GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Malavita), 187 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,948
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,341
Posts1,058,948
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mobsters from middle/upper classes #803650
09/19/14 09:35 AM
09/19/14 09:35 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians

I'll get the ball rolling with Sammy Gravano.

Who else came from a comfortable background? There can't be that many can there?

I don't count people like Tommy Gambino because that's a direct consequence of Carlo's ill gained wealth and so that's a bit different.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803657
09/19/14 10:09 AM
09/19/14 10:09 AM
Brooklyn Ny
Vinny_Carbone718 Offline
Button
Vinny_Carbone718  Offline
Button
Brooklyn Ny
Mikey franzese did. Look who his dad was. Can I count john Jr Gotti. He grew up in Howard beach in a nice home. His mom was a house wife.. And never worked a day in her life. Only reason why the Gotti family would go broke was because john Sr was a lousy gambler and would loose hundreds of thousands smh lol moron. Who else, there is many others... Old timer like Salvatore "bill" bonanno... Son of joe bonanno. He grew up in Hempstead Long Island... A well off area, a nice comfortable living before he got mobbed up. Salvatore maranzano grew up very wealthy in Palermo Sicily before be came to the states in 1925-1926. I can't think of no others right now. Lol

Last edited by Vinny_Carbone718; 09/19/14 10:18 AM.

"Vinny Cee"
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Vinny_Carbone718] #803660
09/19/14 10:14 AM
09/19/14 10:14 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I don't think you can count legacies like Franzese or Junior Gotti or Tore LoCascio or Craig DePalma. They grow up with a different mindset than your average entitled suburban kid. And even there, it's tough to make real gangsters out of them. For every Tore LoCascio, there are ten Craig DePalmas (who was a good kid, but he was no gangster).

I've said it here a million times. It's very difficult to develop a true gangster mentality when you grow up wanting for nothing. There are anomalies, of course. But they're few and far between.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803661
09/19/14 10:15 AM
09/19/14 10:15 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
im sure their were many, ,michael fransese, alphonse persico went to st. jons.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803663
09/19/14 10:17 AM
09/19/14 10:17 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians

I'm on about middle/upper class guys who joined the mafia despite being brought up in a family that wasn't mobbed up - like Sammy.

His parents were good people.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803672
09/19/14 11:00 AM
09/19/14 11:00 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Roy Demeo was born into a well off family.His uncle was atorney,and one was farmasist.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803701
09/19/14 01:15 PM
09/19/14 01:15 PM
Brooklyn Ny
Vinny_Carbone718 Offline
Button
Button
Brooklyn Ny
Moe's question was... Who else came from a comfortable back ground. I thought he meant wiseguys who grew up comfortable before they joined the mob. I must of read the question wrong lol

"Vinny Cee"
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: pizzaboy] #803704
09/19/14 01:28 PM
09/19/14 01:28 PM
Brooklyn Ny
Vinny_Carbone718 Offline
Button
Button
Brooklyn Ny
That's why I mentioned mike franzese. He grew up wanting for nothing, went to a good private school (hofstra university) and was suppose to be legitimated. Jr Gotti grew up comfortable not wanting for nothing but he wanted to be just like his dad so he was destined to be a gangster. I don't think Mike franzese wanted to follow in his fathers foot steps but his dad needed him to take care of his business when he got jammed up in the late 60's and did that time. I got one... What about Sal ruggerio.... Son to quack quack ruggerio. How did he grow up? I am guessing he grew up pretty good with all that drug money his father was making wit his younger brother Sal and Genie Gotti. Lol

"Vinny Cee"
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803706
09/19/14 01:33 PM
09/19/14 01:33 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

The Kennedy's where well off wink

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: alexandarns] #803709
09/19/14 01:56 PM
09/19/14 01:56 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: alexandarns
Roy Demeo was born into a well off family.His uncle was atorney,and one was farmasist.

A farmasist? Is that a person who works on a farm?

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Vinny_Carbone718] #803710
09/19/14 01:57 PM
09/19/14 01:57 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Vinny_Carbone718
That's why I mentioned mike franzese. He grew up wanting for nothing, went to a good private school (hofstra university) and was suppose to be legitimated. Jr Gotti grew up comfortable not wanting for nothing but he wanted to be just like his dad so he was destined to be a gangster. I don't think Mike franzese wanted to follow in his fathers foot steps but his dad needed him to take care of his business when he got jammed up in the late 60's and did that time. I got one... What about Sal ruggerio.... Son to quack quack ruggerio. How did he grow up? I am guessing he grew up pretty good with all that drug money his father was making wit his younger brother Sal and Genie Gotti. Lol

Those kids were influenced and wanted to be just like daddy.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: mulberry] #803712
09/19/14 02:02 PM
09/19/14 02:02 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mulberry

A farmasist? Is that a person who works on a farm?

/me chuckles

Neg Mul. It's an ASSISTANT on a farm.

wink

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803713
09/19/14 02:05 PM
09/19/14 02:05 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Jon Perna

Obviously the family was 100% CN , they grew up in Belleville when it wasn't as dark and a decent place to live ( tough Italian neighborhood and still is in some sections further from Newark border ) . Jon was one of top wrestlers in the state ( state champ and top 3 every year in HS) and received a degree from seton hall ( tuition is $50k a year but think he had a scholly ) .

Joe was older than me but I think he went to college too

Now the kids had some growing up to do ( notice how much info was on those wiretaps ) but the old man wasn't on those taps , but this recent indictment IMO will result in these kids staying off the radar ( smartening up ) and still being earners in the stable book and shy business where they easily making 6 figures . Since that bust I haven't seen em at all so these kids got smart , pre indictment I knew how this crew talked . These kids will be smart n stick to book and shy ( low LE priority ) make high end income and maybe a small stretch here and there.

Ralph I believe was the only one that didn't get offered a plea so IMO that is why this has dragged out , would not be surprised if this drags out until next August when Michael gets out and I think he steps right into the leader role and do what they do best , take action and make loans and this family is one of the best on NJ at that .

Ralph is some smart gangster , hardly anyone knew crap about him but he was running things , try and find 1 thing about this guy in the 90s . If I was ever in that life I would be doing the services he provided and using that $ to buy up small construction companies and real estate for rentals, high grade weed wholesaling is something I would also think about but at a mid level layer to keep off the radar. I don't know about the permas but the Tacetta had or have union influence . I personally would stay away from the union stuff but use my family connections to get contracts . Paper recycling is another thing I would do and somehow that activity is still off the radar.

Jeez I know of a major waste transportation company killing it , in fact killing it so much that A P/E firm bought a big chunk , and guess who rents this company their lease ? Another guy in the biz

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803719
09/19/14 02:50 PM
09/19/14 02:50 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Roseanna Perna is hot as hell.

Though in that family, with that father and those brothers, I'd run a mile before even looking at her.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: DB] #803722
09/19/14 03:06 PM
09/19/14 03:06 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DB
Jon Perna

Obviously the family was 100% CN , they grew up in Belleville when it wasn't as dark and a decent place to live ( tough Italian neighborhood and still is in some sections further from Newark border ) . Jon was one of top wrestlers in the state ( state champ and top 3 every year in HS) and received a degree from seton hall ( tuition is $50k a year but think he had a scholly ) .

Joe was older than me but I think he went to college too

Now the kids had some growing up to do ( notice how much info was on those wiretaps ) but the old man wasn't on those taps , but this recent indictment IMO will result in these kids staying off the radar ( smartening up ) and still being earners in the stable book and shy business where they easily making 6 figures . Since that bust I haven't seen em at all so these kids got smart , pre indictment I knew how this crew talked . These kids will be smart n stick to book and shy ( low LE priority ) make high end income and maybe a small stretch here and there.

Ralph I believe was the only one that didn't get offered a plea so IMO that is why this has dragged out , would not be surprised if this drags out until next August when Michael gets out and I think he steps right into the leader role and do what they do best , take action and make loans and this family is one of the best on NJ at that .

Ralph is some smart gangster , hardly anyone knew crap about him but he was running things , try and find 1 thing about this guy in the 90s . If I was ever in that life I would be doing the services he provided and using that $ to buy up small construction companies and real estate for rentals, high grade weed wholesaling is something I would also think about but at a mid level layer to keep off the radar. I don't know about the permas but the Tacetta had or have union influence . I personally would stay away from the union stuff but use my family connections to get contracts . Paper recycling is another thing I would do and somehow that activity is still off the radar.

Jeez I know of a major waste transportation company killing it , in fact killing it so much that A P/E firm bought a big chunk , and guess who rents this company their lease ? Another guy in the biz

How many kids does Ralph Perna have? Doesn't he have 3 sons that are made?

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803730
09/19/14 04:36 PM
09/19/14 04:36 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
So would Al Capone be considered as coming from a "comfortable" background? His father who was educated (pretty rare in those days) moved the family out of the slums just after Al was born into an apartment above the barber shop he owned.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803744
09/19/14 05:23 PM
09/19/14 05:23 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
There Joe Jon Ralph and I think 1 more

Jon and Joe are def made and will be running north jeez at some point I'm sure as Tacetta kid , while made , got no chance . Wouldn't be shocked if he is shelved when his elders are gone and he will be stuck with small scores like his recent weed deal which was so amateur , I mean HS stuff , buying a few lbs without the buyers lined up , just selling it by word of mouth which is guaranteed to end up in a bust from some random informant .

I don't think Ralph is made but I could be wrong , I really don't know

When Jon was first made he had that " do I know u bro " tude when people would say what's up , people he vaguely knew, I know big timing people . I think he watched to many movies on how a gangster should act but now I think he got his shit together, sometimes it takes a pinch or 2 for people to realize how real this is , plus he was young and was made young , he a kid that will keep that family strong , he got a legit degree so should have some good ideas on where to invest the $ and is strong , a leader

Now I don't know Barney at all but it just seems like this guy gets it and has from a young age , this was not about being cool and showing off or this or that , this was serious and a deadly biz and he played it as such , again if I passed him I wouldn't know him but he is real CN and really this seems to be the case with all Westside guys . I'm probably wrong but from things I hear , while they lost a lot of biz in fish market, some unions etc , they have greatly expanded their book n shy business with the severe weakening of the other families . I really think these guys still wield a tremendous amount of power and wealth and learned how to blend illegitimate biz w legit biz .

The mob of the the past and all it's violence is done and done forever but associates that act dumb n don't draw the media attention will still be hit and I still don't think many associates are willing to run on the bad side of the Westside .
Again all just my opinion

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: DB] #803752
09/19/14 05:44 PM
09/19/14 05:44 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DB
There Joe Jon Ralph and I think 1 more

Jon and Joe are def made and will be running north jeez at some point I'm sure as Tacetta kid , while made , got no chance . Wouldn't be shocked if he is shelved when his elders are gone and he will be stuck with small scores like his recent weed deal which was so amateur , I mean HS stuff , buying a few lbs without the buyers lined up , just selling it by word of mouth which is guaranteed to end up in a bust from some random informant .

I don't think Ralph is made but I could be wrong , I really don't know

When Jon was first made he had that " do I know u bro " tude when people would say what's up , people he vaguely knew, I know big timing people . I think he watched to many movies on how a gangster should act but now I think he got his shit together, sometimes it takes a pinch or 2 for people to realize how real this is , plus he was young and was made young , he a kid that will keep that family strong , he got a legit degree so should have some good ideas on where to invest the $ and is strong , a leader

Now I don't know Barney at all but it just seems like this guy gets it and has from a young age , this was not about being cool and showing off or this or that , this was serious and a deadly biz and he played it as such , again if I passed him I wouldn't know him but he is real CN and really this seems to be the case with all Westside guys . I'm probably wrong but from things I hear , while they lost a lot of biz in fish market, some unions etc , they have greatly expanded their book n shy business with the severe weakening of the other families . I really think these guys still wield a tremendous amount of power and wealth and learned how to blend illegitimate biz w legit biz .

The mob of the the past and all it's violence is done and done forever but associates that act dumb n don't draw the media attention will still be hit and I still don't think many associates are willing to run on the bad side of the Westside .
Again all just my opinion

The son Carlo won't be shelved as long as the Taccetta brothers live, as for people not wanting to get on the bad side of the Westside, are you just talking New Jersey? Then fair enough, in terms of Ny Gambino's are just as feared.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803795
09/20/14 04:50 AM
09/20/14 04:50 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Yes that what I meant w Carlo but I still not sure how much they let him in

He got busted with a Mickey Mouse weed operation ( 2 lbs I think ) at a damn traffic stop and his right hand was basically trying to sell small quantities to people the night before .

I could be wrong but why else we he be doing this type of tiny operation , If I told you more you would laugh how small time it is .

Yes mainly talking NJ but NY too , I agree Gambino no doubt feared too.
It sounds like gambinos might have a major role in drug distro in NY NJ PA .

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803796
09/20/14 05:05 AM
09/20/14 05:05 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
it was actually over 60 pounds taccetta was caught with in his truck.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: alexandarns] #803799
09/20/14 05:40 AM
09/20/14 05:40 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
W
Walkner Offline
Button
Walkner  Offline
W
Button
Phoenix, Arizona

His uncle Albert was one of the most well known Prosecutors in New York, an his other uncle was not a Pharmacist, he was a medical examiner in Brooklyn I believe it was. He actually examined Andrei Katz' corpse.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803803
09/20/14 06:21 AM
09/20/14 06:21 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Yes,he was from a respected family it seems.Why did he ever want to be a mobster,i just can't understand it.My parents are both doctors,and i would never consider to do ilegal stuff,and over here mobsters really have a lot of money.I am talking about Serbia.One phd doctor earns 14000 euros a year,a criminal drives a car that costs a 100000,imagine how much does he really make,drugs not included.All i want to say is i can't figure out why Demeo wanted to be a gangster.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: alexandarns] #803804
09/20/14 06:36 AM
09/20/14 06:36 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yes,he was from a respected family it seems.Why did he ever want to be a mobster,i just can't understand it.My parents are both doctors,and i would never consider to do ilegal stuff,and over here mobsters really have a lot of money.I am talking about Serbia.One phd doctor earns 14000 euros a year,a criminal drives a car that costs a 100000,imagine how much does he really make,drugs not included.All i want to say is i can't figure out why Demeo wanted to be a gangster.

How do you become a doctor in Serbia? Is it a mail order thing? Do you sacrifice a sheep and chant I'm a doctor three times and they give you a stethoscope and a diploma to hang on the wall?

Sorry, Alex. You know I can't help myself tongue tongue grin grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803805
09/20/14 06:39 AM
09/20/14 06:39 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Lay off Pizza.What kind of a joke is that,am talking about my parents,thast just bs pizza.You are a nasty person,i wish you dont correspnd with me anymore.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: DB] #803806
09/20/14 06:44 AM
09/20/14 06:44 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
[quote=DB]Yes that what I meant w Carlo but I still not sure how much they let him in
He got busted with a Mickey Mouse weed operation ( 2 lbs I think ) at a damn traffic stop and his right hand was basically trying to sell small quantities to people the night before . "

He got popped with 60 pounds. It was'nt some routine traffic stop, the state police were investigating him based on someone else getting caught and talking. The state police had a tip he was coming back from xyz with weed.
Why a supposed " made guy" with such a recognizable name in nj would be driving with a pack of firecrackers in his car, never mind 60 pounds of weed, is mind boggling. Just plain amateurish.
He doesnt have an underling that could drive the shit for gods sakes ????

Last edited by Belmont; 09/20/14 06:47 AM.
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803807
09/20/14 06:45 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
lol

PB sometimes i think you forget what board your on, you have to remember this the babyboard where its easy for people to get their little feelings hurt. cry

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: alexandarns] #803808
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Lay off Pizza.What kind of a joke is that,am talking about my parents,thast just bs pizza.You are a nasty person,i wish you dont correspnd with me anymore.

I'm sorry, buddy. I was really just kidding. That's why I used those silly smileys.

And that's good for your parents. I hope you'll be a professional one day, too smile.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Belmont] #803810
09/20/14 06:53 AM
09/20/14 06:53 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Why a supposed " made guy" with such a recognizable name in nj would be driving with a pack of firecrackers in his car, never mind 60 pounds of weed, is mind boggling. Just plain amateurish.
He doesnt have an underling that could drive the shit for gods sakes ????

See, to me that speaks volumes wink.

I think it's too easy to overestimate that "mob royalty" stuff. And WAAAY too easy to be predicting what kind of future these mopes are going to have. All it takes is one dummy with a big mouth, followed by one indictment, followed by one rat, and the entire family is in prison.

Look at the Bascianos. Need I point out that ten years ago these people were on top of the world?

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: alexandarns] #803812
09/20/14 07:10 AM
09/20/14 07:10 AM
R
Red_63 Offline
Made Member
Red_63  Offline
R
Made Member

I tried to lay off pizza too been losing weight but still getting cake na what I mean bull I mean alexanderarnsass

Yeah Your Gangster Alright!!
Keep making excuses on why our country is in bad shape just admit your a hump already
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: pizzaboy] #803813
09/20/14 07:12 AM
09/20/14 07:12 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Serbia has actually a very good and advanced educational system. Many students from all parts of the world come to Serbia to study. And there are a lot of extremely bright Serbian historical figures who has made a great impact over the years. Nikola Tesla comes to mind. I know PB´s joke was well meant because I have had the pleasure to get to know him pretty well these three years I´ve been on here. But I just wanted to set the record straight.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull