by and large, the Cherry Hill Gambinos have always had a little more independence than the other New York offshoots in Jersey anyway.

Oh by no means was I insinuating they were involved like they were before like the relationships Bruno had and to a lesser extent, even Scarfo. However I do feel that meeting weren't old friends reminiscing .

Maybe the guy that followed Ligambi to the dry cleaners can let us know when John Gambino is back in town!

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: Blackjack2121] #806555
10/06/14 09:52 AM
10/06/14 09:52 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ

Maybe the guy that followed Ligambi to the dry cleaners can let us know when John Gambino is back in town!

Now THIS is worthy of a smiley. grin

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #806605
10/06/14 01:48 PM
10/06/14 01:48 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
No need, just ask pb

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: thebigfella] #806606
10/06/14 01:57 PM
10/06/14 01:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
No need, just ask pb

Ask me what?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #806610
10/06/14 02:09 PM
10/06/14 02:09 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Mr. Bj (no pun intended) would like to be informed as to when a mr. John gambino is back in town

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: Blackjack2121] #806616
10/06/14 02:22 PM
10/06/14 02:22 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

My 2 cents.

The meeting was about philly having problems with the lucheses and they wanted the gambinos to mediate. John gambino was recorded telling nicky skins privately that "they couldnt do anything for them"(them being philly). Now remember at the metting almost everyone there had to be introduced to each other, which made it prettyclear that most have never meet before. It seems that most if not all of the connections between NY and philly would be through the philly newark crew(at thats just bc of proximity).

Other gambinos there besides the ones mentioned was joe gambino, lorenzo mannino and nick mitamoranda and ofcourse steffanelli. Daniel marino was supposed to be there but was indicted not to long before. The philly guys that were thete were ligambi, licata, fazzini, and staino. I believe.

Last edited by Dellacroce; 10/06/14 02:27 PM.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #806623
10/06/14 03:28 PM
10/06/14 03:28 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Del, wasn't Michael Roc Roccaforte and Alphonse Truccho also at that meeting?

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: Beanshooter] #806625
10/06/14 03:34 PM
10/06/14 03:34 PM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Del, wasn't Michael Roc Roccaforte and Alphonse Truccho also at that meeting?

Yeah they were but someone already mentioned them, Del was talking about the guys who weren't mentioned

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #806626
10/06/14 03:35 PM
10/06/14 03:35 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Thank you Sonny L Sorry.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: Dellacroce] #806759
10/07/14 04:18 AM
10/07/14 04:18 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

My 2 cents.

The meeting was about philly having problems with the lucheses and they wanted the gambinos to mediate. John gambino was recorded telling nicky skins privately that "they couldnt do anything for them"(them being philly). Now remember at the metting almost everyone there had to be introduced to each other, which made it prettyclear that most have never meet before. It seems that most if not all of the connections between NY and philly would be through the philly newark crew(at thats just bc of proximity).

Other gambinos there besides the ones mentioned was joe gambino, lorenzo mannino and nick mitamoranda and ofcourse steffanelli. Daniel marino was supposed to be there but was indicted not to long before. The philly guys that were thete were ligambi, licata, fazzini, and staino. I believe.

Ahhh, I think its coming back to me a little..over Scarfo Jr?

Is there an article that talks about who was there and them being introduced and about the problems being with the lucheses?

the only articles i found yesterday when I was looking was taped conversation about Big Lou's making ceremony/the bloody shirt and about how the mafia need quality over quantity

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: thebigfella] #806826
10/07/14 11:16 AM
10/07/14 11:16 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
You guys can't wait to see the philly family tear each other apart, guess what, it's not going to happen, and then you have these know it all "mob insiders" that gets on here and say what's going to happen and what's not going to happen and when thier proven wrong they never admit it. Merlino, ligambi, and mazzone can all get locked up and the philly fam will be just fine

I agree, but the genuine "mob insiders" rarely ever claim that there are internal factions that can turn violent. Guys like George Anastasia are the ones saying that crap and that's just to gain more reader attention. What he says is parroted by other media sources and casual mob watchers and all of a sudden the Scarfo faction being on the verge of going to war becomes a "fact".

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #819599
12/18/14 11:30 AM
12/18/14 11:30 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Good background article on Uncle Joe.

http://articles.philly.com/1999-08-17/ne...no-ralph-natale

"Shortly after the June 28 arrest of reputed acting mob boss Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino in a federal drug trafficking indictment, a mob associate said Ligambi peeved Merlino by sending him a message at the federal prison at Fairton, N.J.

The associate said Ligambi, 59, told Merlino, 37, he was taking over, saying: "We're going to do this thing right.""

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull