GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 200 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,949
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,345
Posts1,058,971
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What could the Sopranos have done better? #793155
07/31/14 08:07 AM
07/31/14 08:07 AM
HenryHauglad Offline OP
JoeyBananas
HenryHauglad  Offline OP
JoeyBananas
Button
I personally think they shouldn't whack Richie Aprile or Jackie Jr, let them be part of the main roles and show how close the Apriles and Sopranos are. And maybe instead of starting a war with New York, they had an internal war. Richie Aprile allied up with Patsy (still grudging about his brother)and they seeked out to kill Tony and Silvio (Richie would have been Underboss instead of Bobby Baccala) and New York of course sided with Richie due to Phill still holding a grudge about his brothers death, and ... Coco Cogliano, Fat Dom Gamiello etc.

Also Phil shouldn't die, Jersey would never have won a war against a NY family, especially not someone who is based on the Genoveses. Then eventually, of course Jackie would have been allied with Richie, but Tony made a deal with Jackie Jr. that if he killed his uncle, he would become a rising star which he did.

I'am also educating myself as an screenwriter and have already started writing screenplays for a new mob series based in Chicago.(along with a few other guys) Instead of focusing on the old timers, I will focus on the Younger generation. The associates of the Syndicate. What do you think?

The whole thing is how strong you are and how much power you got and how fucking mean you are—that's what makes you rise in the mob. Every day's a fucking struggle, because you don't know who's looking to knock you off, especially when you become a captain or boss. Every day, somebody's looking to dispose of you and take your position. You always got to be on your toes. Every fucking day is a scam day to keep your power and position."
Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: HenryHauglad] #793177
07/31/14 09:42 AM
07/31/14 09:42 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Apart from the ending, i wouldn't have changed a thing..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: HenryHauglad] #793336
07/31/14 06:24 PM
07/31/14 06:24 PM
Scottsdale
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt Offline
Underboss
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt  Offline
Underboss
Scottsdale
Hindsight is 20/20, but here's what I would have done differently:

Tony's Antagonists -- This is how I see Tony's primary nemesis by season:

Season 1 -- Junior Soprano
Season 2 -- Richie Aprile
Season 3 -- Ralphie Cifaretto
Season 4 -- Ralphie Cifaretto (at least the first half of the season)
Season 5 -- Tony Blundetto (not an enemy per se, but his actions jeopardized Tony)
Season 6 -- Phil Leotardo

Putting Junior in jail at the end of Season 1 really impacted any real effect for the remainder of the series -- he goes from being a wily older capo to sick old man over the course of Season 2. It underutilized a great actor in Dominic Chianese.

I think some very interesting plotlines would have been developed by a Junior/Richie pairing, or a Richie/Ralphie pairing or a Ralphie/Tony Blundetto pairing. Rather than a war with New York in Season 6, there could have been a factionalized struggle within the DiMeo family. It would have also given three plus seasons to develop key characters, rather than jam a bunch of Phil Leotardo's people in the last half of Season 6.

Vito's Subplot -- unnecessary and really killed the core of Season 6, Part 1. There's parts of the Vito character I find implausible -- he's a waddling construction contractor in Season 2, and by the end of Season 4, he's the superstar earner capo of the family? Without clipping anybody?

The Ending -- if that wasn't a middle finger to a good chunk of the fan base, I don't know what was. You're introducing new characters (Patsy Parisi's wife) in the last 10 minutes of the series, and then poof...no resolution.

Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt] #793401
08/01/14 05:14 AM
08/01/14 05:14 AM
HenryHauglad Offline OP
JoeyBananas
HenryHauglad  Offline OP
JoeyBananas
Button
Originally Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Vito's Subplot -- unnecessary and really killed the core of Season 6, Part 1. There's parts of the Vito character I find implausible -- he's a waddling construction contractor in Season 2, and by the end of Season 4, he's the superstar earner capo of the family? Without clipping anybody?

Totally agree. I don't know if anybody has noticed but in season 1 Vito was Gino in the bakery that Christpher Moltisanti shot that kids foot off.

The whole thing is how strong you are and how much power you got and how fucking mean you are—that's what makes you rise in the mob. Every day's a fucking struggle, because you don't know who's looking to knock you off, especially when you become a captain or boss. Every day, somebody's looking to dispose of you and take your position. You always got to be on your toes. Every fucking day is a scam day to keep your power and position."
Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: HenryHauglad] #793402
08/01/14 05:33 AM
08/01/14 05:33 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Henry here is the Scene Clip:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnZ1vn_UEN0

Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: Beanshooter] #793508
08/01/14 02:33 PM
08/01/14 02:33 PM
HenryHauglad Offline OP
JoeyBananas
HenryHauglad  Offline OP
JoeyBananas
Button
Yeah, how the f*ck did that happen? also, anybody thinks it's a little funny that Michael Imperioli shot a waiter in the foot considering Goodfellas, hehe.

Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: HenryHauglad] #793510
08/01/14 02:38 PM
08/01/14 02:38 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HenryHauglad
Yeah, how the f*ck did that happen? also, anybody thinks it's a little funny that Michael Imperioli shot a waiter in the foot considering Goodfellas, hehe.

Spider's revenge - lol!

Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: HenryHauglad] #793760
08/03/14 06:51 AM
08/03/14 06:51 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member
Still upset that Chase never completed the Russian story in Pine Barrens.

Uncle Charlie once said; "Don't get into pissing matches with skunks."
Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #793819
08/03/14 12:03 PM
08/03/14 12:03 PM
Tampa, FL
waynethegame Offline
Capo
waynethegame  Offline
Capo
Tampa, FL
Originally Posted By: Bugsyvegas1930

Yeah, it seems like a lot of things were either ignored or went too fast. I agree with the above that Richie, Jackie Jr. and even Ralph should have been around longer. I also think that Junior got relegated to the background too fast.

I almost think the show might have been better had Tony stayed as Underboss/Capo and not almost immediately have been the power behind the scenes.

Wayne

"Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
Don Lucchesi
Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt] #793822
08/03/14 12:12 PM
08/03/14 12:12 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt
Hindsight is 20/20, but here's what I would have done differently:

Tony's Antagonists -- This is how I see Tony's primary nemesis by season:

Season 1 -- Junior Soprano
Season 2 -- Richie Aprile
Season 3 -- Ralphie Cifaretto
Season 4 -- Ralphie Cifaretto (at least the first half of the season)
Season 5 -- Tony Blundetto (not an enemy per se, but his actions jeopardized Tony)
Season 6 -- Phil Leotardo

Putting Junior in jail at the end of Season 1 really impacted any real effect for the remainder of the series -- he goes from being a wily older capo to sick old man over the course of Season 2. It underutilized a great actor in Dominic Chianese.

I think some very interesting plotlines would have been developed by a Junior/Richie pairing, or a Richie/Ralphie pairing or a Ralphie/Tony Blundetto pairing. Rather than a war with New York in Season 6, there could have been a factionalized struggle within the DiMeo family. It would have also given three plus seasons to develop key characters, rather than jam a bunch of Phil Leotardo's people in the last half of Season 6.

The Ending -- if that wasn't a middle finger to a good chunk of the fan base, I don't know what was. You're introducing new characters (Patsy Parisi's wife) in the last 10 minutes of the series, and then poof...no resolution.

Vito killed Jackie Jr, but I do see what you're saying.

Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: HenryHauglad] #793828
08/03/14 12:27 PM
08/03/14 12:27 PM
Scottsdale
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt Offline
Underboss
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt  Offline
Underboss
Scottsdale
Oh yes, I see I forgot about Little Lord Fuckpants.

Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: waynethegame] #793840
08/03/14 01:39 PM
08/03/14 01:39 PM
BostonGuy17 Offline
Button
BostonGuy17  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: waynethegame
Originally Posted By: Bugsyvegas1930

Yeah, it seems like a lot of things were either ignored or went too fast. I agree with the above that Richie, Jackie Jr. and even Ralph should have been around longer. I also think that Junior got relegated to the background too fast.

I almost think the show might have been better had Tony stayed as Underboss/Capo and not almost immediately have been the power behind the scenes.

From what I've read, Chase did these kind of things on purpose. He wanted to show that in real life, not everything gets resolved or has closure, the finale was done that way for the same reason (in addition to having the option to make a movie)
Not trying to say I always liked it, but that's just why he did it.

Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: HenryHauglad] #793869
08/03/14 05:17 PM
08/03/14 05:17 PM
N
NinoBrown Offline
Wiseguy
NinoBrown  Offline
N
Wiseguy
I think Richie and Jackie were victims of their own ambition due to the rep Jackie Sr. had, therefore they felt like their were entitled to bigger and better things because:
A)Richie did 10 years in the joint
B)Jackie "My old was Jackie Aprile" Aprile Jr.

Richie and Jackie were both wildcards under Tony's regime, Richie was too old school and looked to undermine Tony at every turn while Jackie was too inexperienced and reckless to be a viable soldier or associate.

Much like in real life, murder, assassinations, accidents are all prevalent in the world of the Sopranos and we don't get closure as we would like.

Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: DE NIRO] #794866
08/08/14 04:12 PM
08/08/14 04:12 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Apart from the ending, i wouldn't have changed a thing..

So how would you like to have ended it? I'm just curious because after a while most people seem to agree that the ending was perfect for the show.

Last edited by Malandrino; 08/08/14 04:18 PM.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: What could the Sopranos have done better? [Re: HenryHauglad] #795000
08/09/14 12:54 PM
08/09/14 12:54 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Im not sure, just not a blank screen.. wink

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull