GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 266 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,927
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,845
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Missing Mobsters/Gangsters before the digital age #786278
06/27/14 12:10 PM
06/27/14 12:10 PM
A treehouse w hamburgers
Hamilton Offline OP
Made Member
Hamilton  Offline OP
Made Member
A treehouse w hamburgers
Anyone have any good links/stories/etc of people who were wanted for crimes and authorities believe they're still alive?

I heard on the radio earlier they arrested some guy who had been using the SS#'s of two dead 5 year old boys from the 1940's after committing some serious crime(s) in the 70's.

They caught him at the DMV because the facial recognition software linked the two names together raising a read flag. I'll see if I can find a link for this guy was hiding in plain sight for over 40 years!!!

Last edited by Hamilton; 06/27/14 12:10 PM.

"Asking us questions...harass and arrest us ..saying we eat pieces of shiet like u for breakfast ...Huh ya'll eat pieces of shiet..? whats the basis we ain't going no where.. we got suits n cases.. trunk full of coke rental car from avis only now clemente can save us,, I told said solly I acted da fool I'll be gone till November I got bodies too move....
I put pebbles on my hood like Danny Greene here comes the crab n his queen yes barbara actin da fool mess with a pyscho u kno its time to move.

Re: Missing Mobsters/Gangsters before the digital age [Re: Hamilton] #786280
06/27/14 12:27 PM
06/27/14 12:27 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Hamilton
Anyone have any good links/stories/etc of people who were wanted for crimes and authorities believe they're still alive?

I heard on the radio earlier they arrested some guy who had been using the SS#'s of two dead 5 year old boys from the 1940's after committing some serious crime(s) in the 70's.

They caught him at the DMV because the facial recognition software linked the two names together raising a read flag. I'll see if I can find a link for this guy was hiding in plain sight for over 40 years!!!
Here in Western PA,we had a guy named Donald Webb who was on the FBI most wanted list for the 1980 killing of a local police chief. He was never caught,and was finally taken off the list a few years ago. If I'm not mistaken,he either holds or is close to the record for longest stay on the Most Wanted list.He may be deceased by now,but of course,no one knows.

Re: Missing Mobsters/Gangsters before the digital age [Re: Hamilton] #786289
06/27/14 02:18 PM
06/27/14 02:18 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: Hamilton

Hamilton,

Whitey Bulger is probably the most famous one, but here is another.

Mob associate Enrico Ponzo gets 28-year prison term

By Milton J. Valencia | Globe staff April 28, 2014

A gangster who attempted a hit on a notorious Mafia boss, then spent 16 years on the lam, posing for years as a cattle rancher in Idaho, was sentenced Monday to 28 years in prison, despite spirited pleas that he literally became a new man during his time on the run.

Enrico Ponzo, a New England Mafia associate from Boston, said he turned away from a career of crime and drugs, settling into a life as a cattle rancher named Jay Shaw and being “Mr. Mom” to his two children.

“If I was the Enrico Ponzo of 20 years ago, you never would have caught me; I would have escaped,” he told US District Court Judge Nathaniel M. Gorton before a packed courtroom in Boston.

Gorton expressed little sympathy, however, telling Ponzo, “After all the posturing, rhetoric, excuses, blaming others, the time has come for you to pay for your crimes.

“You can run, but ultimately you cannot hide from your sordid past in organized crime,” the judge said.

Ponzo, 45, known for his animations in the courtroom, stood solemnly, fumbling through paperwork and stopping to take a drink of water.

The theatrics of Monday’s sentencing hearing punctuated what had been a colorful, at times circuslike case since Ponzo was arrested in February 2011.

The arrest of a New England Mafia associate in Marsing, Idaho, a farming town of just over 1,000 people about 40 miles from Boise, made national headlines. Ponzo added drama to court hearings in the years since, getting animated during the proceedings, at times interrupting his court-
appointed lawyers. He was finally allowed to represent himself. His readiness to engage with prosecutors and the judge added to the theater.

“I’m preserving my objections for the record,” he repeatedly told Gorton Monday, occasionally chuckling at prosecutors’ arguments.

He had dozens of objections to the way the judge calculated the sentence, even though he had faced a harsher sentence of 30 years to life under the guidelines.

Ponzo was an associate of a faction of the New England Mafia that was involved in a bloody power struggle in the late 1980s; a jury found him responsible for the attempted killing of two rivals, including former Mafia leader Francis P. “Cadillac Frank” Salemme, who was shot by masked men outside an International House of Pancakes in Saugus in 1989.

Ponzo was convicted of a racketeering conspiracy that included that shooting, as well as marijuana and cocaine dealing, money laundering, gun possession, and witness intimidation. He must forfeit $2,250,000 from his drug sale proceeds. Authorities plan to seize his Idaho home, as well as $100,000 in cash and $65,000 in gold coins they found at the time of his arrest.

Marilyn Diaz, who knew Ponzo as Jay Shaw in Idaho and wrote a letter on his behalf, said she was disappointed with the sentence.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/04...CpeJ/story.html

Re: Missing Mobsters/Gangsters before the digital age [Re: Hamilton] #786412
06/28/14 09:11 PM
06/28/14 09:11 PM
A treehouse w hamburgers
Hamilton Offline OP
Made Member
Hamilton  Offline OP
Made Member
A treehouse w hamburgers
Roy DeMeo's Cousin Gambino Dracula was supposedly whacked but from what I read about him he was pretty disturbed I wouldn't be surprised if he took off with his sugar daddy to the Florida Keys
LMAO lol

"Asking us questions...harass and arrest us ..saying we eat pieces of shiet like u for breakfast ...Huh ya'll eat pieces of shiet..? whats the basis we ain't going no where.. we got suits n cases.. trunk full of coke rental car from avis only now clemente can save us,, I told said solly I acted da fool I'll be gone till November I got bodies too move....
I put pebbles on my hood like Danny Greene here comes the crab n his queen yes barbara actin da fool mess with a pyscho u kno its time to move.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull