Just have read this:
http://www.crimerussia.ru/organizedcrime...hasya-foto.html
Sorry for being too lazy for translating it, but to sum it up it's like that: Putin publicly thanked and rewarded the boss of the Solntsevskaya Bratva, Sergei Mikhailov, presenting him a costly handwatch.
Also, another article says the same gangster won a compensation from a TV program where a photo of him and his gang was shown and the member of parliament Alexander Hinstein expressed regret for some of the gang bosses still not being behind bars and having bought freedom by going "legit".

The point is that even though I never had illusions about Putin, I at least hoped Miklhailov would get on his bad side and have the same end as Kumarin eventually. Even though nobody agrees with me on this, not even my family, I think Putin is just afraid of this guys, or else he would have already confiscated his money and used it either for himself of the country's international debts. He has no guts to do a "serious antimafia dictator" like Mussolini. And that's no surprise, since Mikhailov isn't just a bag of money like Khodorkovsky or Berezovsky. He is violent, if somebody threw him in jail, I personally think all the hell would break loose like in Mexico or Italy in the 80s.
Really, if only it was possible to make one person on a planet drop dead right now, it would be either Sergei Mikhailov or his right-hand man Victor Averin. The unwillingness of giving those 2 what they deserve makes my country look like [censored] more than anything else probably.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."