GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Brovelli), 362 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,424
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NYC's most dangerous gang #801249
09/07/14 12:40 PM
09/07/14 12:40 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
New NYPost article.

The Mac Baller Brims: NYC’s most dangerous gang
By Brad HamiltonSeptember 7, 2014 | 4:16am
Modal Trigger
The Mac Baller Brims: NYC’s most dangerous gang
A blood-soaked gun used by Shaaliver Douse, 14, in a shooting that ended with police kiilling him.

They are the new Mafia, a ruthless Bronx-based cabal of drug dealers and gun runners that officials call the most dangerous gang in the city.

The Mac Baller Brims, a set of the national Bloods gang, form a terrifying band of crime-happy hoods who own much of New York’s street drug trade and dominate Rikers Island, where they control the contraband and decide who lives and dies, police and jail sources say.

“Top dogs in the city,” said one law-enforcement source. “There are more of them than any other Bloods, and they’re highly organized, extremely violent, very powerful. Other gangs fear them.”
The gang, which also calls itself the “Mac Balla Family,” is based in the Morrisania section of The Bronx but has tentacles across the city, especially in Brooklyn and Staten Island, as well as upstate and New Jersey.
Its violence has claimed at least five innocent bystanders, three of them teenage girls, authorities say.

They include Vada Vasquez, 15, a Bronx student who miraculously survived being hit in the head with a stray bullet during a revenge attack on the gang by its well-armed rival, the Gorilla Stone Bloods, in 2009.
Another victim was not so lucky. Bronx prom queen Samantha Guzman, 18, died in a spray of bullets on Mother’s Day 2006 when she and her friends wandered into a Mac Baller shootout in Morrisania.

Their reach extends along the Eastern Seaboard, where the gang’s operations — gun running, robbery and kidnapping — can be found in Maryland, Virginia, the Carolinas, Kentucky and Georgia.

In one remarkably brazen assault in March, jailed Mac Baller member Kelvin Melton orchestrated the abduction of a North Carolina prosecutor’s father.
The snatching was retaliation: Victim Frank Janssen’s daughter Colleen, an assistant district attorney in Wake Forest, had put Melton away for life in 2012. Eight thugs pistol-whipped Janssen and held him for five days before the FBI rescued him.

The leader is convicted killer Larry “O” Calderon, 37, a Bronx-born career criminal who spent 17 years in state prison in two stints and is now facing life for murdering a subordinate, according to a top investigator familiar with the gang.
Calderon is known as the “godfather” or “don” of the Mac Baller Brims.

He and his top associate, Eli “Blood Eli” Rios, 38, who is doing life upstate for homicide, oversee an extensive network in the state and city jails as head of a Mafia-like commission that dictates all family matters, including the sanctioning of hits on rivals and turncoats, the investigator said.
The decisions of this “board of directors” — conveyed with the help of girlfriends and family through cryptic messages on Facebook and Twitter — affect what happens on the street and behind bars, the source said.
There are at least 525 confirmed members, although police suspect the actual number is much higher as it doesn’t count scores of associates and wannabe “YGs,” or young gangsters, who hope to join.

Initiation rites range from being “jumped in” — the proposed member must endure a group beating — to committing murder. Not all survive. Shaaliver Douse, 14, was told last year he needed to carry out a hit to be accepted. He missed his target, then was killed by cops.

One notorious member is Scott “Murder One” Fields, who earned his nickname for “beating two murder raps,” said one source, including the slaying of a john he allegedly set up for a robbery in the Park Hill section of Staten Island.
Fields, who has been arrested many times and eventually served seven years for manslaughter for a separate slaying, dared to try to launch his own Bloods set but was turned down by the Mac Baller leaders. Fields was lucky not to be targeted himself, the source said.

“He was looking to trying to get authorization. He was going to call it the Staten Island Rangers. He tried to drop his flag. That’s a violation.”

The gang features a money unit and a murder unit.

The money unit rakes in millions from dealing heroin, crack, pot and prescription pills like OxyContin. Members trade extensively in illegal handguns brought to New York though the “Iron Pipeline” and earn cash from home robberies, street muggings, extortion, prostitution and kidnapping.
That doesn’t include their control of a bustling underground market of contraband at Rikers, where a single loose cigarette known as a “finger” can fetch $10 and vulnerable inmates pay protection money to avoid being stabbed or beaten.

Assault in the big house also pays well: the MBBs supply hospital-grade scalpels for $100 apiece: tiny, razor-sharp weapons favored by inmates for slashing enemies.

One alleged supplier was gang associate Michael “Lucky” Walcott, an employee at St. Luke’s Hospital, who took used scalpels straight from the surgical discard bins and had women smuggle them into jail by hiding them in body cavities, the sources said.

The gang is also heavily involved in the rap industry, law-enforcement sources say. A young artist calls himself Balla Mac, though it’s unclear if he’s a member of the gang.

“Some of these guys have a lot of money,” said one source. “There are Mac Ballers who have properties, businesses, real-estate companies, houses in New Jersey. They’re not stupid.”

Like Italian gangsters, the MBBs have their own language and customs, which date to 1969 in California and a group once called the LA Hat Gang. Their named changed in the 1970s to the 5-9 Brims (their home turf being at 59th Street in South LA’s Harvard Park) as the Bloods grew and unified out West before an East Coast branch was created in 1993.

That occurred when jailed leader Omar Portee established the United Blood Nation in Rikers to battle the more powerful Latin Kings. Known as O.G. Mack (for “Original Gangster”), Portee set up 10 sets of Bloods across the city. One was named the 59 Brims after its LA counterpart, though it operated independently.

The Mac Baller Brims, which formed in 2001, are the most powerful of the four Brim sets in New York (collectively the New York Blood Brim Army) and are now seeking to break away because of their numbers and influence.
Their name mixes a tribute to Mack Portee with slang for gangster or drug dealer (“baller”).

They embrace a code of ethics every bit as strict as the Mafia’s “omerta.”
Calderon — who got busted in April, along with more than 60 other suspected Mac Baller members — is facing murder charges for allegedly killing one of his own over an ethical transgression.

Gang member Frank Russell participated in a botched and unsanctioned home-invasion robbery in 2011 when one of the MBB members was killed and another, Geo Ramirez, was wounded. Instead of helping his companion, Russell bolted and left Ramirez behind.

Calderon and Rios then allegedly put out a hit on Russell, who was killed by three associates, the charges state.
Rios could face more time but is already serving life for a coldblooded slaying on a Bronx street in 2004.

The killer, accompanied by half a dozen gang members, was apparently put off that the victim, Paul Anderson, and a companion dared to be in the area, asking the pair, “What are you doing on my block?”
So he pulled out his gun and chased the two as they fled. Rios killed Anderson and wounded an innocent bystander in the knee.
The new indictment, which comes on the heels of a takedown of 14 top Mac Ballers in Binghamton in March, spells out 109 alleged crimes, including two homicides and four attempted murders. Bronx DA Robert Johnson called it “an extensive catalogue of violent crimes.”

And it reads like an episode of the TV show “The Wire,” with patched-together transcripts of conversations made over disposable cellphones. The defendants used nicknames such as Chaddy, Rizo and Weezy, who is heard expressing his “regret for not shooting someone that he had a disagreement with.”
But will these roundups dent the Mac Ballers’ power?

Not anytime soon, say experts familiar with the gang.
“They’re being careful,” said one source, noting that bugged conversations used to get indictments have made the Mac Ballers ultra-cautious. “Guys will drop their cellphones every 20 days,” he said.
And, he said, there is no slowing the stream of young gangsters and young Bloods angling for admission.
“A lot of YGs and YBs [young Bloods] are going to the Mac Ballers,” he said.
The new generation is supplying bodies so fast even Rios can’t keep up. He was heard remarking on the youth of the gang’s newest prison arrivals.
“Most of the kids you got me locked up here with I don’t even know,” he said.

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Scorsese] #801256
09/07/14 12:56 PM
09/07/14 12:56 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Scorsese good read thanks.

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: NNY78] #801264
09/07/14 01:08 PM
09/07/14 01:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The de Blasio family is NYC's most dangerous gang. By daylight.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: pizzaboy] #801267
09/07/14 01:29 PM
09/07/14 01:29 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

The most dangerous antimafia family:

Boss: Giovanni Falcone
Underboss: Paolo Borsellino
Consigliere: Joseph Pistone
Capo: Jack Garcia
Capo: Joe Petrosino
Capo: Rudolph Giuliani
Capo: Fiorello La Guardia
Soldiers: Michael Fiaschetti, Ninni Cassara', Rocco Chinnici, Pio La Torre, Louis Olivero, Joseph Raimo, Giuseppe Impastato, Charles Cavolo.
Associates: Robert Kennedy, Thomas Dewey, Estes Kefauver, Burton Turkus, Eliot Ness and other non identified individuals.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Dwalin2011] #801269
09/07/14 01:31 PM
09/07/14 01:31 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

The most dangerous antimafia family:

Soldiers: Michael Fiaschetti, Ninni Cassara', Rocco Chinnici, Pio La Torre, Louis Olivero, Joseph Raimo, Giuseppe Impastato, Charles Cavolo.
Associates: Robert Kennedy, Thomas Dewey, Estes Kefauver, Burton Turkus, Eliot Ness and other non identified individuals.

Nice list Dwalin

Last edited by NNY78; 09/07/14 01:34 PM.
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Dwalin2011] #801271
09/07/14 01:34 PM
09/07/14 01:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's a clever list, Dwalin smile.

But in case you don't know, Bill de Blasio is the new Mayor of New York City. He hates the police department, and his wife has a bigger dick than he does. Together, they're as dangerous as any gang.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Scorsese] #801284
09/07/14 01:56 PM
09/07/14 01:56 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
Was: Revis_Island
R
Underboss
I read somewhere in the post a while ago that the trinitarios are bad.

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: pizzaboy] #801296
09/07/14 02:49 PM
09/07/14 02:49 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline
Capo
Primo  Offline
P
Capo
It's cold in the north

But in case you don't know, Bill de Blasio is the new Mayor of New York City. He hates the police department, and his wife has a bigger dick than he does. Together, they're as dangerous as any gang.

what was it about him that people liked so much to vote him in?

I've walked along the red canal of mars
I've known kings and king makers
Poets painters and paupers
I've danced danced on the rings of Saturn
Still your pilgrim soul is the only thing that ever mattered
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Scorsese] #801300
09/07/14 02:59 PM
09/07/14 02:59 PM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
DeBlasio...or whatever his real name is....will bring back the glorious days of the 70's and mayor Dinkins...rampant crime, filthy streets, homelessness, and most importantly self esteem for the perpetrators of it all....what a wonderful liberal utopia for everyone.

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Primo] #801306
09/07/14 03:09 PM
09/07/14 03:09 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Primo

The same thing which made New Yorkers vote for Anthony Weiner Chuck Schumer and Charlie Rangle

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Scorsese] #801308
09/07/14 03:12 PM
09/07/14 03:12 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
And lets not forget Hillary Clinton too BigBoy!

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Primo] #801310
09/07/14 03:17 PM
09/07/14 03:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Liberal political correctness run amok. He's married to a Black woman who "used to be" a lesbian. You can't make this shit up. And he pimped out his multiracial kids in tv spot after tv spot.

Oh, and his wife ain't no Halle Berry. She could scare the bark off a tree just by smiling at it.

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Scorsese] #801315
09/07/14 03:23 PM
09/07/14 03:23 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
As long as he doesnt go after the unions hes ok wit me!!!

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Dellacroce] #801317
09/07/14 03:29 PM
09/07/14 03:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

Of course he is. You live in Jersey lol.

That brings some local elections to mind, though. Do you have any idea how many Teamster delegates I saw over the years who officially endorsed a local Democrat, only to curse the guy after he walked off the dais, then mumbled there's no way I'm voting for that cocksucker lol.

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: pizzaboy] #801319
09/07/14 03:32 PM
09/07/14 03:32 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline
Capo
Primo  Offline
P
Capo
It's cold in the north

Liberal political correctness run amok. He's married to a Black woman who "used to be" a lesbian. You can't make this shit up. And he pimped out his multiracial kids in tv spot after tv spot.

Oh, and his wife ain't no Halle Berry. She could scare the bark off a tree just by smiling at it.

damn and here I was ignorantly thinking a politician should have some political merits to be elected to office ;p

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Scorsese] #801320
09/07/14 03:33 PM
09/07/14 03:33 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
So if he doesn't go after the unions you're OK with all his other shit?? From what I've heard he is actually hurting minorities with some of his ideas like the enriched learning schools. I don't remember what they called them, but they were a blessing to minorities

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Scorsese] #801322
09/07/14 03:37 PM
09/07/14 03:37 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
They are called Charter Schools, which are so much better than any public school.

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: pizzaboy] #801325
09/07/14 03:41 PM
09/07/14 03:41 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

Of course he is. You live in Jersey lol.

That brings some local elections to mind, though. Do you have any idea how many Teamster delegates I saw over the years who officially endorsed a local Democrat, only to curse the guy after he walked off the dais, then mumbled there's no way I'm voting for that cocksucker lol.

ya got me there grin

hahaha yes i know exactly what your talking about

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: bigboy] #801326
09/07/14 03:43 PM
09/07/14 03:43 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: bigboy
So if he doesn't go after the unions you're OK with all his other shit?? From what I've heard he is actually hurting minorities with some of his ideas like the enriched learning schools. I don't remember what they called them, but they were a blessing to minorities

don't get me wrong, theres a special place in hell for all politicians.

-Jordan Belfort
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Scorsese] #801328
09/07/14 03:55 PM
09/07/14 03:55 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
*COUGH*

Mafia website Gents.

Focus.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #801330
09/07/14 03:59 PM
09/07/14 03:59 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
*COUGH*

Mafia website Gents.

Focus.

and wer in a thread about street gangs so this one was off base to begin with...

-Jordan Belfort
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Dellacroce] #801332
09/07/14 04:03 PM
09/07/14 04:03 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline
Capo
Primo  Offline
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
*COUGH*

Mafia website Gents.

Focus.

and wer in a thread about street gangs so this one was off base to begin with...

well organized crime? I mean a gang is organized technically and they are criminals tongue

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Primo] #801334
09/07/14 04:09 PM
09/07/14 04:09 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
*COUGH*

Mafia website Gents.

Focus.

well organized crime? I mean a gang is organized technically and they are
criminals tongue

"got something to say concerning the (alleged) mafia"

semantics aside when people say organized crime they usually mean the mafia.

there are other forums out there to talk about streetgangs.

-Jordan Belfort
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Scorsese] #801355
09/07/14 06:08 PM
09/07/14 06:08 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
You guys destroyed this thread, show some respect and stick to the topic. Do anyone knows the hierarchy of the mac baller brims or who is the most powerful brim that's currently on the streets?

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Dwalin2011] #801357
09/07/14 06:13 PM
09/07/14 06:13 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
i would say the new pope for consigliere, drop pistone to captain lol

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Dellacroce] #801370
09/07/14 08:09 PM
09/07/14 08:09 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
"semantics aside when people say organized crime they usually mean the mafia."

True to some degree but it never have been "exclusively" LCN. In present times and back then that wasn't the case, just LCN is always in the media spotlight. That goes for any criminal group that media tends to focus on extra.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: BlackFamily] #801372
09/07/14 08:11 PM
09/07/14 08:11 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline
Capo
Primo  Offline
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
"semantics aside when people say organized crime they usually mean the mafia."

True to some degree but it never have been "exclusively" LCN. In present times and back then that wasn't the case, just LCN is always in the media spotlight. That goes for any criminal group that media tends to focus on extra.

Exactly how could anyone say a Mexican cartel is any less organized than the Columbo family for instance? Lol. I really think if a criminal group is organized it is an organized crime group. The Yakuza is the same. Sure this is a mafia website I agree. But still

Last edited by Primo; 09/07/14 08:11 PM.

Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: thebigfella] #801375
09/07/14 08:27 PM
09/07/14 08:27 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Since they originated as a U.B.N set, there structure is set up like the other sets:
Godfather - Founder(s)
First Superior
Second Superior
4 * General
3 *
2 *
1 *
Lieutenants
Soldiers

It may vary from set to set and locations but there all structured.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Primo] #801383
09/07/14 11:17 PM
09/07/14 11:17 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Exactly how could anyone say a Mexican cartel is any less organized than the Columbo family for instance? Lol. I really think if a criminal group is organized it is an organized crime group. The Yakuza is the same. Sure this is a mafia website I agree. But still

I think when people say organized crime, they don't just mean a well thought out criminal enterprise, but also a group whose members or associates include the law enforcement and political class.

When you delineate it that way, you can neatly list organized crime groups on one side, and street gangs on the other, country by country. For instance, if the criminal enterprises down in Mexico or Colombia are intertwined with their respective governments, then that is organized crime regardless to how the media has portrayed them.

These Mac Ballers, if they have important law enforcement backing and not just a few beat cops on the payroll (I doubt this), then they could be thought of as more than just a powerful street gang.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: NYC's most dangerous gang [Re: Dwalin2011] #801384
09/07/14 11:20 PM
09/07/14 11:20 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:

This list is hella mean. I like it. The one guy left off of there is Walter Mack! Guiliani is the Capo that came in after all the police work was done and then tried to take all the credit and proclaim himself Boss.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull