GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, joepuzzles234, 1 invisible), 275 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,442
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster #789382
07/15/14 04:33 PM
07/15/14 04:33 PM
BostonGuy17 Offline OP
Button
BostonGuy17  Offline OP
Button
Hey guys, I am reading the Rogue Mobster book and it is very good..interesting to learn about how things really went down on the streets, I am familiar with some of the people mentioned from Medford so I know its not all B.S., but does anyone know who this Silverman guy really is??? never heard of him before this book.

Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: BostonGuy17] #789385
07/15/14 04:38 PM
07/15/14 04:38 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
I have this book, but haven't yet read it. I was told he overblows Paul DeCologero's role in the "rebellion"?

By the way, shouldn't it be spelled DeCalogero? Calogero is a southern Italian name, while "Cologero" doesn't exist, as far as I know.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: BostonGuy17] #789399
07/15/14 05:10 PM
07/15/14 05:10 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Read the book maybe he wrote as part fiction says sonny boy rizzo made him that guy wouldnt make a guy named silverman he.was probaly made 70 80. Yrs ago. Plus rizzo.wasnt boss or under in 90tys mayne some truths but alot of fiction. There was a buzz going around frank salemmi wanted to write his own autobio but the old guys in the northend askednor told him no that would be the only truths about the 90tys war. But at the same time frank already loed to the fbi about 1 murder he got some perjury time maybe he had to shut up. John conelly nshould be home soon cashing in on bulger johnny depp movie money more lawsuits for all invovled.

Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: BostonGuy17] #789493
07/16/14 05:23 AM
07/16/14 05:23 AM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
I would say Silverman is about %80 full of shit. He was a Medford wannabe drug dealer so the parts of his story about hanging out with Anthony Barry and the rest of those scum bags is probably correct or pretty close but those guys were not LCN. They were just psycho, murdering drug pushers. This is a FACT! Those guys were known to the local mob but that's it. Otherwise, just about every bit of LCN stuff he touched on was fabricated bullshit. pmac is also spot on. The guys he mentions in his book are as old school as old school gets. Guys like Sonny Boy and Spucky. He says he blew off a meeting with Spucky at the Oyster House? Bullshit! #1, Spucky would never meet someone there and #2, you don't blow off a guy like Spucky and live to right a book about it. As far as Sonny Boy, him and Q Ball were the power in Revere around that time but they weren't making people. That was Frank Seleme's job. Plus, there is no way those guys would make a kid with a Jewish last name.

Plain and simple, his book is about a kid who sold some drugs in Medford and MAYBE rubbed elbows with a few connected guys. From there, he fabricated the rest. Anyone who was around back then will agree with everything I posted. The reason he is able to get away with it is because it was a small circle of idiots and no one gives a shit to prove him wrong.

Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: Little_Frankie] #789519
07/16/14 07:18 AM
07/16/14 07:18 AM
I
IKnowNothing Offline
TROLL
IKnowNothing  Offline
TROLL
I
Wiseguy
You need to qualify this unfortunate statement you made with a disclaimer saying something like your statement is just the opinion of one man and that you really have no idea what you are talking about and that this opinion is in no way related to facts or truth. Read at your own peril.

Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: Dwalin2011] #789523
07/16/14 07:31 AM
07/16/14 07:31 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
I have this book, but haven't yet read it. I was told he overblows Paul DeCologero's role in the "rebellion"?

By the way, shouldn't it be spelled DeCalogero? Calogero is a southern Italian name, while "Cologero" doesn't exist, as far as I know.

Funny little tidbit.. If you broke down the last names you're comparing in greek, calogero would be 'good old man' and Cologero would mean old man butt.

Make that coffee to go
Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: Little_Frankie] #789544
07/16/14 08:11 AM
07/16/14 08:11 AM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
I would say Silverman is about %80 full of shit. He was a Medford wannabe drug dealer so the parts of his story about hanging out with Anthony Barry and the rest of those scum bags is probably correct or pretty close but those guys were not LCN. They were just psycho, murdering drug pushers. This is a FACT! Those guys were known to the local mob but that's it. Otherwise, just about every bit of LCN stuff he touched on was fabricated bullshit. pmac is also spot on. The guys he mentions in his book are as old school as old school gets. Guys like Sonny Boy and Spucky. He says he blew off a meeting with Spucky at the Oyster House? Bullshit! #1, Spucky would never meet someone there and #2, you don't blow off a guy like Spucky and live to right a book about it. As far as Sonny Boy, him and Q Ball were the power in Revere around that time but they weren't making people. That was Frank Seleme's job. Plus, there is no way those guys would make a kid with a Jewish last name.

Plain and simple, his book is about a kid who sold some drugs in Medford and MAYBE rubbed elbows with a few connected guys. From there, he fabricated the rest. Anyone who was around back then will agree with everything I posted. The reason he is able to get away with it is because it was a small circle of idiots and no one gives a shit to prove him wrong.

I'm pretty sure that there is more truth in this statement than there is in Silverman's entire book.

Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: IKnowNothing] #789556
07/16/14 08:47 AM
07/16/14 08:47 AM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Originally Posted By: IKnowNothing
You need to qualify this unfortunate statement you made with a disclaimer saying something like your statement is just the opinion of one man and that you really have no idea what you are talking about and that this opinion is in no way related to facts or truth. Read at your own peril.

You have a total of 3 posts on this board and all 3 of them are telling people their opinions are way off base (see the one above and 2 below) but you don't offer any additional info. I'm happy to discuss/debate it with you but please bring something to the table other than what you have in your first 3 posts.

Yinz all think highly of your own opinions huh? Just my OPINION.

WOW! What a ridiculous thing to say!! HAHA!

Last edited by Little_Frankie; 07/16/14 08:52 AM.
Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: BostonGuy17] #789574
07/16/14 09:58 AM
07/16/14 09:58 AM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
And here are a few things to consider that prove (or at least should make you question) he is full of shit:

-He refers to Spucky as Anthony Spangnola. His name is Spagnolo with an O, not an A. Everyone knows this
-He says that Spucky was warring with Frddie Simone in 05. Impossible. Freddie was back in jail by 03
-He says that Spucky was a captain when he got out of prison which would have been 99 I believe. He made captain in 07.
-He claims to have gone head to head with Anthony Barry and AB backed off out of fear and respect. AB was the lowest of the low and will die in prison where he belongs but one thing he never did was fear or respect anyone. If Mark went "head to head" with AB, he'd be dead like the handful of others who did. For fucks sake, AB and his buddy killed a kid outside a bar because he looked at them wrong.
-He claims he left the life after being made, worked at the airport then jumped back in without missing a beat. Preposterous!

And last but not least, let's not gloss over the fact that he says the feds were all over him and "renting space in his head" in 05 about his illegal activity. In his book, he admits to everything they were accusing him of but he's never been charged? You know why? Because it's all bullshit! Do you think if the book was true, the feds would have let him off the hook?

I can go on all day about the bullshit this clown spewed. How many more examples do you want? Those were just the ones that were fresh in my head. If I read the book again I'm sure I could come up with a dozen more that I forgot about.

Last edited by Little_Frankie; 07/16/14 10:02 AM.
Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: BostonGuy17] #789576
07/16/14 10:06 AM
07/16/14 10:06 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Little_Frankie, could you please check your PM box? Sorry for the off-topic.

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: Little_Frankie] #789697
07/16/14 05:00 PM
07/16/14 05:00 PM
S
ScottD Offline
Made Member
ScottD  Offline
S
Made Member
And here are a few things to consider that prove (or at least should make you question) he is full of shit:

-He refers to Spucky as Anthony Spangnola. His name is Spagnolo with an O, not an A. Everyone knows this
-He says that Spucky was warring with Frddie Simone in 05. Impossible. Freddie was back in jail by 03
-He says that Spucky was a captain when he got out of prison which would have been 99 I believe. He made captain in 07.
-He claims to have gone head to head with Anthony Barry and AB backed off out of fear and respect. AB was the lowest of the low and will die in prison where he belongs but one thing he never did was fear or respect anyone. If Mark went "head to head" with AB, he'd be dead like the handful of others who did. For fucks sake, AB and his buddy killed a kid outside a bar because he looked at them wrong.
-He claims he left the life after being made, worked at the airport then jumped back in without missing a beat. Preposterous!

And last but not least, let's not gloss over the fact that he says the feds were all over him and "renting space in his head" in 05 about his illegal activity. In his book, he admits to everything they were accusing him of but he's never been charged? You know why? Because it's all bullshit! Do you think if the book was true, the feds would have let him off the hook?

I can go on all day about the bullshit this clown spewed. How many more examples do you want? Those were just the ones that were fresh in my head. If I read the book again I'm sure I could come up with a dozen more that I forgot about.

The Spagnolo was a typo and a few of the other minor quibbles were probably as much my translation of his story.

I verified much of what he said. Other stuff was his recollection of events- conversations, one on one meetings with people, etc.

If you want to ask him about anything, he still lives in Medford and makes appearances. He spoke at an event in Boston two weeks back- speaking on the Justice Dept and Mafia in New England.

Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: Dwalin2011] #789698
07/16/14 05:02 PM
07/16/14 05:02 PM
S
ScottD Offline
Made Member
ScottD  Offline
S
Made Member

DeCologero is his name

http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/boston092906.html

Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: ScottD] #789701
07/16/14 05:12 PM
07/16/14 05:12 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ScottD

DeCologero is his name

http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/boston092906.html

Yes, I meant that the original surname was probably DeCalogero, but it must have been misspelled and transmitted to next generations. It's like with Rocco Infelise who originally was spelled Infelice.

Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: BostonGuy17] #789704
07/16/14 05:25 PM
07/16/14 05:25 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Is it that out of the realm of possibility if his mother was italian? There have been guys made with last names like porter, veasey, campos and phillips with italian mothers. If silverman's mother was ital, why not?

Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: ScottD] #789803
07/17/14 07:14 AM
07/17/14 07:14 AM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo

The Spagnolo was a typo and a few of the other minor quibbles were probably as much my translation of his story.

I verified much of what he said. Other stuff was his recollection of events- conversations, one on one meetings with people, etc.

If you want to ask him about anything, he still lives in Medford and makes appearances. He spoke at an event in Boston two weeks back- speaking on the Justice Dept and Mafia in New England.

Scott, please don't take offense to what I said. It has nothing to do with your writing or work as an author. My comments were directed solely at the person you wrote about. You did a fine job putting his words to paper. Unfortunately, the majority of those words were exaggerated (and even that is putting it mildly. It's more like fabricated). As far as talking to him face to face, I have no desire. I was around back then. I know exactly who those kids were and I know the people he mentions even better so I stand by my first post.

However, if you do speak to him ask him why the feds never arrested him after he penned what basically amounted to a 298 page confession. Then ask him why some of the old school mobsters he claims to have met with or better yet, "blown off" have no idea who he is. If you don't believe me, I can tell you were to find them and you can go ask them yourself. They hang out in the same places they did 10 years ago. I'll give you a hint where that is.....it's NOT the Purple Shamrock.

Last edited by Little_Frankie; 07/17/14 07:15 AM.
Re: Mark Silverman/Rogue Mobster [Re: Little_Frankie] #790713
07/21/14 10:40 AM
07/21/14 10:40 AM
S
ScottD Offline
Made Member
ScottD  Offline
S
Made Member

Scott, please don't take offense to what I said. It has nothing to do with your writing or work as an author. My comments were directed solely at the person you wrote about. You did a fine job putting his words to paper. Unfortunately, the majority of those words were exaggerated (and even that is putting it mildly. It's more like fabricated). As far as talking to him face to face, I have no desire. I was around back then. I know exactly who those kids were and I know the people he mentions even better so I stand by my first post.

However, if you do speak to him ask him why the feds never arrested him after he penned what basically amounted to a 298 page confession. Then ask him why some of the old school mobsters he claims to have met with or better yet, "blown off" have no idea who he is. If you don't believe me, I can tell you were to find them and you can go ask them yourself. They hang out in the same places they did 10 years ago. I'll give you a hint where that is.....it's NOT the Purple Shamrock.

I'll forward this to him.

Funny mention of the Shamrock. I was in town for a conference and had drinks with Mark there in Sept 2012, the week they closed down.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull