GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 298 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,813
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Tanglewood Boys #789490
07/16/14 05:17 AM
07/16/14 05:17 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/crimelaw/features/2527/index1.html

I'm two pages into this article about The Tanglewood Boys.

Steven Crea's son, Stevie, was in that gang. What happened to him?

“We were like every mall kid you ever saw in the nineties, only we got the sons of six gangsters in the Tanglewood parking lot almost every night,” Darin told me. “We got Anthony DiSimone and Freddy Boy Santorelli from the Lucchese family. Johnnie Boy Petrucelli is the son of a guy who got whacked for hiding a guy who killed a federal agent. Stevie Crea is the son of the Lucchese underboss. There is Craig DePalma, the son of a Gambino capo; Greg DePalma, who is with Junior Gotti. Pasquale Parrello is around, too. He’s the son of a Genovese soldier, Patsy Parrello. The kid got whacked after his father slapped Torrie Locascio, the son of Frank Locascio, the Gambino underboss guy who went away with John Gotti.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #789495
07/16/14 05:26 AM
07/16/14 05:26 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Well I knew Butchie Santorelli evidently he was that kids father. I mistakenly
thought the father ran them.

only the unloved hate
Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #789497
07/16/14 05:31 AM
07/16/14 05:31 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians

“At this stage in my life, I’m like 25, I don’t hang out in parks,” Darin said. “I had shorts on. We were drinking beer and bustin’ balls. I know this guy Gallo well. He’s a pussy. One of my guys beat the shit out of him once and got Gallo to say, ‘I’m a pussy.’ Which shows how much of a pussy the guy is.

lol

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #789500
07/16/14 05:37 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
“At this stage in my life, I’m like 25, I don’t hang out in parks,” Darin said. “I had shorts on. We were drinking beer and bustin’ balls. I know this guy Gallo well. He’s a pussy. One of my guys beat the shit out of him once and got Gallo to say, ‘I’m a pussy.’ Which shows how much of a pussy the guy is.

lol

Isn't he the one that ratted?

Sounds like he was the pussy.

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Footreads] #789501
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Stevie's son was never with those kids, Moe.

First of all, he's a lot younger than the rest of those guys. He was still a teenager when that article was written.

Secondly, the kid grew up in Pelham Manor, and the Tanglewood kids were in North East Yonkers. Not that they're that far apart, I'm just making a point. His association with those kids was peripheral at best, through their fathers.

Thirdly, the Mazzarellas sold the Feds and Mike McAlary a bill of goods that would make a used car salesman blush. The Feds knew things about Nick that should have given them pause. But because of McAlary and Jeanine Pirro, they would have given Hitler immunity at the time.

It's a poorly researched, sensationalist article. He has Patsy Parrello Jr. as a member, too. And that kid grew up in Bronxville and went to private school rolleyes .

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #789504
07/16/14 05:46 AM
07/16/14 05:46 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
PB, Mike McAlary was a Pulitzer prize writer for the Daily News. He covered the crime beat for many many years in New York. He exposed the Abner Louima torture case. I am sure he did his journalistic research on this.

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #789505
07/16/14 05:52 AM
07/16/14 05:52 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Years and years ago I guy gets murdered. It made all the papers all the stories in every newspaper said what a wonderful guy he was.

That is when I stopped reading what the press said about anybody and anything.

The guy was a scumbag

only the unloved hate
Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Beanshooter] #789507
07/16/14 06:06 AM
07/16/14 06:06 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
PB, Mike McAlary was a Pulitzer prize writer for the Daily News. He covered the crime beat for many many years in New York. He exposed the Abner Louima torture case. I am sure he did his journalistic research on this.

I'm fully aware of his credentials. Are you aware that he made up "One Eyed Jack" and it all came out after the fact? rolleyes

He was a talented guy, but this was shoddy reporting.

And just for the record, the Feds knew of at least one more murder that Nick Mazzarella took part in and never even mentioned it because Jeanine Pirro was having an orgasm at the idea of putting Anthony DeSimone away. That was prosecutorial misconduct to the nth degree. Fuck her and her television show. She's a Judge Judy wannabe whore.

And McAlary got this one wrong.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #789510
07/16/14 06:18 AM
07/16/14 06:18 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
PB, I couldn't find anything that "One Eyed Jack" was made up on the internet

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/letter-law-jack-style-article-

LETTER OF THE LAW - JACK-STYLE
BY MIKE MCALARY NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Monday, July 31, 1995, 12:00 AM A A A

JACK HAS become the talk of the newsroom and the passion of the underworld. Federal agents are desperate to find him before the mob does. There has never been a character like him in the crime business, an informant who writes letters to newspapers. He is a passionate young man, who seems to have a sense of right and wrong. The FBI is developing a personality profile. City detectives in the Bronx are doing the same thing. FBI agents call him Jack. He gave himself the name when he wrote his first letter to them two years ago. He quit the agents for the Daily News and began writing to me about 10 months ago. He has written a dozen letters now, filled with accurate information on a violent gang tied to the Genovese family. He needs a mob name. Jack is too simple, too ordinary. He types his letters. It is a painfully slow process. So in deference to his agonizing, painful typing skills, we call our agonizing insider One-Eyed Jack. The FBI believes he should sleep with one eye open. This can go one of two ways, everyone agrees. One-Eyed Jack can either turn himself in through the newspaper or die killed by the mob once he is found out. He handles assignments quite well. One-Eyed Jack has investigated a couple of murders for us, and even wound up inside the Jacob Javits crew. We are all wondering about motive. I have even asked One-Eyed Jack about that. Why does he hate the mob specifically a gang of Bronx and Yonkers thugs who call themselves the Tanglewood Boys? One-Eyed Jack typed out his answer in a letter three weeks ago. As for you question about my motive. I believe in killing or Beating our own. This means if a guy wants to be a wise guy, then be ready to die like a wise guy. Murder for me is simple. No remorse. When innocent people like Louis Balancio get killed, they cross the line. I did not know Louis but Know he did not deserve to die. people have been killed in other bars accidently. A fight breaks out and so does a gun. It is not right. We are deluged now with letters from the Bronx. Everyone wants to give information on the Tanglewood Boys. The attention is not good for the mob. The murder of Louis Balancio has been unsolved for more than a year now. One-Eyed Jack named Freddie Boy Santorelli, the son of a Bronx gangster, as the murderer and leader of the Tanglewood Boys, even before the federal and state investigators settled on him as their prime suspect. In the Bronx, the investigation of the murder of Paul Cicero, 17, is progressing. One-Eyed Jack has given us right-on information in both cases. He wants to assist in a federal racketeering case against the gang. Some theorize the gang robbed him. He is seeking revenge, they believe. Others think One-Eyed Jack is just trying to insure that the government treats him fairly when he turns himself in. They believe One-Eyed Jack is a killer, too. He has never used much emotion in his letters. So his new one, received on Monday, is a strange one. We have been through a dozen cases so far, and he goes back to the first one again, the unresolved killing of Louis Balancio in Yonkers. Last week the mothers of the dead kids Balancio and Cicero met in the Bronx. They cried together. Against that backdrop, One-Eyed Jack writes: Please forward this portion of the letter to the Balancio family. Dear Jeff & Dorothy, My heart goes out to you and your entire family. I could have Freddie Santorelli locked up tomorrow for the murder of you son. A jury would never give him a guilty charge of murder. At best, he would get manslaughter and be out in five years. . . . I have discussed this with an attorney and he agrees. This is why I will get him (Freddie) and his entire crew on federal racketeering charges. This will put him away for the rest of his life as he knows it. Freddie is the murderer of your son. Fact. As hard as it may seem, forget about prosecuting him on that. Let's put him away for life. Freddie Santorelli, the son of a Luchese soldier, has always been the target in the Balancio killing. Last month, when his buddy Darin Mazzarelli was shot 14 times, he went on the lam. He is now staying in Puerto Rico, the FBI knows, with his girlfriend, Tracy Copisotto. She is his alibi, investigators believe, for the night of the murder. She will say she was in a hotel with him. But that story has huge holes in it, they say. In the meantime, we have the plight of One-Eyed Jack to consider. We all have our theories about who he is and what he wants. He has become an obsession. And then he sits down in front of the typewriter again and begins pounding. It is not easy. He can't type. He can't spell. But his information is always right on. Maybe he is a killer. Maybe he is as bad as the guys he's writing about.

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #789855
07/17/14 11:05 AM
07/17/14 11:05 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
Talk about a recurring story line DA's office lets anything go to prosecute a case to gran headlines. Let that scumbag say what ever he wanted just to put Anthony away not that he didn't deserve it but he was only number one priority because his Dad was a wiseguy who pulled and still pulls alot of weight.

and like PB said Stevie JR never part pf them all he was doing was hanging out with some of the older guys from the neighborhood, and he was never as out of control as most of them

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #797985
08/24/14 11:46 AM
08/24/14 11:46 AM
J
JR19 Offline
Wiseguy
JR19  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Hey guys, longtime lurker but new to posting. PB, can you clarify what you mean about McAlary making upOne Eyed Jack? It seems like a lot of the reporting on the Tanglewood Boys was sensationalized (especially them being referred to as Lucchese farm team, given that as far as I can tell only two members "graduated"), but wouldn't Jack being made up invalidate at least some of the convictions? I remember reading a quote from an LE officer in some article boasting that Jack was the real deal who played a big part in eliminating the gang.

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: JR19] #797988
08/24/14 12:09 PM
08/24/14 12:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: JR19
but wouldn't Jack being made up invalidate at least some of the convictions?

No, it wouldn't invalidate any of the convictions. McAlary didn't work for the DA (although he liked to believe that he did). Plus, even if McAlary was in law enforcement (and again, he wasn't), cops are allowed to use deception with suspects every day. It's perfectly legal for a cop to tell a detainee that so and so "is in the next room spilling his guts," or "we have you on tape," even if it's an out and out lie. That's why it's so imperative to keep your mouth shut and wait for a lawyer in a situation like that.

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: pizzaboy] #797993
08/24/14 12:23 PM
08/24/14 12:23 PM
J
JR19 Offline
Wiseguy
JR19  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Got it. So do you think it's more likely the information he supposedly fed McAlary and the DA came from a run of the mill cooperator, or just made up entirely? And agreed on something about McAlary just not sitting right. Always sad when a guy that young dies, but his later writings (not to mention those birthday parties with Klores) made it seem like he bought into the hype that he was god's gift to journalism.

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #798052
08/24/14 04:56 PM
08/24/14 04:56 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
If jack was made up how was mclarey gettting his information from because mcalery had some really good info

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #798096
08/24/14 08:19 PM
08/24/14 08:19 PM
V
Vitto Offline
Wiseguy
Vitto  Offline
V
Wiseguy
Craig depalma was jack... He was secretly ratting right up till he was found out when they secretly took him out of jail to testify but then it leaked out and then he hung himself when it came out... He was jack!!!

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Vitto] #798186
08/25/14 03:20 PM
08/25/14 03:20 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: Vitto
Craig depalma was jack... He was secretly ratting right up till he was found out when they secretly took him out of jail to testify but then it leaked out and then he hung himself when it came out... He was jack!!!

If thats true why was he telling mcalery this info aswell as the cops

Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: pizzaboy] #798283
08/26/14 04:02 AM
08/26/14 04:02 AM
New York
PetroPirelli Offline
Underboss
PetroPirelli  Offline
Underboss
New York
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
It's perfectly legal for a cop to tell a detainee that so and so "is in the next room spilling his guts," or "we have you on tape," even if it's an out and out lie. That's why it's so imperative to keep your mouth shut and wait for a lawyer in a situation like that.

Very true and agreed about keeping your mouth shut and waiting for a lawyer. The quicker people start learning this, the better off they will be. I learned this at a young age smile.

Last edited by PetroPirelli; 08/26/14 04:03 AM.
Re: The Tanglewood Boys [Re: Vitto] #798399
08/26/14 11:49 AM
08/26/14 11:49 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Vitto

best to leave it alone

Last edited by cheech; 08/26/14 11:49 AM.

When Interpol?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull