GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 281 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,881
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,580
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mafia Cop Conspiracy #803951
09/21/14 03:48 AM
09/21/14 03:48 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians

http://www.mafiacopconspiracy.com/

Anyone buy a conspiracy?

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/crimelaw/features/12013/index1.html

Lengthy nymag article about the "mafia cops".

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803953
09/21/14 04:00 AM
09/21/14 04:00 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Them 2 , Connolly and delvecchio should all spend the rest of there lives behind bars , these people r supposed to protect the public

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #804230
09/22/14 11:26 PM
09/22/14 11:26 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Moe, the only conspiracy was when Eppolito and Caracappa first made eye contact and fell in love. RICO was the love child.

No one set those two up. They set themselves up. I read Mafia Cop before they went to jail. Even back then, you could tell by reading Eppolito's book, that something was def wrong with him. The police brutality he bragged about in the book was disturbing. That book gives the reader sort of an insider birds eye view of police brutality from the cop's standpoint. Forget about rackets. Just for the brutality alone illustrated in that book, he should have done time.

BTW, I just finished reading Donnie Brasco: Unfinished Business. If one reads between the lines in that book, it is clear that Eppolito and Caracappa had help in leaking info to Cosa Nostra from inside their police department. But the other leaker/co-conspirator was never caught. Neither was the FBI mole of Casso or the unnamed members of the Demeo crew or Murder Incorporated from the 30's. But that's another thread.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Alfa Romeo] #804253
09/23/14 08:47 AM
09/23/14 08:47 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
They're the scum of the earth. If you're gonna be a crook, fine, then be one and don't give up your friends. But if you're going to be a cop, then be a damn cop.

Your job is to protect and serve the people. If you're unhappy with the pay, then you shouldn't have taken the fucking job. A dirty cop is every bit as despicable as a wiseguy who gives up his friends. Maybe even worse because you have to expect the worst from a career criminal.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #804256
09/23/14 08:56 AM
09/23/14 08:56 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
bad cops aren't new to the nypd. bad cops go back for ever, remember abe reles who supposedly jumped out of a window, oc cant survive without bad cops. and nypd has always led the nation with cops who look the other way. eppolito and his partner are just the tip of the iceberg. nypd is rampant with bad cops.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Binnie_Coll] #804260
09/23/14 09:10 AM
09/23/14 09:10 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
bad cops aren't new to the nypd. bad cops go back for ever, remember abe reles who supposedly jumped out of a window, oc cant survive without bad cops. and nypd has always led the nation with cops who look the other way. eppolito and his partner are just the tip of the iceberg. nypd is rampant with bad cops.

It's a shit job, and if they don't want it then they should have stayed in school. Because the average cop is just about as dumb as the average street guy. But it's not as bad as it used to be.

Furthermore, I think that corruption in police departments goes on everywhere. And per capita, it's probably even more rampant in small towns. Go get yourself pulled over in upstate New York or the rural south. Tell me those guys aren't straight out of Deliverance.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #804265
09/23/14 09:20 AM
09/23/14 09:20 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
I think they are guilty, but still, how's that Kaplan failed 3 lie detector tests and what about the testimony about mini-cassettes played in a car while they say on that blog no car plays mini-cassettes? And Caracappa's DNA results compared to the evidence was inconclusive, how so?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #804284
09/23/14 11:14 AM
09/23/14 11:14 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
yeah, pb it goes on everywhere, it does seem like the last few years they have got more trigger happy up north where im at. the seattle pd has the feds all over them, I think its a real problem. for gods sakes don't militarize them any more.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: pizzaboy] #804326
09/23/14 04:05 PM
09/23/14 04:05 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
They're the scum of the earth. If you're gonna be a crook, fine, then be one and don't give up your friends. But if you're going to be a cop, then be a damn cop.

Your job is to protect and serve the people. If you're unhappy with the pay, then you shouldn't have taken the fucking job. A dirty cop is every bit as despicable as a wiseguy who gives up his friends. Maybe even worse because you have to expect the worst from a career criminal.

Oh it's clear that Eppolito and Caracappa are even worse than organized crime, even worse against the rats in organized crime. They are the enablers. It's only because of "law enforcement" like Eppolito and Caracappa than organized crime can even prosper and exist, therefore these two "police" are a worse evil than organized crime itself. What's worse than them? If they both then turn and rat on each other and try to send the other packing to some super max prison for life? LOL. I guess we can give them credit for not ratting *each other* out? LOL. Forget it, they are just dirtbags.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: pizzaboy] #804338
09/23/14 05:18 PM
09/23/14 05:18 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Yeah, at least the criminal isn't pretending to be someone upstanding... he knows what he is..He's not gonna go tell people he took the job cause he wanted to help people, like i bet those two cops did !!

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Binnie_Coll] #804340
09/23/14 05:20 PM
09/23/14 05:20 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
bad cops aren't new to the nypd. bad cops go back for ever.
Frank Serpico's book was a good read..He said 10% of the force was completely corrupt, 10%were completely clean, and the other 80% wish they were clean !!

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Alfa Romeo] #804365
09/23/14 06:32 PM
09/23/14 06:32 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Moe, the only conspiracy was when Eppolito and Caracappa first made eye contact and fell in love. RICO was the love child.

No one set those two up. They set themselves up. I read Mafia Cop before they went to jail. Even back then, you could tell by reading Eppolito's book, that something was def wrong with him. The police brutality he bragged about in the book was disturbing. That book gives the reader sort of an insider birds eye view of police brutality from the cop's standpoint. Forget about rackets. Just for the brutality alone illustrated in that book, he should have done time.

BTW, I just finished reading Donnie Braco: Unfinished Business. If one reads between the lines in that book, it is clear that Eppolito and Caracappa had help in leaking info to Cosa Nostra from inside their police department. But the other leaker/co-conspirator was never caught. Neither was the FBI mole of Casso or the unnamed members of the Demeo crew or Murder Incorporated from the 30's. But that's another thread.

Wasn't eppilito 's fingerprints on police documents found in Rosario Gambino's drop ceiling? And he was let off on some type of misunderstanding by the judge? Lol I kinda want to read what kind of wild conspiracy their families say they got caught up in lol

And it still kills me he was in Goodfellas

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #804374
09/23/14 06:48 PM
09/23/14 06:48 PM
South Carolina
C
Christy_Tic Offline
Made Member
Christy_Tic  Offline
C
Made Member
South Carolina
Lou eppolito is def a egotistical sociopath. He prob wished he was casso. At least casso was good at what he did before he became a paranoid psycho. I don't think caracappa would have went bAd if fat Andy (lol) didn't enter his life. Could be wrong about that but def feel that eppolito was the leader. And he tries to make u believe his fantasy tale in mafia cop that I read way before they went on trial or publicly accused. I was the son of a gangster and became the fifth most decorated cop in NYC history. I wonder where he came up w that number and how he didn't try to squeeze himself ahead of joe petrosino like he squeezes into his trousers that fat blowhard

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #804391
09/23/14 08:38 PM
09/23/14 08:38 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Lou eppilitto could of easily been a wiseguy if he wanted to he had contacts in that world and family but he wanted to be a glory hound and hide his evil ways behind a badge he wanted to be looked upto.This is like those serial killers who do charity work and help out and voluteer in their community but behind it all they are scum.Also the same with castelano who wanted to be known as a bussnessman instead of a wiseguy.

The worst was that piece of shit who was Greg scarpas handler he allowed scarpa to kill people and all the while he was giving scarpa info on vic orenas crew

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Sal_Bronte] #804395
09/23/14 09:09 PM
09/23/14 09:09 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Wasn't eppilito 's fingerprints on police documents found in Rosario Gambino's drop ceiling? And he was let off on some type of misunderstanding by the judge? Lol I kinda want to read what kind of wild conspiracy their families say they got caught up in lol

Yes, his mitten prints were on everything.

Joe Pistone says that no one knows what the Mafia cops did for the Gambinos. That's pretty amazing. We know that for the Luccheses, the Mafia cops were involved in multiple homicides. So basically, we don't know the half, and the other conspirators got away.

As for Hollywood, yeah, the wiseguys and connected guys didn't have a problem getting roles. A rumor I read on the internet (don't know if there is any truth to it) was that Lenny Montana (Luca Brasi) was a mafia enforcer hired on set, flubbed his lines in Brando's presence due to being star struck, and probably had like 12 bodies behind him. When you think about how some people got their roles and the type of people hired to play parts in movies, you can't envy the stars of Hollywood for their fame.

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Alfa Romeo] #804396
09/23/14 09:21 PM
09/23/14 09:21 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Quote:

Yes, his mitten prints were on everything.

Joe Pistone says that no one knows what the Mafia cops did for the Gambinos. That's pretty amazing. We know that for the Luccheses, the Mafia cops were involved in multiple homicides. So basically, we don't know the half, and the other conspirators got away.

As for Hollywood, yeah, the wiseguys and connected guys didn't have a problem getting roles. A rumor I read on the internet (don't know if there is any truth to it) was that Lenny Montana (Luca Brasi) was a mafia enforcer hired on set, flubbed his lines in Brando's presence due to being star struck, and probably had like 12 bodies behind him. When you think about how some people got their roles and the type of people hired to play parts in movies, you can't envy the stars of Hollywood for their fame.

I read the same about the guy who played Luca. I saw a doc on the behind the scenes of The Godfather and apparently a lot of the background people are real deal wiseguys and there were a lot on set trying to give pointers lol. Columbo guys mostly. Caan got really close with Persico during the filming.

Last edited by Sal_Bronte; 09/23/14 09:21 PM.
Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #804399
09/23/14 09:26 PM
09/23/14 09:26 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
and as far as Eppolito I find it really hard to believe he wasnt in The Gambino's pocket from the jump. I wouldnt be surprised if they looked at it almost like one of their own got a badge instead of a button. I doubt his cousin tells Kaplan what did in prison without KNOWING Louie does that kind of work

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Sal_Bronte] #804400
09/23/14 09:29 PM
09/23/14 09:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Wiseguys hanging around movie sets was rampant back then, especially when the subject matter was about them. It goes all the way back to George Raft and his obsession with hanging out with hoodlums (he had a lot in common with James Caan in that respect).

Back in the early '60s, Sinatra and Company made a fun musical called "Robin and the Seven Hoods." There are at least two bona fide killers in that film. One of them even had a small speaking role wink.

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: pizzaboy] #804401
09/23/14 09:30 PM
09/23/14 09:30 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest

It's a shit job, and if they don't want it then they should have stayed in school. Because the average cop is just about as dumb as the average street guy. But it's not as bad as it used to be.

Furthermore, I think that corruption in police departments goes on everywhere. And per capita, it's probably even more rampant in small towns. Go get yourself pulled over in upstate New York or the rural south. Tell me those guys aren't straight out of Deliverance.

I dont think theres much worse than a person that abuses the "To Serve And Protect" on their badge.

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: pizzaboy] #804402
09/23/14 09:36 PM
09/23/14 09:36 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
Wiseguys hanging around movie sets was rampant back then, especially when the subject matter was about them. It goes all the way back to George Raft and his obsession with hanging out with hoodlums (he had a lot in common with James Caan in that respect).

Back in the early '60s, Sinatra and Company made a fun musical called "Robin and the Seven Hoods." There are at least two bona fide killers in that film. One of them even had a small speaking role wink.

I knew about most of that except the "Robin and The Seven Hoods" thing. and whats even weirder than that my dad's got it on dvd, I watched it not that long ago

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: pizzaboy] #804404
09/23/14 09:46 PM
09/23/14 09:46 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:

Back in the early '60s, Sinatra and Company made a fun musical called "Robin and the Seven Hoods." There are at least two bona fide killers in that film. One of them even had a small speaking role wink

Now some of us are going to have to hunt down the two undercovers in that movie.

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #804405
09/23/14 09:53 PM
09/23/14 09:53 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
lol it'll be fun

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Sal_Bronte] #804406
09/23/14 10:35 PM
09/23/14 10:35 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
lol it'll be fun

Do we really have any choice? I don't think so.

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #804486
09/24/14 12:28 PM
09/24/14 12:28 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
no.............no we dont

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: pizzaboy] #804716
09/26/14 05:15 AM
09/26/14 05:15 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
PizzaBoy I give up. When I go on IMDb and look up the full cast, they have like half of broadway working on this one show. Cannot locate the mobsters.

Who were they?

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #805453
10/01/14 04:35 AM
10/01/14 04:35 AM
PNW
I
InsideLookingOut Offline
Wiseguy
InsideLookingOut  Offline
I
Wiseguy
PNW
There was a Career Criminal in NYC in the 70's and 80's who got his guns and bullet-proof vests from NYPD. He would have to cut off the lettering on his bullet proof vests.
He said most of the time they had the letters NYPD but sometimes they might have ATF or FBI on them.
Local cops were not the only ones on the take. You can't import Kilos and Kilos with only local LEO on your side - you need everybody.

Don't know if anything has changed, but that's the way I heard it.

Robin and the 7 Hoods... sounds delightful

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #808486
10/15/14 01:52 PM
10/15/14 01:52 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Fed with ties to mob pushes for release after Miami murder case overturned

By David Ovalle

dovalle@MiamiHerald.com

10/14/2014 3:42 PM

Nearly five months after an appeals court reversed his murder conviction in Miami on a legal technicality, ex-Boston FBI agent John Connolly remains behind bars as prosecutors fight to keep him imprisoned. At issue: Prosecutors immediately asked Miami’s Third District Court of Appeal to reconsider a May ruling in favor of Connolly, whose relationship with notorious Boston mobster James “Whitey” Bulger became the basis for the 2006 crime drama movie The Departed.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article2748699.html#storylink=cpy

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #808490
10/15/14 02:31 PM
10/15/14 02:31 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I agree they railroaded him by saying he had his FBI gun on him at the time Wheeler was popped, but I think he is reaching by wanting to get out.

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #808496
10/15/14 03:16 PM
10/15/14 03:16 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
that fbi agent Connolly, was on whiteys payroll from day one, he deserves no mercy.

Re: Mafia Cop Conspiracy [Re: Moe_Tilden] #808497
10/15/14 03:22 PM
10/15/14 03:22 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Oh I agree with you there, but they charged him with being in on that Wheeler hit while using a weapon and he didn't even do that. To me, that's b.s. Yea he's scum and should be treated as such, but to pile on is not how it's supposed to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull