GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lou_Para), 198 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,967
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,348
Posts1,059,043
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: TonyG] #798413
08/26/14 12:39 PM
08/26/14 12:39 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
W
Walkner Offline
Button
Walkner  Offline
W
Button
Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted By: TonyG
Just my 2 cents, but I don't think Devecchio was ever dirty. Based upon what I have read, the facts include:

1. Linda Shiro Scarpa lied through her teeth. Her testimony in court was proven to be a fabrication based upon tape recordings she made with Capeci when a book deal was being considered. In my opinion, she should have been charged with perjury.

2. The allegations against Devecchio were raised by a zealous, insubordinate agent who was on the Columbo task team who reported to Devecchio. This guy was later relocated out of NYC and every senior agent that has publicly commented on the allegations, claim this guy was trouble.

3. Devecchio has been supported by every single one of his superiors in the NYC office at the time. Kollstrum and others have consistently stated publicly the claims were not substantiated. These are honest cops, and if there was a shred of truth, they would have gone after Devecchio with the same vigor they went after LCN.

4. There is evidence the Columbos actually came up with the strategy to discredit Devecchio. Several of the cases against Columbo guys fell apart or were not prosecuted because of the allegations.

Draw you on conclusions after you have done the research. For me, the facts were very compelling that Devecchio was clean.

Deal with the devil makes a pretty convincing argument he was dirty, or at the very least, completely incompetent. But he was just as much of a liar as shiro was, if not more so. Everything from lying in court about getting Scarpa off jam after jam, to special treatment and cash perks. There are too many things that don't add up, such as Jr getting out the day befor they came to bust him? Or Scarpa getting a hold of the individual in federal custody in Kansas. There is countless other examples. On top of it, he should be a felon for selling firearms illegally, and booted out of the FBI. But Rudy Giuliani saved his ass. Im not 100% sure he's guilty. But pretty sure, otherwise Greg scarpa was the luckiest guy in the history of the world, and got more coincidencial breaks than any guy in history.

At the very least, we know that Lin DeVecchio was a dishonest liar, and he was willing to break the law (he only got off on the gun charge because of friends in high places).

Last edited by Walkner; 08/26/14 12:41 PM.
Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: Serpiente] #798421
08/26/14 12:50 PM
08/26/14 12:50 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
There's no way I believe Devechhio's version that Persico ordered that young girl killed because she knew where he was hiding...How long would he stay in that same spot anyway ?? Why not just go to your next safe house instead of killing her...Does that make any sense ??

I believe the version that he was indicted for..Tipping off Scarpa that she might roll !!

Last edited by DiLorenzo; 08/26/14 12:51 PM.
Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: Serpiente] #798448
08/26/14 02:49 PM
08/26/14 02:49 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
What really gets me about DeVecchio is that on his 60 minutes interview he says he knew that it was Scarpa who had killed someone but yet Devecchio didn't do anything with that info. He didn't arrest him he didn't pass the information to the cops who were probably investigating the homicide day and night. He simply protected him and for what? So he could look good to his bosses, meanwhile the public is left with that homicidal killer Scarpa to wonder the streets. That's just wrong!

Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: Beanshooter] #798480
08/26/14 06:39 PM
08/26/14 06:39 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
What really gets me about DeVecchio is that on his 60 minutes interview he says he knew that it was Scarpa who had killed someone but yet Devecchio didn't do anything with that info. He didn't arrest him he didn't pass the information to the cops who were probably investigating the homicide day and night. He simply protected him and for what? So he could look good to his bosses, meanwhile the public is left with that homicidal killer Scarpa to wonder the streets. That's just wrong!

Well Bean to play devils advocate Joe Pistone knew Lefty had done alot of work (22 'under his belt'?). And yet he was his right hand man for 5 years.

Is there a difference?

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: Serpiente] #798589
08/27/14 10:39 AM
08/27/14 10:39 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I say there is there Sonny. Just because Left claimed 22 doesn't mean Pistone had intimate knowledge of any of those 22. He would have wasted his undercover by trying to tell the feds to investigate him on those murders. Even Pistone said they were supposed to report it if anyone's life was in immediate danger.

Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #798598
08/27/14 11:08 AM
08/27/14 11:08 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Well Bean to play devils advocate Joe Pistone knew Lefty had done alot of work (22 'under his belt'?). And yet he was his right hand man for 5 years.

Is there a difference?

Good question Sonny. When Lefty got arrested was he charged with any of the murders? I hope Pistone, was able to get some incriminating evidence on Lefty regarding the 22 supposedly murder victims.

Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: Beanshooter] #798601
08/27/14 11:11 AM
08/27/14 11:11 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Is there a difference?

Good question Sonny. When Lefty got arrested was he charged with any of the murders? I hope Pistone, was able to get some incriminating evidence on Lefty regarding the 22 supposedly murder victims.

It would have been different if Pistone actually witnessed a murder. Then they would have had to pull him from undercover right away. But a guy who was half-drunk most of the time bragging about 22 alleged murders? It's just hearsay. The Bureau knew what they were doing there.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: pizzaboy] #798608
08/27/14 11:30 AM
08/27/14 11:30 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
It would have been different if Pistone actually witnessed a murder. Then they would have had to pull him from undercover right away. But a guy who was half-drunk most of the time bragging about 22 alleged murders? It's just hearsay. The Bureau knew what they were doing there.

Exactly. Devecchio KNEW Scarpa committed the murder and hid the facts. Pistone just "heard" about Lefty, he was never around during a murder or he could have been charged being an agent or not.

Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: Serpiente] #798610
08/27/14 11:32 AM
08/27/14 11:32 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
My point exactly Dixiemafia! That's what DeVecchio says on the 60 minute interview.

Re: Lin Devecchio [Re: Serpiente] #798611
08/27/14 11:35 AM
08/27/14 11:35 AM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
The big thing is Pistone was undercover...

Lin was not,but he was acting like he wanted Scarpa to fight and win.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull