GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Luciano_Gotti), 227 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,387
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
opinion of joey gallo. #805169
09/28/14 11:22 PM
09/28/14 11:22 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
what is your opinion of joey gallo? ive read many books on him, the best being "joey" by goddard, I think he was a moron. he always wanted everyone to know he was a ganster, played it to the hilt. always bragged about he killed albert anastaisa, went to war with profaci in 1960 never had a chance in the world of winning, things got so bad he had to shake down a twobit cashing business ran by a man named teddy moss. was convicted of extortion got 14 yrs, got out in 9, then started his hustle of how he was now into great books, and philosophy. was running around with movie stars, wanting to be on the tonight show, Colombo offered him 1000 dollars to settle up. he refused. thinking he had some power left in Brooklyn, he was all washed up he had nothing left.most soldiers hated him, and then came umbertos.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805172
09/29/14 12:50 AM
09/29/14 12:50 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
went to war with profaci in 1960 never had a chance in the world of winning

Theoretically on a certain point he did have a chance. Profaci barely escaped being kidnapped, if Gallo had him, there would have been no problem in burying him in concrete with the other hostages. On the other hand, who knows how would the other bosses have reacted, whether they would have tolerated this.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805204
09/29/14 09:43 AM
09/29/14 09:43 AM
philly
SonnyL Offline
Made Member
SonnyL  Offline
Made Member
philly
I have to agree a little bit with you Binnie. I think he was a moron in that he wanted everyone to know he was a gangster he basically tailored his gangster persona to become "crazy Joe" and then when he got out of prison his whole trying to live with high society and all of that. I think that was very stupid. But on the other hand the man had balls for what he did going to war and kidnapping a few captains. That whole senate testimony of his when he came in dressed in all black and with his sunglasses basically playing his whole gangster persona I think that was incredibly stupid. But once again the man was definitely fearless and had a lot of balls to do what he did and though he may not have succeeded in his war he wrote himself into the history books of organized crime.

Last edited by SonnyL; 09/29/14 09:47 AM.
Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805207
09/29/14 10:03 AM
09/29/14 10:03 AM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
I find him pretty hilarious.

the mountain lion in the basement, the dwarf that he had around ect........

Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805213
09/29/14 10:46 AM
09/29/14 10:46 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Joey Gallo was definitely more gangster than Cosa Nostra, if you know what I mean.

Under normal circumstances, the Gallo brothers would never have become made if it wasn´t for the Family´s desperate need for young blood and the greed of some of the higher ups. According to Scarpa, there was an internal debate whether to let them in or not. I´m not sure but I can´t help to believe that Joe Magliocco was the one who eventually convinced Profaci to make them. Both Joey and Larry was soon put direct with Magliocco. This seems to suggest that the underboss was initially very fond of the brothers. No doubt that Magliocco later regreted this.

[Linked Image]
Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805214
09/29/14 10:49 AM
09/29/14 10:49 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I think that Joe Gallo was a real gangster.
Not only had the balls to go against his boss, but when he kidnapped Magliocco and those captains including Joe Colombo didn't whacked them only because he knew that other families would kill him. When gets out of prison in 1971, the situation is different; Joe Colombo has attracted too much attention and must be whacked,Gallo in prison has made links with blacks including Leroy Burns and organized the hit.

When Gallo made a mistake ?

In 1971 for having organized the murder of Colombo he could become boss thanks to Carlo Gambino, who at the time controlled the Commission.
With the ties he had with the black criminals could give strength to the Colombo family and certainly would have renamed Gallo Family.
So he would have to act as a Sicilian, operate in the shadows and don't attract attention.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 09/29/14 10:50 AM.
Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805215
09/29/14 10:53 AM
09/29/14 10:53 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Do you know if Joe Gallo had a son ?

In wikipedia ita say that had a son Aldo that become a Colombo associate,but I think isn't true,why become a associate of the family that whacked your father ?

in wiki eng say Joie Gallo

Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805227
09/29/14 12:01 PM
09/29/14 12:01 PM
Brooklyn Ny
Vinny_Carbone718 Offline
Button
Vinny_Carbone718  Offline
Button
Brooklyn Ny
There is no denying that Joey was a gangster even tho I felt that he was an attention junkie. But one thing is for sure, you can't go up against one boss ( profaci ) than have the next boss ( Colombo ) whacked and think that there won't be any repercussions to pay. That was Joey's problem. He was too cocky and he got whacked thinking that he couldn't be touched.

"Vinny Cee"
Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805248
09/29/14 01:35 PM
09/29/14 01:35 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
furio, I think he had a daughter. not sure, I will have to check on it.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805249
09/29/14 01:39 PM
09/29/14 01:39 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
sonnyl I think your post sums him up pretty well, I get my opinion of him from books about him, and some are hard on him.

Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805283
09/29/14 10:53 PM
09/29/14 10:53 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Joey was a character and a really not give a fuck guy.In the Book mr untouchable Nicky barnes was in jail with him and joey hanged with everyone from blacks to gays to wiseguys he didnt give a fuck about prison politics and NOONE fucked with him in jail

Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805337
09/30/14 11:28 AM
09/30/14 11:28 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
tiger84, yeah, but he was never the same when he came out. a great book about joey gallo is [ joey ] by goddard

Re: opinion of joey gallo. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #805469
10/01/14 05:35 AM
10/01/14 05:35 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
what is your opinion of joey gallo? ive read many books on him, the best being "joey" by goddard, I think he was a moron. he always wanted everyone to know he was a ganster, played it to the hilt. always bragged about he killed albert anastaisa, went to war with profaci in 1960 never had a chance in the world of winning, things got so bad he had to shake down a twobit cashing business ran by a man named teddy moss. was convicted of extortion got 14 yrs, got out in 9, then started his hustle of how he was now into great books, and philosophy. was running around with movie stars, wanting to be on the tonight show, Colombo offered him 1000 dollars to settle up. he refused. thinking he had some power left in Brooklyn, he was all washed up he had nothing left.most soldiers hated him, and then came umbertos.

Based on Joe Profaci's past actions, I would say the olive branch offer of 1000 dollars was a trick. Joe Profaci was from the old school of thought that a boss was like a god and that the penalty for rebellion was ultimate.

Also, I think Joey Gallo's war on Profaci, and the possible backing Joey had from Carlo and Tommy was proof that Profaci was a prolific drug smuggler and Joey wanted to take over his pipeline. So that is at least three major pipelines: The Profaci pipeline from somewhere in Sicily (Villabate?), the Bonanno pipeline from Canada and maybe Sicily (Castellamare Del Golfo?) and the major pipeline from Sicily controlled by the Gambinos coming in through the NY harbor from wherever. I digress...

Joey was a likely a drug dealer that wanted to move from being just a distributor to taking over his Boss' international trafficking operation. And he had Carlo and Tommy's blessing to do it.

Joey Gallo's "friendships" with Black criminals was likely a business move to set up distribution in Black neighborhoods. Not to move drugs only to Black addicts only, but also to make the Black neighborhoods the distribution point...for all addicts.

By the way, and this is VERY off topic...

Why did not Carlo Gambino have a nickname?

You have Lucky Luciano, Three Fingers, The Cigar, The Oddfather, Joe Bananas, Lord High Executioner, etc. What was Carlo's nickname, if he ever had one. My bet is that once he became a Boss, he abolished it and anyone caught saying it by his spies ended up hit.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull