GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Frankie_Five_Angels, Jimmy_Two_Times), 253 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,321
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: TommyGambino] #805903
10/03/14 05:14 AM
10/03/14 05:14 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Reasonable question. You could tell. They were on the street corner in Center City, not south philly. Ligambi is not a big guy, physically, by any stretch. The guys he had with him were fucking monsters. And, by the body language, positioning, etc.

It wasn't normal behavior for 3 friends/family members. Definitely were watching his back.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: NickyWhip] #805907
10/03/14 05:48 AM
10/03/14 05:48 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
Reasonable question. You could tell. They were on the street corner in Center City, not south philly. Ligambi is not a big guy, physically, by any stretch. The guys he had with him were fucking monsters. And, by the body language, positioning, etc.

It wasn't normal behavior for 3 friends/family members. Definitely were watching his back.

Probably his son and friends or something

Not like there is an active Philly war

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: Blackjack2121] #805924
10/03/14 07:33 AM
10/03/14 07:33 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Nope. His kids aren't 6 feet + tall and 240 lbs. These guys definitely had the old mans back. Plain and simple.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: NickyWhip] #805925
10/03/14 07:35 AM
10/03/14 07:35 AM
R
Red_63 Offline
Made Member
Red_63  Offline
R
Made Member
Nope. His kids aren't 6 feet + tall and 240 lbs. These guys definitely had the old mans back. Plain and simple.

Do you blame him in today's age? He for the most part is a public figure in Philadelphia considering the idiotic reporters and newspapers romanticizing his blue-collar organization.

Yeah Your Gangster Alright!!
Keep making excuses on why our country is in bad shape just admit your a hump already
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: NickyWhip] #805930
10/03/14 08:06 AM
10/03/14 08:06 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly

I have seen his family members out and about too or acquaintances and they are all average to smaller older guys and family members so you are probably right on about the goons.....and that goes into speculation that someone has maybe informed him that if certain court cases in philly go the way we all think that uncle joe is going down for rico and then maybe uncle joe rolls on someone in s florida and maybe the word is out on the streets towards uncle joe

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805931
10/03/14 08:09 AM
10/03/14 08:09 AM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
This could be what you call "The Domino Effect"....If i was Ligambi i would take off and go on the lam to Brazil with Joe Conforte.

Last edited by njcapo35; 10/03/14 08:13 AM.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: merlino] #805932
10/03/14 08:24 AM
10/03/14 08:24 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: merlino
and that goes into speculation that someone has maybe informed him that if certain court cases in philly go the way we all think that uncle joe is going down for rico and then maybe uncle joe rolls on someone in s florida and maybe the word is out on the streets towards uncle joe

I don't see how anyone can think Ligambi would flip. I mean, the guy already took a life sentence on the chin and didn't say boo. He's only out because of a miraculous technicality. That's why, if he went back to prison tomorrow, he had close to fifteen years on the street that he wouldn't have had. He's playing with house money if you ask me. But I'm a Bronx guy, so what the fuck do I know? lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: pizzaboy] #805933
10/03/14 08:28 AM
10/03/14 08:28 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Good point PB...but being above ground for the next 15 years he has left with his wife, in a somewhat witness protection program might beat being locked up for the last 15....and no one is killing government witnesses anymore so he could come and go as he pleases if it ever came to that....and like you always say PB, joey merlino is dumb if he is back being the shotcaller in philly

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805934
10/03/14 08:31 AM
10/03/14 08:31 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Ligambi flipping lol

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: TommyGambino] #805938
10/03/14 08:46 AM
10/03/14 08:46 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Ligambi flipping lol

gravano flipping...joey massino flipping....leonetti flipping

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: merlino] #805939
10/03/14 08:51 AM
10/03/14 08:51 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Ligambi flipping lol

That's a fair point. Gravano and Leonetti flipped before the Internet. But these sites were around when Massino flipped. And prior to that the groupies used to WORSHIP HIM on the boards. The Last Godfather, blah blah blah. A Man's Man, blah blah blah. And other like minded bullshit.

When he flipped they turned on him at the drop of a hat. I knew he was no fucking good, blah blah blah. He was a rat all along, blah blah blah.

Yeah, sure they knew rolleyes.

But I'd still be shocked if Ligambi ever rolled. That's just my humble opinion, though.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805942
10/03/14 08:57 AM
10/03/14 08:57 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
I agree with you PB, because as you stated he did do some time for murder and kept quiet.....Im just speculating because of him having a few goons around him to protect him, because if he is retired and done, why need the protection, I mean he is just a retired italian businessman

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: merlino] #805945
10/03/14 09:10 AM
10/03/14 09:10 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Ligambi flipping lol

None of them got life in prison and did 10 years of the sentence without a peep, they ratted when faced with a heavy sentence. Your clutching at straws.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805946
10/03/14 09:11 AM
10/03/14 09:11 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Transplant Gravano and Leonetti to the present and I guarantee nobody would see them ratting either.

"Gravano is Cosa Nostra to the core. He had Castellano's ear. Gambino would have been proud of him. He's all substance and no style. Other people wear the flash suits, scream blue murder and grab the headlines. Gravano gets up at 8am, puts on his hard hat, his work boots and makes money for the family. He has his fingers in every pie!"

Gravano flipped? I knew the little dwarf would flip!

"Leonetti is Cosa Nostra to the core. It's in his blood. He would never sell out Uncle Nicky. The guy is crazy. It's even in his name. He eats rats for dinner."

The guy ratted on his own uncle. The sonofabitch! He sat there beside him in the courtroom playing it ice cool, knowing he would be sipping Mai Tai's in North Dakota in no time! I called it!

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: merlino] #805947
10/03/14 09:12 AM
10/03/14 09:12 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I mean he is just a retired italian businessman

So am I whistle.

But my wife has a little girl .22 in her purse. Full carry permit. She owns and operates two laundromats in Mount Vernon, so it's honestly a necessity. That crazy nag is all the protection I need lol.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: Moe_Tilden] #805948
10/03/14 09:25 AM
10/03/14 09:25 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

The guy ratted on his own uncle. The sonofabitch!

Anyone would have flipped with an uncle like Scarfo. It's not ratting/betraying the family in this case, it's just common sense. Wasn't Scarfo searching for a reason to kill the nephew anyway? He asked for it.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 10/03/14 09:25 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805949
10/03/14 09:27 AM
10/03/14 09:27 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Ligmabi flipping this time around as opposed to the flowers thing in the late 80s are 2 different games. I have close family friends who were swept up in the 80s with scarfo and did 10+ years because of it.

When they talk about those days, they say it plain and simple: "you kept your mouth shut or they would kill you and your family". Scarfo and Philly LCN in the 80s were just as deadly and intimidating as any other gang in the US. It's the truth; look at the body count. And most of them were LCN family members.

Point is, Ligambi was all brand new when he got convicted of the flowers hit; that's what earned him his button. IF your around people all day long who have been in a crew for years and THEY are scared about getting whacked, AND at the same time you are watching these guys plot and scheme and kill; the way they hunt people down and kill em, you go directly to jail and shut the fuck up. IF not you worry when they are gonna get your daughter/grandkid/nephew; the one who chose to stay behind while the rest of you are in Nebraska.

Present day mob, this guy, along with the current administration in PHilly are almost encouraging flipping because bent finger and the rest have no repercussions. Who knows, maybe he wants to kill the rats and the other guys are saying NO WAY. If so, what the fucks he got to lose if he flips.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: NickyWhip] #805951
10/03/14 09:42 AM
10/03/14 09:42 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Ligmabi flipping this time around as opposed to the flowers thing in the late 80s are 2 different games. I have close family friends who were swept up in the 80s with scarfo and did 10+ years because of it.

When they talk about those days, they say it plain and simple: "you kept your mouth shut or they would kill you and your family". Scarfo and Philly LCN in the 80s were just as deadly and intimidating as any other gang in the US. It's the truth; look at the body count. And most of them were LCN family members.

Point is, Ligambi was all brand new when he got convicted of the flowers hit; that's what earned him his button. IF your around people all day long who have been in a crew for years and THEY are scared about getting whacked, AND at the same time you are watching these guys plot and scheme and kill; the way they hunt people down and kill em, you go directly to jail and shut the fuck up. IF not you worry when they are gonna get your daughter/grandkid/nephew; the one who chose to stay behind while the rest of you are in Nebraska.

Present day mob, this guy, along with the current administration in PHilly are almost encouraging flipping because bent finger and the rest have no repercussions. Who knows, maybe he wants to kill the rats and the other guys are saying NO WAY. If so, what the fucks he got to lose if he flips.

Have they ever gone after a family member like that?

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: TommyGambino] #805952
10/03/14 09:50 AM
10/03/14 09:50 AM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly

Yeah Scarfo did. He couldn't get to Joe Salerno who testified against him in the Vincent Falcone murder so he sent Philip Narducci to shoot the guys father which he did and the guy got lucky and survived.

Last edited by SonnyL; 10/03/14 09:51 AM.
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: Ted] #805960
10/03/14 10:32 AM
10/03/14 10:32 AM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Ted
Don't forget the 2011 indictment. 2 or 3 guys that pled out have already been released. Both Lucibello and Angelina get out in 2015.

Thanks Ted, yes I forgot about those guys. Lucibello is due out in February 2015, and Marty Angelina in July 2015. Possibly even earlier for Lucibello, I think I read a news report somewhere that said he may be released to a halfway house. Can't say I know for sure about that, though. I guess could possibly be the same situation for Angelina as well.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: pizzaboy] #805962
10/03/14 10:37 AM
10/03/14 10:37 AM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I don't see how anyone can think Ligambi would flip. I mean, the guy already took a life sentence on the chin and didn't say boo. He's only out because of a miraculous technicality. That's why, if he went back to prison tomorrow, he had close to fifteen years on the street that he wouldn't have had. He's playing with house money if you ask me. But I'm a Bronx guy, so what the fuck do I know? lol

I agree, PB. You hit the nail right on the head. Just my opinion, but I don't think Ligambi WOULD EVER flip. If he goes down for life, he goes down and does his time. Like you said, he's now had what, nearly 14 years considering the time he was locked away during the federal trial, on the street that he didn't imagine he would have.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: NickyWhip] #805963
10/03/14 10:42 AM
10/03/14 10:42 AM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member

This is a highly speculative question, but one I want to get some opinions on. Say that, hypothetically, Nicodemo was granted bail before the murder trial he is now facing. Just like now, there is a chance he could go away for life, and possibly flip if that happens.

If he was out on the street, do you think the family is so worried about him that they would try to take him out? If it's true that he was in on, or knows about some of those past hits, he can potentially put a lot of people away. Wasn't DiPietro killed because they thought he was ratting somebody out?

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805965
10/03/14 10:55 AM
10/03/14 10:55 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Ligambi, if he has two brain cells left to rub together MUST realise he's dodged enough bullets in his time.
The life sentence overturned on a miracle.
The recent racketeering trial.

If he's not walking away now he WANTS to die in the can.

But it's all a moot point really as it's all down to Nicodemo.
And saying that, uncle Joe's fucked.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #805967
10/03/14 11:01 AM
10/03/14 11:01 AM
Shamm11375 Offline
Button
Shamm11375  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Ligambi, if he has two brain cells left to rub together MUST realise he's dodged enough bullets in his time.
The life sentence overturned on a miracle.
The recent racketeering trial.

Don't know anything about these people past what I read here.... But you really gotta wonder about a guy like him at his age...talk about having 9 lives.... move somewhere warm and go out on a high note...

But I guess like a lot of them they live for being in those power positions.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805969
10/03/14 11:16 AM
10/03/14 11:16 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I'm no Philly guy either (which I should learn since my family came from there) but I wouldn't imagine Ligambi flipping either.

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: SonnyL] #805971
10/03/14 11:23 AM
10/03/14 11:23 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyL

Yeah Scarfo did. He couldn't get to Joe Salerno who testified against him in the Vincent Falcone murder so he sent Philip Narducci to shoot the guys father which he did and the guy got lucky and survived.

Cheers Sonny. Scarfo was a nut job for sure.

If he started taking out innocent people do you think NY would have clipped him?

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805974
10/03/14 11:31 AM
10/03/14 11:31 AM
Great Britain
British Offline OP
Underboss
British  Offline OP
Underboss
Great Britain
Is Philly the mess people say it is, or is the family tighter than people think?

British is best....
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805977
10/03/14 11:34 AM
10/03/14 11:34 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

They are tighter than the Royal Family anyway. Remember how the Queen of Queens, Queen Elizabeth, had Princess Diana whacked?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #805978
10/03/14 11:35 AM
10/03/14 11:35 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Totally agree....and that could be the the meaning of the presence of bodyguards....or maybe he is taking a cue from junior soprano and saying fuk the merlino faction this is my family and come try and get me before I get you

Re: Joe Ligambi [Re: British] #805979
10/03/14 11:37 AM
10/03/14 11:37 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: British
Is Philly the mess people say it is, or is the family tighter than people think?

Mess.

House o cards with too many chiefs not enough Indians. Wouldn't surprise me if a Nicodemo flips, the following indictments could render Philly non functioning as a viable family.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 10/03/14 11:38 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull