GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 245 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,889
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,649
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Greenpoint Crew #787448
07/05/14 11:56 PM
07/05/14 11:56 PM
S
Skygee Offline OP
Wiseguy
Skygee  Offline OP
S
Wiseguy
I'm on a Polish Organized Crime binge right now, anyone have any information on them? Crimes, Important People Today, Modern Crimes, Numbers, Activities, etc.

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787458
07/06/14 02:18 AM
07/06/14 02:18 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
not to much about them ever since that bust back in 2006, and just like most things in Brooklyn that neighborhood is starting to gentrify. Im sure theres still Polish criminals but i doubt they're a serious organized crime element.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nye/pr/2006/2006mar8.html

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787465
07/06/14 04:29 AM
07/06/14 04:29 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
No shit I did not know any.

Green point has a Giglio feast it starts nevt week sometime. I went their once never went back their again. I found the Polish that lived in Bayridge years ago to be very hard working people.

only the unloved hate
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Dellacroce] #787548
07/06/14 12:39 PM
07/06/14 12:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
and just like most things in Brooklyn that neighborhood is starting to gentrify.

True. Greenpoint is going the way of Williamsburg. I know a developer who just bought up a whole bunch of commercial property over by Van Dam, near Calvary. You watch, all of those old warehouses are going to become "trendy lofts." rolleyes

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: pizzaboy] #787549
07/06/14 12:47 PM
07/06/14 12:47 PM
Miami, Fla via Englewood Cliff...
Longshoreman Offline
Button
Longshoreman  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
and just like most things in Brooklyn that neighborhood is starting to gentrify.

True. Greenpoint is going the way of Williamsburg. I know a developer who just bought up a whole bunch of commercial property over by Van Dam, near Calvary. You watch, all of those old warehouses are going to become "trendy lofts." rolleyes

His is that area these days?

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Longshoreman] #787550
07/06/14 12:53 PM
07/06/14 12:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It's still mostly commercial, but the developers are starting to see dollar signs with the hipster overflow. They won't knock those buildings down, though. Too much work, and it's not really necessary anyway. They'll just bribe the real estate lobby to rezone the properties, and they'll convert them into lofts. It's already happening.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: pizzaboy] #787551
07/06/14 12:56 PM
07/06/14 12:56 PM
Longshoreman Offline
Button
Longshoreman  Offline
Button
It's still mostly commercial, but the developers are starting to see dollar signs with the hipster overflow. They won't knock those buildings down, though. Too much work, and it's not really necessary anyway. They'll just bribe the real estate lobby to rezone the properties, and they'll convert them into lofts. It's already happening.

Scary stuff, I wouldn't even recognize most areas of my own city anymore. Most will never have that euphoria of driving down your street and actually knowing and appreciating thier neighbor.

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: pizzaboy] #787697
07/07/14 11:45 AM
07/07/14 11:45 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss

happening everywhere...downtown new haven in the 80s was a shit hole...no one went down there...now 5 star eateries, starbucks, froyo...all the old warehouses like the Smoothie building are lofts. same with the old Starter building.

rememeber the old Starter jackets and what not?...we used to go there after school and try stuff on and run out...little knuckleheads...anyway they left too along with every other industry...if it wasnt for yale, new haven would be detroit. when Winchester guns left it was the beginning of the end.

that was my footread story minus my father being hung wink

When Interpol?
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: pizzaboy] #787698
07/07/14 11:50 AM
07/07/14 11:50 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss

I have a friend of mine from college who lives in Harlem and could be considered a hipster. However, she is also highly involved in local preservation projects and is part of what seems to be a growing clique of young people concerned with preserving historic areas of the city, rather than demolishing them and building something else.

She also got evicted from her apartment a few months ago because the place didn't have a fire escape! In the 21st century! A few thousand dollars worth of fines for the landlord later and the place now has their fire escapes.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Snakes] #787704
07/07/14 12:47 PM
07/07/14 12:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Snakes

I have a friend of mine from college who lives in Harlem and could be considered a hipster. However, she is also highly involved in local preservation projects and is part of what seems to be a growing clique of young people concerned with preserving historic areas of the city, rather than demolishing them and building something else.

No offense, Snakes. Because you know I think you're a good kid and a very valuable researcher on this board. But that's just the kind of carpetbagger that they REALLY fucking hate in neighborhoods like Harlem.

They come here from wherever (North Carolina in her case?), they overpay for new lofts or condos, and then after the fact they say they're "all about the history." Bullshit.

If you're all about the city, then you should stay in Bumblefuck and not put poor Black families in the street who have lived there for three, sometimes even five generations.

At least tell the truth about it. You're a hipster or a Yuppie or whatever. You want to get out of Bismarck, North Dakota or some similar place. And you don't really care if you displace multi-generational families in Harlem or Williamsburg or the West Village. You got yours, let them get theirs.

But don't tell people who've lived here all their lives that you care about the history or your enamored with the culture. Because that's a crock of shit. You want to be here because it's cool to be here. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining wink.

And again, Snakes. You're one of my favorite posters, and the "you" that I'm referring to is a blanket statement. I don't mean you or your friend personally (well, maybe her lol ).

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787708
07/07/14 01:03 PM
07/07/14 01:03 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
This is going on everywhere. Some of these old buildings , when renovated make great restaurants Etc. and to me, that's a big improvement. It doesn't always mean kicking a minority out of their housing. Some of these places- formerly messed up with litter and so forth are now nicely landscaped and cleaned up.

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: bigboy] #787712
07/07/14 01:09 PM
07/07/14 01:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: bigboy
This is going on everywhere. Some of these old buildings , when renovated make great restaurants Etc. and to me, that's a big improvement. It doesn't always mean kicking a minority out of their housing. Some of these places- formerly messed up with litter and so forth are now nicely landscaped and cleaned up.

And you're from upstate New York. Right?

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787716
07/07/14 01:16 PM
07/07/14 01:16 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
She's actually from Buffalo, but went to high school/college in NC before moving back to NY state, so she's at least from the area.

I don't live there so I don't know the whole story behind the "hipster takeover" but I've always felt that she was pretty genuine in her actions. Maybe what you mentioned are things that these people don't realize they are doing when they are moving into these areas. On the flip side, I knew several people that are the exploitative type of hipster, the ones who fight the battles for the blacks and the gays (when they don't want to start a battle to begin with) and ultimately do more harm than good because they want to be "progressive".

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Snakes] #787717
07/07/14 01:19 PM
07/07/14 01:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Snakes
She's actually from Buffalo, but went to high school/college in NC before moving back to NY state, so she's at least from the area.

I don't live there so I don't know the whole story behind the "hipster takeover" but I've always felt that she was pretty genuine in her actions. Maybe what you mentioned are things that these people don't realize they are doing when they are moving into these areas. On the flip side, I knew several people that are the exploitative type of hipster, the ones who fight the battles for the blacks and the gays (when they don't want to start a battle to begin with) and ultimately do more harm than good because they want to be "progressive".

Yeah, the word "progressive" never fails to make me laugh lol.

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787718
07/07/14 01:20 PM
07/07/14 01:20 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
This is where she works:

http://hdc.org/

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: cheech] #787727
07/07/14 01:49 PM
07/07/14 01:49 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cheech

happening everywhere...downtown new haven in the 80s was a shit hole...no one went down there...now 5 star eateries, starbucks, froyo...all the old warehouses like the Smoothie building are lofts. same with the old Starter building.

rememeber the old Starter jackets and what not?...we used to go there after school and try stuff on and run out...little knuckleheads...anyway they left too along with every other industry...if it wasnt for yale, new haven would be detroit. when Winchester guns left it was the beginning of the end.

that was my footread story minus my father being hung wink

Didn't they have WWF wrestling in New Haven. Kids do that now all the time even here at Kings Plaza.

Stealing is fun don't you think.

Once me and my wife saw the opening performance of Chorus Line.

We were on the third row 2 seats from the aisle. No one in those two seats. Then lights go out. Then two people fill those seats a women and a man.

Then I notice it was Jerry Lewis and his first wife. Then I notice the diamond ring on her finger. It's one of those million dollar Tiffany diamonds. I could not take my eyes off it. I'm thinking rip it off her finger and run out. I started to seriously consider it.

But that would mean I would have to leave the wife there. Then I think if I had never met her I would have found someone else just as good. Then I think I should pass on the idea.

At enter mission I told Lewis I just to see him perform live in the movie house just before the movie came on and I though he was fantastic for those ten minutes. Then I told him I used to see him in the copa. That I would stay to see both performances back then.

I did not tell him I came close to trying to rob his wife's Damond ring.

If your going to steal it is better to steal big.

only the unloved hate
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787731
07/07/14 02:16 PM
07/07/14 02:16 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
WWF is in Stamford foot

When Interpol?
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787733
07/07/14 02:19 PM
07/07/14 02:19 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
I think WWF used to run regular shows out of New Haven.

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787750
07/07/14 02:58 PM
07/07/14 02:58 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
".

Last edited by cheech; 07/07/14 03:00 PM.

When Interpol?
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787751
07/07/14 02:59 PM
07/07/14 02:59 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
"........

Last edited by cheech; 07/07/14 03:00 PM.

When Interpol?
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Skygee] #787772
07/07/14 03:46 PM
07/07/14 03:46 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Remember I told you I remember things from years ago better then now.

The wwf did shows out of new haven with vince McMahans father.Stamford is the rich area right. Mrs, McMahon Vinces wife ran for senator in conn right and lost not that long ago.

only the unloved hate
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Footreads] #787774
07/07/14 03:53 PM
07/07/14 03:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Footreads
The wwf did shows out of new haven with vince McMahans father.Stamford is the rich area right.

It depends. Suburban Stamford is gorgeous. Urban Stamford is a shit hole. The only difference between West Main Street in Stamford and Downtown Bridgeport is about thirty miles wink.

Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: pizzaboy] #787781
07/07/14 04:04 PM
07/07/14 04:04 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Footreads
The wwf did shows out of new haven with vince McMahans father.Stamford is the rich area right.

It depends. Suburban Stamford is gorgeous. Urban Stamford is a shit hole. The only difference between West Main Street in Stamford and Downtown Bridgeport is about thirty miles wink.

the vast majority of fairfield county is a really nice place to live, I'm gonna buy a house up there one day.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: The Greenpoint Crew [Re: Dellacroce] #787783
07/07/14 04:08 PM
07/07/14 04:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
the vast majority of fairfield county is a really nice place to live, I'm gonna buy a house up there one day.

Of course it is. He specifically asked about Stamford, though. And half of Stamford is no better than downtown Newark.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull