GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, 1 invisible), 313 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,665
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795156
08/10/14 03:02 PM
08/10/14 03:02 PM
HenryHauglad Offline OP
JoeyBananas
HenryHauglad  Offline OP
JoeyBananas
Button
Maybe russia will invade italy and more sicilians are forced to emigrate to the U.S. that would be something, let's send a letter to Putin and say that ukraine is worthless, there are more vodka and russians livin' in the Messina Islands.

The whole thing is how strong you are and how much power you got and how fucking mean you are—that's what makes you rise in the mob. Every day's a fucking struggle, because you don't know who's looking to knock you off, especially when you become a captain or boss. Every day, somebody's looking to dispose of you and take your position. You always got to be on your toes. Every fucking day is a scam day to keep your power and position."
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795157
08/10/14 03:05 PM
08/10/14 03:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: HenryHauglad
Maybe russia will invade italy and more sicilians are forced to emigrate to the U.S. that would be something, let's send a letter to Putin and say that ukraine is worthless, there are more vodka and russians livin' in the Messina Islands.

God forbid. Italy has enough problems. And even if that were to happen, the U.S. would still keep Western European immigration to a minimum.

Unfortunately, this country only welcomes you with open arms today if you're from the Middle East or the Caribbean Islands. And these are the very people who hate America the most.

Not politically correct, but it's true. Sad, but true.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: pizzaboy] #795159
08/10/14 03:54 PM
08/10/14 03:54 PM
HenryHauglad Offline OP
JoeyBananas
HenryHauglad  Offline OP
JoeyBananas
Button
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

God forbid. Italy has enough problems. And even if that were to happen, the U.S. would still keep Western European immigration to a minimum.

Unfortunately, this country only welcomes you with open arms today if you're from the Middle East or the Caribbean Islands. And these are the very people who hate America the most.

We need some banana boats man.

The whole thing is how strong you are and how much power you got and how fucking mean you are—that's what makes you rise in the mob. Every day's a fucking struggle, because you don't know who's looking to knock you off, especially when you become a captain or boss. Every day, somebody's looking to dispose of you and take your position. You always got to be on your toes. Every fucking day is a scam day to keep your power and position."
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: pizzaboy] #795173
08/10/14 06:22 PM
08/10/14 06:22 PM
D
DaPizzaGuy Offline
Associate
DaPizzaGuy  Offline
D
Associate

Unfortunately ths is true. This country only welcomes people from Latin countries with some spicy mamacitas like the Dominican.

Not politcally cool to say but true

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: mulberry] #795261
08/11/14 08:25 AM
08/11/14 08:25 AM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Originally Posted By: slumpy
It will always be around in some form.

What form? You can say there is still a mob in KC and LA, but they're not structured families. Just a bunch of hustlers and bookies with Italian last names. What made the mob different from other gangs was the family structure, political power, and infiltration of businesses and unions.

Just let me get my crystal ball and look into the future...

Seriously, though, I don't know. Perhaps as a more diverse organization, certainly it can't go on as purely an Italian-immigrant driven group. Perhaps some of the traditions and jargon continue on, like the making ceremony, etc.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795275
08/11/14 09:54 AM
08/11/14 09:54 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Hey PB, do you have a link for the college ethnicity numbers you mentioned? I'd be very interested if you do, sounds fascinating. thanks.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795280
08/11/14 11:11 AM
08/11/14 11:11 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Where do you get that? I've counted every rat (inducted)at least from what i read on wiki, and Mukermir's chart seemed accurate.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=634821#Post634821

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: pizzaboy] #795290
08/11/14 11:36 AM
08/11/14 11:36 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

americans are the only people that hate people for no reason

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795297
08/11/14 11:51 AM
08/11/14 11:51 AM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo

I don't think that's a can of worms that needs to be opened on this particular forum, to be honest Cook... So don't say I didn't warn ya ;P

Last edited by slumpy; 08/11/14 11:52 AM.
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: cookcounty] #795300
08/11/14 12:06 PM
08/11/14 12:06 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

That isn't true. Stop being such a Debbie Downer.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: cookcounty] #795307
08/11/14 12:59 PM
08/11/14 12:59 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

Jeezus Cook. Why do you do this to yourself.

Research European history cira 1933-1945.

For starters.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: domwoods74] #795311
08/11/14 01:42 PM
08/11/14 01:42 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
While u make some good points Lou , to say there over is very wide of the mark . There r still 11 viable families and the Genovese , gambino and lucchese families r stronger than ever

You've got to be joking, they're nowhere near what they were in the 80's, Are the Gambino's better off then they were 5 years ago? Sure..

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: pizzaboy] #795312
08/11/14 01:43 PM
08/11/14 01:43 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Can you really blame them?

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795547
08/12/14 04:38 PM
08/12/14 04:38 PM
Scotland
stevietro Offline
StevieBeef
stevietro  Offline
StevieBeef
Wiseguy
Scotland
I think its inevitable that LCN will die one day, probably in my lifetime. Perhaps the Five families may live on in some form or other but I doubt it. Not that i'm saying it will happen next year or twenty years from now. The Italian Mafia's are even facing a harsher climate these days than ever before but the Italian state has a long way to go in the fight against organized crime (that's when they bother fighting at all). That being said there are a core group of police, magistrate's etc dedicated to fighting organized crime which before the deaths of Falcone and Borsellino barely existed before.

Last edited by stevietro; 08/12/14 04:38 PM.
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: stevietro] #795550
08/12/14 04:49 PM
08/12/14 04:49 PM
The New Queens City
The_Chin Offline
Peg Leg Pete
The_Chin  Offline
Peg Leg Pete
Wiseguy
The New Queens City
Originally Posted By: stevietro
I think its inevitable that LCN will die one day, probably in my lifetime. Perhaps the Five families may live on in some form or other but I doubt it. Not that i'm saying it will happen next year or twenty years from now. The Italian Mafia's are even facing a harsher climate these days than ever before but the Italian state has a long way to go in the fight against organized crime (that's when they bother fighting at all). That being said there are a core group of police, magistrate's etc dedicated to fighting organized crime which before the deaths of Falcone and Borsellino barely existed before.

Sorry but that is bullshit.. I don't think the 5 families will disappear during our lifetime. When we're 90 years old, maybe the largest family will have 20-50 members or so, maybe they all joined one another.. who knows. But the LCN is alive and well and hasn't been hurt that much (except from Bonanno/Colombo) -- The FBI, the press etc. people want you to think the mob is just a weak gang full of nobodys, but fact is they still control major Unions and companies. Who's to say they don't own say ...coca cola? they might. We just don't know it yet. Maybe Obama and Heidi Klun are in bed with the mafia somehow? We might know in a few years. All I can guarantee you is that in 30 years into the future, somebody will be reading about the '2014 mob' and be absolutely amazed by their power--just like we reacted when we learned about their stretch into politics.

A dimple on the chin, the devil within.
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: The_Chin] #795551
08/12/14 04:50 PM
08/12/14 04:50 PM
The New Queens City
The_Chin Offline
Peg Leg Pete
The_Chin  Offline
Peg Leg Pete
Wiseguy
The New Queens City
Or maybe the mafia will be stronger then ever in a few years? It's unlikely but also unpredictable. They have more than enough school kids who dreams about becoming LCN-members.

A dimple on the chin, the devil within.
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: TommyGambino] #795553
08/12/14 04:56 PM
08/12/14 04:56 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Wow, Tommy. I'm kinda surprised at this comment. I'd expect it from some other posters, but not from you. When people challenge your knowledge based on your geography, I'm usually pretty quick to nip it in the bud. And I'm an American lol.

And I'm no jingoist. I'm forever calling out the American government on foreign policy. I'm just a little surprised. Coming from someone else it probably wouldn't have bothered me.

Anyway, back on topic . . . .

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: TommyGambino] #795593
08/12/14 10:00 PM
08/12/14 10:00 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss

So are you loving life under the swathe of radical Islamic social changes your countries experienced due to the mass immigration of middle eastern/African refugees the UK has experienced in the last 20 years?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xei9qq_richard-dawkins-visits-a-muslim-sch_news

Yeah thats RICHARD DAWKINS Tommy. The PRE-emminent biologist from Harvard.

Now, say that again, "Can you blame them".

Guess what Dawkins would say.

Yeah you fucking can.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: pizzaboy] #795618
08/13/14 03:52 AM
08/13/14 03:52 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Wow, Tommy. I'm kinda surprised at this comment. I'd expect it from some other posters, but not from you. When people challenge your knowledge based on your geography, I'm usually pretty quick to nip it in the bud. And I'm an American lol.

And I'm no jingoist. I'm forever calling out the American government on foreign policy. I'm just a little surprised. Coming from someone else it probably wouldn't have bothered me.

Anyway, back on topic . . . .

So Americans kill millions of people in the middle-east and you expect them not to be hated? That's just naive mate.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #795619
08/13/14 03:59 AM
08/13/14 03:59 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

So are you loving life under the swathe of radical Islamic social changes your countries experienced due to the mass immigration of middle eastern/African refugees the UK has experienced in the last 20 years?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xei9qq_richard-dawkins-visits-a-muslim-sch_news

Yeah thats RICHARD DAWKINS Tommy. The PRE-emminent biologist from Harvard.

Now, say that again, "Can you blame them".

Guess what Dawkins would say.

Yeah you fucking can.

I don't give a fuck what Dawkins says. They believe in Islam, so fucking what. The propaganda machine in the western world has convinced the retarded population that there evil, it's ridiculous.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795620
08/13/14 04:10 AM
08/13/14 04:10 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

Please don't say that my ex son in law is Ukrainian I hope he goes there to fight and die for his mother land.

only the unloved hate
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: TommyGambino] #795622
08/13/14 04:14 AM
08/13/14 04:14 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

So Americans kill millions of people in the middle-east and you expect them not to be hated? That's just naive mate. [/quote]

The good news is they also hate the English mate smile

only the unloved hate
Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: Footreads] #795626
08/13/14 05:40 AM
08/13/14 05:40 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads

So Americans kill millions of people in the middle-east and you expect them not to be hated? That's just naive mate.

The good news is they also hate the English mate smile [/quote]

True that lol

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: Footreads] #795639
08/13/14 06:58 AM
08/13/14 06:58 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

That's what I meant. God knows that Footreads and I don't often see eye to eye. But they hate the Brits as much as they hate Americans. And the way I took it, Tommy was singling out Americans.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: pizzaboy] #795662
08/13/14 09:15 AM
08/13/14 09:15 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

That's what I meant. God knows that Footreads and I don't often see eye to eye. But they hate the Brits as much as they hate Americans. And the way I took it, Tommy was singling out Americans.

Well my reply was to you mentioning Middle-easterners in America so what do you expect? Of course they hate the British, they hate the Western world.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795673
08/13/14 09:33 AM
08/13/14 09:33 AM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Then why are they coming to a country they hate? You can hate this country all you want, but stay in your country if you're going to do it.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: NickyEyes1] #795675
08/13/14 09:36 AM
08/13/14 09:36 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Then why are they coming to a country they hate? You can hate this country all you want, but stay in your country if you're going to do it.

Money.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: NickyEyes1] #795684
08/13/14 09:46 AM
08/13/14 09:46 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

It's where they can earn. Chasing the money in a country they hate certainly makes them hypocrites. But in all fairness, they're not the first, and they surely won't be the last.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795744
08/13/14 11:39 AM
08/13/14 11:39 AM
P
padrone Offline
Made Member
padrone  Offline
P
Made Member
I have to agree with PB. I work in an industry where I work with immigrants from all over the world on a daily basis. It is pure economics, that is the only reason that 90% of them come here. They make their money and send it home. They do not spend it here unless it is for necessities. Many of them are illegal and working on trying to get permanent residency and they view it as a right. "I didn't do anything wrong or hurt anyone by using a fake passport (or visa or entering without inspection) so why don't they give me the greencard"? And the funny thing is that if you engage them in conversation it always comes out that they are sending money home to Whatihambam so that they can retire and live in comfort in their own country later in life. I can't knock anybody for trying to have a better life, but if you do it, show respect to your adopted home. Many do not view it as an opportunity but more as a right. Now there are some (10%)who come here for freedom and opportunity and truly love their adopted home.

It is also true that our immigration system favors those from the third world (thank Kennedy and Johnson for that one) but there is still a SMALL amount of western Europeans who still come. They come because even though they may do well back home they realize that the system back home pigeon holes them into one place. They see the beauty of our system and embrace it.

Re: Is the mob really going under? [Re: TommyGambino] #795764
08/13/14 12:19 PM
08/13/14 12:19 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
I don't give a fuck what Dawkins says. They believe in Islam, so fucking what. The propaganda machine in the western world has convinced the retarded population that there evil, it's ridiculous.

Maybe introducing a bronze aged, tribal, third world, sexist, homophobic, intolerant, barbaric, religious belief system into society IS actually a little fucking evil Tommy?

But fuck dawkins eh. You're smarter than he is wink

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull