GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 314 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,973
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,078
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #784500
06/18/14 09:23 AM
06/18/14 09:23 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
i don't know how often the Captains really vote the boss in as in hes just the most powerful and everyone knows hes going to be the boss, like a Stevie Crea with the Lucccheses, i doubt there was an election, everyone knew though that when Stevie was back in the fold he was the boss

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Vknicks] #784501
06/18/14 09:30 AM
06/18/14 09:30 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline OP
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline OP
Underboss
manchester uk
Yeah I agree , in some instances that is defo the case , the strongest most powerful guy sticks out but that's the way a boss is supposed to be elected . In the case of the bonnanos I would defo say an election would be required

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Vknicks] #784505
06/18/14 09:42 AM
06/18/14 09:42 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Vknicks
i don't know how often the Captains really vote the boss in as in hes just the most powerful and everyone knows hes going to be the boss, like a Stevie Crea with the Lucccheses, i doubt there was an election, everyone knew though that when Stevie was back in the fold he was the boss

Yeah, after the mess those assholes out in Brooklyn made of things in the early '90s, there was little doubt that the new boss would come out of the Bronx-Westchester-Harlem wing of the family.

Cream rises. Stevie is intelligent and charismatic. If you knew him when he was in his 30's and 40's, you'd see that he was definitely destined to lead in some capacity (but for all of the talk of his being "white collar," he was no one to be fooled with back then wink ).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #784512
06/18/14 10:24 AM
06/18/14 10:24 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
Yeah Stevie has had some run, from the late 80s everyone as far as the Bronx-Westchester-Harlem side of the that family everyone knew Stevie was the man, nevermind back then what a massive guy, who is a stone cold gangster, one look at Stevie and you know he is no one to play games with

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #784550
06/18/14 12:46 PM
06/18/14 12:46 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Another thing , wen electing a boss the captsins have to vote a boss in , if it's true what everyone is saying that this guy isn't popular at all he wouldn't have been voted in , in the first place , which defo leads to me to believe he is a lightening rod for someone else . Who is anyone's guess , maybe it's a young up and coming guy like wen they appointed montagna acting boss

I doubt Montagna was really voted in, i could be wrong but it seems like Vinny appointed him as nothing more then a last ditch effort to keep the power in the bronx.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Dellacroce] #784557
06/18/14 01:31 PM
06/18/14 01:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
I doubt Montagna was really voted in, i could be wrong but it seems like Vinny appointed him as nothing more then a last ditch effort to keep the power in the bronx.

And it worked out well for both of them, didn't it?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #784646
06/19/14 07:05 AM
06/19/14 07:05 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i think the boss of the bonanno's is totò catalano

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: m2w] #784647
06/19/14 07:22 AM
06/19/14 07:22 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline OP
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline OP
Underboss
manchester uk
Catalano has been keeping a low profile since being released

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #784648
06/19/14 07:24 AM
06/19/14 07:24 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

He's a foreign national with lifetime parole restrictions. It's easy to keep a low profile when you can barely leave your own home wink.

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #784650
06/19/14 07:29 AM
06/19/14 07:29 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline OP
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline OP
Underboss
manchester uk
Exactly hence why he won't be the bonnano boss , the guy has spent half his life in prison , doubt he will wanna jump bak in the game

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #784653
06/19/14 07:54 AM
06/19/14 07:54 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Exactly hence why he won't be the bonnano boss , the guy has spent half his life in prison , doubt he will wanna jump bak in the game

I'll bet he's willing, just not able. Like I said, his restrictions are in place until his original sentence maxes out. He did like 25 out of 45 years, which leaves about 20 years of parole, and he's almost 75 years old as it is. That makes it just about impossible for him to take a leadership position.

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #784656
06/19/14 08:16 AM
06/19/14 08:16 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Mancuso is a dead ringer for my favorite childhood footballer, Christian Vieri, in this picture.

Last edited by J Geoff; 09/22/18 02:28 AM. Reason: Image Removed: "PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS NOTICE IS BEING PROVIDED BY BELINDA J. ROSSETTI, THE OWNER OF A COPYRIGHTED WORK/S THAT IS/ARE BEING INFRINGED BY"

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #785207
06/22/14 08:11 AM
06/22/14 08:11 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Judge refuses to toss Bonanno crime family indictment

Saturday, June 21, 2014

A judge refused Wednesday to toss out the indictments against eight reputed members of the Bonanno crime family.
Nicholas “Nicky Mouth” Santora, the alleged captain of the gang, appeared in Manhattan Supreme Court with seven co-defedants facing charges of extortion, loan-sharking, gambling and drug dealing.

Prosecutors say the case proves that traditional organized crime persists and that the illegal activities have even branched out to include online crimes. For example, the crew operated a Costa Rica-based online gambling operation that took in $7 million in illegal bets over six months, according to prosecutors.

The reputed Bonanno members, who were seen laughing together in court, are also accused of using one their associates, Nicholas Bernhard, a president of a local Teamsters union chapter, to support the crime family’s gambling operations. Union members were allegedly recruited to borrow money from the mob loan sharks and then gamble it away.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/06/18/j...family-members/

Last edited by NNY78; 06/22/14 08:12 AM.
Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: NNY78] #785208
06/22/14 08:18 AM
06/22/14 08:18 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
What a joke. Local 917 is a toothless tiger.

I know a dozen good men who've lost their pensions over the years for "bringing reproach upon themselves," or whatever those Federal union babysitters call it, and this putz still has his job rolleyes.

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #836786
04/09/15 10:03 AM
04/09/15 10:03 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
Looks like according to Gangland hes got a problem

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: pizzaboy] #836791
04/09/15 10:24 AM
04/09/15 10:24 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

He's a foreign national with lifetime parole restrictions. It's easy to keep a low profile when you can barely leave your own home wink.

yes, but it's clear that all the peole involved in the pizza connection who has been released as john gambino are in top position

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #836921
04/10/15 04:13 AM
04/10/15 04:13 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
Feds: We Have New Bonannos, And As Usual, They're at Odds with Each Other

Frank SalernoA potentially bloody dispute over control of the Bonanno crime family is thankfully still in the diplomatic stage, with the family's imprisoned boss using his nephew as a messenger to try to stifle a crew of rebellious Bonanno members, Gang Land has learned.

As Michael (Mikey Nose) Mancuso sits in federal prison serving a 15-year sentence for murder, he has dispatched repeated messages via nephew Frank (Frankie Boy) Salerno, reputedly a newly minted family soldier. The communications have allegedly been routed to "street boss" John Palazzolo who was hand-picked by Mikey Nose to run the crime family in his absence and to help thwart a move by restless members to take control of the family, according to recently filed federal court papers.

Salerno, 41, is identified as a Bonanno crime family soldier by detectives with the NYPD's Organized Crime Investigation Division who tipped off probation officials about the role he was playing between Mancuso and Palazzolo, a veteran 77-year-old capo.

Michael MancusoWithin hours of leaving the Danbury federal prison where Mancuso is slated to remain until 2019, Salerno hooked up with Palazzolo and a crew of wiseguys at the Trattoria Thirty Five, a Bayside Queens eatery that the new "street boss" frequents, according to assistant U.S. attorneys Nicole Argentieri and Alicyn Cooley.

In their court papers, the prosecutors asked Brooklyn Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis to detain Palazzolo as a danger to the community for violating his post prison restrictions against meeting with mobsters. Prosecutors also cited the aging mobster for "agreeing to assume a leadership position in a violent criminal enterprise."

Also attending the restaurant session, prosecutors wrote, were John (Johnny Mulberry) Sciremammano, 68; Pasquale (Patty Boy) Maiorino, 65; Enzo (The Baker) Stagno, 41; and Vincent Caroleo, 71. Except for Caroleo, all have criminal records. But only two attendees, Sciremammano and Maiorino, were on the long list of organized crime figures that the Probation Department, which gets its info from the FBI, ordered Palazzolo to avoid.

John SciremammanoOCID, the FBI, and the U.S. Attorney's office declined to discuss the apparent discrepancy between the respective mob rosters of "made men" cited by OCID and the FBI. Traditionally, the FBI has had more stringent rules about identifying a known associate as a member of an organized crime family.

Gang Land, which has its own high standards on the touchy subject of mob membership, hears from various sources that the Bonannos have made many new members in recent months. Allegedly, as many as 12 new members have been inducted. Sources say Frankie Boy Salerno may be one of them, if only to legitimize Mancuso's use of his nephew as a go-between with other members of the crime family.

In addition to meeting the two mobsters on the "do not associate with" list, on March 23, prosecutors wrote that Palazzolo should be detained for having conducted a lengthy meeting the day before with onetime family consigliere Anthony (Fat Anthony) Rabito in the parking lot of the Nevada Diner in Elmhurst.

John PalazzoloIn recent court sessions Palazzolo attorney Flora Edwards argued that her client "was about two and a half weeks out of surgery." Citing his poor health, the lawyer argued for home confinement rather than detention in the Metropolitan Detention Center. In a court hearing this week, Garaufis declined to remand Palazzolo, but agreed to revisit the issue later this month after Edwards submits evidence that detention at the MDC would be dangerous to her client's health.

But Garaufis has indicated that might be a hard argument to for her to win.

"I am sympathetic, but the fact of the matter is we wouldn't be here except for his alleged conduct," the judge said at a hearing last month. "He goes to lunch for hours on end and meets these people in diner parking lots. So, you can argue that he's sick, but you can also argue that, notwithstanding his medical problems, he's fit enough to engage in social contacts or other contacts with those with whom he has a relationship."

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Vknicks] #836927
04/10/15 05:30 AM
04/10/15 05:30 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo

Frank SalernoA potentially bloody dispute over control of the Bonanno crime family is thankfully still in the diplomatic stage, with the family's imprisoned boss using his nephew as a messenger to try to stifle a crew of rebellious Bonanno members, Gang Land has learned.

As Michael (Mikey Nose) Mancuso sits in federal prison serving a 15-year sentence for murder, he has dispatched repeated messages via nephew Frank (Frankie Boy) Salerno, reputedly a newly minted family soldier. The communications have allegedly been routed to "street boss" John Palazzolo who was hand-picked by Mikey Nose to run the crime family in his absence and to help thwart a move by restless members to take control of the family, according to recently filed federal court papers.

Salerno, 41, is identified as a Bonanno crime family soldier by detectives with the NYPD's Organized Crime Investigation Division who tipped off probation officials about the role he was playing between Mancuso and Palazzolo, a veteran 77-year-old capo.

Michael MancusoWithin hours of leaving the Danbury federal prison where Mancuso is slated to remain until 2019, Salerno hooked up with Palazzolo and a crew of wiseguys at the Trattoria Thirty Five, a Bayside Queens eatery that the new "street boss" frequents, according to assistant U.S. attorneys Nicole Argentieri and Alicyn Cooley.

In their court papers, the prosecutors asked Brooklyn Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis to detain Palazzolo as a danger to the community for violating his post prison restrictions against meeting with mobsters. Prosecutors also cited the aging mobster for "agreeing to assume a leadership position in a violent criminal enterprise."

Also attending the restaurant session, prosecutors wrote, were John (Johnny Mulberry) Sciremammano, 68; Pasquale (Patty Boy) Maiorino, 65; Enzo (The Baker) Stagno, 41; and Vincent Caroleo, 71. Except for Caroleo, all have criminal records. But only two attendees, Sciremammano and Maiorino, were on the long list of organized crime figures that the Probation Department, which gets its info from the FBI, ordered Palazzolo to avoid.

John SciremammanoOCID, the FBI, and the U.S. Attorney's office declined to discuss the apparent discrepancy between the respective mob rosters of "made men" cited by OCID and the FBI. Traditionally, the FBI has had more stringent rules about identifying a known associate as a member of an organized crime family.

Gang Land, which has its own high standards on the touchy subject of mob membership, hears from various sources that the Bonannos have made many new members in recent months. Allegedly, as many as 12 new members have been inducted. Sources say Frankie Boy Salerno may be one of them, if only to legitimize Mancuso's use of his nephew as a go-between with other members of the crime family.

In addition to meeting the two mobsters on the "do not associate with" list, on March 23, prosecutors wrote that Palazzolo should be detained for having conducted a lengthy meeting the day before with onetime family consigliere Anthony (Fat Anthony) Rabito in the parking lot of the Nevada Diner in Elmhurst.

John PalazzoloIn recent court sessions Palazzolo attorney Flora Edwards argued that her client "was about two and a half weeks out of surgery." Citing his poor health, the lawyer argued for home confinement rather than detention in the Metropolitan Detention Center. In a court hearing this week, Garaufis declined to remand Palazzolo, but agreed to revisit the issue later this month after Edwards submits evidence that detention at the MDC would be dangerous to her client's health.

"I am sympathetic, but the fact of the matter is we wouldn't be here except for his alleged conduct," the judge said at a hearing last month. "He goes to lunch for hours on end and meets these people in diner parking lots. So, you can argue that he's sick, but you can also argue that, notwithstanding his medical problems, he's fit enough to engage in social contacts or other contacts with those with whom he has a relationship."

The Nevada diner is (was) a stones throw from the old "McDowell's" restaurant from the movie Coming to America. Both will be luxury condos soon.

It's interesting that these guys still meet all over Queens. Nicky Santoro recently met with Anthony Romanello in Corona, as was discussed here.

So who is this crew of rebellious Bonanno's? Is it the Howard Beach home invasion crew?

Last edited by Flushing; 04/10/15 05:32 AM.
Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Flushing] #836928
04/10/15 05:47 AM
04/10/15 05:47 AM
Shamm11375 Offline
Button
Shamm11375  Offline
Button
Trattoria 35 on Bell Blvd has good food... go there a lot. Ha

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Vknicks] #836932
04/10/15 05:59 AM
04/10/15 05:59 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo

Enzo "The Baker" Stagno was shot in East Harlem last year.
http://nypost.com/2013/06/01/admitted-mafia-member-survives-attempted-mob-hit-in-east-harlem/

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #836946
04/10/15 07:43 AM
04/10/15 07:43 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
Its funny they had those issues last year about making to many and now there saying they just made a bunch more, I guess hes trying to rebuild a Bronx crew

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Vknicks] #836947
04/10/15 07:52 AM
04/10/15 07:52 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I guess hes trying to rebuild a Bronx crew

But it's not a homegrown crew. The power there has clearly shifted out east. You can't just show up with a bunch of newly made guys from Queens and Nassau and say, Look, all the Bronx guys are in jail for the long haul, so we're here and we ain't going anywhere. The Westside and the Luccheses (who fucking loathe Mancuso to begin with) will not stand for it.

Re that article about the geriatric "rebuilding the Bronx crew and willing to start a war to do it." Typical nonsense from a second rate journalist. The only "war" going on in the East Bronx today is who's gonna get the concessions at the new golf course. And it's hardly a war. Because being that Trump owns it, he'll have the Feds regulating the bids.

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #836948
04/10/15 07:55 AM
04/10/15 07:55 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
His nephew is hoemgrown from the Bronx and has pretty deep ties, not that i think hes going to be able to contend with any of tthe Lucchese or westsides or even have much respect from many but hes been around the bronx a long time

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Vknicks] #836950
04/10/15 08:01 AM
04/10/15 08:01 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
His nephew is hoemgrown from the Bronx and has pretty deep ties, not that i think hes going to be able to contend with any of tthe Lucchese or westsides or even have much respect from many but hes been around the bronx a long time

I'm aware of that. But he's one guy, the guy running things for QD (out of the restaurant by the Pelham Bay Station) can't stand him, and it won't work.

And it's good to see you posting again, Vknicks. It's been awhile smile.

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #836953
04/10/15 08:06 AM
04/10/15 08:06 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
well i can see why people cant stand him but the only thing in his and his uncles favors is maybe the family tie he has with the lucchese his cousin which i know you must know who i'm talking about, however its not a good sign when within days of you getting made your reported on lol

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #836954
04/10/15 08:07 AM
04/10/15 08:07 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
and i figured id post a little bit on this bc if you read the first page of the post i wrote about his nephew before as you put it the 3rd rate journalist knew who he was

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Vknicks] #836957
04/10/15 08:14 AM
04/10/15 08:14 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
and i figured id post a little bit on this bc if you read the first page of the post i wrote about his nephew before as you put it the 3rd rate journalist knew who he was

Exactly. You think these hack mob writers don't troll these sites for intel?

And speaking of Ed Lieber.... lol.

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #836960
04/10/15 08:38 AM
04/10/15 08:38 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
well in their defense they are writing about something tehy have no no idea about and probably never met one of these guys in their lives lol but in all seriousness i almost spit out my coffee when i read they thought there could be a war , who lead my a guy whos been made for a week and hes a tough guy but come on.. also it should say something about his nephew the group he ended up with despite all his relatives and east harlem roots

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: domwoods74] #836961
04/10/15 08:41 AM
04/10/15 08:41 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
but i guess nothing draws headlines like a mob war

Re: Is Michael mancuso the real bonnano boss [Re: Vknicks] #836965
04/10/15 08:50 AM
04/10/15 08:50 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
well in their defense they are writing about something tehy have no no idea about and probably never met one of these guys in their lives lol

They can't use that excuse. Not when guys like Jimmy Breslin, Pete Hamill and Jerry Capeci set the standard for them. Journalism is dead.

but in all seriousness i almost spit out my coffee

I hope you didn't ruin your keyboard. I've ruined at least three like that lol.

also it should say something about his nephew the group he ended up with despite all his relatives and east harlem roots

You're taking me wrong, buddy. I am NOT trying to discredit the kid. I've known him since he was working at George's jewelry store on Tremont (how's that? wink ).

I'm just saying that it's not gonna work. The Bonannos were always a distant fourth in the Bronx to begin with. If it wasn't for that five year run where George got popped, to Vinny being overexposed, to Cicale and half a dozen other guys ratting, the Bronx Bonannos would still consist of Fat Patty and his numbers stores (well, Patty's dead, so maybe that's a bad example lol).

Massino finally beefed up the Bronx faction when he came out of jail as a favor to George and Fat Patty, and it turned out to be a very big mistake. Even if this stuff turns out to be true, it will end in disaster. Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull